PDA

View Full Version : DREAM LOGIC #1 out this week!

MACK!
06-07-2010, 02:53 PM
Hope you like!

Ab4dd0n
06-08-2010, 05:28 AM
I look forward to it.

With the Reflections Hardcover, Electric Ant, the variant covers, and now this, you have had a pretty busy release schedule lately. I think I have almost bought more books that you have had a hand in than Bendis books, which is quite a feat.
Keep it up.

redskullrudd
06-09-2010, 05:44 PM
picked mine up today - always happy to have some new Mack product in hand. Glad to see my local comic shop has finally taken the hint and ordered lots of these, with a good dose of kabuki trades. Finally the void here is getting filled.
Liked the book, always fascinating to see the many things you are working on. Although it just made me realize I want that kabuki statue bad lol.....come on Pop Culture Shock! ;)
Also thanks for including my long ranting in the issue - its always an honor.
One thing that always interests me when I look through these reflection style books is I how long some of the paintings take to complete.....looks so involved.
Cheers!

MACK!
06-09-2010, 05:55 PM
picked mine up today - always happy to have some new Mack product in hand. Glad to see my local comic shop has finally taken the hint and ordered lots of these, with a good dose of kabuki trades. Finally the void here is getting filled.
Liked the book, always fascinating to see the many things you are working on. Although it just made me realize I want that kabuki statue bad lol.....come on Pop Culture Shock! ;)
Also thanks for including my long ranting in the issue - its always an honor.
One thing that always interests me when I look through these reflection style books is I how long some of the paintings take to complete.....looks so involved.
Cheers!

Glad you like!
Just got some new photos of the new Kabuki statue!
Should be on DMG tomorrow, and I'll put a link here.

Thanks

redskullrudd
06-09-2010, 06:39 PM
Ooooooh I just saw Jerry posted them on statueforum!!! Incredible!!! Switch out heads!! You guys really went all out on this!! All I can say is wow!!! When can we order!?!

Ab4dd0n
06-09-2010, 06:41 PM
Seems my local shop didn't even order the one copy I asked them for months ago, so I just made an evening of it and went to the next closest comic shop (also found an issue of Sandman signed by Gaiman at the used book shop next door, so worth the stop) where I picked up the last copy.

Was cool to see one of my pictures in the book:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ab4dd0n/4474350675/

Also, really liked the anagrams on the inside cover, it is interesting to see what all can be made of the phrase. If you need another for the next issue, I shall offer up: Older Magic

MACK!
06-10-2010, 06:34 AM
Seems my local shop didn't even order the one copy I asked them for months ago, so I just made an evening of it and went to the next closest comic shop (also found an issue of Sandman signed by Gaiman at the used book shop next door, so worth the stop) where I picked up the last copy.

Was cool to see one of my pictures in the book:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ab4dd0n/4474350675/

Also, really liked the anagrams on the inside cover, it is interesting to see what all can be made of the phrase. If you need another for the next issue, I shall offer up: Older Magic

Thanks for the anagram! I dig it!
And for the photos from the live art!
Glad you were able to find the book :)

Ab4dd0n
06-25-2010, 06:51 AM
I went back through the book last night in a different light (see below) and noticed a second picture I took at Comicpalooza of your Sandman ink that I ended up taking home as well (it actually was the top seller of the auction's first night, with your Death coming in at #2).

Long Story:

I've always enjoyed the idea of changing the mood and thoughts generated through art by viewing the art through different light. Be it a book light that doesn't cover the full page, natural sunlight, or the distinct color of a CFL, each type of light brings out new details each time you go over an image, so I like to go through any art books I get a few different times in different settings. I always have something different that stands out. Last night was a bit special, as there was a huge lightning storm that more or less kept the sky lit up constantly. I added a bit to it with a few candles as a precaution in case the power went out. The combination of the flickering candles and the fairly regular flashes of white light gave a really interesting effect. When the lightning would flash, suddenly every little detail would pop out at me.
Now I look forward to the next storm.

Just my little reading story.

Treacle
06-25-2010, 08:36 AM
Picked mine up on Saturday and loved it. :)