PDA

View Full Version : Pic of the new KABUKI statue that will be on display at San Diego Comicon

MACK!
07-19-2010, 06:46 PM
You need to advance order for it in early August.

http://davidmackguide.com/news/2010/07/19.shtml

redskullrudd
07-20-2010, 02:41 AM
looks incredible - I'm looking forward to seeing some more pics posted from the Con! Really turned out well.
Pop Culture Shock have really thrown out some great statues recently, but it seems they've really thrown down the glove to the industry on their Kabuki take.
Now sign your name here and let's see if we can get Scarab next while the ball is rolling!! Apart from being biased on the subject, I couldn't imagine anything cooler than seeing scarab get the premium format treatment...she's got a lot that work well for her visually as a character.
oops...apologies for thread hijacking. back to kabuki! roll on August pre-order!

MACK!
07-21-2010, 04:03 PM
looks incredible - I'm looking forward to seeing some more pics posted from the Con! Really turned out well.
Pop Culture Shock have really thrown out some great statues recently, but it seems they've really thrown down the glove to the industry on their Kabuki take.
Now sign your name here and let's see if we can get Scarab next while the ball is rolling!! Apart from being biased on the subject, I couldn't imagine anything cooler than seeing scarab get the premium format treatment...she's got a lot that work well for her visually as a character.
oops...apologies for thread hijacking. back to kabuki! roll on August pre-order!

I just saw it in person!
WOW!!!
I saw the actual new Kabuki statue at the Sideshow booth at comicon today... it is stunning! Seams in the costume... the detail... the face... have to take pics...

Jerry was setting it up at the Sideshow booth when I went over.
Had our first real in person meeting.
The statue is really amazing.
Going to take pics of this... wish I had my camera then. It was out of the glass and I could see every detail...

redskullrudd
07-21-2010, 04:14 PM
man David i can't wait for those pictures!!! I've been following about 10 threads waiting for someone to post pics lol.
Knew I should have went to comic con this year!
Glad to hear its looking as awesome in person as the sneaks have hinted at!
I asked Jerry if I got 50 people to sign up if he'd make scarab too!
Enjoy the con.

redskullrudd
07-21-2010, 05:03 PM
oh forgot to ask - the face on this sculpt is looking amazing, did you have them use any specific reference art of yours on it or is it all the sculptors own take?

MACK!
07-22-2010, 11:26 PM
http://davidmackguide.com/news/2010/07/22.shtml

Pic here.

Bendis & I took some of our own pics. Will send soon

sambofred
07-27-2010, 08:19 PM
Will this be offered directly through sideshow?

MACK!
07-28-2010, 05:16 PM
Will this be offered directly through sideshow?

I think so. Either that or offered through PopCultureShock.

Probably Redskullrudd knows the exact way it works to order these.

I think they will be offered for order in the next week or two.

redskullrudd
07-28-2010, 06:23 PM
Ok sideshow.com is the way to go if you want to order this for sure. Since pcs only distribute via sideshow and it's the only place to pick up the exclusives. A word of warning though, these usually sell out in minutes (at least the exclusives) so I'd advise if you plan on getting that version to be on sideshows site the moment she's up for pre order. Being that's what I'm planning on doing, and I'm keeping up with the release sneaks I'll try post the details on doing that in advance of the pre order. Word on the forums is kabuki was the surprise hit at sdcc, (duh!!) so I'm expecting if she's got a low edition size it'll sell out real fast.
I'll post more closer to pre order day! Hope some of that info helps? It's a spectacular piece.....I can't wait for the pre order!!

MACK!
07-28-2010, 06:33 PM
Ok sideshow.com is the way to go if you want to order this for sure. Since pcs only distribute via sideshow and it's the only place to pick up the exclusives. A word of warning though, these usually sell out in minutes (at least the exclusives) so I'd advise if you plan on getting that version to be on sideshows site the moment she's up for pre order. Being that's what I'm planning on doing, and I'm keeping up with the release sneaks I'll try post the details on doing that in advance of the pre order. Word on the forums is kabuki was the surprise hit at sdcc, (duh!!) so I'm expecting if she's got a low edition size it'll sell out real fast.
I'll post more closer to pre order day! Hope some of that info helps? It's a spectacular piece.....I can't wait for the pre order!!

Thanks much for this!
Please keep us updated

redskullrudd
07-28-2010, 07:24 PM
no probs - don't want to stress anyone but sideshow's exclusive variants from PCS really go in minutes thats no joke, especially when buzz is so high about such a great sculpt. The regular version should still be available for longer (just based on my experiences of buying from them.) sideshow fans get a little crazy for the exclusives.
You got any news on what the exclusive might be David? I heard it was maybe going to be a change-of-head with the mask on?
Anyhow anyone looking forward to getting this I'd advise getting your sideshow account started now since you need one to order (its just a free sign up thing). Usually what happens is when they new pieces are released the server crashes out so having the account save you valuable time and prevents you missing out if that ex. variant is a must for you.
i get most of this info from statueforum.com, Jerry posts sneaks there frequently so i'll be sure and post on here when more info makes it to that thread!
Its awesome to see so much excitement about this....everyone should love kabuki!

redskullrudd
07-30-2010, 02:24 AM
FYI for anyone who wants to follow the buzz on this statue, get release news etc here's a link for the thread on statueforum.com - (link is to latest comment) its grown to a whopping 41 pages now!
Jerry posts on it often so there's some nice inside info on the creation process. Be sure sound off to help get scarab next lol

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=104409&page=41&highlight=kabuki

redskullrudd
08-10-2010, 07:59 PM
Jerry just posted on statueforum that the potential earliest she'll be up for preorder is Aug 19th....but that could get pushed back, so hopefully we can order in the next couple of weeks! exciting? oh I think so.

redskullrudd
08-19-2010, 05:20 PM
awesome.....she's finally going up for pre-order starting Au. 26th.@ at sideshowtoy.com
guess there will be a full photo preview on the 24th on their site, but order is 26th :) MAGIC!!

MACK!
11-05-2010, 04:40 AM
Links to comic shops taking online orders for the regular version of the statue (and list of prices, International & Domestic)

http://davidmackguide.com/news/2010/11/04.shtml