PDA

View Full Version : I got drunk with Will Durst tonight!

oconnellmd
05-09-2010, 02:57 AM
http://michaeloconnell.com/mewilldurst.jpg

Will Durst was playing here at the Crest Theater in Sacramento tonight, and one of my comedy buddies, Keith Lowell Jensen, got to open for him. Big night for Keith, as Will is one of his heroes. After the show I got introduced, then the three of us and a couple more comedy & radio people all walked down to a local bar and knocked 'em back.

What an amazing guy. And what an endless font of great stories. That happens when you've worked with guys like Bob Hope... Fantastic night. Made even better by the fact that it was a zero cost night. My ticket was free, my drinks got paid for, and I even found myself a free parking spot. And when I got out of my ride in that free parking spot? Two totally hot chicks making out in the car next to me. Banner evening, all the way around.

oconnellmd
05-09-2010, 02:59 AM
(And if you have no idea who Will Durst is, please feel free to ignore this thread.)

bartleby
05-09-2010, 04:50 AM
(And if you have no idea who Will Durst is, please feel free to ignore this thread.)

He's the guy from Limp Bizkit, right?

And if that picture is any indication, the last few years have been pretty rough on him.

Gordon Chumway
05-09-2010, 04:59 AM
I used to love his political/comedy morning show with Mayor Willie Brown.

oconnellmd
05-09-2010, 05:00 AM
He's the guy from Limp Bizkit, right?

And if that picture is any indication, the last few years have been pretty rough on him.

The candle that burns brighter burns faster.

It's better to burn out than to fade away.

Other burning metaphors as well.

oconnellmd
05-09-2010, 05:03 AM

He's still got it. Really great show he puts on on stage.

oconnellmd
05-09-2010, 06:09 PM

I'm now totally looking forward to reading his book, "The All-American Sport of Bipartisan Bashing". Could have bought it from him last night, but he advised, "It's cheaper on Amazon".

Jason California
05-09-2010, 06:59 PM
I can only imagine how special a free night of drinks and laughs is to an Irishman.

oconnellmd
05-09-2010, 07:18 PM
I can only imagine how special a free night of drinks and laughs is to an Irishman.

And don't forget the hot chicks making out. Woo hoo!

Jason California
05-09-2010, 07:22 PM
And don't forget the hot chicks making out. Woo hoo!

It truly is a wonderful life.