PDA

View Full Version : [comics] The Authority World's End

auron lupin
07-02-2010, 05:01 PM
Never really cared for the Authority before, but I was tempted to pick up this trade by the back cover. The cover basically said they were one of the worlds greatest superhero team that was supposed to stop threats to the entire world and they screwed up. Penned by the brilliant Dan Abnent and Andy Lanning, they start this story with what's left of the Authority trying to gather survivors in a post apocalyptic London and trying there best to survive in this new landscape.
Once I read this series I fell in love with this new plan for the the Authority and was excited that it also effected all of the Wildstorm universe. The second trade, the Wildcats and Stormwatch are on top my read pile

Kurt Russell Crowe
07-02-2010, 05:18 PM
I dig this run as well, the Midnighter solo title isn't bad either

TheFalcon
07-02-2010, 05:24 PM
I've only read the first two trades with Ellis and Millar stories, but I really liked them and have been thinking of picking up some more Wildstorm stuff like Stormwatch as well. Just never gotten around to it. Maybe this new Authority series can be a good jumping on point...

I was really ready to enter the Wildstorm universe when Morrison joined and got the 2 issues of Authority he did, but then that whole relaunch fell through and I dropped it. I see Giffen's been finishing it based on Morrisons plans. Has this been any good?

UltimateFactor
07-02-2010, 05:35 PM
I've only read the first two trades with Ellis and Millar stories, but I really liked them and have been thinking of picking up some more Wildstorm stuff like Stormwatch as well. Just never gotten around to it. Maybe this new Authority series can be a good jumping on point...

I was really ready to enter the Wildstorm universe when Morrison joined and got the 2 issues of Authority he did, but then that whole relaunch fell through and I dropped it. I see Giffen's been finishing it based on Morrisons plans. Has this been any good?

There's a Storm Watch Trade that is basically the beginnings of the Authority [by Ellis] and it rocks. I forget the name though. Also, pick up Bru's run on Authority. I put it right on up there with Millar's, tied for second behind Ellis'. The stuff between Bru's run and The current stuff is iffy though. I'm liking the current Authority and Wild C.A.T.S, but I hate the current Gen 13.

BriRedfern
07-02-2010, 05:37 PM
The Warren Ellis Storm Watch stuff leading up to The Authority is all excellent.

Bonus points for an Aliens crossover that actually had serious, far reaching reprecussions.

auron lupin
07-02-2010, 05:39 PM
I dig this run as well, the Midnighter solo title isn't bad either

Is the solo series tie-in to this series because that would be awesome. Also how kick ass is Jack Hawksmore in this series. If I was in the wildstorm universe I want to be him

auron lupin
07-02-2010, 05:43 PM

Beyond the Captain Atom crossover I never read The Authority. After reading nothing else I picked up the DnA story and wasn't lost. All you need to know is that they had a ship and it crashed into London after the event

TheFalcon
07-02-2010, 05:51 PM
Beyond the Captain Atom crossover I never read The Authority. After reading nothing else I picked up the DnA story and wasn't lost. All you need to know is that they had a ship and it crashed into London after the event

It sounds interesting. I might just throw that in with my next DCBS order. I see amazon has a second volume called Rule Brittania.
Are these the only trades of this out so far?
How much does the other "World's End" books tie in with the Authority one?

Magnum V.I.
07-02-2010, 05:57 PM
The Warren Ellis Storm Watch stuff leading up to The Authority is all excellent.

Bonus points for an Aliens crossover that actually had serious, far reaching reprecussions.

:sad: I was upset with the outcome of that.

Kurt Russell Crowe
07-02-2010, 06:17 PM
Is the solo series tie-in to this series because that would be awesome. Also how kick ass is Jack Hawksmore in this series. If I was in the wildstorm universe I want to be him

it does indeed tie in

DEEZ
07-02-2010, 06:20 PM
Never really cared for the Authority before, but I was tempted to pick up this trade by the back cover. The cover basically said they were one of the worlds greatest superhero team that was supposed to stop threats to the entire world and they screwed up. Penned by the brilliant Dan Abnent and Andy Lanning, they start this story with what's left of the Authority trying to gather survivors in a post apocalyptic London and trying there best to survive in this new landscape.
Once I read this series I fell in love with this new plan for the the Authority and was excited that it also effected all of the Wildstorm universe. The second trade, the Wildcats and Stormwatch are on top my read pile

Some of Ellis' run on Stormwatch, and Ellis and Millar's run on Authority, can be hard to find - I've got them all in tpb and am trying to sell them. I took them off of Amazon because I'm currently away from my inventory, but give me a holler if you want 'em.

auron lupin
07-03-2010, 08:30 AM
Am I alone in hoping that Bruce Tim picks up this trade and makes it into DC next animated film. The beginning is so perfect with Midnighter gathering a group of survivors and from the distance he hears a noise and see the monsters are coming at him. I want to see this made

The Human Target
07-03-2010, 11:01 AM
I'm kinda bummed about the World's End stuff, but I guess the felt they had to do something.

IPeacock
07-03-2010, 11:29 AM
There's a Storm Watch Trade that is basically the beginnings of the Authority [by Ellis] and it rocks. I forget the name though. Also, pick up Bru's run on Authority. I put it right on up there with Millar's, tied for second behind Ellis'. The stuff between Bru's run and The current stuff is iffy though. I'm liking the current Authority and Wild C.A.T.S, but I hate the current Gen 13.

Bru's run on Authority is so underrated. I was really hoping for an absolute collection.

auron lupin
07-03-2010, 12:27 PM
I'm kinda bummed about the World's End stuff, but I guess the felt they had to do something.

Why are you so bummed about it?