PDA

View Full Version : Marvel Full Solicitations - August 2010

HOOKS
05-18-2010, 06:15 AM
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/1005/18/marvelaugust.htm

Tom Burgos
05-18-2010, 06:19 AM
Woah...that cover for Spitfire # 1...there's some truly Liefeldian anatomic impossibilities going on there...

Andrew
05-18-2010, 06:21 AM
Deadpool #1000! :lol:

Generic Poster
05-18-2010, 06:25 AM
The "new" Casanova book is just reprints of the earlier stuff, correct?

BenC (formerly Ape-X)
05-18-2010, 06:29 AM

Yeah, I believe each issue is two if the Image issues, re-coloured, re-lettered and (maybe) new back-matter? I think by this time next year we will have vol.3 starting up! :rock:

OzMan
05-18-2010, 06:29 AM

From what I heard on Word Balloon he is releasing new material with reprinted material with new coloring included. His idea is to have a new story but have a new way to reintroduce fans to the old story without having to reprint the trade since all the old stories are being colored.

I really liked the original way the art was presented, but if Fraction wants to "Go Lucas" with his early work because he feels it's unfinished, then who am I to argue.

Bervda
05-18-2010, 06:30 AM
Grrrr. Not "full" if there isn't solicits for trades/HCs.

artimoff
05-18-2010, 06:31 AM
No trades?

Generic Poster
05-18-2010, 06:31 AM
Yeah, I believe each issue is two if the Image issues, re-coloured, re-lettered and (maybe) new back-matter? I think by this time next year we will have vol.3 starting up! :rock:

Hmmm. I've been meaning to read the series. Guess I'll just pick it up this way rather than going for the trades.

Tom Burgos
05-18-2010, 06:33 AM
NEW MUTANTS FOREVER #1

Written by Chris Claremton, pencils by Al Rio, covers by Rio and Bill Sienkiewicz.

The third generation of Xavier's pupils is back...like you've never seen them! New York Times best-selling author and X-Men visionary Chris Claremont returns to the young mutant heroes he created to turn their lives upside down! Their headmaster, Magneto, has just joined the Hellfire Club, and now the team faces a threat so terrible they're willing to join forces with the Black Queen, Selene!Ê With the stunning pencils of Al Rio, series co-creator Bob McLeod on inks, and the legendary Bill Sienkiewicz on covers, this is one series no New Mutants fan should miss!

40 pages, $3.99.

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/9649/newmutantsforever1b.jpg
Nice! Claremont, McLeod, and Rio. Haven't bought an X-title in God knows how long, but this creative team is too awesome to miss...

Alexander Hamilton
05-18-2010, 06:34 AM
This Secret Avengers cover has my attention...

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/1005/18/secretavengers4.jpg

Foolish Mortal
05-18-2010, 06:36 AM
This Secret Avengers cover has my attention...

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/1005/18/secretavengers4.jpg
Yeah, what's happening there?

Could something bad happen to Richard?

Jew Mafia
05-18-2010, 06:39 AM
Deadpool #1000! :lol:

I love that cover.

Alexander Hamilton
05-18-2010, 06:43 AM
Yeah, what's happening there?

Could something bad happen to Richard?

As much as I like Richard...

the idea of Steve getting the power of the Nova Force is pretty cool. I doubt it will be for more than a single issue or two, but I think it would be wicked... Going from Captain America... defender of, well, America... To Steve Rogers, protector of the goddamn universe. :rock:

sharp1
05-18-2010, 07:05 AM
No trades?

Continuum always lists trades at a different URL:
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/1005/18/marveltrades.htm

FrnkCastle
05-18-2010, 07:12 AM
Juan Jose RYP doing a Punisher Max one shot! So awesome!!

James W
05-18-2010, 07:35 AM
From what I heard on Word Balloon he is releasing new material with reprinted material with new coloring included. His idea is to have a new story but have a new way to reintroduce fans to the old story without having to reprint the trade since all the old stories are being colored.
Each issue of the Icon series will re-package 2 issues of the Image series, with the exception of Icon #s 1 and 8, which will pair an issue of the original series with a new story set in a similar timeframe.

Blane
05-18-2010, 07:51 AM
Still no Runaways. Dum.

artimoff
05-18-2010, 08:00 AM
Still no Runaways. Dum.

The last digest is listed.

joeAR
05-18-2010, 08:00 AM
I'm planning on picking up

ULTIMATE COMICS AVENGERS 2 #6
ULTIMATE COMICS AVENGERS 3 #1
AVENGERS #4
SECRET AVENGERS #4
BLACK WIDOW #5
CAPTAIN AMERICA #609
DAREDEVIL: BLACK & WHITE #1
HEROIC AGE: PRINCE OF POWER #4
INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #29
S.H.I.E.L.D. #3
STEVE ROGERS: SUPER-SOLDIER #2
UNCANNY X-MEN #527
X-MEN LEGACY #239
WOLVERINE WEAPON X #16
X-FACTOR #208
X-FORCE: SEX AND VIOLENCE #2
PUNISHER MAX #10
POWERS #8
CASANOVA #2
MILLAR & MCNIVEN'S NEMESIS #4
SECRET INVASION HC

sharp1
05-18-2010, 08:46 AM
Still no Runaways. Dum.

I find it annoying that both Runaways and the last NYX miniseries ended on cliffhangers, since the continuation/resolution of these stories is no where to be seen.

This is especially bad since NYX was a mini-series. If I can't expect to get a full story out of a mini-series, I will think at least twice before I try out another one from Marvel. It would be different if this was the first part of a set of mini-series, but here is something that is fairly niche and seemingly self-containted, which doesn't seem like it will ever be resolved.

Plus if they ever DO publish a continuation, will anyone really care? I have certainly lost interest in these 2 titles. Which is a shame, since I was enjoying both.

THWIP!
05-18-2010, 08:47 AM
Still no Runaways. Dum.

I know. What the fuck.

JustJames
05-18-2010, 08:48 AM
Wish there weren't so many Shadowland tie ins at $3.99 a pop. Was going to make this my Daredevil jumping on point finally but no way I'm going to be able to afford that. Other than that I'm excited for quite a few books!

- JJ

Blane
05-18-2010, 09:34 AM
I find it annoying that both Runaways and the last NYX miniseries ended on cliffhangers, since the continuation/resolution of these stories is no where to be seen.

This is especially bad since NYX was a mini-series. If I can't expect to get a full story out of a mini-series, I will think at least twice before I try out another one from Marvel. It would be different if this was the first part of a set of mini-series, but here is something that is fairly niche and seemingly self-containted, which doesn't seem like it will ever be resolved.

Plus if they ever DO publish a continuation, will anyone really care? I have certainly lost interest in these 2 titles. Which is a shame, since I was enjoying both.

I've read all the Runaways issues and while I was still willing to read Kathryn Immonen's run, it hadn't really impressed me that much to that point. For me, when BKV left the book, no one was really able to capture the mixture of romance, character moments, intrigue and action that BKV had incorporated. Joss had moments where the characters shined, but that whole storyline was convoluted and introduced a new character that I personally don't really care for.

Yost's stand alone where they go to the X-School was the closest thing to BKV and if they want to reboot it from BKV's leaving point with Yost as the writer, I'm A-OK with that. Not that that would ever happen.

Maybe in 10 years we will get a Runaways Forever with BKV back on the book. You know, if he ever writes comics again.

WhindamPryce
05-18-2010, 09:38 AM
LOT of good books there for me. Not as many collections though.

Kip K
05-18-2010, 09:38 AM
Its not just Shadowland minis at 3.99. Look at every new book from DC and Marvel--all new series and minis are launching at 3.99.

A.Huerta
05-18-2010, 10:02 AM
Djurdevic covers are starting to get boring. Yu always delivers.

BenC (formerly Ape-X)
05-18-2010, 10:19 AM
Secret Invasion oversized! Finally! And I like how Marvel started collecting tie-ins and spin-off to events into their own hardcovers. I think I might get that Civil War Spider-Man one...

joeAR
05-18-2010, 10:28 AM
Its not just Shadowland minis at 3.99. Look at every new book from DC and Marvel--all new series and minis are launching at 3.99.

Besides Black Widow, Avengers Academy, and Shield.

Supreme Convoy
05-18-2010, 10:33 AM
The Shadowland: Bullseye cover has me intrigued.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/images/solicits/marvelcomics/201008/77_SHADOWLAND__BULLSEYE_1.jpg

Pidge
05-18-2010, 10:38 AM
So excited for the Secret Invasion hardcover:)

Marcdachamp
05-18-2010, 11:08 AM
They put Millie the fuckin' Model in the "Women of Marvel" Omnibus yet no Spider-Girl? That's some bullshit.

BenC (formerly Ape-X)
05-18-2010, 11:43 AM
They put Millie the fuckin' Model in the "Women of Marvel" Omnibus yet no Spider-Girl? That's some bullshit.

Damn...I didn't notice that. That's dumb. There are a ton of perfect, self-contained stories they could have thrown in... As dedicated as that audience has been you would think you could throw 'em a bone.

Marcdachamp
05-18-2010, 11:48 AM
Damn...I didn't notice that. That's dumb. There are a ton of perfect, self-contained stories they could have thrown in... As dedicated as that audience has been you would think you could throw 'em a bone.

Nope, just noticed that, myself.

Mr. Dave
05-18-2010, 01:20 PM
Wish there weren't so many Shadowland tie ins at $3.99 a pop. Was going to make this my Daredevil jumping on point finally but no way I'm going to be able to afford that.

- JJ

I know what you mean about Shadowland's price tag. There are 5 new tie-in books all at $3.99. I'm definitely trade waiting on this one. If it gets bad reviews I'll pass. Looks good otherwise, but that price is steep.

Zac Goyette
05-18-2010, 02:05 PM
Lots of goodness for August. I might have to double dip for Casanova. I also want that issue of Powers right now!

HoldFastNow
05-18-2010, 03:02 PM
Finally another ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN ULTIMATE COLLECTION! :)

tstrapac
05-18-2010, 03:13 PM
Finally another ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN ULTIMATE COLLECTION! :)

did you mean to wait over 6 years to get this in paperback for the same price as the oversized hardcover?

danlomb
05-18-2010, 11:42 PM
Wish there weren't so many Shadowland tie ins at $3.99 a pop. Was going to make this my Daredevil jumping on point finally but no way I'm going to be able to afford that. Other than that I'm excited for quite a few books!

- JJ

I know what you mean about Shadowland's price tag. There are 5 new tie-in books all at $3.99. I'm definitely trade waiting on this one. If it gets bad reviews I'll pass. Looks good otherwise, but that price is steep.

What started as a 'mini-event' contained in a pocket of the MU, part of Marvel's plan of combatting 'event-fatigue', is quickly ballooning into an expensive ass-pain.

I know the old advice, 'you don't have to buy them all', but... damn.
If each was a one-shot, like the SIEGE tie-ins, I'd be in. Hell, even if they were $3.99 instead of the $2.99 SIEGE ones, I'd be in.

But committing to a few 3-4 issue long tie-ins featuring E-to-F-listers is steep.

The reason it's so conflicting is because no ONE tie-in seems more important than the other.

sharp1
05-19-2010, 07:29 AM
What started as a 'mini-event' contained in a pocket of the MU, part of Marvel's plan of combatting 'event-fatigue', is quickly ballooning into an expensive ass-pain.

I know the old advice, 'you don't have to buy them all', but... damn.
If each was a one-shot, like the SIEGE tie-ins, I'd be in. Hell, even if they were $3.99 instead of the $2.99 SIEGE ones, I'd be in.

But committing to a few 3-4 issue long tie-ins featuring E-to-F-listers is steep.

The reason it's so conflicting is because no ONE tie-in seems more important than the other.

Even though I am a long-time DD fan, I don't plan to get most of them. I already get DD, and will get the Shadowland main series, and may get some of the one-shots, but that's it for me. I will have to think twice about the since I was disappointed with the Siege ones that I read.

Boris the Blade
05-19-2010, 07:38 AM
Five Deadpool books? I haven't been following the month to month rankings, how well are all these selling?

Drkemerld73
05-19-2010, 07:41 AM
Even though I am a long-time DD fan, I don't plan to get most of them. I already get DD, and will get the Shadowland main series, and may get some of the one-shots, but that's it for me. I will have to think twice about the since I was disappointed with the Siege ones that I read.

I'm planning on getting DD and the primary Shadowland mini.

After that I'm most interested in the Bullseye and Elektra one shots followed by the Ghost Rider and Spider-Man one shots and Blood on the Streets because of Silver Sable.

Jim McCann
05-19-2010, 08:35 AM
Besides Black Widow, Avengers Academy, and Shield.

And Atlas and Haewkeye & Mockingbird.

The first issues are always bonus-sized $3.99 and then go to $2.99

RoShambo
05-19-2010, 08:39 AM
Five Deadpool books? I haven't been following the month to month rankings, how well are all these selling?

April (and historical) Sales data for Deadpool books. (http://www.deadpoolbugle.com/2010/05/april-2010-deadpool-sales-data.html)

Ben
05-19-2010, 08:44 AM
April (and historical) Sales data for Deadpool books. (http://www.deadpoolbugle.com/2010/05/april-2010-deadpool-sales-data.html)Some of those graphs contradict each other. Like the multi-line graph with all the books on it shows Deadpool hitting 100,000, but the graph just showing Deadpool alone never gets over like 70,000.

Matt Jay
05-19-2010, 08:59 AM
April (and historical) Sales data for Deadpool books. (http://www.deadpoolbugle.com/2010/05/april-2010-deadpool-sales-data.html)

That is some amusing data.

RoShambo
05-19-2010, 09:08 AM
Some of those graphs contradict each other. Like the multi-line graph with all the books on it shows Deadpool hitting 100,000, but the graph just showing Deadpool alone never gets over like 70,000.

Hmm.
That's weird.
:dunno:

Maybe second/third printings added into the overall chart, but not the single chart?

Mylazycat
05-19-2010, 09:25 AM
Avengers, New Avengers and Secret Avengers all hitting on August 18th? I wish they could each ship in their own week to spread it out.

HoldFastNow
05-19-2010, 10:13 AM
did you mean to wait over 6 years to get this in paperback for the same price as the oversized hardcover?

I read the regular trades at the library and got the first two Ultimate Spider-man Ultimate Collections as Christmas presents from my sister. At this point I'd rather just pick these up and save the shelf space then try and track down all the OHC that've come out.