PDA

View Full Version : Kieron Gillen and Generation Hope

SmoManCometh
12-13-2010, 06:52 AM
Two issues in, what does eveyone think of the series and of the writer himself?

Evan the Shaggy
12-13-2010, 06:53 AM
I love Kieron Gillen, met him at NYCC and had a great discussion about how he writes all of his characters with a British rock/pop star in his head for each.

Haven't picked this up yet, but I will in trade.

Magnum V.I.
12-13-2010, 06:56 AM
I've liked his writing before but this series hasn't grabbed me yet as I'm not certain I'll stick with it. The giant plot hole in the second issue has really taken me out of the story. They are in Tokyo but for some reason in the middle of the story, Cyclops seems to forget where they are and barks out orders to head to Central Park.

Unless I'm mistaken there isn't a Central Park in Tokyo.

THWIP!
12-13-2010, 07:08 AM
Yeah, I like the writer but this book hasn't grabbed me yet.

Howlett
12-13-2010, 07:23 AM
I've liked what I've read of Gillen's work, but this book so far has been pretty fucking boring. And like Magnum said, I've never heard of a Central Park being in Tokyo.

SidekicksRevenge
12-13-2010, 07:27 AM
Wasn't thrilled with the premise here, but I love Gillen's work and will probably jump back into Uncanny when he's the sole writer on the title.

RoShambo
12-13-2010, 07:59 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shinjuku_Central_Park

Maybe??
:dunno:

WhindamPryce
12-13-2010, 08:05 AM
I haven't read Gillen's non-Marvel work, but he reads very Fraction-y to me. I'm probably wrong on that since I haven't had the full Gillen exposure, as it were. And I do like Fraction. However...

As for Generation Hope, the art is really not working for me. I don't care about most of the characters. The book honestly should've been called Generation X or New Mutants to give it a longer lease on life (though it wouldn't have made a difference for me personally). And also given that there are lot of other teen hero books (at Marvel itself, not to mention other companies) I just don't have the patience for another one.

GrandeMaestro F√ľnke
12-13-2010, 08:08 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shinjuku_Central_Park ?

Ben Weldon
12-13-2010, 08:59 AM
Has the 'I love her on Doctor Who' joke got old yet? God I hope not.

Spidey616
12-13-2010, 11:07 AM
Wrote some great Thor issues. Haven't picked up Generation Hope yet

Gryphon
12-13-2010, 11:12 AM
I love his work for marvel. SWORD was awesome ( death's head FTW), and his thor was amazing. I wish he was still writting thor.