PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else stuck at work today?

mike black
05-09-2010, 06:56 AM
I'm going out of my mind.

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
05-09-2010, 06:59 AM
Every Sunday.

mike black
05-09-2010, 07:19 AM
Every Sunday.

You and me both, son.

We've gotten around 6% of our expected calls so far today. It's almost silent in here.

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
05-09-2010, 07:36 AM
You and me both, son.

We've gotten around 6% of our expected calls so far today. It's almost silent in here.

Yeah that is how it has been today with our calls.

It's almost pointless for me to be here.

mike black
05-09-2010, 07:43 AM
Yeah that is how it has been today with our calls.

It's almost pointless for me to be here.

I've sent home most of the building. Call centers without noise are creepy as fuck.

So I'm blasting Bongzilla (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irVFQK-CEAM) to drown out the silence.

Buk Was Right
05-09-2010, 10:37 AM
I'm working on my second Bloody Mary.

Michael-Deery
05-09-2010, 10:47 AM
I usually work on Sundays but had the day booked of because it is the last day of the premiership season

mike black
05-09-2010, 10:54 AM
Have moved on to SLEEP (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOpidgBVa5s).

My employees have finally arrived at work.

I want to die.

Ryan Elliott
05-09-2010, 10:56 AM
I'm working on my second Bloody Mary.

I just finished a really important report.

And by "really important report" I mean a BBQ chipotle crispy chicken wrap from McDonalds.

Now I'm watching scooby doo movies on Cartoon Network.

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
05-09-2010, 11:12 AM
I have taken 2 calls and I have been here since 8AM.

Brewtown Andy
05-09-2010, 11:14 AM
I was at work until 7am, and I'll be back at work at 9pm. So I don't know if that counts.

Caley Tibbittz
05-09-2010, 11:16 AM
I am on a coffee date with my girlfriend.

Rod Nunley
05-09-2010, 11:21 AM
I'm at work. The apartment business knows not of days off.

mike black
05-09-2010, 11:24 AM
I have taken 2 calls and I have been here since 8AM.

What's your AHT?

Are you a sub contractor?

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
05-09-2010, 11:25 AM
What's your AHT?

Are you a sub contractor?

They want the AHT to be around 850 seconds, I take calls for Nationwide Insurance.

I have my insurance license in property and casualty insurance so basically I just talk about insurance and bills.

Rod Nunley
05-09-2010, 11:49 AM
They want the AHT to be around 850 seconds, I take calls for Nationwide Insurance.

I have my insurance license in property and casualty insurance so basically I just talk about insurance and bills.

I used to have that license. My brother owns a Nationwide office here in Austin and I worked with him when we opened his office. I was not a fan of being in insurance.

THWIP!
05-09-2010, 11:54 AM
I have to do a power point presentation for my class that's due on Tuesday.

mike black
05-09-2010, 11:56 AM

14 minutes? Fuck that noise, man. I'd go out of my skull.

(My mom's partner just worked on that new Nationwide ad campaign. She's in all the ones with in the trailer.)

Buk Was Right
05-09-2010, 12:12 PM
I have to do a power point presentation for my class that's due on Tuesday.

If it's due on Tuesday why would you even think about starting it before late Monday night?

Dave S.
05-09-2010, 12:37 PM
Just got home from work. The place was dead. maybe 2/3 of the kids for swimming lessons showed up. nobody came in for afternoon family swim

Buk Was Right
05-09-2010, 12:39 PM
The only thing better than this Bloody Mary is the cold beer that I'm having with it.

Sorry to all you dudes working today. I escaped weekend work a couple years ago so I feel you.

Your Pal, Carl
05-09-2010, 01:21 PM
If it's due on Tuesday why would you even think about starting it before Tuesday morning before class?

Your Pal, Carl
05-09-2010, 01:21 PM
The only thing better than this Bloody Mary is the cold beer that I'm having with it.

Sorry to all you dudes working today. I escaped weekend work a couple years ago so I feel you.

Oh yeah? Well... shit. :(

Michael-Deery
05-09-2010, 01:22 PM
And here I thought I was the only won that knew the horror of working in a call centre

Buk Was Right
05-09-2010, 01:28 PM

Good call.

Oh yeah? Well... shit. :(

YEAH!

Wait... what?

HoneyDippinDan
05-09-2010, 03:01 PM
I've sent home most of the building. Call centers without noise are creepy as fuck.

So I'm blasting Bongzilla (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irVFQK-CEAM) to drown out the silence.

Working graveyard with just my team, there are usually only five to ten other people besides me at my call center. I really like the quiet. The job seems way less stressful since I have moved to graveyards. It does get boring sometimes and while I'm usually poking around in the internet, but there's not a lot of websites that I like that are fun and work safe.

P.S. Do all the loonies get together and pick a week to call in? We seemed to get a bunch of late night weirdo's this week. The best one is a guy who called a couple times over the course of the week. The first time he called, he demanded we get a Russian interpreter on the line even though he spoke perfect English. He then proceeded to scream obscenities at the interpreter in Russian and wouldn't allow the interpreter to speak long enough to give my coworker the interpretation. This went on for about 25 minutes until he finally hung up. This finally gave the interpreter a chance to speak and she said the entire time he never once mentioned anything about his credit card. The next night he called, he got a different coworker, asked or an interpreter again but then argued about being put on hold so my coworker could call out to the language line and screamed "you are a stupid manager" several times before hanging up. My coworker never said he was a manager. Looking at his bills, we've decided that the fact that the majority of his purchases are from liquor stores may have something to do with this behavior.

THWIP!
05-09-2010, 03:07 PM
If it's due on Tuesday why would you even think about starting it before late Monday night?

Because I have other shit to do that's due on that day and I'm meeting up with the person that I'm doing the power point presentation tomorrow and I have to have most if not all of it done. Then we have to put it together and do a run through of what we're gonna say and who's gonna say what. I don't want to do the work but it's not that bad.

Humphrey_Lee
05-09-2010, 03:36 PM
Did a 9 hour day that involved dozens of screaming kids. Mother's Day is such bullshit. I wanna sterilebomb the country...

Doug O
05-09-2010, 04:44 PM
I was on a project call (from home) for 4 1/2 hours (and that's short!). Kind of makes the rest of the day a drag.

Plus I apparently missed Bendis riding his bike around to our comic shops giving out stuff!

mike black
05-09-2010, 04:45 PM
And here I thought I was the only won that knew the horror of working in a call centre

5 years and counting. :surrend:

Caley Tibbittz
05-09-2010, 04:56 PM
I was on a project call (from home) for 4 1/2 hours (and that's short!). Kind of makes the rest of the day a drag.

Plus I apparently missed Bendis riding his bike around to our comic shops giving out stuff!

Like Santa, only bald and Jewish! And in May!