PDA

View Full Version : MF GRIMM/ Jim Mahfood Collaboration

Akira
05-04-2010, 09:26 AM
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=26074

Los Angeles, Ca. – May 3, 2010 – Percy Carey, aka MF GRIMM, returns to comics and music with his latest album, “You Only Live Twice: The Audio Graphic Novel,” set to release Tuesday, June 8, 2010.

Comic book fans have eagerly awaited Carey’s return since “Sentences: The Life of MF GRIMM,” a Vertigo/DC title that warranted two Eisner nominations. Music fans have anticipated MF GRIMM’s return to music since “American Hunger,” a three-disc title also through Day By Day Entertainment.

Twice will satisfy both groups, blending imaginative lyricism, crafty story, and edgy illustration. The highly admired Jim Mahfood (Marvel’s Web of Spiderman #7) provides artwork for the album’s thirteen-page comic book.

The album will be available for purchase via all major music retailers. It will also be distributed by Diamond Comic Distributors and featured in the June issue of Previews. The album’s single, “I Am King” will be available for purchase or digital download May 18.

This sort of accompaniment seems appropriate when considering Carey’s recent occupation. After “Sentences,” Carey shifted his energy to journalism and worked to introduce the comic book world to hip-hop. As a contributor for Marc Ecko's Complex Magazine and MTV’s Splashpage, Carey provided coverage on the latest and greatest within the industry.

Therefore, it comes as no surprise when Carey attributes his return to music to his growth within the comic book industry.

“The comic book industry helped me find a new creative voice,” admits Carey. “Although it’s time to return to music, I want to display my love and appreciation of the comic book world.”

For more information on GRIMM/Carey or You Only Live Twice: The Audio Graphic Novel, please visit the Day By Day Entertainment website.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/assets/images/articles/1272991395.jpg

:rock:

James H
05-04-2010, 09:41 AM
I second the :rock:

TheKraken
05-04-2010, 09:42 AM
Nice!

THWIP!
05-04-2010, 09:46 AM
That's awesome.

Supreme Convoy
05-04-2010, 09:50 AM
I'm not a rap fan but I abosolutely loved Sentences.

Sign me up for this one for the comic alone.

Humphrey_Lee
05-04-2010, 10:03 AM
I'm not a rap fan but I abosolutely loved Sentences.

Sign me up for this one for the comic alone.

Dittoed

tonym
05-04-2010, 10:07 AM
Yessss. I was actually transferring my music to a new computer and found the first couple of Grimm albums. Was really stoked to listen to them again and now this...double win.

Jef UK
05-04-2010, 10:46 AM
Cool!!

dougmac
05-04-2010, 11:41 AM
I'm always down for new Mahfood

DAVE
05-04-2010, 01:21 PM
Oh, that's some sick shit.