PDA

View Full Version : Thank you, David!

jason hissong
08-24-2010, 10:38 AM
One of the highlights of this past weekend's Wizard World Chicago Comic Convention was stopping by David Mack's table. My friend Andy, a first timer, went with me. He had read The Alchemy and was mesmerized. So I took him to David's Table where he purchased Metamorphosis.

David was, as always, was gracious and a joy to talk to. It's never intimidating talking to him. He remembered me right away, and that stunned Andy and blows me away when I think about it.

David even made me an awesome Snapdragon sketch:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c88/jhiss/IMAG0243.jpg

Thanks so much, David. It was great to see you again.

Foggy's Pal
08-24-2010, 12:30 PM
Jason, I think I was right beside when you were at his table. Saturday, fairly early, right?

jason hissong
08-24-2010, 01:20 PM
Jason, I think I was right beside when you were at his table. Saturday, fairly early, right?

Yes. I was wearing a black t shirt.

Foggy's Pal
08-24-2010, 04:19 PM
So close. If we had only known.

Slewo.O
08-24-2010, 04:52 PM
David is the bee's fucking knees. That is all.

redskullrudd
08-24-2010, 04:56 PM
thats an awesome snapdragon. nuff said!

Slewo.O
08-24-2010, 05:01 PM
Here's what I got.

dasNdanger
08-24-2010, 05:31 PM
David is just about the nicest guy at the cons, and he's cute, too! :D (I have to put in a good word for Bryan Glass, too...he's a hoot!)

das

jugglersdespair
08-24-2010, 07:12 PM
David was, as always, was gracious and a joy to talk to. It's never intimidating talking to him.

I'll second these sentiments. Last weekend was the first time I've had the pleasure of meeting David and I definitely came away impressed. You were so very accessible and open when I can imagine you didn't necessarily have to be. Although I haven't started to dig into my copy of "The Alchemy" yet the two issues of "reflections" you included (free of charge I might add) came in really handy during my flight's mechanical problems Sunday morning. I was impressed before and even more so after reading through them. Thank you!

jason hissong
08-24-2010, 07:32 PM
Yes. David is a class act all the way around.