PDA

View Full Version : SPIDERMAN foils would-be thief

russw
05-03-2010, 08:33 PM
No, it's not a comic book plot but the scene which unravelled in a Australian book store on Saturday.

Store owner Michael Baulderstone, dressed as Spiderman, spotted the man trying to steal an X-Men book worth $160 (£97).

The 45-year-old called for back-up and the hapless thief was surrounded by superheroes within seconds.

Mr Baulderstone said: "We had about 40 people dressed up as their favourite superheroes to celebrate International Free Comic Day, so he didn't have much of a choice but to hand the comic back after a little bit of a scuffle.

"Everyone in the store thought it was a play, that it was street theatre of some sort. It wasn't until I said 'call the police' that people started to realise.

"One of the funniest things about the incident was that I called for people to stand near the door and it just so happened we had people dressed as Jedi knights there blocking the exit, the Flash was there at some point too.

"It was a bit serious at the time, but now we're looking back laughing at what greeted police."

Haven't seen this posted so I hope it's not a double post

Link The Sun UK (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2957342/Spiderman-foils-would-be-thief.html)

leafinsectman
05-03-2010, 08:42 PM
Saw this on the news last night. I loved the Spidey/Flash/Jedis teamup :D

Bedlam66
05-03-2010, 08:44 PM
That's fucking Great.

cyberweasel
05-03-2010, 08:49 PM
http://www.606studios.com/bendisboard/showthread.php?t=191808

Sorry, couldn't resist. But I knew I stole that for FB from here earlier. :D

russw
05-04-2010, 05:02 AM
http://www.606studios.com/bendisboard/showthread.php?t=191808

Sorry, couldn't resist. But I knew I stole that for FB from here earlier. :D

no worries... a story like that begs to be posted here

Ben
05-04-2010, 05:03 AM
It's spelled Spider-Man.

Greygor
05-04-2010, 05:07 AM
It's spelled Spider-Man.

For some reason my brain is parsing that as incorrect.

I keep thinking it should be "It's spellt Spider-Man"

But that isn't right, it's amazing how your brain plays tricks with words when you read them.

Jacques Toochay
05-04-2010, 05:08 AM
It's spelled Spider-Man.

Marvel is sending you a cease & desist letter right now.

Ben
05-04-2010, 05:09 AM
For some reason my brain is parsing that as incorrect.

I keep thinking it should be "It's spellt Spider-Man"

But that isn't right, it's amazing how your brain plays tricks with words when you read them.According to my dictionary, "spelt" is acceptable.

Marc Lombardi
05-04-2010, 05:11 AM
it's actually a triple post, but a cool story nonetheless.

Garth
05-04-2010, 05:14 AM
Was it Johnny Depp under the mask?

Greygor
05-04-2010, 05:26 AM
According to my dictionary, "spelt" is acceptable.

Yeah, but it still doesn't look right.

There are just certain English words that even when spelled correctly the more you look at them the more wrong they look.

Or maybe it's just me and my poor alcohol soaked brain :(

James H
05-04-2010, 06:22 AM
"One of the funniest things about the incident was that I called for people to stand near the door and it just so happened we had people dressed as Jedi knights there blocking the exit, the Flash was there at some point too."

I guess they couldn't get a good look at him.