PDA

View Full Version : [spoilers] ULTIMATE MYSTERY #2 is in stores now!

Simps
08-19-2010, 09:49 AM
http://i.newsarama.com/images/ucmys002_dc11_lr_0001.jpg

Preview at Newsarama (http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia/album.php?aid=37547).

Mike_Johnson
08-19-2010, 10:14 AM
Sweet.

Maniac
08-19-2010, 11:12 AM
Hm.

Why is this "new" character, Julia Carpenter called 'Jessica' on page 3?

Dream
08-19-2010, 11:17 AM
Ultimate Julia Carpenter?

Dream
08-19-2010, 11:18 AM
Hm.

I think Bendis made a mistake again. Like how he called the Utimates mansion Avengers mansion a couple of issues ago. Whoever edits those books really sucks at their jobs.

SighClops
08-19-2010, 11:18 AM
Hm.

Wizard did it.

Or since Roxxon is now apparently involved with the Clone Saga, maybe he actually knows who she is and slipped up.

But most likely... a wizard did it.

Either way, that preview looks sweet.

Raphael J
08-19-2010, 02:19 PM
I think Bendis made a mistake again. Like how he called the Utimates mansion Avengers mansion a couple of issues ago. Whoever edits those books really sucks at their jobs.

...or, the character is using an alias in an attempt to further infiltrate a shadowy organization? I mean, that does happen.

Ray G.
08-19-2010, 06:19 PM
Very interesting. Nice twist there, if it's what I think it is.

SighClops
08-19-2010, 07:04 PM
...or, the character is using an alias in an attempt to further infiltrate a shadowy organization? I mean, that does happen.

Dream's point is that she introduces herself as Julia, but he refers to her as Jessica. Yes, she's using an alias, but he calls her by her real name.

At worst, it's a minor flub, no worse than Ronin and Hawkeye appearing in NA #1 together. Just pretend it didn't happen.

Dream
08-19-2010, 07:17 PM

No, it sure looks like a mistake.

Dream's point is that she introduces herself as Julia, but he refers to her as Jessica. Yes, she's using an alias, but he calls her by her real name.

At worst, it's a minor flub, no worse than Ronin and Hawkeye appearing in NA #1 together. Just pretend it didn't happen.

Still annoying though....

Maniac
08-20-2010, 02:02 AM
Very annoying indeed... I really hate these editorial mistakes.

SighClops
08-20-2010, 05:14 AM
Still annoying though....

Yeah, but mistakes like this have always and will always happen, not only in comics but all kinds of fiction. You'd be a lot happier if you just let them go.

Dream
08-20-2010, 09:10 AM
Yeah, but mistakes like this have always and will always happen, not only in comics but all kinds of fiction. You'd be a lot happier if you just let them go.

Yeah, it's not enough to keep me from enjoying the book. I just wish whoever was editing was doing their job though.

totalsellout
08-27-2010, 05:16 PM
wow. not the discussion that this comic warranted. i caught the flub, too. and was totaly past it two panels later.

anyways, this is turning into a great book. i'm loving whats going on with ben grimm right now, that last page was killer and i'm looking forward to next issue a lot to see what benjy can do now. i liked the peter/jessica conversation as always, and i wonder if we are going to get any background on why jessica was given drew as a last name. the new ff dynamic without reed is interesting, with sue taking place as the brains of the outfit. loved carol's annoyance at her love interest. oh, and the art on this continues to kick all kinds of ass.

RoaP
08-27-2010, 11:13 PM
I have to admit, sadly, that it also affected my enjoyment of the book. I can't even tell you why it did, but it did. :dunno:

totalsellout
08-28-2010, 04:18 AM
you know, on rereading, i think he knows it's jessica.

Maniac
09-08-2010, 01:07 PM
I don't understand this book at all...

Why is Johnny blond when this story takes place AFTER his hair was dyed? It has to take place after that because we already have Nova here.

And how come Jessica, who has the body of a 16-year-old girl, got a job so easily at Roxxon? She looks like a teenager and everyone believed she was an adult doctor?

And I don't even want to mention that Jessica-Julia mistake again with the names...

Ray G.
09-08-2010, 01:45 PM
I don't understand this book at all...

Why is Johnny blond when this story takes place AFTER his hair was dyed? It has to take place after that because we already have Nova here.

And how come Jessica, who has the body of a 16-year-old girl, got a job so easily at Roxxon? She looks like a teenager and everyone believed she was an adult doctor?

And I don't even want to mention that Jessica-Julia mistake again with the names...

She was undercover as a graduate of the Baxter Building. And a 16-year-old supergenius with a doctorate isn't unusual for those graduates.

Maniac
09-09-2010, 01:10 AM
Yeah, I get that, but still...

She got in WAY too easy. I really hope that's because that guy knows her.

SighClops
09-09-2010, 06:48 AM
Yeah, I get that, but still...

She got in WAY too easy. I really hope that's because that guy knows her.

The guy says himself that A. They're hurting for people and B. It's nearly impossible to check references, both of which are on account of Ultimatum. Throw in the fact that Jessica has a genius-level intellect to back up her claims, and it's not really that unbelievable of a scenario.

As for Johnny and Peter's hair being inconsistent... artistic error, plain and simple. Not really too big of a deal.