PDA

View Full Version : Happy Cinco De Mayo Benboers!!!

afroloq
05-05-2010, 03:02 AM
Let's get it poppin'!!

http://10.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kp86t71QOQ1qz5ybao1_400.jpg

oconnellmd
05-05-2010, 03:06 AM
The bad news? This holiday has been canceled in Arizona.

afroloq
05-05-2010, 03:07 AM
Zing!

and Virginia as well!

oconnellmd
05-05-2010, 03:19 AM
It's a kind of bittersweet, hollow victory when you're the first one in the room to make a really, really obvious joke...

afroloq
05-05-2010, 03:27 AM
But sobering nonetheless

Artie Pink
05-05-2010, 03:47 AM
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm186/Rising_Shadow/FRs/Meme/internet_mexican.jpg

oconnellmd
05-05-2010, 03:52 AM
http://michaeloconnell.com/supermexico.jpg

The Cable Guy
05-05-2010, 04:43 AM
The bad news? This holiday has been canceled in Arizona.

No sir it hasn't.

Tequila will be downed, carna asada will be on the grill, and loud music will be played.

BWC Boston
05-05-2010, 04:45 AM
No sir it hasn't.

Tequila will be downed, carna asada will be on the grill, and loud music will be played.

Just try to sneak back across the border by Sunday to give your mom her card.

dasNdanger
05-05-2010, 05:12 AM
I give you...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/dasNdanger/puercopibil.jpg

Puerco pibil, from the recipe provided on the Once Upon a Time in Mexico DVD...and...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/dasNdanger/chili.jpg

chili...and...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/dasNdanger/bohemiabock.jpg

wash it all down with an icy cold bottle of Bohemia!

das

Corey A.
05-05-2010, 05:14 AM
A LCS here in Des Moines is having a hell of a celebration!

CUP o’ KRYPTONITE
The ORIGINAL Comic Book Coffee House!
Located at:
4521 Fleur Drive Suite F
Des Moines, Iowa 50321
Phone: (515) 974-0515
E-Mail: Info(at)cupokryptonite.com

HELLBOY in MEXICO, Cinco de Mayo Party…

Wednesday!! May 5th!! 5 to 8!!

This is a celebration of the new Dark Horse Mignola/Corben Hellboy book, Hellboy in Mexico. The same writer/artist team that won the Eisner for Hellboy and The Crooked Man. (If you haven’t read that, you are doing yourself a disservice and need to get it.) The new book should have a bunch of crazy fun including terrible bat gods, evil turkeys and luchadors. Wednesday also happens to be Cinco de Mayo, and if Hellboy is in Mexico, maybe we should all join him and have a party. We are going to have FREE Beer and virgin Margaritas for everyone. Also, we’ll have a bunch of discounts (on comics, trades and everything Dark Horse.) We’ll have prizes and we’ll have freebies! I’m going to try and get people to sign up for the BPRD and push people to sign up for our twitter/facebook sites, and did I mention we’ll have giveaways too?

Dark Horse has been very generous in sending us some great merchandise, signed pieces and promo stuff. They really are a great company to work with. (Hell, the idea for this party came during a meeting with editor extraordinaire Scott Allie in Chicago while we were trying to come up with ways to help promote Dark Horse in the shop.) They are a big reason we will have such great stuff to make this a big deal.

If you have noticed Dark Horse’s promo in the back of their books lately, the We Love Comics Too campaign, you know something else we plan on doing. I want to submit a WE LOVE COMICS, TOO picture to them. I’m on a personal crusade to MAKE them make T-Shirts for this ad campaign. A pic with a bunch of us all holding a Mexican beer and a Dark Horse comic would be pretty cool and might go a long way to backing up my arguments I could sell twenty t-shirts in my little shop alone.

What is a Cinco de Mayo party without wrestling, hell, what is any party without a little grappling? We will also have some wrestling action up on the TV and projected on the big screen.

Joining the festivities will be several stars of 3XWrestling on hand to help promote their next event, Over the Top, which will take place on Friday night, May 7th. If you have never been to an event and even have a passing interest in pro-wrestling, you should go. It is an absolute blast. These guys are extremely talented and put their bodies on the line. Check out their website, ask them about it on Wednesday or just head down to the Des Moines Social Club on Friday night. The opening match is a little after 7:00.

Man, all that and the day the French were defeated in Mexico!! I don’t think you can ask for anything else. Or can you…

Ryan F
05-05-2010, 05:28 AM
The day Mexico beat the French.

NATE!
05-05-2010, 06:14 AM
I'm planning to celebrate by watching movies made by Tinto Brass and savagely beating anyone I see holding a Corona and wearing anything with a beer logo on it.

Alexander Hamilton
05-05-2010, 06:16 AM
Yay! Who's ready to get drunk celebrating a day most people don't understand the cultural significance of?!

This guy!

oconnellmd
05-05-2010, 03:04 PM
Yay! Who's ready to get drunk celebrating a day most people don't understand the cultural significance of?!

This guy!

Word!

I mean...palabra! (?)

Jason California
05-05-2010, 03:07 PM
I had enough to drink last night.

There was a time those words would never come from me.

Donal DeLay
05-05-2010, 04:25 PM
I had enough to drink last night.

There was a time those words would never come from me.

Well, happy Quatro de Mayo! I hope it was safe and fun!

Jason California
05-05-2010, 04:29 PM
Well, happy Quatro de Mayo! I hope it was safe and fun!

It was! Thank you for the well wishes!

afroloq
05-05-2010, 04:48 PM
JASON!!! You didn't save us a beer??

Jason California
05-05-2010, 04:51 PM
JASON!!! You didn't save us a beer??

No I didn't. I did not expect you to get here in time for the beer to be good, and I was thinking about all those sober people in Ethiopia and did not want it to go to waste.

afroloq
05-05-2010, 05:45 PM
while you was sipping on the beer....man....

Jason California
05-05-2010, 05:48 PM
while you was sipping on the beer....man....

Good thing we are in the US of A, where there will never be a shortage of booze.

Princesa
05-05-2010, 05:48 PM
This is my obligatory since-I'm-a-latina post 8-)

afroloq
05-05-2010, 05:52 PM
Good thing we are in the US of A, where there will never be a shortage of booze.

I will drink to that!!