PDA

View Full Version : ...Whatever happened to Warren Ellis' Astonishing X-Men arc?

Made It Ma!
05-06-2010, 07:47 AM
The Brood/Sentinal Phil Jiminez arc...?

Did that conclude? Cause I see his new Astonishing X-Men series is coming out next week...

What the wha?

Marcdachamp
05-06-2010, 07:53 AM
It's been super pushed back. It's really an odd thing.

THWIP!
05-06-2010, 07:56 AM
It's not very good either.

Jef UK
05-06-2010, 07:58 AM

Oh man, when that meat Sentinel shot out Brood from his fingers, I thought it was pretty awesome.

I totally forgot this was even coming out until just now!!

Made It Ma!
05-06-2010, 07:59 AM

...I kinda liked it. Jiminez is a good fit for the X-Men. Not groundbreaking but fun comics I thought.

Weird to relaunch a book before it's final issue...

Marvel should just release the remaining issues as part of a TPB so as to avoid confusion later...

Humphrey_Lee
05-06-2010, 08:01 AM
...I kinda liked it. Jiminez is a good fit for the X-Men. Not groundbreaking but fun comics I thought.

Marvel should just release the remaining issues as part of a TPB so as to avoid confusion later...

Nah, sadly these days it's not that weird anymore. Hell, wasn't it just a year and a half ago that Wolverine 72 or whatever came out before 71? Because Old Man Logan was running behind and they needed to get some Dark Avengers related thing out? Bleh.

THWIP!
05-06-2010, 08:02 AM

Aren't there a couple of issues still left? I know I stopped picking them up because it's been so long, but I have 3 and I'm pretty sure the 4th came out or is coming out so that means there are 2 more issues to go.

THWIP!
05-06-2010, 08:02 AM
Oh man, when that meat Sentinel shot out Brood from his fingers, I thought it was pretty awesome.

I totally forgot this was even coming out until just now!!

Warren Ellis is very hit and miss with me and this was a huge miss.

HOOKS
05-06-2010, 08:25 AM
The fourth issue is scheduled for June 3rd.

Lord knows when the last issue is scheduled for, since the last issue that came out was in 2009.

Jason California
05-06-2010, 08:25 AM
Warren Ellis is very hit and miss with me and this was a huge miss.

I read the first 2 or 3 issues. It felt like someone trying to write like Warren Ellis.

DAVE
05-06-2010, 08:30 AM
I've been digging it. I preferred it, so far, to the first arc.

Spidey616
05-06-2010, 08:30 AM
Wow. Last issue came out in December. Didn't realize it was that long ago.