PDA

View Full Version : Iron Man 2: Why AC/DC?

Welt
05-03-2010, 10:24 AM
I'd be interested in hearing your opinion on the soundtrack choice for Iron Man 2: apparently it's AC/DC all the way.

I find it baffling and stupid - not only do I personally dislike the band strongly - (I instantly change the channel it they're on the radio) and all my excitement to see the movie dropped when I heard about this.

But on a more general note, I would assume that the band isn't very high on the list of the film's demographic. But tell me if I'm wrong.

SAVETHEB
05-03-2010, 10:26 AM
Is there a composed score or is it all AC/DC?

panco
05-03-2010, 10:27 AM
I'm sure they asked for a Black Sabbath reunion.

Nick Spencer
05-03-2010, 10:30 AM
I'd be interested in hearing your opinion on the soundtrack choice for Iron Man 2: apparently it's AC/DC all the way.

I find it baffling and stupid - not only do I personally dislike the band strongly - (I instantly change the channel it they're on the radio) and all my excitement to see the movie dropped when I heard about this.

But on a more general note, I would assume that the band isn't very high on the list of the film's demographic. But tell me if I'm wrong.

Yeah, I'd say that's wrong. AC/DC has a lot of fans in the core 'demographic' or whatever. I think the band has been a pretty integral part of what seems like a very successful promotional effort. It's worked very well to my eyes. At this point, these movies have a strong link to classic hard rock stuff.

Sorry you don't like them, but overall, I think it's a big crowd-pleaser.

Buk Was Right
Because it fucking rocks hard?

Cth
Is there a composed score or is it all AC/DC?

There is one, but they decided to go with a more traditional orchestral soundtrack from what I understand, as opposed to the guitar heavy mixed orchestral from the first.

The guitar heavy orchestral went a long way to standing out among all the other superhero themes.

Prime
05-03-2010, 10:32 AM
they only have the opening and closing song in the actual film, that I noticed.

(saw it at the IMAX friday)

And one of them can be seen in the released clip of him arriving at the stark expo.

TIP
05-03-2010, 10:33 AM
:lol:

GelfXIII
05-03-2010, 10:35 AM
Something to do with a tie in to mainstream "HEAVY METAL", I'm sure.

Welt
05-03-2010, 10:38 AM
they only have the opening and closing song in the actual film, that I noticed.

(saw it at the IMAX friday)

And one of them can be seen in the released clip of him arriving at the stark expo.

Well, that's good to hear. I think I can manage seeing through the film then...

thatguyfromsyracuse
05-03-2010, 10:41 AM
I heard AC/DC appear in certain parts of the film to rock out, and explain to the audience what's going on. If you don't like them, I'd probably skip it.

Welt
Something to do with a tie in to mainstream "HEAVY METAL", I'm sure.

Yeah, but there are thousands of more impactful rock bands/songs out there, but I suppose it's a marketing deal with a big band.

Marcdachamp
I thought it was pretty cool. Plus, I got a free ticket, too.

Ryan Elliott
05-03-2010, 10:43 AM
I heard AC/DC appear in certain parts of the film to rock out, and explain to the audience what's going on. If you don't like them, I'd probably skip it.

Yeah, I heard that too. But, but he's not actually talking, but SINGING the words, without any music.

He's talk-singing to you through certain parts of the movie.

THWIP!
05-03-2010, 10:43 AM

This is what I was going to post. They fucking Rock. Hard.

Welt
05-03-2010, 10:44 AM
Yeah, I heard that too. But, but he's not actually talking, but SINGING the words, without any music.

That sounds like my worst nightmare!! Gaaaaah.

thatguyfromsyracuse
05-03-2010, 10:45 AM

Yeah. That's what I meant.

"Oh! Yeah! Whiplash is coming! Yeaaaah! He's got whips! *dun dun dun* and he knows how to use them! *dun dun dun* Electric whips! Oooooh!"

that's an excerpt from the track "Whiplash Is Coming (Electric Whips)

yeamon
Yeah, but there are thousands of more impactful rock bands/songs out there, but I suppose it's a marketing deal with a big band.

Thousands of bands/songs out there with more impact than AC/DC?
You provoke the question I'm reluctant to ask... but go on... name one.

Ryan Elliott
Yeah. That's what I meant.

"Oh! Yeah! Whiplash is coming! Yeaaaah! He's got whips! *dun dun dun* and he knows how to use them! *dun dun dun* Electric whips! Oooooh!"

that's an excerpt from the track "Whiplash Is Coming (Electric Whips)

I have GOT to see this movie!

Welt
05-03-2010, 10:46 AM
This is what I was going to post. They fucking Rock. Hard.

They rock as hard as a twenty year old Hard Rock Café t-shirt that's two sizes too small.

mike black
05-03-2010, 10:46 AM
It could be worse...

For instance. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACn684LWa1I)

Pidge
05-03-2010, 10:47 AM

:rock:

Also, Tony is the Rock & Roll excess of the marvel universe, Drinking, chicks, more drinking. I mean how could a soundtrack by a band who's lead singer died of alcohol poisoning not work.

Although, I wish they had held off on using "Thunderstruck" until Thor. That would have been great.

mike black
05-03-2010, 10:48 AM
:rock:

Also, Tony is the Rock & Roll excess of the marvel universe, Drinking, chicks, more drinking. I mean how could a soundtrack by a band who's lead singer died of alcohol poisoning not work.

Although, I wish they had held off on using "Thunderstruck" until Thor. That would have been great.

I refuse to see Thor if there is anything even remotely close to rock involved in the soundtrack.

Pidge
05-03-2010, 10:49 AM
I refuse to see Thor if there is anything even remotely close to rock involved in the soundtrack.

Not even in one trailer. C'MON!

Matt Jay
People love that shit! Just look at what they did for Last Action Hero!

thatguyfromsyracuse

What if they use some sort of black/death metal that talks about Thor and Odin raping women and then burning down a church and then peeing on the ashes?

BryceWong
05-03-2010, 10:51 AM
Because there are a lot of AC/DC fans and they wanted to sell records and cross promote. AC/DC doesn't have a greatest hits album, this soundtrack is about the closes thing that there has ever been to one so a lot of AC/DC fans are buying this album and getting hooked into IronMan 2 at the same time because they probably think that AC/DC is all up in that bitch.

mike black
05-03-2010, 10:51 AM
What if they use some sort of black/death metal that talks about Thor and Odin raping women and then burning down a church and then peeing on the ashes?

To quote Johan Hegg, lead singer of Amon Amarth (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eABVwEgzIss), "We play death metal. We write about vikings so, therefore, some refer us to viking metal, but I have no idea what that is. I can't imagine the viking’s veer into metal at all except on the swords and stuff. And musically, I guess they only played these strange lip instruments and some bongos or whatever."

Brian Defferding
05-03-2010, 10:53 AM
AC/DC's great! I know it's only rock and roll, but I like it.

thatguyfromsyracuse
05-03-2010, 10:55 AM
"They jiggle! *bow bow bow* And they bounce! *bow bow bow* See them move! *bow bow dun* Espionage! *bow bow bow bow bow bow dun* Tight black leather! *bow bow dun* She's a Black Widow!" -Jiggle and Bounce (Espionage)

Ryan Elliott
05-03-2010, 10:57 AM
"They jiggle! *bow bow bow* And they bounce! *bow bow bow* See them move! *bow bow dun* Espionage! *bow bow bow bow bow bow dun* Tight black leather! *bow bow dun* She's a Black Widow!" -Jiggle and Bounce (Espionage)

:lol:

Show us your Iron Wiener!

GelfXIII
05-03-2010, 10:57 AM

thousands of more impactful rock bands? Dont underrate AC/DCs impact on early to mid 80s metal scene. I dont care for them either, but there's no doubting their impact. They were huge with a capital Hu. You couldn't swing a flying V guitar without hitting someone with an AC/DC shirt.

DaveCummings
05-03-2010, 10:59 AM
I think it's fitting to have them on Iron Man 2's soundtrack. AC/DC's Back in Black was the first song heard in the first movie and they just fucking rock. But really Welt, who would you rather have on there? I really think that something like Panic at the Disco or Modest Mouse would not fit the feel of Iron Man.

And there's not really too many more impactful bands out there. AC/DC is on the level of the Who or Black Sabbath. They are legends.

GelfXIII
05-03-2010, 10:59 AM

What if it's all Led Zep?

SteveFlack
05-03-2010, 11:00 AM

Seriously man. Iron Man 2 was just screaming for an all Nickelback soundtrack.

SteveFlack
05-03-2010, 11:01 AM
Y'know the worst part of all of this? The way the went back in to Iron Man 1 and re-edited it to put in some AC/DC music.

Welt
05-03-2010, 11:02 AM
Thousands of bands/songs out there with more impact than AC/DC?
You provoke the question I'm reluctant to ask... but go on... name one.

Well, these are opinions of taste, but from the same classic hard/ heavy rock pool, instantly Black Sabbath and Motörhead come to mind. And of the more contemporary: Tool, Killing Joke, Queens of the Stone Age, just to mention a few.

But my point is that musical tastes of people vary, and using one band for the whole film is not s mart decision in regards to the audience.

THWIP!
05-03-2010, 11:03 AM

I think I'd kill myself.

SteveFlack
05-03-2010, 11:03 AM
Well, these are opinions of taste, but from the same classic hard/ heavy rock pool, instantly Black Sabbath and Motörhead come to mind. And of the more contemporary: Tool, Killing Joke, Queens of the Stone Age, just to mention a few.

But my point is that musical tastes of people vary, and using one band for the whole film is not s mart decision in regards to the audience.

Judging by the fact that the movie is tracking to be one of the biggest releases of all time, the answer is obvious:

No one gives a shit.

Matt Jay
05-03-2010, 11:04 AM

That would be sweet. open that shit with Immigrant Song!

mike black
05-03-2010, 11:06 AM

No.

No Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Van Halen, Metallica, Slayer, Kreator, Motley Crue, Quiet Riot, Doro, Anthrax, Death Metal, Black Metal, Grindcore, Viking Metal, Pirate Metal, Doom Metal, Aggro, Thrash, Harcore, or fucking Crossover.

None of it.

DaveCummings
05-03-2010, 11:08 AM

???

Of all those bands you mention, the only one that really has a large mainstream appeal is Black Sabbath.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Tool, Killing Joke, and QOTSA, but they don't have the instant cultural connectivity as an AC/DC song.

Welt
05-03-2010, 11:08 AM
thousands of more impactful rock bands? Dont underrate AC/DCs impact on early to mid 80s metal scene. I dont care for them either, but there's no doubting their impact. They were huge with a capital Hu. You couldn't swing a flying V guitar without hitting someone with an AC/DC shirt.

Sorry if my use of the word impact got misunderstood. I didn't mean to disregard AC/DC's position in the rock'n'roll history - I meant rock music with more impact, a stronger effect. (Sorry, this language isn't my native tongue.)

Cth
05-03-2010, 11:11 AM
Speaking of buzz..

http://reporter.blogs.com/files/bullseye_430_lg.jpg

JHester
05-03-2010, 11:12 AM

Thor is begging for KISS' God of Thunder. :)

yeamon
05-03-2010, 11:15 AM

As opinions of taste go, I like every one of the bands you listed. As business decisions go, for a film studio marketing a blockbuster with maximum commercial appeal that is consistent with the tone of the film, the choice is AC/DC.

The commercial success and multi-generational longevity of AC/DC makes them a fit for the "Iron Man 2" house band.

Plus... as has been mentioned... they fucking rock hard.

bartleby
05-03-2010, 11:19 AM
I would have loved to see the Flobots do the soundtrack for IRON MAN 2, but that wasn't likely to happen.

HoldFastNow
05-03-2010, 11:26 AM
I'm not a huge AC/DC fan, but there's tons of worse stuff out there. I think they fit the movie better than say, Nickelback or modern pop stuff. They seem like something I can imagine Tony Stark himself listening to.

Ben
05-03-2010, 11:27 AM

I find it baffling and stupid - not only do I personally dislike the band strongly This is where I stopped reading.

edwardmblake
05-03-2010, 11:36 AM

Freddie Mercury Wept! Bring me the bore worms.

schizorabbit
05-03-2010, 11:39 AM

Dude, feel thankful. I read in in an industry trade that Favreau's original choice for soundtrack music included Kesha and Justin Bieber for key scenes, and that every time Whiplash entered a scene, Devo's "Whip It" started.

Christopher Brian
05-03-2010, 11:40 AM
No.

No Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Van Halen, Metallica, Slayer, Kreator, Motley Crue, Quiet Riot, Doro, Anthrax, Death Metal, Black Metal, Grindcore, Viking Metal, Pirate Metal, Doom Metal, Aggro, Thrash, Harcore, or fucking Crossover.

None of it.

Then what? I'm curious now.

Christopher Brian
05-03-2010, 11:43 AM
I thought it was a great idea. The soundtrack is like an introduction to AC/DC for the casual fan who isn't familiar with thier work and a great piece for existing fans who already own chunks of thier catalogue and are completists. From what we've heard they don't have songs all throughout the movie. So you can skip the soundtrack and buy the score and he happy.

Prime
05-03-2010, 11:43 AM
The best use of a song in the film is this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfAJLGFWxYo

Ryan Elliott
05-03-2010, 11:45 AM

Nothing. No metal bends. An orchestral score.

Prime
05-03-2010, 11:46 AM
Also a bit weird seeing DJ AM featured quite prominantly in one scene.

Masculine Todd
05-03-2010, 11:48 AM

So they replaced the freeze-frames where Waylon Jennings narrates to the audience about how Tony could ever get out of this latest predicament?

Christopher Brian
05-03-2010, 11:49 AM

Oh. There is an Orchestral score. Comes out July 7th. I think that should satisfy some then.

Ryan Elliott
05-03-2010, 11:50 AM
Oh. There is an Orchestral score. Comes out July 7th. I think that should satisfy some then.

He's talking about for Thor.

thatguyfromsyracuse
05-03-2010, 11:50 AM
So they replaced the freeze-frames where Waylon Jennings narrates to the audience about how Tony could ever get out of this latest predicament?

Yeah. They figured it was better. You know, for the kids. Because of the rock and roll.

Masculine Todd
05-03-2010, 11:59 AM
Yeah. They figured it was better. You know, for the kids. Because of the rock and roll.

Rock and Roll sounds like a sexual euphemism and I don't trust you or it.

Ryan Elliott
05-03-2010, 12:02 PM
Sorry, NO ONE can tell me this doesn't fucking rock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvoeeq-BH4w&playnext_from=TL&videos=vufPmrJe840

thatguyfromsyracuse
05-03-2010, 12:02 PM
Rock and Roll sounds like a sexual euphemism and I don't trust you or it.

Come on Todd! Let's "rock and roll" all night and "party" everyday.

Christopher Brian
05-03-2010, 12:04 PM
He's talking about for Thor.

:surrend: Shit I misread that like hell.

Nick Spencer
05-03-2010, 12:05 PM

Part of every day.

Ryan Elliott
05-03-2010, 12:05 PM
It's cool. :)

thatguyfromsyracuse
05-03-2010, 12:08 PM
Part of every day.

:lol: You and I are exactly like Paul Rudd and Sean William Scott!

Masculine Todd
05-03-2010, 12:09 PM

Why is that devil man screaming at me so loud and so often?

No. I have to work and do taxes and pray and then pray about doing my taxes right and hope that sex and evil noise won't stop me from doing those taxes.

thatguyfromsyracuse
05-03-2010, 12:12 PM

No. I have to work and do taxes and pray and then pray about doing my taxes right and hope that sex and evil noise won't stop me from doing those taxes.

You're such a square!

Ryan Elliott
05-03-2010, 12:14 PM

Because it's fucking metal!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJTYp1tvd3Q

Jason California
05-03-2010, 12:29 PM

Do you know who AC/DC is?

Masculine Todd
05-03-2010, 12:29 PM
You're such a square!

Have fun being audited.

Because it's fucking metal!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJTYp1tvd3Q

Mike would scoff!

Ryan Elliott
05-03-2010, 12:41 PM
Have fun being audited.

Mike would scoff!

It's Satan! Played by Dave Grohl, which makes it even more metal!

thatguyfromsyracuse
05-03-2010, 12:45 PM
Have fun being audited.

Mike would scoff!

Pfft! Whatevs! Have fun in Nerdsville!

Ryan Elliott
05-03-2010, 12:46 PM
Pfft! Whatevs! Have fun in Nerdsville!

Hey, let's pants him!

And then hang him from the flag pole!

Jason California
05-03-2010, 12:47 PM
Hey, let's pants him!

And then hang him from the flag pole!

I think Todd wears skinny jeans.

Nick Spencer
05-03-2010, 12:49 PM

They're called 'Rapesafes' Jason.

thatguyfromsyracuse
05-03-2010, 12:51 PM

Perfect! That means we can get away with it!

Ryan Elliott
05-03-2010, 12:52 PM
Perfect! That means we can get away with it!

Win-win!

The Dean
05-03-2010, 12:53 PM
On topic, I thought they chose AC/DC because of the song, "Back in Black," with Rodney becoming Warmachine. All of the other "metal" and "electricity" metaphors fell into place after that.

Of course, Black Sabbath really set the plate with "I am Iron Man" in the first flick and the 70s/80s Rock-n-Roll really seemed to mesh well with the movie.

Welt
05-03-2010, 12:54 PM

I won't try to deny that the song in question is blessed with some genius. But I'm sad to say it may have been one of the few times in the 35-year history of the band.

I don't like Rolling Stones either, but at least they have made a bunch of hit songs throughout their long career, and the radios have gotten new tunes to play from them. With AC/DC it's just 2 or 3 songs.

Jason California
05-03-2010, 12:55 PM
They're called 'Rapesafes' Jason.

Ah, like wife beaters. I see.

Welt
05-03-2010, 12:59 PM
Hey, it's been very interesting to hear your opinions - and to find myself in the minority here with my taste or opinion.

I see AC/DC as music for the 35/40 year olds (that are mainly interested in cars and beer), but perhaps the younger generation has found/or will find the band with the movie and hears it with fresh ears, so to say.

thatguyfromsyracuse
05-03-2010, 01:01 PM
I like beer. And I drive a car. But I don't think either of those things has anything to do with me liking AC/DC.

Ryan Elliott
05-03-2010, 01:05 PM
Hey, it's been very interesting to hear your opinions - and to find myself in the minority here with my taste or opinion.

I see AC/DC as music for the 35/40 year olds (that are mainly interested in cars and beer), but perhaps the younger generation has found/or will find the band with the movie and hears it with fresh ears, so to say.

I know nothing about cars and have no interest in beer, but I love AC/DC.

I'm also 21.

FedEx Fanboy
05-03-2010, 01:07 PM
AC/DC rules. Quit your bitching, get the sand out your vag and stop listening to Celine Dion.

Bedlam66
05-03-2010, 01:22 PM

Because AC/DC is Awesome.

Also your a terrible person for not liking them.

Masculine Todd
05-03-2010, 01:45 PM
I, for one, would like to go on record as saying that I do not want me to be raped. If any others would rather not see me raped, your input would be appreciated. PM Ryan and Matt, please.

Masculine Todd
05-03-2010, 01:47 PM
AC/DC rules. Quit your bitching, get the sand out your vag and stop listening to Celine Dion.

MUSIC: You either listen to AC/DC or Celine Dion...and you have an unkempt vagina.

thatguyfromsyracuse
05-03-2010, 01:49 PM
I, for one, would like to go on record as saying that I do not want me to be raped. If any others would rather not see me raped, your input would be appreciated. PM Ryan and Matt, please.

It's been almost 15 minutes, and not one PM!

mike black
05-03-2010, 01:50 PM

This.

If pop or rock or hip-hop or whatever appears as background noise in a city scene, or whatever - fine.

But this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yQtvuWTYok) is absurd.

Ryan Elliott
05-03-2010, 01:51 PM
No PMs!! Ahahahaha!!

mike black
05-03-2010, 01:55 PM
No PMs!! Ahahahaha!!

Todd :

http://svg.kyon.pl/static/img/remiq.net_1174.jpg

Jason California
05-03-2010, 01:57 PM
Don't rape Todd guys. I don't think it would be good for him.

mike black
05-03-2010, 01:58 PM

What? Fuck that. It builds character.

Jason California
05-03-2010, 02:01 PM
What? Fuck that. It builds character.

I guess, through trials and adversity it might help him, but he has to be in the right mindset to take the lesson that way, otherwise it will all be for naught. Make sure you tell him you love him when doing it.

Rantz
AC/DC isn't a bad choice. Really. You could have (no lie at all) ended up with 80's-era Def Leppard, Whitesnake, Quiet Riot...

Out of the ones you listed, there's irony value in using Motorhead's Iron Fist, but using AC/DC is instant, recognizable branding. Much less obnoxious and annoying than the use of the Beastie Boys in Star Trek (who I like, but it was very out of place and head scratching)

Maynard would say you're being "Toolier than thou"

Really, he would.

thatguyfromsyracuse
Just for your information, I don't condone it, and won't be raping Todd. Unless he asks for it. Then it's consensual and shit.

Masculine Todd
05-03-2010, 02:04 PM
It's been almost 15 minutes, and not one PM!

No PMs!! Ahahahaha!!

Wow. Thanks everyone. You're all assholes, but mine is the one I'm worried about!

Thank you, Jason.

mike black
05-03-2010, 02:04 PM
Just for your information, I don't condone it, and won't be raping Todd. Unless he asks for it. Then it's consensual and shit.

Just make sure you ask him "please" until he finally gives in.

mike black
05-03-2010, 02:06 PM
AC/DC isn't a bad choice. Really. You could have (no lie at all) ended up with 80's-era Def Leppard, Whitesnake, Quiet Riot...

Out of the ones you listed, there's irony value in using Motorhead's Iron Fist, but using AC/DC is instant, recognizable branding. Much less obnoxious and annoying than the use of the Beastie Boys in Star Trek (who I like, but it was very out of place and head scratching)

Maynard would say you're being "Toolier than thou"

Really, he would.

I hate that whole fucking "Well, that word is in the title of the song, so it should be in the movie!"

FUCK YOU LAZY MUSIC DIRECTORS AND YOUR SPURIOUS CONNECTIONS!

mike black
05-03-2010, 02:06 PM
I guess, through trials and adversity it might help him, but he has to be in the right mindset to take the lesson that way, otherwise it will all be for naught. Make sure you tell him you love him when doing it.

I'm not raping him, son. I just call it like I see it.

Zac Goyette
05-03-2010, 02:52 PM
I like the choice. I thought Shoot to Thrill was a great choice for the trailer. It fits very well to me.

GelfXIII
05-03-2010, 02:57 PM
Whatever you do, DO NOT put an eel up Todd's bum. I've heard that can be 'eely bad for you...

FedEx Fanboy
05-03-2010, 03:00 PM
I like the choice. I thought Shoot to Thrill was a great choice for the trailer. It fits very well to me.

I still don't understand why a rapper hasn't covered that track yet. It's perfect, especially the lyrics!

adventure metal
05-03-2010, 03:26 PM
If there was one band born to write the soundtrack to a Thor movie, its Manowar. I mean, they've pretty much already done it.. look at the song titles from their last album!!

1. Overture To The Hymn Of The Immortal Warriors
2. The Ascension
3. King Of Kings
4. Army Of The Dead, Part I
5. Sleipnir
6. Loki God Of Fire
7. Blood Brothers
8. Overture To Odin
9. The Blood Of Odin
10. The Sons Of Odin
11. Glory Majesty Unity
12. Gods Of War
13. Army Of The Dead, Part II
14. Odin
15. Hymn Of The Immortal Warriors

Although I dont think Marvel movie thor is going to rape and pillage enough for their liking. Hail and Kill

majorjoe23
05-03-2010, 04:04 PM
If there was one band born to write the soundtrack to a Thor movie, its Manowar. I mean, they've pretty much already done it.. look at the song titles from their last album!!

1. Overture To The Hymn Of The Immortal Warriors
2. The Ascension
3. King Of Kings
4. Army Of The Dead, Part I
5. Sleipnir
6. Loki God Of Fire
7. Blood Brothers
8. Overture To Odin
9. The Blood Of Odin
10. The Sons Of Odin
11. Glory Majesty Unity
12. Gods Of War
13. Army Of The Dead, Part II
14. Odin
15. Hymn Of The Immortal Warriors

Although I dont think Marvel movie thor is going to rape and pillage enough for their liking. Hail and Kill

I'm sorry, but the soundtrack to Thor is being done by MC Hammer, who is changing his name to MC Mjolnir for the project.

dasNdanger
05-03-2010, 04:20 PM
Why AC/DC??

Because they've got big balls.

das

Masculine Todd
05-03-2010, 08:19 PM
Why AC/DC??

Because they've got big balls.

das

So, you've fucked them?

Dreaded Anomaly
05-03-2010, 08:48 PM

AC/DC still has quite a lot of appeal for the <35 crowd, from what I know. In addition, I think that "mainly interested in cars and beer" is a fair stereotype for guys in their teens and up, so maybe that's just a cultural difference in American youth. :lol:

As for your initial question, Why AC/DC? Because it's fucking AC/DC, that's why. :rock:

Superior Kiai
05-03-2010, 08:55 PM
Why not?

The Human Target
05-03-2010, 08:59 PM
AC/DC is fucking terrible.

michealdark
05-04-2010, 07:43 AM
I love the soundstrack myself. Nice mix of hits and deep album cuts. This is probably the closests thing (besides live albums) that we're ever going to get of an AC/DC best of.

michealdark
05-04-2010, 07:44 AM
ac/dc is fucking terrible.

epiiiiiiiiiiiiiiccccccccccc failllllllllluuuuuuurre!

Bald Steve
05-04-2010, 08:41 AM
AC/DC fucking rocks. This thread is beyond hilarious.

mike black
05-04-2010, 08:43 AM
So, you've fucked them?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLCKSPFrkJQ&feature=related

The Human Target
05-04-2010, 08:43 AM
epiiiiiiiiiiiiiiccccccccccc failllllllllluuuuuuurre!

One of the few rock bands I can't even tolerate listening too.

They're like the classic rock Nickleback.

dasNdanger
05-04-2010, 09:28 AM
So, you've fucked them?

No. That was Dwayne Johnson in my dream last night. Whew. Sometimes I wonder what the hell is up with my subconscious...

das

Masculine Todd
05-04-2010, 09:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLCKSPFrkJQ&feature=related

So you've fucked Sponge Bog then?

Stark Raving
05-04-2010, 09:46 AM
AC/DC worked well for them in the first movie, and it made a shit-ton of money.
Why would they change?

dasNdanger
05-04-2010, 09:48 AM

Yer obsessed.

das

michealdark
05-04-2010, 06:01 PM
One of the few rock bands I can't even tolerate listening too.

They're like the classic rock Nickleback.

You need to wipe the shit off of your tongue so that you can regain some taste.

The Human Target
05-04-2010, 08:23 PM
You need to wipe the shit off of your tongue so that you can regain some taste.

Its funny to me that a band with a song entitled "For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)" can in fact do such a bad job at rocking.

mike black
05-04-2010, 08:58 PM

Kid's like a walking pocket pussy.

DaveCummings
05-05-2010, 04:34 AM
Its funny to me that a band with a song entitled "For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)" can in fact do such a bad job at rocking.

Dude, just give it up. You are just failing on so many levels.

The Human Target
05-05-2010, 09:37 AM

Not until the entire worlds admits that AC/DC is not cool.

michealdark
05-05-2010, 12:05 PM

How about this: tell us exactly what your problems are with AC/DC and what bands you like

The Human Target
05-05-2010, 01:10 PM
How about this: tell us exactly what your problems are with AC/DC and what bands you like

How about this- you tell me the things you like about AC/DC and what bands you like.

michealdark
05-05-2010, 01:32 PM
They're heavy, blues based 3-chord rock, and were heavy, blues-based 3-chord rock at a time where an hour of Rick Wakeman playing a Hammond organ was considered a good time and 30 minute drum solos were in vogue. They have this sneering, swaggering attitude. They're a very sex, beer, and fighting based band. Their singers are 2 of the most distinctive voices in rock history. They write absolutely massive, killer hooks. Angus Young is one of the best blues-rock soloists of all time. Malcom Young is a killer rhythm player. They've always been very economical with their drumming (you don't need to play a crash or a fill on every downbeat to be good). They really know how to groove,. And lastly, Angus is such a hyperactive, AD/HD addled monkey on stage that you can't help but be transfixed by him.

As for bands I like, well, I like a pretty wide variety of stuff. Sawyer Brown, Lonestar, Black Flag, DRI, Corrosion of Conformity, Slayer, Metallica, King Crimson, Dragonforce, Allman Brothers, Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble, the Sex Pistols, Blackhawk, The Roots, Deftones, My Bloody Valentine, Jesu, SunnO))), Down, Pantera, Matchbox 20, Minus the Bear, Dillinger Escape Plan, Mayhem, Wolves in the Throne Room, Celtic Frost, Agoraphobic Nosebleed, Anal Cunt, Ghengis Tron, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Black Label Society, NIN, Throbbing Gristle, Skinny Puppy, Gorilla Biscuits, Agnostic Front, Hatebreed, Pink Floyd, RATM, the Rolling Stones, the Eagles, the list could go on and on.

The Human Target
05-05-2010, 02:03 PM
They're heavy, blues based 3-chord rock, and were heavy, blues-based 3-chord rock at a time where an hour of Rick Wakeman playing a Hammond organ was considered a good time and 30 minute drum solos were in vogue. They have this sneering, swaggering attitude. They're a very sex, beer, and fighting based band. Their singers are 2 of the most distinctive voices in rock history. They write absolutely massive, killer hooks. Angus Young is one of the best blues-rock soloists of all time. Malcom Young is a killer rhythm player. They've always been very economical with their drumming (you don't need to play a crash or a fill on every downbeat to be good). They really know how to groove,. And lastly, Angus is such a hyperactive, AD/HD addled monkey on stage that you can't help but be transfixed by him.

As for bands I like, well, I like a pretty wide variety of stuff. Sawyer Brown, Lonestar, Black Flag, DRI, Corrosion of Conformity, Slayer, Metallica, King Crimson, Dragonforce, Allman Brothers, Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble, the Sex Pistols, Blackhawk, The Roots, Deftones, My Bloody Valentine, Jesu, SunnO))), Down, Pantera, Matchbox 20, Minus the Bear, Dillinger Escape Plan, Mayhem, Wolves in the Throne Room, Celtic Frost, Agoraphobic Nosebleed, Anal Cunt, Ghengis Tron, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Black Label Society, NIN, Throbbing Gristle, Skinny Puppy, Gorilla Biscuits, Agnostic Front, Hatebreed, Pink Floyd, RATM, the Rolling Stones, the Eagles, the list could go on and on.

I applaud you for actually doing that much work when I was just kidding.:)

I do in fact hate AC/DC but I don't actually care if anyone likes them.

But in the interest of sharing, the only bands I sorta like that you like are Floyd, Skynryd, the Stones, NIN, and the Eagles.

And Matchbox 20 being right after Pantera is fantastic.

michealdark
05-05-2010, 02:25 PM
It always surprises me when I mention I like Anal Cunt and people ignore it like, "Yeah, that's something he would like."

Rantz
05-05-2010, 05:35 PM

Yep. For those about to Rock is one of the best Rock songs of all time. period.