PDA

View Full Version : You know it's time to turn off the tv when...

dasNdanger
08-15-2010, 08:07 PM
You find yourself watching Eastenders...AND you're enjoying it. :p

*click*

Anyone else suddenly realize that they only have the tv on for the sake of having the tv on, just watching crap and wasting time because it's the easiest thing to do?

das

Howlett
08-15-2010, 08:09 PM
I have been subjected to this experience. Usually when I'm too sick to move, and can't find the remote.

Eastenders though? Good god... you have my sympathies!

leafinsectman
08-15-2010, 08:12 PM
I thought it was another Wile E. Coyote incident :scared: What have you done to me?

dasNdanger
08-15-2010, 08:13 PM
I have been subjected to this experience. Usually when I'm too sick to move, and can't find the remote.

Eastenders though? Good god... you have my sympathies!

between you and me, I used to watch it years ago...it was oddly addictive in a self-torturing sort of way. Maybe I was mesmerized by how incredibly whiny and aggitated Brits 'really' are. ;)

das

dasNdanger
08-15-2010, 08:15 PM
I thought it was another Wile E. Coyote incident :scared: What have you done to me?

I'm halfway tempted to take a picture of my husband's chest and stomach...he got a sunburn yesterday while sitting outside, but because he was sitting and his skin creased, he has these white 'tiger' stripes across his red gut, and this big white circle around his bellybutton. It's hilarious! (Well, hilarious to me. :p )

das

Howlett
08-15-2010, 08:16 PM
between you and me, I used to watch it years ago...it was oddly addictive in a self-torturing sort of way. Maybe I was mesmerized by how incredibly whiny and aggitated Brits 'really' are. ;)

das

My mother and my ex used to watch it a ton too, so I got subjected to it quite often.

I actually preferred getting punched in the face to watching those bloody soaps :lol:

dasNdanger
08-15-2010, 08:17 PM
My mother and my ex used to watch it a ton too, so I got subjected to it quite often.

I actually preferred getting punched in the face to watching those bloody soaps :lol:

I can't stand soaps, or nighttime dramas, but for some reason I never saw Eastenders as either...to me it was more like bad dark comedy. :)

das

CapnChaos
08-15-2010, 08:19 PM
That's why I buy things on DVD or watch 'em on hulu/Netflix. I figure life it too short to sit around surfing to watch crap. Might as well make sure I'm watching something decent.

Howlett
08-15-2010, 08:19 PM
I can't stand soaps, or nighttime dramas, but for some reason I never saw Eastenders as either...to me it was more like bad dark comedy. :)

das

True. Some of the shit they came out with in that show was utterly fucking hilarious.

Personally, the only thing I liked about it were the funny moments Doctor Who got because of it :)

dasNdanger
08-15-2010, 08:23 PM
True. Some of the shit they came out with in that show was utterly fucking hilarious.

Personally, the only thing I liked about it were the funny moments Doctor Who got because of it :)

:lol:

For a while there, the show had me convinced that everyone in Britain was a picklepuss.

das

Howlett
08-15-2010, 08:26 PM
:lol:

For a while there, the show had me convinced that everyone in Britain was a picklepuss.

das

It had me convinced that everyone was secretly adopted, pregnant by and related to everyone they ever met.

leafinsectman
08-15-2010, 08:29 PM
I'm halfway tempted to take a picture of my husband's chest and stomach...he got a sunburn yesterday while sitting outside, but because he was sitting and his skin creased, he has these white 'tiger' stripes across his red gut, and this big white circle around his bellybutton. It's hilarious! (Well, hilarious to me. :p )

das

Oooh! Now he can be a super villain :p

dasNdanger
08-15-2010, 08:41 PM
It had me convinced that everyone was secretly adopted, pregnant by and related to everyone they ever met.

No. That's Ireland. ;)

Oooh! Now he can be a super villain :p

Yeah, we can call him Two Tone. :p

das

Masculine Todd
08-15-2010, 08:44 PM

Yeah, when I find myself enjoying a television show, I too think to myself "this enjoyment is a sign that I should turn off the t.v."

Howlett
08-15-2010, 08:48 PM
No. That's Ireland. ;)

No, according to tv we're all drunks, and members of the I.R.A. :p

dasNdanger
08-15-2010, 08:50 PM
Yeah, when I find myself enjoying a television show, I too think to myself "this enjoyment is a sign that I should turn off the t.v."

Obviously, you've never seen Eastenders.

das

dasNdanger
08-15-2010, 08:52 PM
No, according to tv we're all drunks, and members of the I.R.A. :p

But you guys sure can DANCE! :D

das

JimboX
08-15-2010, 08:59 PM

*click*

Anyone else suddenly realize that they only have the tv on for the sake of having the tv on, just watching crap and wasting time because it's the easiest thing to do?

das

I feel the same way about this board sometimes.

dasNdanger
08-15-2010, 09:08 PM
I feel the same way about this board sometimes.

Yeah, me, too. And yet, here I sit, and type... :p

das

ever_seeking
08-15-2010, 09:16 PM
I've been watching Coronation Street for months.

And who would Two Tone fight...and what would his powers be?

dasNdanger
08-15-2010, 09:25 PM
I've been watching Coronation Street for months.

I've never seen it - I don't think it has ever aired here in the States.

And who would Two Tone fight...and what would his powers be?

Two Tone would fight SPFMan with his weapon of choice, the Baby Oil Super Soaker.

das

ever_seeking
08-15-2010, 09:27 PM
Too bad we couldn't get a sketch of that.

Damn, wish I could sketch for reasons like this.

dasNdanger
08-15-2010, 09:32 PM
Too bad we couldn't get a sketch of that.

Damn, wish I could sketch for reasons like this.

Hubby...I mean, Two Tone, looks a lot like Shawn from Psych. So, just picture 'Shawn' with a white-striped red belly and white belly button, in underpants, wielding a super soaker and chasing down someone that looks like...oh, I dunno...some ginger guy (because SPFMan has to be a ginger).

das

ever_seeking
08-15-2010, 09:42 PM
Not familiar with Shawn or Psych.

But we need some artist who can sketch such strange ideas in ten minutes.

dasNdanger
08-15-2010, 09:51 PM
Not familiar with Shawn or Psych.

But we need some artist who can sketch such strange ideas in ten minutes.

If only Colin was around...

das