PDA

View Full Version : a testament to Amanda Conner's awesome (the amazing PG toilet seat)

Cassandra
08-18-2010, 04:28 PM
Someone just shared this on Tumblr and it's so amazing I had to share it here. This photo was taken in the bathroom of Isotope Comics in San Fran.

http://i34.tinypic.com/2j43lvm.jpg

No words can describe how awesome this is. Is it wrong that I want Amanda Conner to draw on my toilet seat now...? (I wonder how offended she'll get if I take one to a Con for her to draw on.) :lol:

Superior Kiai
08-18-2010, 04:29 PM
I want that toilet seat.

I want that toilet seat.

Thequeerjock
08-18-2010, 04:31 PM
That looks HYSTERICAL.

Can anyone make out what the bottom word balloon says?

Cassandra
08-18-2010, 04:36 PM
It says 'and yes... I AM going to add snaps in this damn outfit.' Something tells me it may be difficult to get out of in a hurry.

ayhe
08-18-2010, 04:37 PM
I want that toilet seat.

I want that toilet seat.

Amen!:D

Personamanx
08-18-2010, 04:38 PM
Heh, Lovely.

ceebee_eebee
08-18-2010, 04:47 PM
I'm actually going to be in SF next week and now I know EXACTLY where I'm gonna be next wednesday. EEEEE! So awesome.

Teal_Lantern
08-18-2010, 04:49 PM
I am so bringing my toilet seat when ever I go to a con.

Patrick Gerard
08-18-2010, 04:49 PM
Nothing to say except I wish message boards had a "like" button like facebook.

shrike
08-18-2010, 04:50 PM
It is indeed true. Everyone poops.

Ravenwing263
08-18-2010, 05:01 PM
Damnit, I've always wanted to go to Isotope, and I completely forgot about it when I was actually in San Fransisco two weeks ago!

Superior Kiai
08-18-2010, 05:12 PM
The thing I adore the most about that drawing is Amanda and PG both acknowledging how fucking hard that costume is to get in and out of.

Looking at her, pretty much naked, all of her costume down to her ankles, her gloves, cape and belt hanging around... It's just hysterical.

AndrewCrossett
08-18-2010, 07:24 PM
Looking at her, pretty much naked, all of her costume down to her ankles, her gloves, cape and belt hanging around... It's just hysterical.

Er... yeah, that's it. That was the word I was going to use. "Hysterical." :scared:

Spiffy
08-18-2010, 07:29 PM
Except when a Kryptonian poops... it shoots through the crust of the Earth, then through the mantle, the core, then back out the other side of the planet... :scared:

But yeah. Amanda Conner can do no wrong as far as I'm concerned. Ever.

pseudicide
08-18-2010, 08:14 PM
That is pretty awesome. Ceebee sent it to me this morning and I almost snorted coffee out my nose.

CapnChaos
08-18-2010, 08:25 PM
I think it's great that this is going to be a thing. Because I'm going to bring one to her, too.

RoaP
08-18-2010, 08:32 PM
So awwwwwesome.

DarkKnightJared
08-18-2010, 08:33 PM
Heheheheheh. Classy. :lol:

Except when a Kryptonian poops... it shoots through the crust of the Earth, then through the mantle, the core, then back out the other side of the planet... :scared:

So if Clark's...erm...equipment is called a Kryptonite shot-gun, would that make this a Kryptonite Oil Drill?

But yeah. Amanda Conner can do no wrong as far as I'm concerned. Ever.

Yes--at this point I'll pretty much buy anything with her name on it.

BClayMoore
08-18-2010, 08:38 PM
James Sime has the collection up on Flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/isotope/sets/789737/

I was a little...under the weather when I did mine. Someday I'll ship him one that I'll do sober.

-Clay

Chris Hansbrough
08-18-2010, 09:02 PM
James Sime has the collection up on Flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/isotope/sets/789737/

I was a little...under the weather when I did mine. Someday I'll ship him one that I'll do sober.

-Clay

yeah one of the definite highlights is the wall of toilet seat covers. some amazing stuff up there.

I also love Storm....because he's ridiculously adorable. So storm and toilet seats, the best reasons to go to Isotope....

If you meet him you will know what I mean. One of my favorite people in comics.

capntightpants
08-18-2010, 09:54 PM
yeah one of the definite highlights is the wall of toilet seat covers. some amazing stuff up there.

I also love Storm....because he's ridiculously adorable. So storm and toilet seats, the best reasons to go to Isotope....

If you meet him you will know what I mean. One of my favorite people in comics.

And he does Tarot readings with X-Men cards!

LtMarvel
08-18-2010, 10:13 PM
It is indeed true. Everyone poops.And a Kryptonian effort could be difficult on the plumbing! (Think woman of steel, plumbing of plastic).

Cam63
08-18-2010, 11:13 PM

Except really uptight people.

Spiffy
08-18-2010, 11:57 PM
Is Amanda the only one who actually had the guts to make her toilet seat ABOUT using a toilet?

Cam63
08-19-2010, 01:23 AM
Some feature what they do with some of their work.

FemGeek
08-19-2010, 02:47 AM
LOL. Amanda is so great.

J. Wilson
08-19-2010, 03:18 AM
That is just freaking hilarious!

suedenim
08-19-2010, 10:46 AM
The thing I adore the most about that drawing is Amanda and PG both acknowledging how fucking hard that costume is to get in and out of.

This is one of my favorite little things about Amanda's Power Girl - she treats Power Girl's outfit as if it was real clothing. This is actually extremely uncommon. Usually writers and artists follow this convention of "Let's pretend Clark Kent is wearing a Superman outfit including the cape and boots under his regular clothes, and this is in no way noticeable." Oh, occasionally there might be some handwave explanation given about super-compression or unstable molecules or somesuch, but by and large it's not something anyone wants to draw attention to. Occasionally it gets taken to really absurd levels, like Steve Rogers not only wearing scale armor under clothes, but carrying his shield on his back too!

I thought it was really neat that Power Girl does wear her outfit underneath regular clothes - but in a way that makes sense, and without "cheating" much! Karen wears these outfits that pretty much cover everything (and the high collar is accounted for too, hence her affinity for scarves.) Even the boots - she ordinarily wears her Power Girl boots as Karen, but sometimes with coverings of some sort. And despite being all covered up, she still manages to look cool, stylish, and sexy!

pseudicide
08-19-2010, 04:50 PM
I'm on my phone so can't link, but amanda just put a bunch of her powergirl pages up for sale. There's a link on Jimmy's twitter which is jpalmiotti