PDA

View Full Version : So about legacy villains.

Slewo.O
05-03-2010, 04:44 PM
Do you guys tend to like the original ones or the newer ones? I'm taking this off the recent spat of revivals of older villains like in Flash with Professor Zoom and Captain Boomerang and the opposite with the new Scorpion and Vulture in Spider-Man.

Discuss.

SidekicksRevenge
05-03-2010, 04:58 PM
It depends on the new guy and the reason for it. Kraven's daughter (even though the Kraven offspring bit has been done before) seems to have a pretty solid connection to the mantle and they're playing the hunter gimmick well with her. So that's cool.

The new Scorpion and Vulture don't really have squat to do with the originals. Not so big a fan there. So yeah, if you can give me a good storyline reason for the new _____, I'm in. But you'd better make it good.

xyzzy
05-03-2010, 05:12 PM
I like a good mix.

AndrewG
05-03-2010, 05:44 PM
There are a lot of newer villains that I like but I don't think there's a single one I like more than the original.

Slewo.O
05-03-2010, 06:52 PM
There are a lot of newer villains that I like but I don't think there's a single one I like more than the original.

What about Captain Boomerang?

Evan the Shaggy
05-03-2010, 07:08 PM

Even Hunter Zolomon?

AndrewG
05-03-2010, 07:10 PM
What about Captain Boomerang?

Didn't like the new one at all.

AndrewG
05-03-2010, 07:11 PM
Even Hunter Zolomon?

Hunter is great, maybe even my favorite of the 'legacy villains' but Professor Zoom was always a favorite.

Slewo.O
05-03-2010, 07:16 PM
Even Hunter Zolomon?

I personally found Hunter more interesting since he knew Wally first before he became Zoom and his motivations thus more interesting. While Zoom's just a gigantic prick who blames all of his mistakes on Barry and just does horrible, horrible things. I understand the difference Johns is trying to present and the subtle meta-commentary on the difference on villains between the Silver Age and now but I still liked Hunter alot more.

That and I just can't buy the idea behind the change in Professor Zoom's powers, waaaaaaaaaay too much pseudo-science. But then again every goddamn comic is filled with pseudo-science so I shouldn't complain.

Spidey616
05-03-2010, 07:47 PM
Varies.

New Vulture still haven't completely warmed up to him and his unique power set yet :scared:

Bedlam66
05-03-2010, 08:42 PM
I personally found Hunter more interesting since he knew Wally first before he became Zoom and his motivations thus more interesting. While Zoom's just a gigantic prick who blames all of his mistakes on Barry and just does horrible, horrible things. I understand the difference Johns is trying to present and the subtle meta-commentary on the difference on villains between the Silver Age and now but I still liked Hunter alot more.

That and I just can't buy the idea behind the change in Professor Zoom's powers, waaaaaaaaaay too much pseudo-science. But then again every goddamn comic is filled with pseudo-science so I shouldn't complain.
This. Though the science stuff doesn't bother me.