PDA

View Full Version : Come On!

Gordon Chumway
05-04-2010, 05:58 AM
So... in the last few days I rewatched all three seasons of Arrested Development and it occurred to me. I have completely given up hope on a movie.

I mean, I'm fine with it.

I just realized that I used to think 'I can't wait for the movie' and now I find myself thinking 'We had a great run, and I'm so happy this exists'.

I'm curious how many on the board feel the same way.

(Poll Forthcoming)

mitchymitchymitchy
05-04-2010, 06:00 AM
Movie is unnecessary. The show was perfect, but a movie can only be a dissapointment.

"Like the guy in the $5000 suit is going to hold the door for the guy in the $50 suit - COME ON!!"

Garth
05-04-2010, 06:04 AM
I thought they were working on a movie? or is it held up in no-wheres-ville?

HoldFastNow
05-04-2010, 06:05 AM
I thought they were working on a movie? or is it held up in no-wheres-ville?

David Cross said recently that it's probably not happening (http://www.avclub.com/articles/david-cross-arrested-development-movie-aint-happen,39964/).

That doesn't mean it's for sure not happening, but since so much time has passed I would be really surprised if it still happened.

Personally, I thought the show had a great ending so I wouldn't be terribly upset if the movie didn't happen. I'd be happy if it did, though.

Gordon Chumway
05-04-2010, 06:07 AM
Movie is unnecessary. The show was perfect, but a movie can only be a dissapointment.

"Like the guy in the $5000 suit is going to hold the door for the guy in the $50 suit - COME ON!!"

How could it 'only' be a disappointment? I could understand if you said 'A movie has the potential for being done poorly and could take away from the series' but just saying 'They would phone it in and fuck it up' is a stretch.

thatguyfromsyracuse
05-04-2010, 06:10 AM
I would love for them to make a movie, but I won't hold my breath. I can still watch the episodes and get just as much enjoyment out of them.

DAVE
05-04-2010, 07:39 AM
I think it's time to get over it. You'll have to find other things to make you laugh.

Rosemary's Baby
05-04-2010, 07:41 AM
I'm not sure I want it to happen. I wouldn't complain if it did, though. I'm actually gonig through season 2 at the moment.

panco
05-04-2010, 07:49 AM
Best show ever

http://mentalfloss.cachefly.net/quiz/uploads/1221453077373.jpg

Rafiennes
05-04-2010, 08:14 AM
At this point, the expectations for this movie will never allow it to be as great as people want.

Like the Simpsons movie. Or the third Naked Gun. Or Saw 6.