PDA

View Full Version : Kabuki by Uminga

redskullrudd
06-21-2010, 04:50 AM
Got another unexpected kabuki commission (thought I was done for a little while!) over the weekend I thought I'd share - Kabuki by Chris Uminga

http://www.606studios.com/bendisboard/album.php?albumid=89&pictureid=909

Anyone who collects commission pieces is probably aware of Chris Uminga's work - he's got a real unique style kind of turning comic book characters into living dead looking things....anyhow been waiting to get a shot on his list for ages, and he opened up a real small list only to experiment with 5x17 dimension paper - you choose character he puts the rest together as he sees fit.
So fortunately I got on and Chris turned this out over the weekend. Don't have it in hand yet, but its a pretty different looking take on Kabuki!
All markers on 5x17.
thanks for checking it out.

Ab4dd0n
06-21-2010, 05:31 AM
Very nice.

Also like the Seinfeld in the background

redskullrudd
06-21-2010, 05:53 AM
cheers - i thought it turned out kinda cool.
lol yeah Chris did a marathon of these while watching Seinfeld - kabuki and Castanza....what a mix! I guess whatever inspires the artistic mind!

James H
06-21-2010, 06:06 AM
Cool. I looked throught the rest of your album and you have a very awesome collection.

redskullrudd
06-21-2010, 06:23 AM
thanks a lot James, I sure appreciate you taking the time to check them out - I'm trying to gather as many as I can....its just something fun. Trying to make sure I upload them all to share with everyone. I really need to start getting some more of the other agents though...since scarab and tigerlily are my favorites I've concentrated on them pretty heavily. But I'm working on getting Vandrell to do all 8 of the Noh.....its going to take some time though, turning into a big of an epic project lol