PDA

View Full Version : Judd Apatow's next project is a KNOCKED UP spinoff

bartleby
01-06-2011, 05:47 PM
Rudd, Mann reprise 'Knocked Up' roles for Apatow

Thesps to star in untitled Universal comedy

By JUSTIN KROLL

Judd Apatow's next project will feature Leslie Mann and Paul Rudd reprising their roles from "Knocked Up" in the untitled laffer set for summer 2012.

Apatow will write and direct the film, the first he's helmed since 2009's "Funny People." Apatow will also produce along with Barry Mendel and Clayton Townsend.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118029859

Kurt Russell Crowe
01-06-2011, 05:50 PM
no way, featuring Leslie Mann? I'm shocked!

I'm one of the minority who like Funny People, though, looking forward to the next

shoelaceless
01-06-2011, 05:55 PM
Those are not the characters from Knocked Up that I'd have much of a desire to see again.

Spidey616
01-06-2011, 06:09 PM

I'm one of the minority who like Funny People, though, looking forward to the next

And his 2 daughters as well I'm assuming :)

BenC (formerly Ape-X)
01-06-2011, 06:10 PM
Hire a mercenary editor and it might stand a chance!

Albert
01-06-2011, 06:10 PM

I liked Funny People a lot. I only saw it one time, opening weekend, so I'm not sure how it holds up but after seeing it I thought it was great.

GrandeMaestro F√ľnke
01-06-2011, 06:21 PM
I didn't really like Knocked Up, but I like Apatow's other movies. I'll probably check out it on netflix at some point.

Kelly Tindall
01-06-2011, 06:25 PM
Those are not the characters from Knocked Up that I'd have much of a desire to see again.

They are literally the only characters I enjoyed in that movie, which I intensely disliked.

Jono
01-06-2011, 06:30 PM
Apatow has a very attractive family, whom I'd really like to never see in any of his movies again. We get it, you married well and your kids are photogenic. Let's please move on to something else...

information
01-06-2011, 06:34 PM
I will watch, and most likely enjoy, this movie.

SteveFlack
01-06-2011, 06:37 PM
Dear Judd Apatow,

No one else thinks your kids are cute.

Ben Rosen
01-06-2011, 06:44 PM
paul rudd killed it in knocked up. cool cool cool

LeggoMyEggolas
01-06-2011, 08:50 PM
If ends up about Rudd's Fantasy Football obsession and maybe encouraging Mann to join him wouldn't that almost exactly be The League?

James Patrick
01-06-2011, 09:20 PM
I second the editor comment. And I dig all three, so i'l be there.

Brian Defferding
01-06-2011, 09:30 PM
I loved Knocked Up, so I'm certainly up for this one.

UltimateFactor
01-06-2011, 10:58 PM
I loved Knocked Up, so I'm certainly up for this one.

Same here. As long as I keep enjoying the majority of his movies I don't care who he puts in them.

Dr. Chaos
01-06-2011, 11:18 PM
Paul Rudd is the most likable guy in show business.

I admit, he doesn't always make me laugh but always leaves me thinking "good for you, Paul. You're a swell guy".

SteveFlack
01-07-2011, 08:15 AM
Paul Rudd is the most likable guy in show business.

I admit, he doesn't always make me laugh but always leaves me thinking "good for you, Paul. You're a swell guy".

Paul Rudd makes me feel like less of man. Smart, funny, humble, charming, good looking...

How are we supposed to live up to him? No wonder nobody loves me.

Kelly Tindall
01-07-2011, 08:22 AM
60% of the time, Paul Rudd works, every time.

Blake Sims
01-07-2011, 08:25 AM
60% of the time, Paul Rudd works, every time.

:thumb:

panco
01-07-2011, 08:40 AM
His wife is hawt.
It's like she only stars in the movies he directs now though...

WillieLee
01-07-2011, 08:44 AM
I liked Funny People a lot. I only saw it one time, opening weekend, so I'm not sure how it holds up but after seeing it I thought it was great.

I thought it was great too, but the second story is likely what turned some people off. They came for the funny!

But now I'm wondering if Leslie Mann was playing a character or just playing herself?

HeroBoy
01-07-2011, 08:55 AM
Paul Rudd even made Halloween 5 watchable! (not really...)

I like this idea. The scene with them fighting about seeing Spider-Man 2 was heart wrenching in it's honesty. Two real people, in which neither is a villian, openly talking about married life with children and the joys it entails, and the freedoms it takes away. It was also funny, which is a giant plus.

And as is, if anyone truly HATES an Apatow project, I have no clue what tickles their funny bone then anyway...

SteveFlack
01-07-2011, 09:21 AM
His wife is hawt.
It's like he's the only person who casts her in anything....

Fixed.

Buk Was Right
01-07-2011, 09:36 AM
Paul Rudd makes me feel like less of man. Smart, funny, humble, charming, good looking...

How are we supposed to live up to him? No wonder nobody loves me.

He's the new John Cusak (stealing liberally from Chuck Klosterman here).

If ends up about Rudd's Fantasy Football obsession and maybe encouraging Mann to join him wouldn't that almost exactly be The League?

It was fantasy BASEBALL! Get your facts straight!

yeamon
01-07-2011, 09:42 AM

He got Matsui.

Was always curious why he was happy about that.

Fourthman
01-07-2011, 09:45 AM
Fixed.

Snark aside, she's the female lead in in I LOVE YOU PHILLIP MORRIS, which I believe is in theaters now. She works in the film with a somewhat dramatic role (probably due to it not being very demanding) as opposed to her work in Funny People.

Buk Was Right
01-07-2011, 09:51 AM
He got Matsui.

Was always curious why he was happy about that.

It was a different era.

And count me among the people who liked Funny People. Like a lot of people I certainly liked one half of it more than the other, but on the whole I found it to be an enjoyable movie.

yeamon
01-07-2011, 09:55 AM
As long as it's a more worthy link to "Knocked Up" than "Get Him To The Greek" was to "Forgetting Sarah Marshall". I loved "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" and fell asleep during "Get Him To The Greek".

Buk Was Right
01-07-2011, 10:05 AM
As long as it's a more worthy link to "Knocked Up" than "Get Him To The Greek" was to "Forgetting Sarah Marshall". I loved "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" and fell asleep during "Get Him To The Greek".

I'm not a huge Russel Brand guy, but I laughed my ass off at that movie.

Diddy was great: "I've got six fuckin' kids! Do you know how many Air Jordans six black kids wear?"

I :lol:-ed.

Evan the Shaggy
01-07-2011, 10:08 AM
2 hours of Paul Rudd tripping on mushrooms please.

LeggoMyEggolas
01-07-2011, 10:10 AM
He's the new John Cusak (stealing liberally from Chuck Klosterman here).

Ah thanks for the correction. It's been awhile since seeing the movie and I've blocked most of it from memory for a way too long and bloggy reason. Still would be The (Baseball) League. ;)