PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else hate the new Facebook layout?

Mark Mavro (kryptic6)
05-05-2010, 01:23 PM
I searched, didn't see anything. Sorry if this is a duplicate thread. Let me preface by saying I've been onboard with every change till now.

They're slowly rolling it out to their users. I chose not to make everything in my profile linkable and now all my info is deleted. It looks like they're not even feigning any interest letting their users maintain a little self-expression or privacy.

Everything you post has to link to iLike pages. It's all public. If you don't want it out there, then you have to keep it out of your profile. My groups seem to have disappeared too. I've seen so many angry users bitching about the new changes and yet no word from Zuckerberg or anyone at the company to suggest that they're listening.

Money, money, money... I deactivated my account last week. Not very happy with all my info being deleted after years of assembling that profile. No advance warning, either. Just wanted to hear what you guys thought.

Natty P, Scientific Adventurer
05-05-2010, 02:00 PM
I don't quite see what the problem is, really. They need to monetize it somehow, the site still loses money, somehow.

Matt Jay
05-05-2010, 02:04 PM
I don't really have a problem with it so long as it doesn't mean other fans of Modest Mouse can see all my shit.

Buk Was Right
05-05-2010, 02:05 PM
RE: Privacy: Assume that everything you put on Facebook is public. If you don't want it out there, don't put it on the internet.

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
05-05-2010, 02:13 PM
RE: Privacy: Assume that everything you put on Facebook is public. If you don't want it out there, don't put it on the internet.

:crazy:

bartleby
05-05-2010, 03:14 PM
Zuckerberg could change the color of the Facebook logo to green, and people would bitch about it for a week. And then a year later when it changes to red, people would bitch that it's not green anymore.

Dreaded Anomaly
05-05-2010, 03:47 PM
I saw the new info page being rolled out to others, so I saved all the text of my personal information to my computer. When I got the "upgrade," I unchecked everything and pasted the text back into my "about me" section. Take that, Facebook! http://www.rpi.edu/~pedrok/shakefist.gif

A.Huerta
05-05-2010, 04:01 PM
I havent noticed anything. If I do, I usually ignore it.

Jason California
05-05-2010, 04:05 PM

This is why I say no to most requests. It is pretty easy.

Mark Mavro (kryptic6)
05-05-2010, 08:04 PM
I just deactivated my account. Problem solved. The site does not lose money, btw. Zuckerberg is a millionaire.

jamestolliver
05-05-2010, 08:06 PM
I hate the new google layout.

Donal DeLay
05-05-2010, 08:08 PM
This change better be incorporated into the David Fincher movie!

Mark Mavro (kryptic6)
05-05-2010, 11:38 PM
Fuck. You. Guys. :D

Matt Jay
05-08-2010, 05:25 AM
Ever since the changes I've been getting friend invites from hot women that I do not know. Is this some kind of spam or virus stuff?

Ben
05-08-2010, 06:11 AM
Facebook changes their layout every six months, so you'll have to repeatedly figure out how to opt out of their privacy violating policies.

Scotty
05-08-2010, 06:15 AM
Like The internet is private. Silly users.

RebootedCorpse
05-08-2010, 06:33 AM
If you work the privacy controls, you can pretty much keep things between selected friends. I also have an account for personal and another for business. My business site is wide open, my personal site is locked down.