Well, my afternoon is ruined. :surrend:

Why?

Ryudo
05-06-2010, 09:37 AM
Too good for the kids meal, are we? :p

Marcdachamp
05-06-2010, 09:41 AM
Too good for the kids meal, are we? :p

I considered it, but she already rang up my combo. I have never once been to a BK that didn't sell them outside the kids meal.

Matt Jay
05-06-2010, 09:44 AM
This was probably almost as sad as the time I tried to sweet-talk a Best Buy employee into selling me the Spider-man 2 videogame early.

Marcdachamp
05-06-2010, 09:46 AM
This was probably almost as sad as the time I tried to sweet-talk a Best Buy employee into selling me the Spider-man 2 videogame early.

I almost talked to the manager, then I remembered where my Fantastic Four BK toys are right now. :lol:

OzMan
05-06-2010, 10:03 AM
With your luck you would've gotten that one that everyone hates, like the useless Avatar figures my son got.

Marcdachamp
05-06-2010, 10:05 AM
With your luck you would've gotten that one that everyone hates, like the useless Avatar figures my son got.

None of the boys ones suck! If they gave me some crap like Iron Man's chest piece necklace, shit would have been flying, though.

TheKraken
05-06-2010, 10:06 AM
A friend gave me the War Machine figure this week. She just wanted the food, she didn't care about the toy. It's a weird toy. It comes with a handle that plugs into his back with a trigger so you can switching him from "flying" to "landing" position. All it does is rotate him up about 45 degrees. When I was a kid, we could handle that without pulling a switch. :)

THWIP!
05-06-2010, 10:11 AM
I remember the toys at McDonalds and Burger King being a whole lot better when we were kids.

Case in point:
http://www.junkloverjunk.com/images/1991SuperLooneyTunes.jpg

Ryan Elliott
05-06-2010, 10:13 AM
You should have just walked behind the counter, grabbed one, and went to sit down and eat your food. Playing with the toy the entire time while staring at the person who wouldn't sell you one.

TheKraken
05-06-2010, 10:17 AM
I remember the toys at McDonalds and Burger King being a whole lot better when we were kids.

Case in point:

I believe all of those are still in a box at my Mom's house. :)

The actual War Machine figure's pretty nice. Very detailed. His arms move. He's hollow and the weight of his posable arms makes it hard for him to stand up, but it's a really good sculpt. It's just his worthless "action accessory" or whatever it is that made me chuckle...

Evan the Shaggy
05-06-2010, 10:25 AM
Porky Pig was Wonder Woman? Jesus.

THWIP!
05-06-2010, 10:26 AM
I believe all of those are still in a box at my Mom's house. :)

The actual War Machine figure's pretty nice. Very detailed. His arms move. He's hollow and the weight of his posable arms makes it hard for him to stand up, but it's a really good sculpt. It's just his worthless "action accessory" or whatever it is that made me chuckle...

I had the Bugs and Daffy one. I fucking loved them.

Marc Lombardi
05-06-2010, 10:26 AM

Petunia

THWIP!
05-06-2010, 10:27 AM

It's the Porky Pig girl version.

Ryan Elliott
05-06-2010, 10:29 AM
It's the Porky Pig girl version.

Petunia Pig!

http://images26.fotki.com/v958/photos/5/55348/242146/PetuniaPig1-vi.jpg

The cross-dressing alter ego of porky pig!

THWIP!
05-06-2010, 10:29 AM
Petunia Pig!

http://images26.fotki.com/v958/photos/5/55348/242146/PetuniaPig1-vi.jpg

The cross-dressing alter ego of porky pig!

Right. I couldn't remember her name.

Ryan Elliott
05-06-2010, 10:31 AM
Basically Porky Pig in a skirt and brunette wig, nobody really gives a shit about her!*

*this should all be read in the voice of the SuperFriends narrater.

DAVE
05-06-2010, 10:33 AM
Good, more for the kids.

Marcdachamp
05-06-2010, 10:40 AM
You should have just walked behind the counter, grabbed one, and went to sit down and eat your food. Playing with the toy the entire time while staring at the person who wouldn't sell you one.

I should have!

Doug
05-06-2010, 10:43 AM
I'm taking my son to see IM2 on Saturday. Maybe after the movie I'll take him to BK and get him a kid's meal.

I had no idea BK sold Mac & Cheese as a kid's meal until my mom told me after she took my son to get his first Iron Man toy.

russw
05-06-2010, 12:11 PM
Basically Porky Pig in a skirt and brunette wig, nobody really gives a shit about her!*

*this should all be read in the voice of the SuperFriends narrater.

Ted Knight!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqRxWAqnQ_g

Spidey616
05-06-2010, 02:18 PM
Burger King is dead to me! :angry:

Petey Parker
05-06-2010, 02:21 PM

Case in point:

I still have all of them accept for the Wonder Pig one. I never had that one.

Joe Kalicki
05-06-2010, 02:32 PM
I used to buy Happy Meals all the time a couple years ago when McDonald's was giving out Legion of Super-Heroes toys.

But yes, those WB characters as super-hero figures were the best. I had all of them.

Albert
05-11-2010, 10:12 AM
I got a boy toy and a girl toy on Sunday immediately after seeing the movie. The boy one I got was the Iron Man where when you press the button on his chest his limbs fall off. It rules!! I was doing it all day yesterday (while working, of course). I gave my girlfriend the light-up Black Widow bracelet. Seeing as how Scarlett Johansson isn't referred by the name Black Widow at any point during the movie it probably makes NO SENSE TO HER!! But she still liked it anyway.

Marcdachamp
05-11-2010, 10:24 AM
After paying for a Kid's Meal today, they gave me the fucking Black Widow Bracelet. I wasn't putting up with that. Traded and got the build-an-Iron Man. Fuckers.

That Whiplash Whopper is friggin' awesome, by the way.

Albert
05-11-2010, 10:59 AM
After paying for a Kid's Meal today, they gave me the fucking Black Widow Bracelet. I wasn't putting up with that. Traded and got the build-an-Iron Man. Fuckers.

Isn't the build-an-Iron Man great?

What's in a Whiplash Whopper? I don't dare eat Burger King food, I just like the toys.

Marcdachamp
05-11-2010, 11:46 AM
Isn't the build-an-Iron Man great?

What's in a Whiplash Whopper? I don't dare eat Burger King food, I just like the toys.

Looks cool, but it's sitting in my car while I'm at work. :sad:

It's got all the regular Whooper stuff, plus spicy mayo and firestrings. Good stuff.

Ab4dd0n
05-11-2010, 12:13 PM

I can't bring myself to get a kids meal unless I am in the drive thru

But the Whiplash Whopper was pretty good, I was hoping for it to be spicy though.

Marcdachamp
05-11-2010, 12:19 PM
I can't bring myself to get a kids meal unless I am in the drive thru

But the Whiplash Whopper was pretty good, I was hoping for it to be spicy though.

Mine had a nice little kick. Not super spicy, but a little bit.

Ab4dd0n
05-11-2010, 12:24 PM
Mine had a nice little kick. Not super spicy, but a little bit.

The spiciest part of mine was the look I got from the girl who took my order.

They didn't have anything about the burger on the menu, so I didn't see it until I was pulling around and there was a sign for it after the menu, which is a horrible place for an ad. When I pulled up to the window I told her I wanted to change the order to that, and she gave me a death stare.

I got my Iron Man toy, and that is all I was really after.