PDA

View Full Version : New Comics Still Delayed

Ab4dd0n
05-06-2010, 01:03 PM
Just wondering if anyone else's Local Shop still has not received this week's new comics, or if I'm just that lucky.

Yes, I know part of it is the flooding in TN, but they have now been delayed two days.

Magnum V.I.
05-06-2010, 01:03 PM
We got ours in Denver.

The Crushtacean
05-06-2010, 01:29 PM
Our shop finally got ours this afternoon. Not only did the flooding delay them a day, but they were mis-shipped to another city and we had to go pick them up. Killed most of the day.

Ab4dd0n
05-06-2010, 01:34 PM
Ah, the owner where I go said there shipment was currently in San Antonio (which is about a 3 hour drive) so I am hoping for tomorrow.

The Crushtacean
05-06-2010, 02:35 PM
Ah, the owner where I go said there shipment was currently in San Antonio (which is about a 3 hour drive) so I am hoping for tomorrow.

Yup, that's where ours ended up. Several other shops in town, too.

The Hodag
05-06-2010, 02:48 PM
Yep, these are the weeks that'll break your heart if you work at a shop that got delays. Total chaos behind the scenes as we're trying desperately to figure out where the books are, when they'll arrive, how to reschedule around them, how much revenue we'll lose from the loss of "new comic Wednesday", etc. - and meanwhile the poor customers are just trying to figure out when to come in for their books.

Our customers have been very understanding, though, and it doesn't hurt to have a rockin' staff. Once we finally got the books in the store today, we got them counted, shelved, and pulled for subscribers in a record time. I think it was about half an hour.

Hyperstorm
05-06-2010, 08:13 PM
I'm finally getting stuff from two weeks ago today.

Stupid volcanic ash ... John Cusack better deliver it personally.

DAVE
05-06-2010, 09:47 PM
We got'em in New York City. Whoo, suck it, Houston!

THWIP!
05-06-2010, 11:01 PM
Apparently my guy didn't get Amazing Spider-Man yesterday but they got it today. Glad I stopped today.

Ab4dd0n
05-07-2010, 07:29 AM
Whoo, suck it, Houston!

I think that is actually what the UPS driver said as he took the comics to the wrong city.

At the very least I should be able to get mine today at lunch, then spend the afternoon reading at work. Ahh, Fridays

Andreas
05-07-2010, 07:49 AM
I'm finally getting stuff from two weeks ago today.

Stupid volcanic ash ... John Cusack better deliver it personally.

This.

And Batman and Robin #12 didn't ship this week. :)

Andreas