http://www.letsbefriendsagain.com/comics/2010-12-07.jpg

NeverWanderer
12-10-2010, 01:31 AM
:scared:

technically, Wolverine killed him...

Ben
12-10-2010, 04:34 AM

technically, Wolverine killed him...But that would get in the way of the hackneyed "ninja" punchline!

Spidey616
12-10-2010, 04:54 AM
Ninjas :)

Gregory
12-10-2010, 05:48 AM
You know, Marvel could do a lot worse than get its actors to film It Gets Better videos in character. You wanna reach young kids? This will do it.

The Hodag
12-10-2010, 05:58 AM
You know, Marvel could do a lot worse than get its actors to film It Gets Better videos in character. You wanna reach young kids? This will do it.

I think I like the idea, but it might feel disingenuous if they're in character. Like, "Oh, he's just playing a part, no different from some actress playing a mom for a Sunny D commercial."

It's also somewhat difficult in that I don't think they have any major gay characters, right? I mean besides Terrence Howard's Rhodey. :)

But if Fox were to do this, the X-Men have always stood in for persecution, so that opens the door for Wolverine if you keep the message broad. Or if you allow the actors to just speak as actors, Ian McKellan would probably be awesome.

It's tricky. It could potentially be a really cool idea.

Colin Solan
12-10-2010, 01:13 PM

Wolverine's a ninja.

Just like Batman's a scientist.

:smug:

Dreg
12-10-2010, 01:43 PM

Technically, he was aiming for Kitty Pryde, so even that was kind of accidental.

Jonathan Callan
12-10-2010, 01:45 PM
But that would get in the way of the hackneyed "ninja" punchline!

Hackneyed? I'm not saying it's Monty Python, but it's a pretty nice reversal. The punchline you want needs to be clipped and absurd. Sort of hard to break down the Enemy of the State storyline in a phrase simpler than that.