PDA

View Full Version : Clone Wars Fans, a Question

michealdark
09-21-2010, 09:53 AM
It's a question I have to semi-regularly ask just to see where other fans sit as the show progresses: do you think Clone Wars is going to end with Ahsoka's death? I'm still of the opinion that it will, but it seems the tide is turning to her escaping the purge and living the rest of her days in hiding.

Thequeerjock
09-21-2010, 09:58 AM
It pretty much has to.
The big problem of doing a prequel cartoon to ROTS is that either way, it looks weird for Anakin not to mention an apprentice, but even more so if she's still alive.

Dreg
09-21-2010, 11:15 AM
Anakin will assume that she's dead. That much will probably be true. But Lucas really wants to stretch this series out as long as he can, so I imagine there will be more and more build up and clues.

Thequeerjock
09-21-2010, 11:22 AM
Ahsoka surviving the purge could make for a very interesting series of possibilities for the Expanded Universe things.

Doesn't Luke eventually reform the Jedi Order at some point in the novels?

Personamanx
09-21-2010, 11:39 AM
I'm hoping for her to be a boss fight in the Force Unleashed two.

michealdark
09-21-2010, 12:55 PM
Ahsoka surviving the purge could make for a very interesting series of possibilities for the Expanded Universe things.

And the Jedi Order is currently on the verge of falling apart thanks to Jacen's turn to the Dark Side and murder of his aunt Mara.

Lester C.
09-21-2010, 12:55 PM

Yes but there were some problems along the way as Luke is 60s right now.

I haven't seen the show, are characters dying in Clone Wars? It's a kids show so I would think not.

michealdark
09-21-2010, 12:59 PM
People have been shot at, in intense lightsaber battles, and almost poisoned. They can get close to the line, but I don't think have stepped over it yet

VenomMelendez
09-21-2010, 12:59 PM
Alot of Jedi survived and went into hiding, so it's not impossible that she does the same.

michealdark
09-21-2010, 01:05 PM
But would her going into hiding be enough to edge Anakin more to the dark side. I keep looking at everything as stuff that would push Anakin to the dark side.

Personamanx
09-21-2010, 01:05 PM
I haven't seen the show, are characters dying in Clone Wars? It's a kids show so I would think not.

Lots of Clones Die. And a few human characters have as well.

Thequeerjock
09-21-2010, 01:06 PM
People have been shot at, in intense lightsaber battles, and almost poisoned. They can get close to the line, but I don't think have stepped over it yet

The clones get killed a lot though, and I think there's an episode where Grevious kills a Jedi. It's the one where they break into his fortress or whatever.

And for the most part, series finales get away with killings since it's the last episode.

michealdark
09-21-2010, 01:17 PM
Thanks for that.

I think having it on my DVR actually hurts things, because I don't watch new episodes all the time because I know I can just catch them whenever

Thequeerjock
09-21-2010, 02:24 PM
Thanks for that.

I think having it on my DVR actually hurts things, because I don't watch new episodes all the time because I know I can just catch them whenever

No worries. Here is the scene for anyone interested:
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100417172419/starwars/images/8/81/Nahdars_death.jpg

So yeah, onscreen death.

michealdark
09-21-2010, 02:29 PM
There you go. So yeah, they could do it if they wanted to.

You also have to remember that this show seems geared towards a tween audience more than a young kids audience. Tween shows can get away with a bit more. Remember BTAS? And (while it was a dream) Barbara falling 20 stories, bouncing off a police a car, and dying in her father's arms from a combination of presummable massive internal injuries and a massive concussion?

DonC
09-21-2010, 03:04 PM

They just had their first last-minute edit. This scene got cut after Cartoon Network asked for it to be removed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE11a9BXe54&feature=player_embedded

Oh, yeah. I don't think Ahsoka is going to die. That's just too dark for George Lucas, I think.

Grey Warden
09-21-2010, 03:15 PM
They just had their first last-minute edit. This scene got cut after Cartoon Network asked for it to be removed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE11a9BXe54&feature=player_embedded

Oh, yeah. I don't think Ahsoka is going to die. That's just too dark for George Lucas, I think.

Asajj has gotten more flirtatious and dangerous of late.

I think Ashoka may die. It would compound to Anakin's motive for turning to the dark side. I think loosing her is more than he could bear, even if her death was faked.

Grey Warden
09-21-2010, 03:18 PM

Lotsa dead clones, the occasional Jedi dies and several characters have gotten the saber through the chest.

Asajj and Grievous have done some killing (on and off screen), and those poor clones can be cannon fodder sometimes.

Thequeerjock
09-21-2010, 03:26 PM
It's okay, everyone knows clones have no souls.

But when I was younger, I was surprised at how violent the Gendy Tartakovsky Clone Wars series was. Asajj goes all Jason Voorhees on a poor group of clones when she first meets Anakin, and Grievous' debut had him snapping a Jedi's neck with his foot.

michealdark
09-21-2010, 03:27 PM
Is this the animated cartoon series? I never really got into it. Sounds like I should have.

Grey Warden
09-21-2010, 03:31 PM

But when I was younger, I was surprised at how violent the Gendy Tartakovsky Clone Wars series was. Asajj goes all Jason Voorhees on a poor group of clones when she first meets Anakin, and Grievous' debut had him snapping a Jedi's neck with his foot.

LOL You're so wrong for that TQJ. ;)

The micro series has a lot in common with Samurai Jack (no surprise) in that it's very stylized and violent.

Additionally I don't think you can put the word "War" in the title without it getting ugly.

Is it bad that I want Asajj to win every time she has a mission? :twisted:

K-DoG7p7
09-21-2010, 03:42 PM

Kids show does not stop death (and thats a good thing)

Seems to me that Cartoons are finally going back to where they where in the 90's

I mean just look at Batman: The Brave and the Bold. Sure its no TAS but MAN!
In "The Siege of Starro! Part Two" B'wana Beast dies, funeral and all
and it "The Last Patrol!" the entire Doom Patrol dies
and lets not forget Black Canary Sr's death in "The Golden Age of Justice!"

(the hidden once have not aired in the US yet, the other one aired in january)

DonC
09-21-2010, 03:44 PM
I think Ashoka may die. It would compound to Anakin's motive for turning to the dark side. I think loosing her is more than he could bear, even if her death was faked.

If Ahsoka does die, I want Anakin to be the one who kills her. I think she should be in the Jedi Temple when Anakin shows up with the 501st. She asks Anakin what's going on and he just whips out his lightsaber and he just cuts her down without a second thought. Just have it be totally brutal and unexpected.

K-DoG7p7
09-21-2010, 03:45 PM

Actually the show has been very good at showing the Clones as individuals, and the best episodes by far are the once that focus on them.

Dreg
09-21-2010, 03:45 PM

Oh no, there's quite a body count in The Clone Wars. Several by impalement, some by decapitation.

EDIT: Sorry, late to the party.

Grey Warden
09-21-2010, 03:48 PM
If Ahsoka does die, I want Anakin to be the one who kills her. I think she should be in the Jedi Temple when Anakin shows up with the 501st. She asks Anakin what's going on and he just whips out his lightsaber and he just cuts her down without a second thought. Just have it be totally brutal and unexpected.

If he does that I can't see how Padmae could still defend him. Dude is a complete monster. Not that he wasn't already, but t damn, that's vicious.

Thequeerjock
09-21-2010, 03:49 PM
Actually the show has been very good at showing the Clones as individuals, and the best episodes by far are the once that focus on them.

Somebody forgot their sarcasm detector today.

Dreg
09-21-2010, 03:52 PM
If he does that I can't see how Padmae could still defend him. Dude is a complete monster. Not that he wasn't already, but t damn, that's vicious.

Major difference between Clone Wars Anakin and Prequels Anakin: you believe he's the kind of dude who will kill you if you get up in his shit.

Grey Warden
09-21-2010, 03:56 PM
Major difference between Clone Wars Anakin and Prequels Anakin: you believe he's the kind of dude who will kill you if you get up in his shit.

Yes. I love how the animated series makes Anakin heroic, and not whiny.

Also animated Ani (heh) shows his dark side real clear in season 2. He took some eye raising actions.

Thequeerjock
09-21-2010, 04:42 PM
Nah. He just looks evil cuz of that scar. :P

michealdark
09-21-2010, 07:15 PM

Nah, I think Anakin would feel obligated to give her some kind of reason

Thequeerjock
09-21-2010, 07:23 PM
Yeah, I feel like having him randomly offing her like that would be a giant middle finger to the audience.

Again, she's in a weird spot for a number of reasons. For one, retconning her into Anakin's backstory makes his actions in ROTO seem odd since he never once mentions her.

And of course, if she does live and ultimate bites it when they attack the temple, that also makes Anakin's actions seem even more contrived. It was already a stretch when he destroyed his friends and essentially family without a second thought. But him killing his apprentice, who he's clearly grown fond of, seems like something deserving of a bit of exploration.

Aiguille
09-21-2010, 07:24 PM
Nah, I think Anakin would feel obligated to give her some kind of reason

Maybe even try to recruit her, given that he's willing to force-choke a minor villain on the sly, just to get information that might save her. Of course, I don't see that ending well.

michealdark
09-21-2010, 08:18 PM
Yeah, I could see him trying to recruit her. I could also see her dying of heartbreak because of it, like Padme more or less does (yeah, she got choked out, but really she died because she lost the will to live)

Grey Warden
09-22-2010, 06:40 AM
Nah. He just looks evil cuz of that scar. :P

He's working that scar too. LOL

Lester C.
09-22-2010, 11:01 AM
Is this the animated cartoon series? I never really got into it. Sounds like I should have.

That was a different clone war series. This version has CGI. I hate the animation style of both shows so I've stayed clear.

The novelization as well as the delted scenes on the DVD goes into that. The short answer is that she didn't know and died of a broken heart when he died.

Also someone mentioned the fact that Anakin has a scar. Avoid the novel that happens in as it was the most dry boring novel I ever read.

Grey Warden
09-22-2010, 03:50 PM
The novelization as well as the delted scenes on the DVD goes into that. The short answer is that she didn't know and died of a broken heart when he died.

Also someone mentioned the fact that Anakin has a scar. Avoid the novel that happens in as it was the most dry boring novel I ever read.

Still Les, Padme's death has to be the weakest plot resolution I've seen in a while.

Thequeerjock
09-22-2010, 03:59 PM
I wonder if Lucas ever thought of the corner he was painting himself into with Ahsoka.

It's similar to the Starkiller thing in Force Unleashed. Even with Starkiller dead, they pretty much had to address some of the plot threads they left hanging at the end.

Grey Warden
09-22-2010, 04:04 PM
I wonder if Lucas ever thought of the corner he was painting himself into with Ahsoka.

It's similar to the Starkiller thing in Force Unleashed. Even with Starkiller dead, they pretty much had to address some of the plot threads they left hanging at the end.

Lucas could reedit the prequels with new animated parts to fill in the gaps.

michealdark
09-22-2010, 08:08 PM
??? Um, yeah, I think the trasitions from live action to animation would be really jarring

Lester C.
09-22-2010, 08:36 PM

When it comes to the Expanded Universe Lucas has a hands off approach which is ironic as he is an alleged control freak as a director.

The Force Unleashed plot threads will be addressed in the sequel unless you got the noncannon ending which was followed up upon in one of the DLCs.

In regard to other plot threads they tend to get resolved in other unrelated books. The time line in the books jump a lot so they have been known to kill off major characters off screen by asking for an update in an unrelated book and being shocked that the character died decades ago in the time line.

Still Les, Padme's death has to be the weakest plot resolution I've seen in a while.

I didn't even know Star Wars had three movies that were made in the late 70s and early 80s until I was a couple years into reading the books and comics. I've only seen all six movies once without a strong desire to see it again. For me the books, comics, games are where the action is at.

Jason California
09-22-2010, 09:05 PM
What if Asohka turns to the dark side? What if Anakin has to be the one to take her down?

It would be another great sadness to add to the character. At this point we think we know the major beats of his life.I can't think of anything greater this show could add to his path to the dark side.

His anger at this failure would twist him inside. It would also probably be a topic he does not bring up much.

michealdark
09-22-2010, 09:19 PM
hmm, not a bad idea, Jason

Grey Warden
09-22-2010, 09:38 PM
I didn't even know Star Wars had three movies that were made in the late 70s and early 80s until I was a couple years into reading the books and comics. I've only seen all six movies once without a strong desire to see it again. For me the books, comics, games are where the action is at.

The film studies major that I am is sad to hear you say that about films. ;)

Tyr
09-23-2010, 12:25 AM
imho this series isn't nearly as good as the cartoon network mini series of the same name.

Thequeerjock
09-23-2010, 04:57 AM
The film studies major that I am is sad to hear you say that about films. ;)

Burn him! *Grabs torch*

For me, it was sort of the opposite. Loved all the movies (yes, even AOTC and PM when I was young) and played the video games. Never got into the books or comics that much.

shrike
09-23-2010, 05:34 AM

So in our universe clones as known as 'government officials'?

Lester C.
09-23-2010, 06:11 AM
Yeah, I feel like having him randomly offing her like that would be a giant middle finger to the audience.

Again, she's in a weird spot for a number of reasons. For one, retconning her into Anakin's backstory makes his actions in ROTO seem odd since he never once mentions her.

And of course, if she does live and ultimate bites it when they attack the temple, that also makes Anakin's actions seem even more contrived. It was already a stretch when he destroyed his friends and essentially family without a second thought. But him killing his apprentice, who he's clearly grown fond of, seems like something deserving of a bit of exploration.

The expanded Universe is already in that position before the show hit the air. There have been at least two dozen confirmed Jedi who survived the purge and slipped away to fade into obsecurity and yet 65 years after the third prequel movie not one of them has shown back up.

This all started way back in 99 when Lucas released the prequels. For example Yoda, Ben, Threepio, R2d2 all look like assholes for not telling Luke and Lea about Padme whom they did not discover exsited until the twins were in their late 50s.

michealdark
09-23-2010, 06:37 AM
Yoda was probably ashamed
Ben for sure was ashamed
and Threepio and Artoo seemed to have those memories wiped from them before A New Hope.

Lester C.
09-23-2010, 10:04 AM
Yoda was probably ashamed
Ben for sure was ashamed
and Threepio and Artoo seemed to have those memories wiped from them before A New Hope.
The Grey Warden would NEVER be comment on this post because he refuses to read the novels :hulk: but...
Threepio did get a memory wipe at the end of the third movie but not R2d2. He kept the information from Luke because he thought it would hurt him but shared everything he recorded with Skywalker when Luke was 55 or so. This is how Luke learned about the identity of his mother as it turns out R2d2 recorded pivotal events from the prequel movies

michealdark
09-23-2010, 10:13 AM
Thanks for that. So Artoo is capable of feeling something approaching emotion? I kinda always thought that. He always was very expressive for only communicating in beeps and non-verbal methods

Lester C.
09-23-2010, 10:16 AM
Thanks for that. So Artoo is capable of feeling something approaching emotion? I kinda always thought that. He always was very expressive for only communicating in beeps and non-verbal methods

The official explanation is that all forms of artifical intelligence in the Star Wars have creative dampener chips so they are intelligent without being sentient. However if droids have these chips removed, not installed, or just don't undergo routine maintenance then they become sentient emotional life forms.

michealdark
09-23-2010, 10:18 AM
Sounds about right.

Lester C.
09-23-2010, 11:01 AM
Sounds about right.

This is why you go to me rather than Grey Warden for all your EU needs. In fact I asked Stacy once what do you think of the EU and he mentioned something about Euros.:confused which made me hungry as I thought he was talking about this.

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r44/THISBUG1/Picture002.jpg

Jason California
09-23-2010, 11:02 AM
hmm, not a bad idea, Jason

You are right Mike.

michealdark
09-23-2010, 11:07 AM
I just realized the gyros look like vaginas.

Jason California
09-23-2010, 11:20 AM
I just realized the gyros look like vaginas.

Similar to tacos.

michealdark
09-23-2010, 11:26 AM
I don't know if that enhances the experience or not

Jason California
09-23-2010, 12:26 PM
I don't know if that enhances the experience or not

I like to eat them all. The experience is pretty fulfilling.

Lester C.
09-23-2010, 12:30 PM
I like to eat them all. The experience is pretty fulfilling.

If made for quality rather than quantity gyros and cheese fries are really good. Really bad for you but it doesn't get any better as far as fast food is concerned.

michealdark
09-23-2010, 12:32 PM
I wonder what they do in Star Wars for a quick meal

Dreg
09-23-2010, 12:40 PM
The official explanation is that all forms of artifical intelligence in the Star Wars have creative dampener chips so they are intelligent without being sentient. However if droids have these chips removed, not installed, or just don't undergo routine maintenance then they become sentient emotional life forms.

I thought they became sentient because of too much cinnamon?

Grey Warden
09-23-2010, 02:51 PM
Burn him! *Grabs torch*

For me, it was sort of the opposite. Loved all the movies (yes, even AOTC and PM when I was young) and played the video games. Never got into the books or comics that much.

That was the same for me. I did read "Shadows of the Empire" a long time ago, but wasn't entertained.

Thequeerjock
09-23-2010, 03:09 PM
That was the same for me. I did read "Shadows of the Empire" a long time ago, but wasn't entertained.

Yeah! A fellow not-quite-fan of the EU!
I really did enjoy the plot of Force Unleashed for what it's worth.

It's funny, I just had a thought. If they continue the FU series, maybe they could have a level where you fight Asokha after she's gone into exile. Problem solved!

Jason California
09-23-2010, 03:14 PM
The EU is where it is at. Without the expanded universe SW would be some so-so movies with great special FX. It is the added background the makes the SW world a rich one.

Personamanx
09-23-2010, 03:16 PM
It's funny, I just had a thought. If they continue the FU series, maybe they could have a level where you fight Asokha after she's gone into exile. Problem solved!

Just like I suggested on an Earlier page!:o

Grey Warden
09-23-2010, 03:18 PM
Yeah! A fellow not-quite-fan of the EU!
I really did enjoy the plot of Force Unleashed for what it's worth.

I want to try Force Unleashed. Perhaps I'll treat myself to the game soon. ;)

Dreg
09-23-2010, 03:39 PM
It's been too long without a flame war on the jinxworld boards, so here goes:

Who's cooler, Plo Koon or Kit Fisto?

If there are any survivors of this flamewar, follow-up question: who would win in a fight?

Thequeerjock
09-23-2010, 03:46 PM
Kit Fisto. After watching him in the cartoon, I thought it was criminal how easily Lucas had him get killed off in the movie. Plo reminds me of an old man on a respirator.

I actually feel bad for a lot of the EU fans. I was informed by a fellow poster here that a lot of the Jedi who got killed in the montage were established characters in the comics and novels. That's gotta suck seeing a character you followed for a long time simply dispatched in a two-second clip.

Personamanx
09-23-2010, 03:49 PM
Kit Fisto. He's just awesome on all levels. Sucks how he died though.

Kit would also probably win in a fight.

Both names sound like those of Porn stars though.

Grey Warden
09-23-2010, 03:55 PM
Kit Fisto. After watching him in the cartoon, I thought it was criminal how easily Lucas had him get killed off in the movie. Plo reminds me of an old man on a respirator.

I actually feel bad for a lot of the EU fans. I was informed by a fellow poster here that a lot of the Jedi who got killed in the montage were established characters in the comics and novels. That's gotta suck seeing a character you followed for a long time simply dispatched in a two-second clip.

I think Kit Fisto for the win too. I love how he schooled Grievous. Dude is straight up skilled. His death in RofS is so lame it embarrasses the character.

michealdark
09-23-2010, 07:17 PM
The EU is where it is at. Without the expanded universe SW would be some so-so movies with great special FX. It is the added background the makes the SW world a rich one.

Except Legacy of the Force killed it for me. It's a retread of the prequels, plus it has Skywalkers killing Skywalkers (yet more tactics from the past), and one of them happens to be Mara Jade, who's like my favorite Star Wars character of all time.

Cassandra
09-24-2010, 03:51 AM
As much as I love Clone Wars I cannot help but thinking while watching it 'yes you guys are happy now and have won a small victory but you're all going to day and it's going to get 1000x worse for many years before things get better.' So depressing! :lol:

Lester C.
09-24-2010, 04:24 AM
I think Kit Fisto for the win too. I love how he schooled Grievous. Dude is straight up skilled. His death in RofS is so lame it embarrasses the character.

As with all six movies, the book handles it much better regarding both deaths.

Thequeerjock
09-24-2010, 10:18 AM
As much as I love Clone Wars I cannot help but thinking while watching it 'yes you guys are happy now and have won a small victory but you're all going to day and it's going to get 1000x worse for many years before things get better.' So depressing! :lol:

It's got a lot of the problems that Halo Reach had, but at least at the very end after you and your entire team have been killed off, they go out of the way to point out that what you did in the game directly set up Master Chief for his heroic victory over the Covenant in the original Halo games.

Here, it seems so bleak because there's no payoff. What the Jedi did in the show obviously isn't going to save them or impact the heroes of the original films, so it does end up looking like it was all for nothing.

Lester C.
09-24-2010, 10:38 AM
It's got a lot of the problems that Halo Reach had, but at least at the very end after you and your entire team has been killed off, they go out of the way to point out that what you did in the game directly set up Master Chief for his heroic victory over the Covenant in the original Halo games.

Here, it seems to bleak because there's no payoff. What the Jedi did in the show obviously isn't going to save them or impact the heroes of the original films, so it does end up looking like it was all for nothing.

MASSIVE SPOILERS FOR THE STAR WARS SAGA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Star Wars saga has the same problem for fans of the movie. Basically the "happy" ending in Return Of The Jedi only lasted five years and he's had forty years of pain, misery, betrayal and death of all those he loves. Same goes for the Jedi order. Like Daredevil you ask yourself what's the point as whenever the character picks himself up he gets knocked down even worse.

Grey Warden
09-24-2010, 04:26 PM
As with all six movies, the book handles it much better regarding both deaths.

I liked the original three movies. Those were fun for me.

Prequels went all the hell with so many things that didn't add up.

If one saw the Micro series of Clone Wars one would believe that there was NO WAY those Jedi fell so easily and so clueless. OMG if there was ever a cluster of dumb asses in any galaxy it would be the Jedi if one watches the prequels.

Watching the ongoing animated series creates the same paradox. Some of those Jedi deaths don't even make sense after you watch this show. Its like they stopped being Jedi so they could die to fit the film.

For example Mace Widu is so hardcore in the micro series. He takes on an army of droids and defeats their latest death machine, and STILL has energy to fight.

Likewise Grievous is so aggressive and skilled in his fights with multiple Jedi yet fighting Obi-Wan in the prequel is ridiculously simple.

Grey Warden
09-24-2010, 07:27 PM
Did anyone catch tonight's episode?

Aiguille
09-24-2010, 07:36 PM
Did anyone catch tonight's episode?

It's another anachronic one, takes place before the first episode, first season. Jar-Jar was briefly useful in his diplomatic capacities, which is disconcerting on the whole.

Grey Warden
09-24-2010, 07:45 PM
It's another anachronic one, takes place before the first episode, first season. Jar-Jar was briefly useful in his diplomatic capacities, which is disconcerting on the whole.

The time displacement did throw me off a bit, which I didn't like. I was like are they going to free Ryloth again? Never mind the Yoda meeting hadn't happend yet.

Jar Jar... I really find him greatly annoying to a point of losing enjoyment of an episode.

Lester C.
09-25-2010, 04:56 AM
The time displacement did throw me off a bit, which I didn't like. I was like are they going to free Ryloth again? Never mind the Yoda meeting hadn't happend yet.

Jar Jar... I really find him greatly annoying to a point of losing enjoyment of an episode.

I liked Jar Jar Binks. What I didn't like was the fact that the actors was how off the reactions were off on the real actors due to Binks' presence.

Thequeerjock
09-25-2010, 05:18 AM
Les, did you ever play Force Unleashed. There's a great Jar Jar easter egg which details his fate after the prequels.

Lester C.
09-25-2010, 05:36 AM
Les, did you ever play Force Unleashed. There's a great Jar Jar easter egg which details his fate after the prequels.

I have the game but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Thequeerjock
09-25-2010, 05:41 AM
There's a level where you break into the trophy room of a high ranking Imperial officer. He has all these things like stuffed Wampas and stuff over the room, and then prominently displayed on one of the walls is Jar Jar frozen in carbonite

Lester C.
09-25-2010, 06:59 AM
There's a level where you break into the trophy room of a high ranking Imperial officer. He has all these things like stuffed Wampas and stuff over the room, and then prominently displayed on one of the walls is Jar Jar frozen in carbonite

I'm not sure I will ever play Force Unleased. Before the game was released I read the Graphic Novel, The Novel and the audio book. I feel like I played the game three times already.

Grey Warden
09-25-2010, 07:53 AM
I liked Jar Jar Binks. What I didn't like was the fact that the actors was how off the reactions were off on the real actors due to Binks' presence.

In the prequels the CGI was too much. You can only go so far with pretend.

As far as Jar Jar goes the character is far too annoying and relies on coincidence and buffoonery every time he appears.

My thought is he's supposed to be comic relief, BUT he's more annoying to me.

Slewo.O
09-25-2010, 08:01 AM

I think that's a reference to robot chicken star wars. :lol:

Thequeerjock
09-26-2010, 10:47 AM

As far as Jar Jar goes the character is far too annoying and relies on coincidence and buffoonery every time he appears.

Even in the old films, there were some pretty funny scenes. Jar Jar's problem was, as you say, that it was too much. An occasional joke to lighten up a dark situation is fine. But when everything out of your mouth is a juvenile joke, it gets old.

Lester C.
09-26-2010, 11:14 AM

Maybe the character was meant to comment on the American Political system as he does, through a CGI retcon, become a Senator representing Naboo. In any event Jar Jar is the most evil bastard ever as his swing vote lead to the destruction of the Jedi Order and New Republic which isn't to be confused with the Old Republic or the New New Republic, or the Galatic Aliance or whatever they are calling themselves right now.

Grey Warden
09-26-2010, 01:51 PM
Even in the old films, there were some pretty funny scenes. Jar Jar's problem was, as you say, that it was too much. An occasional joke to lighten up a dark situation is fine. But when everything out of your mouth is a juvenile joke, it gets old.

What makes it worse is Jedi have to have extreme focus to accomplish their goals yet Jar Jar out does them every time with his antics.

Maybe the character was meant to comment on the American Political system as he does, through a CGI retcon, become a Senator representing Naboo. In any event Jar Jar is the most evil bastard ever as his swing vote lead to the destruction of the Jedi Order and New Republic which isn't to be confused with the Old Republic or the New New Republic, or the Galatic Aliance or whatever they are calling themselves right now.

It's so easy to make Jar Jar the villain. His buffoonery works all the time EXCEPT when Palpatine needs a tool. If Jar Jar is going to be true to character the mind tricks should nave not worked on him.