PDA

View Full Version : No Hanson?!! WE RIOT!!!!!!

Foolish Mortal
06-16-2010, 06:21 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Music/06/16/drake.hanson.concert/ (http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Music/06/16/drake.hanson.concert/)

New York (CNN) -- A free concert in Manhattan by Canadian rapper Drake and pop trio Hanson was canceled Tuesday evening because of an unruly crowd, police said.

"People were throwing bottles, there was people on roofs throwing chairs. It was chaos," one concertgoer told CNN-affiliate NY1.

One third of Hanson, Zac, talked about the incident on his offical Twitter account: "Had to cancel the free NYC show today because of a crazy audience that was breaking things at the mixing board."

The mayhem erupted before Drake, whose widely anticipated new album hit stores Tuesday, took the stage. "NYPD will not let me go on stage tonight," he tweeted shortly before he was supposed to perform.

A spokeswoman for the NYPD disputed the idea that police called off the concert, telling CNN that the event's promoters made that call.

Paper Magazine, a sponsor of the event along with Ray-Ban, explained via Twitter that "the crowd was much larger than we anticipated."

A promotional poster said organizers were expecting a crowd of 10,000-plus.

Two concertgoers were arrested and some others sustained "minor injuries," the NYPD spokeswoman said.

Ben
06-16-2010, 06:30 AM
Sounds like a Chicken/Egg question.

TheKraken
06-16-2010, 06:40 AM
What the fuck were Drake and Hanson doing on a bill together?

chazbot
06-16-2010, 06:43 AM
Nothing like getting arrested at a Hanson concert.

Kefky
06-16-2010, 07:04 AM
I didn't know Hanson was still together.

As a matter of fact, I had completely forgotten they even exited until I saw this thread.

Thanks, FM. :miffed:

Foolish Mortal
06-16-2010, 07:08 AM
I didn't know Hanson was still together.

As a matter of fact, I had completely forgotten they even exited until I saw this thread.

Thanks, FM. :miffed:
http://imgur.com/84IH1.jpg

Stark Raving
06-16-2010, 07:09 AM
What the fuck were Drake and Hanson doing on a bill together?
And why was anyone there?

Your Pal, Carl
06-16-2010, 07:15 AM
I just can't believe that the kid from Degrassi is now a top Hip-Hop artist. How did that happen?

TheKraken
06-16-2010, 07:23 AM
And why was anyone there?

Drake I get. I mean, I don't like him, but he's huge right now. But why was he doing a show with some weird has-been child stars?

bartleby
06-16-2010, 07:26 AM
Drake I get. I mean, I don't like him, but he's huge right now. But why was he doing a show with some weird has-been child stars?

Because he's a future weird has-been child star?

SteveFlack
06-16-2010, 07:33 AM
My friend went to this, specifically to see Hanson.

So imagine a 30 year old gay man running away from all of these crazy teenagers. That's exactly what happened.

NATE!
06-16-2010, 07:37 AM
I just can't believe that the kid from Degrassi is now a top Hip-Hop artist. How did that happen?

Perhaps in a similar manner to how one of the players from "You Can't Do That On Television" was able to redefine herself as a shrill and annoying psycho grrrrl?

SteveFlack
06-16-2010, 07:39 AM
Perhaps in a similar manner to how one of the players from "You Can't Do That On Television" was able to redefine herself as a shrill and annoying psycho grrrrl?

And in between those two phases of her career, she was the Canadian Debbie Gibson.

Joe Kalicki
06-16-2010, 07:43 AM
I don't know about this particular audience, but isn't Hanson actually pretty well-regarded by other musicians?

Generic Poster
06-16-2010, 07:52 AM
The Kaiser Chiefs were correct in their prediction.