PDA

View Full Version : Previously at the supersecret Marvel publishing retreat

BENDIS!
08-24-2010, 03:04 AM
Lack of communication yesterday was due to word from marvel that there is a strict no texting and tweeting rule from the premises... as what is being discussed is so sensitive to the future pop culture that even a hint of what is being discussed could severely alter the future of all of entertainment.

( wow, I really have got my Stan Lee on today :-))

also I fell asleep in the middle of the afternoon and didn't wake up till dinner time. so I didn't have a lot of time yesterday :-)

I can tell you this…

the superpowered nanny for Luke Cage and Jessica Jones' baby was voted on and unanimously decided by the entire Marvel editorial team and the attending creators. their first appearance will be in new avengers number seven.

a sudden and surprising shift in the avengers roster lineup was discussed and mostly settled on. when an opening is available on one of the teams it's always interesting which characters certain editors make a pitch for.

next year I will be working with one of the greatest artists in the world at a brand-new series starring a character I have barely touched. my ground level interpretation of the character was met with surprising support. it's rare that creators as diverse as Jonathan Hickman, Jepf Loeb, and Dan slott all feel good about the same idea :-) so that was a big win.

all the rest are other creators ideas and projects that I am sworn to secrecy about and cannot discuss here or anywhere else.

but I can tell you the future looks bright for nerds of all shapes and sizes. well, except for the ones that are never happy about anything. I can't help you there :-)

more importantly, I had my first shake shack yesterday. it did not disappoint. them very upset that the NYU Chick-fil-A is closed for the summer. if I haven't already agreed to do NYCC, I would have now.

Kim's video I will see you tonight

Greygor
08-24-2010, 03:13 AM
also I fell asleep in the middle of the afternoon and didn't wake up till dinner time. so I didn't have a lot of time yesterday :-)

I did exactly the same thing, but that was because I was ill not still digesting my Birthday Feast :)

next year I will be working with one of the greatest artists in the world at a brand-new series starring a character I have barely touched. my ground level interpretation of the character was met with surprising support. it's rare that creators as diverse as Jonathan Hickman, Jepf Loeb, and Dan slott all feel good about the same idea so that was a big win.

It could only be one artist and this means your finally bring him into the Marvel universe

http://www.rubbersuitstudios.com/images/ki2.jpg

Andreas
08-24-2010, 03:28 AM

next year I will be working with one of the greatest artists in the world at a brand-new series starring a character I have barely touched.

Don't you love it when he speaks of himself in the third person? :)

cPol
08-24-2010, 03:34 AM
all the rest are other creators ideas and projects that I am sworn to secrecy about and cannot discuss here or anywhere else.

The Barkerverse is coming back, isn't it?

dasNdanger
08-24-2010, 04:40 AM
Any hope of seeing that Zak-Del (Wraith) character again? Doubt it, since I think I'm his only fan.

Looking forward to upcoming events, just as long as you don't kill off anyone I like. :)

das

SgtPepper
08-24-2010, 04:47 AM
I'm crossing my fingers and hoping the nanny turns out to be Hulk Hogan.

edwardmblake
08-24-2010, 05:05 AM
Was the future of Marvelman discussed?

VenomMelendez
08-24-2010, 05:42 AM
Was the future of Marvelman discussed?

I'm thinking this is one of the things he can't comment on yet.

ValeriaK
08-24-2010, 05:53 AM
next year I will be working with one of the greatest artists in the world at a brand-new series starring a character I have barely touched. my ground level interpretation of the character was met with surprising support. it's rare that creators as diverse as Jonathan Hickman, Jepf Loeb, and Dan slott all feel good about the same idea so that was a big win.

but I can tell you the future looks bright for nerds of all shapes and sizes

Squirrel Girl ongoing????

Foolish Mortal
08-24-2010, 05:55 AM
next year I will be working with one of the greatest artists in the world at a brand-new series starring a character I have barely touched. my ground level interpretation of the character was met with surprising support. it's rare that creators as diverse as Jonathan Hickman, Jepf Loeb, and Dan slott all feel good about the same idea :-) so that was a big win.
The Hulk? Pym? Black Panther? Ka-Zar? Dr. Voodoo? A Cosmic character? :Ponder:

DaveCummings
08-24-2010, 05:59 AM
next year I will be working with one of the greatest artists in the world at a brand-new series starring a character I have barely touched.

You and Steve Skroce are working on an X-Man relaunch?

Greygor
08-24-2010, 06:12 AM
Squirrel Girl ongoing????

She's the Nanny

Doug
08-24-2010, 06:53 AM

Bendis/McNiven Hulk 2011!

leafinsectman
08-24-2010, 06:55 AM
Bendis/Liefeld Cable Rebirth!! Yeah boi!!

Cth
08-24-2010, 07:01 AM
Ugh.. please, no Squirrel Girl.

New Red Hulk mini for maximum nerd rage?

WhindamPryce
08-24-2010, 07:03 AM
I bet the nanny is Night Nurse.

Firstly, saying "Nanny Night Nurse" sounds hilarious.

Secondly, ya gotta put those jugs to good use somehow. :lol:

UltimateFactor
08-24-2010, 07:04 AM
Any hope of seeing that Zak-Del (Wraith) character again? Doubt it, since I think I'm his only fan.

Looking forward to upcoming events, just as long as you don't kill off anyone I like. :)

das

Your not, I think he's freakin' Awesome too.

Heroic Age Moe
08-24-2010, 07:13 AM
Awesome!

Bedlam66
08-24-2010, 07:24 AM
Ugh.. please, no Squirrel Girl.

New Red Hulk mini for maximum nerd rage?
Screw you man. Squirrel Girl RULES!!!

Spidey616
08-24-2010, 08:25 AM
Looking forward to NA #7!

dasNdanger
08-24-2010, 08:45 AM
Your not, I think he's freakin' Awesome too.

We should start a fan club! :D

das

capntightpants
08-24-2010, 09:09 AM
a character I have barely touched.

That's not what he claims. The court will decide on that.

Patrick King
08-24-2010, 09:12 AM
Bryan Hitch mentioned something on Twitter yesterday about working with Bendis soon... perhaps this is it?

blinkless
08-24-2010, 09:14 AM
That's not what he claims. The court will decide on that.

"But your honor! I barely touched him!" :rofl:

Cth
08-24-2010, 09:14 AM
Bryan Hitch mentioned something on Twitter yesterday about working with Bendis soon... perhaps this is it?

He probably meant ULTIMATE ENEMY: Doom..

EDIT: Then again, Hitch said he's just doing covers, that it's something else.

Marcdachamp
08-24-2010, 09:24 AM
the superpowered nanny for Luke Cage and Jessica Jones' baby was voted on and unanimously decided by the entire Marvel editorial team and the attending creators. their first appearance will be in new avengers number seven.

Marvel Man! :lol:

but I can tell you the future looks bright for nerds of all shapes and sizes. well, except for the ones that are never happy about anything. I can't help you there :-)

more importantly, I had my first shake shack yesterday. it did not disappoint. them very upset that the NYU Chick-fil-A is closed for the summer. if I haven't already agreed to do NYCC, I would have now.

Kim's video I will see you tonight

I'm agreeing with CTH on this: Hulk with McNiven. That would be so awesome. I was just flipping through New Avengers #7 last night. That scene in the guy's basement with all the super villain costumes? Great stuff.

Cth
08-24-2010, 09:32 AM
I'm leaning towards Red Hulk just because he's still fairly new and could be established from the ground up.

Given Bucky and Cap's involvement, and the inevitable poker game where everyone is sitting around the table talking about WWII scene..

Ross's early years have been largely untouched. And with any luck, maybe Glenn Talbot's black op days could be touched upon as well, given his interaction with Winter Soldier.

Besides, McNiven and Cap again (Hulk too if you count Old Man Logan)

BriRedfern
08-24-2010, 09:41 AM
Any chance they give Bendis marvel man?

GrandeMaestro Fünke
08-24-2010, 10:24 AM
The Hulk? Pym? Black Panther? Ka-Zar? Dr. Voodoo? A Cosmic character? :Ponder:

*fingers crossed for Black Panther*

Can't wait to find out who the super nanny is. I'm going to guess either Firestar or Lockjaw.

Ryudo
08-24-2010, 10:49 AM
It's Nova.

The_Bearded_One
08-24-2010, 11:04 AM
Red Hulk is the nanny, and Angar The Screamer is the new series.

Seriously though, I'm crossing my fingers for Black Panther as well. As in T'challa. Joe has been saying for ages that they want to turn him into an A-lister, but I haven't felt that the creative teams on the book reflected that wish. No disrespect to them, but it takes a visionary like Bendis to make that happen. Aja should draw it.

Ka-Zar would be badass too, though.

The Funketeer
08-24-2010, 02:37 PM
I'm hoping for Agatha Harkness as the nanny. She did such a great job with Vision and Scarlet Witch's "kids."

iGotKittyPryde
08-24-2010, 03:05 PM
Black Panther seems like a good guess. Hulk too. McNiven seems a pretty obvious choice but it could be something more left field.

Dream
08-24-2010, 03:56 PM
Silver Surfer with Bryan Hitch. Marvel seems to be in the midst of a complete overhaul of their cosmic line.

The Cable Guy
08-24-2010, 04:12 PM
Hank Pym!

Not only does he slap women, he slaps babies too!

NickT
08-24-2010, 04:37 PM
a sudden and surprising shift in the avengers roster lineup was discussed and mostly settled on. when an opening is available on one of the teams it's always interesting which characters certain editors make a pitch for.This makes me want to pull a worried face.

*worried face*

I'm just kindof hoping that that group that was around the NA table near the end of issue 1 (Except Hawkeye since he isn't on the team it seems) will get a bit of a run together.

bartleby
08-24-2010, 04:41 PM
a sudden and surprising shift in the avengers roster lineup was discussed and mostly settled on. when an opening is available on one of the teams it's always interesting which characters certain editors make a pitch for.

This makes me want to pull a worried face.

*worried face*

I'm just kindof hoping that that group that was around the NA table near the end of issue 1 (Except Hawkeye since he isn't on the team it seems) will get a bit of a run together.

I'm hoping they'll solve some of the overlap issues between the two teams.

Ryudo
08-24-2010, 05:05 PM
No, no, wait; it's Moondragon.

Bald lesbians that suddenly speak Yiddish.

(:D)

dankiely
08-24-2010, 05:27 PM
zardoz?

Ebonstone
08-24-2010, 05:27 PM
I'm hoping for Agatha Harkness as the nanny. She did such a great job with Vision and Scarlet Witch's "kids."

Um....she's been dead...Scarlet-Witch-killed-her Dead.

'Diassembled' you might say.

Foolish Mortal
08-24-2010, 05:43 PM

Wanda didn't kill Agatha. She was killed by the 'Salem's Seven' in the Vision/Scarlet Witch miniseries.

She popped in West Coast Avengers alive and well, but without explanation.

In Disassembled, it was revealed that it was Wanda who had brought her back to life, but when she went cuckoo, the power that was sustaining Agatha stopped working and she turned back to a pile of bones.

The Funketeer
08-24-2010, 05:49 PM

You mean like how she killed Hawkeye?

Ebonstone
08-24-2010, 06:06 PM
Wanda didn't kill Agatha. She was killed by the 'Salem's Seven' in the Vision/Scarlet Witch miniseries.

She popped in West Coast Avengers alive and well, but without explanation.

In Disassembled, it was revealed that it was Wanda who had brought her back to life, but when she went cuckoo, the power that was sustaining Agatha stopped working and she turned back to a pile of bones.

This, I did not know. That is so cool :cool:

hamgravy
08-24-2010, 06:17 PM
I bet the nanny is Night Nurse.

Firstly, saying "Nanny Night Nurse" sounds hilarious.

Secondly, ya gotta put those jugs to good use somehow. :lol:

Night Nanny Mammies.

Bedlam66
08-24-2010, 06:25 PM

Don't you know that nobody stays Dead. (except Uncle Ben) ( He's being reserected in 2012 though)

The Robot Lord of Tokyo
08-24-2010, 06:28 PM
Deena Pilgrim crosses over to the 616 and becomes the Cage's nanny.
No villain can overcome the power of her swearing.

Tom Foolery
08-24-2010, 06:47 PM
A new Thing series was the first thing that popped into my head. (pun intended)

BENDIS!
08-24-2010, 09:11 PM
My uncle Ben Marvel knights miniseries was green lit today. it takes place right after his resurrection and Dan slott's amazing Spider-man book.

MayorMitch100
08-24-2010, 09:14 PM
My uncle Ben Marvel knights miniseries was green lit today. it takes place right after his resurrection and Dan slott's amazing Spider-man book.

Finally!!! I've been dreaming of this mini for ages!!

dougmac
08-24-2010, 09:18 PM
Finally!!! I've been dreaming of this mini for ages!!

dont get too excited, it's really a sequel to Millar's Trouble

antistar
08-24-2010, 11:40 PM
Wait, what?