PDA

View Full Version : DREAM LOGIC #2 in stores this week!

MACK!
08-23-2010, 03:50 PM
Got my copies from Marvel today!
I hope you like.

I'll bring some to Baltimore this weekend.

BriRedfern
08-25-2010, 01:24 PM
My store was shorted this issue, and by shorted I mean the copies that were oon their Diamond invoice did not arrive.

I am just hearing about this series, what can you tell me about it?

I finally picked up my Alchemy hardcover today. Can't wait to reread the series and see how it ends, I never read the last issue!

Ab4dd0n
08-26-2010, 12:46 PM
I was ready to drive down to a larger store about 20 minutes away, since my local shop did not get in the first issue, but amazingly they had my copy pulled.
They also had two more copies on the shelf. Hopefully other people enjoy them as much as I do.

Andreas
09-17-2010, 08:35 AM
It's just a thought, but I hear about people who dropped it because it had the same price as the former prestige format sketchbook. To pay $5.99 for a prestige format book is ok for them, but for a stapled comic book they expect a price that is lower.

Note that I personally don't care if it's one format or the other, for me it's about the content. But it may be a thought to consider in case it affects sales. I can't say for sure if it does.

Also, I wonder if there will be more stories in the Kabuki universe in the next time. They do not necessarily have to follow the main characters' spiritual growth, but I think it could be interesting to see how some of the ideas and changes you introduced do affect other characters in the universe, perhaps regular people, you know, to look at some of the same themes and ideas from a different perspective, through different eyes.

Andreas

MACK!
09-18-2010, 09:44 AM
It's just a thought, but I hear about people who dropped it because it had the same price as the former prestige format sketchbook. To pay $5.99 for a prestige format book is ok for them, but for a stapled comic book they expect a price that is lower.

Note that I personally don't care if it's one format or the other, for me it's about the content. But it may be a thought to consider in case it affects sales. I can't say for sure if it does.

Also, I wonder if there will be more stories in the Kabuki universe in the next time. They do not necessarily have to follow the main characters' spiritual growth, but I think it could be interesting to see how some of the ideas and changes you introduced do affect other characters in the universe, perhaps regular people, you know, to look at some of the same themes and ideas from a different perspective, through different eyes.

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for your thoughts on both things.
Yeah, with the Dream Logic, I was advised to go with the regular cover stock instead of the cardstock to still make the book without costs being prohibitive. Still a 48 page book, and DL has the stories in the front.
But Marvel production noted that I had kept it at that price with a cardstock cover for about 6 years but paper costs, etc are more restrictive now, so that little change in cover stock would make it so I could still put out the books without them being too expensive to make.

Glad you are interested in the ripple effects of the Kabuki world.
I do have outlines to other stories of the Noh characters. Will be great to do a Tigerlily story, and see how Akemi, Scarab, and all have affected where she is now. Also I have an interesting take/POV for this tigerlily story planned, chronicling her work as a comic book artist in her parallel life :)

And looking forward to a Siamese story! And the rest.
Thanks for continuing to read.

BriRedfern
09-18-2010, 10:49 AM
Great news about the Noh crew. Glad to hear it.

redskullrudd
09-18-2010, 03:30 PM
man I sure hope that Tigerlily story sees the light of day.....that'd be incredible.

Andreas
09-22-2010, 03:20 PM
If you follow the ongoing discussion on comic book pricing, it's probably the best decision to go with the lower cover price instead of a cardstock cover. And it's good news to hear that there will be a new series that will explore some of the ripple effects, tough I assume this is something in the back of your mind that fuels all your writing and is not limited to Kabuki.

I also liked what you did with the PKD story, the way you expanded it and yet stayed true to it. There have been great adaptations for the screen and your "Electric Ant" is on par with the best of them.

Andreas