PDA

View Full Version : 'South Park' warned by radical Muslims

bachman
04-20-2010, 09:40 AM
The creators of South Park have received a warning from a radical Islamic website.

CNN reports that revolutionmuslim.com, based in New York, criticised the 200th episode of the cartoon for including a satirical discussion on whether an image of the Prophet Mohammed could be shown. He was later shown disguised in a bear suit.

A posting on the website has now warned Trey Parker and Matt Stone that they could be the subject of violence.

"We have to warn Matt and Trey that what they are doing is stupid and they will probably end up like Theo Van Gogh for airing this show," the message read, referring to a Dutch filmmaker who was murdered after making a film about violence against women in some Islamic societies. "This is not a threat, but a warning of the reality of what will likely happen to them."

The post lists the addresses for Comedy Central's New York offices and the headquarters in Los Angeles of Parker and Stone's production company.

A sermon by Anwar Al-Awlaki, who is on a list of al-Qaeda leaders, plays over images of Parker and Stone and the clip ends with the words: "The Dust Will Never Settle Down."

However, the post's author Abu Talhah al Amrikee told CNN that he only listed the addresses so that the website's users could protest, insisting that it was not intended as a threat.

He added that he included the sermon to remind Muslims that insulting the prophet is a severe offence and claimed that he is considering holding protests about the show.

Comedy Central has not yet commented on the reports.

http://www.digitalspy.com/ustv/news/a215496/south-park-warned-by-radical-muslims.html

Jason California
04-20-2010, 09:46 AM
We really have more than enough nutjobs in this world.

thatguyfromsyracuse
04-20-2010, 09:47 AM
It is pretty insulting dressing Mohammed up as a bear. He seems like he'd be much more comfortable dressed as a pirate.

Jason California
04-20-2010, 09:49 AM
It is pretty insulting dressing Mohammed up as a bear. He seems like he'd be much more comfortable dressed as a pirate.

We don't even know if they really had Mohammad (I always say that name like Peter Griffin does) in that costume. It could have been a look alike for all we know, and then you would have these guys getting pissed off for nothing.

bachman
04-20-2010, 09:51 AM

:lol:

:scared:

The Hodag
04-20-2010, 09:51 AM
I have a solution: every animator and cartoonist in the world needs to do a wacky Mohammed cartoon. Then radical Muslims won't know who to go after first and they'll just have to chill.

It'll be cartooning's "I'm Spartacus!"

Spidey616
04-20-2010, 09:55 AM
"FAMILY GUY!"
-Randy

SidekicksRevenge
04-20-2010, 09:55 AM
I honestly wonder sometimes if these two want someone to take a violent shot at them or if they just really enjoy pushing it.

Patch
04-20-2010, 10:00 AM
I honestly wonder sometimes if these two want someone to take a violent shot at them or if they just really enjoy pushing it.

Sacred cows make the best hamburger.

mike black
04-20-2010, 10:01 AM
I suspect that this will change nothing.

SidekicksRevenge
04-20-2010, 10:02 AM

No joke. I mean, I get the why of it...I just sometimes wonder if I actually get the why of it.

MIKE D
04-20-2010, 10:08 AM
I have a solution: every animator and cartoonist in the world needs to do a wacky Mohammed cartoon. Then radical Muslims won't know who to go after first and they'll just have to chill.

Yes, THIS is what will get them to chill.

Marcdachamp
04-20-2010, 10:14 AM
"What can we be pissed off about today?"

"How about South Park again?"

"Yeah... fuck it, we can run with it. We need a new one tomorrow, though. Osama's gonna be pissed."

"Okay, new one tomorrow. I'm writing it down."

Ben
04-20-2010, 10:32 AM
It is really funny that they showed him way back and no one cared. They even air that episode in syndication all the time, and no one says a word.

Marcdachamp
04-20-2010, 10:35 AM
It is really funny that they showed him way back and no one cared. They even air that episode in syndication all the time, and no one says a word.

Muslim extremist's don't watch repeats.

Len Snark
04-20-2010, 10:47 AM

Wow man, you just made me think. That was awesome.

russw
04-20-2010, 10:47 AM

At the very least we can change our Benbo avatar to the Mohammed they used in the SuperBestFriends episode

<<<<<<----------

Jonathan Callan
04-20-2010, 11:03 AM

Someone, I think it was Penn Jilette, suggested the idea of designating a day where every insulted Muhammad. I like it.

Dude Pal
04-20-2010, 11:23 AM

The 200th episode even commented on that. Hilarious.

Ben
04-20-2010, 11:32 AM
The 200th episode even commented on that. Hilarious.Yeah, which was great!

Matt Jay
04-20-2010, 11:47 AM
I hope the South Park guys go even further next time. They'll probably wuss out though. Not that I can blame them. Not sure it's worth dying over.

Heroic Age Moe
04-20-2010, 11:53 AM
Those crazy Christi....er.. oops. Muslims.

I hope the South Park guys go even further next time. They'll probably wuss out though. Not that I can blame them. Not sure it's worth dying over.

This is such a ridiculous statement. Not on you man, just the context of it. We are talking about people killing others because they have a picture of their "god" or whatever. How fucking loony do you have to be to think that is right in any kinda way.

And it works! People are terrified to upset a Muslim. It's completely absurd.

They should be mocked on par with Christians or whatever other religion is out there.

James H
04-20-2010, 11:55 AM
I hope the South Park guys go even further next time. Comedy Central will probably wuss out though.

Fixed. I really hope that they go through with it this time.

Ben
04-20-2010, 12:02 PM
Those crazy Christi....er.. oops. Muslims.

This is such a ridiculous statement. Not on you man, just the context of it. We are talking about people killing others because they have a picture of their "god" or whatever. How fucking loony do you have to be to think that is right in any kinda way.

And it works! People are terrified to upset a Muslim. It's completely absurd.

They should be mocked on par with Christians or whatever other religion is out there.You're right. When crazy people want to kill you for doing stupid shit you don't need to do, you should do it so they go crazy and kill you! That'll show 'em!

Benel Germosen
04-20-2010, 12:05 PM
This is such a ridiculous statement. Not on you man, just the context of it. We are talking about people killing others because they have a picture of their "god" or whatever.

The Qu'ran doesn't explicitly forbid depictions of visual representation of Muhammad. It's something more of it's traditionally frowned upon to depicted Muhammad visually.

Which is all well and good if you're Muslim, but should mean FUCK ALL if you're not.

Fourthman
04-20-2010, 12:11 PM
I'd like to think that part of Matt and Trey's point is that if they are harmed, how can we take the desires of Muslim extremism seriously? Really? Pentagon, World Trade Center, obscure artist/grandchild of a genius painter, the South Park Guys.

On second thought, maybe the Jersey Shore cast could all draw their interpretations of the prophet next season.

Heroic Age Moe
04-20-2010, 12:19 PM
You're right. When crazy people want to kill you for doing stupid shit you don't need to do, you should do it so they go crazy and kill you! That'll show 'em!

That...you don't need to do?

So who are the arbiters on what can and cannot be done based on need? That's pretty messed up.

bachman
04-20-2010, 12:39 PM
You're right. When crazy people want to kill you for doing stupid shit you don't need to do, you should do it so they go crazy and kill you! That'll show 'em!

Don't give in to fear Ben, that's how Parallax'll get ya. Him or The Emperor. And The Emperor will be all douchey about it. "You want thiiiis, don't you?" (pats lightsaber)

jamestolliver
04-20-2010, 12:46 PM
The Qu'ran doesn't explicitly forbid depictions of visual representation of Muhammad. It's something more of it's traditionally frowned upon to depicted Muhammad visually.

Which is all well and good if you're Muslim, but should mean FUCK ALL if you're not.

Indeed. Depending on the Caliphate at the time, Muhammad could be widely seen in art. I did a study of Karagoz and Turkish shadow puppetry in high school and the prophet Muhammad used to be a character in a lot of the plays.

Drkemerld73
04-20-2010, 12:47 PM
I thought it was brilliant that by not showing Mohammed, they managed to insult him even more by calling a moving truck "Mohammed" and a mascot bear costume "Mohammed" even though he's supposed to be inside them.

Which makes one wonder, if they're so pissed at the idea of showing Mohammed, how come they're not as pissed by characters looking at something and calling it "Mohammed".

It was a nice touch.

Mister Mets
04-20-2010, 12:49 PM
You're right. When crazy people want to kill you for doing stupid shit you don't need to do, you should do it so they go crazy and kill you! That'll show 'em!I'm sure the South Park guys have some form of protection.

While I don't demand that everyone show the courage of Matt Stone and Trey Parker here, I respect the hell out of anyone who refuses to back down from the threats of violent assholes.

nick maynard
04-20-2010, 12:58 PM
well, we can't totally assume what their intentions are after just one episode of a multi episode arc. it might look like they're doing one thing right now but they could easily turn this all upside down on us.

also, the mystery of who cartman's father is will tie in to the mohammed stuff. i'm sure of it. maybe mohammed is cartman's dad?

Zac Goyette
04-20-2010, 01:32 PM
I hope Matt and Trey don't back down. Every religion has caught shit from South Park at some point. Having Jesus Christ fight Santa Claus during Christmas while they are swearing at each other is pretty insulting as well, but I never heard Catholics "warning violence" toward Stone or Parker. Jews are insulted regularly on that show, Scientology has been on the end of South Parks comedy before too. I find it ironic that a religion that is supposed to be non-violent is warning them of violence in retaliation.

Joe Kalicki
04-20-2010, 02:27 PM
I think Stone and Parker are getting exactly what they want.

Rosemary's Baby
04-20-2010, 02:40 PM
I hope Matt and Trey don't back down. Every religion has caught shit from South Park at some point. Having Jesus Christ fight Santa Claus during Christmas while they are swearing at each other is pretty insulting as well, but I never heard Catholics "warning violence" toward Stone or Parker. Jews are insulted regularly on that show, Scientology has been on the end of South Parks comedy before too. I find it ironic that a religion that is supposed to be non-violent is warning them of violence in retaliation.

The people that are threatening them are radicals. They're crazy.

JHickman
04-20-2010, 03:07 PM
I did a study of Karagoz and Turkish shadow puppetry in high school and the prophet Muhammad used to be a character in a lot of the plays.

LOL.

Shadow puppets. SHADOW PUPPETS!!!!!!

Ben
04-20-2010, 03:28 PM
I'm sure the South Park guys have some form of protection.

While I don't demand that everyone show the courage of Matt Stone and Trey Parker here, I respect the hell out of anyone who refuse to back down from the threats of violent assholes.What the South Park guys are doing is different from just drawing a picture to piss some Muslims off. Whether they want to admit it or not, they're trying to say something. I was responding more to the idea that we should just do what tehy don't want us to do because they don't want us to do it.

justjeffery
04-20-2010, 03:35 PM
Im now wanting to draw Moham kicking matt or trey down a well screaming "this is islam"

Jason California
04-21-2010, 09:10 PM
We don't even know if they really had Mohammad (I always say that name like Peter Griffin does) in that costume. It could have been a look alike for all we know, and then you would have these guys getting pissed off for nothing.

I knew it!

Heroic Age Moe
04-22-2010, 12:34 AM
What the South Park guys are doing is different from just drawing a picture to piss some Muslims off. Whether they want to admit it or not, they're trying to say something. I was responding more to the idea that we should just do what tehy don't want us to do because they don't want us to do it.

Face it man. You are not allowed to draw Mohammad. Just accept that fact and move on. Whatever grape thing you got going on. Just never ever use Mohammad.

You got that?

You are not allowed to do it. So don't even think about it.

Jonathan Callan
04-22-2010, 01:54 AM
Wow. Comedy Central really caved. They bleeped every mention of the name. That is just sad.

jamestolliver
04-22-2010, 02:59 AM
LOL.

Shadow puppets. SHADOW PUPPETS!!!!!!

:mistrust: Yes?

Hyakotake
04-22-2010, 05:56 AM
I did a study of Karagoz and Turkish shadow puppetry in high school and the prophet Muhammad used to be a character in a lot of the plays.

Awesome! So the shadow of Mohammed is not perceived as a part of the unlawful act of depicting Mohammed and is thus allowed... leaves room for further exploitation :-D

stevapalooza
04-22-2010, 06:30 AM
The whole hiding Mohammad's face thing didn't start until the later middle ages. Before that you can find oodles of Mohammad paintings. Look, there he goes now! (http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y67/snafu1056/mo1.jpg)

jamestolliver
04-22-2010, 10:16 AM
Awesome! So the shadow of Mohammed is not perceived as a part of the unlawful act of depicting Mohammed and is thus allowed... leaves room for further exploitation :-D

Well it isn't traditional flashlight-bunny-ears shadow puppetry. This is an example of a Karagoz puppet:

http://www.myturkiye.com/images/mr/G20_hacivat_karagoz_a_traditional_turkish_scene_sh ow.jpg

They would be pressed up against a white screen and light would shine behind them. Karagoz stories themselves don't depict Mohammed (from what I remember) but an older cousin to Karagoz derived from Egypt (probably) and influenced by Moors to west and the Ottoman Empire to the east would show Mohammed and other famous stories of Muslim tradition. From wiki:

While puppet theatre and passion plays were popular in the medieval Islamic world,[16] live theatre and drama has only been a visible part of Arabic literature in the modern era. There may have been a much longer theatrical tradition but it was probably not regarded as legitimate literature and mostly went unrecorded. There is an ancient tradition of public performance amongst Shi'i Muslims of a play depicting the life and death of al-Husayn at the battle of Karbala in 680 CE. There are also several plays composed by Shams al-din Muhammad ibn Daniyal in the 13th century when he mentions that older plays are getting stale and offers his new works as fresh material.

The most popular forms of theater in the medieval Islamic world were puppet theatre (which included hand puppets, shadow plays and marionette productions) and live passion plays known as ta'ziya, where actors re-enact episodes from Muslim history

And also:

Depictions of Muhammad remain common in Timurid Persian and Ottoman art throughout the 14th, 15th, and 16th centuries. Perhaps the most elaborate cycle of illustrations of Muhammad's life is the late 16th century copy of the 14th century biography Siyer-i Nebi produced by order of Murat III.

This is kind of a weird conversation.

Heroic Age Moe
04-22-2010, 12:05 PM
What a bunch of pussies.

Dude Pal
04-22-2010, 12:31 PM
Other than the bleeps, the episode was really funny!

Beep Beep!
05-02-2010, 04:41 PM
I can't believe this . . . South Park connection to car bomb in Times Square?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/7668606/Times-Square-car-bomb-police-investigate-South-Park-link.html

Police in New York are investigating whether a car bomb in Times Square was targeted at the makers of South Park over a controversial depiction of the Prophet Mohammed.The device, which failed to detonate, was left near the offices of Viacom, which owns the irreverent cartoon series.

Last month postings on an Islamic website warned the creators of South Park - Matt Stone and Trey Parker - that they could face violent reprisals after an episode of the show featured Mohammed in a bear suit.

A posting on the website of a US-based group called Revolution Muslim warned Stone and Parker that they would “probably wind up like Theo Van Gogh”, the Dutch film-maker who was murdered in 2004 by a Muslim angered by his film about Muslim women.

Images of the Prophet are strictly forbidden in Islam, and Comedy Central, which broadcasts South Park, has banned Stone and Parker from depicting Mohammed in the past. In 2006 the network stopped them from featuring Mohammed in an episode which followed worldwide protests over a caricature of the Prophet by a Danish cartoonist.

Detectives are also understood to be investigating striking similarities between the New York bomb and two car bombs planted by Islamic terrorists outside the Tiger Tiger nightclub in London in 2007.

In both cases, the devices comprised cylinders of propane gas and cans full of petrol intended to be ignited by electronic detonators.

Benel Germosen
05-02-2010, 04:59 PM

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/7668606/Times-Square-car-bomb-police-investigate-South-Park-link.html

Police in New York are investigating whether a car bomb in Times Square was targeted at the makers of South Park over a controversial depiction of the Prophet Mohammed.The device, which failed to detonate, was left near the offices of Viacom, which owns the irreverent cartoon series.

Last month postings on an Islamic website warned the creators of South Park - Matt Stone and Trey Parker - that they could face violent reprisals after an episode of the show featured Mohammed in a bear suit.

A posting on the website of a US-based group called Revolution Muslim warned Stone and Parker that they would “probably wind up like Theo Van Gogh”, the Dutch film-maker who was murdered in 2004 by a Muslim angered by his film about Muslim women.

Images of the Prophet are strictly forbidden in Islam, and Comedy Central, which broadcasts South Park, has banned Stone and Parker from depicting Mohammed in the past. In 2006 the network stopped them from featuring Mohammed in an episode which followed worldwide protests over a caricature of the Prophet by a Danish cartoonist.

Detectives are also understood to be investigating striking similarities between the New York bomb and two car bombs planted by Islamic terrorists outside the Tiger Tiger nightclub in London in 2007.

In both cases, the devices comprised cylinders of propane gas and cans full of petrol intended to be ignited by electronic detonators.

Wow.

LeggoMyEggolas
05-02-2010, 05:01 PM

Holy crap! When I first heard the story this morning I brought up this possibility, my Dad shot the theory down. I can't wait for him to get home to tell him this. Still fucked up though.

Dr. Chaos
05-02-2010, 05:46 PM
Ah. Religion.

You were always....complicated.

Pia Guerra
05-02-2010, 08:33 PM
Failed car bomb was not al-Qaeda plot, says NY mayor: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8657606.stm

There is no evidence the failed attempt to detonate a car bomb in New York was the work of al-Qaeda or any other big terrorist group, the city's mayor says.
Michael Bloomberg spoke after police dismissed claims by a Pakistani Taliban group that it was responsible.
Investigators are hunting a middle-aged white man seen removing his shirt near the scene at Times Square on Saturday evening and stuffing it into a bag.
President Barack Obama has vowed the US will track down the perpetrators.
Investigators have been gathering evidence from the Nissan Pathfinder in which the homemade petrol and propane bomb was found.
Behaving 'furtively'
The engine was still running with hazard lights flashing when the SUV, emitting smoke, attracted the attention of a street vendor.

Police evacuated part of the bustling entertainment district and shut subway lines, while a controlled explosion was carried out.
New York City Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said on Sunday the bomb was crude, but could have sparked a "significant fireball".
Another component of the device was a rifle cabinet packed with more than 100lb (45kg) of fertilizer, although police said it was not of a type volatile enough to explode.
Commissioner Kelly said they were looking for an unidentified white man, thought to be in his 40s, who was spotted behaving "furtively" nearby.
CCTV captured the suspect walking down an alley and changing a shirt, while looking back in the direction of the smoking SUV.

More in link.

NATE!
05-02-2010, 08:52 PM
Failed car bomb was not al-Qaeda plot, says NY mayor: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8657606.stm

More in link.

That's some great investigation going on there:

"Hey, the Pakistani Taliban has claimed responsibility!"
"Yeah, but they weren't responsible."
"How do you know?"
"The police made a really vague statement saying that it wasn't because they didn't have any evidence that it was!"
"Whew! That takes a load off my mind, then, with that irrefutable lack of evidence."

Pia Guerra
05-02-2010, 08:56 PM
That's some great investigation going on there:

"Hey, the Pakistani Taliban has claimed responsibility!"
"Yeah, but they weren't responsible."
"How do you know?"
"The police made a really vague statement saying that it wasn't because they didn't have any evidence that it was!"
"Whew! That takes a load off my mind, then, with that irrefutable lack of evidence."

Because that little offshoot of the Taliban made claims to other acts they didn't do?

Also, because Taliban IEDs tend to actually explode.

NATE!
05-02-2010, 08:57 PM
Because that little offshoot of the Taliban made claims to other acts they didn't do?

Also, because Taliban IEDs tend to actually explode.

Well, maybe they were forced to outsource this time around. Bad economy and all.

Pia Guerra
05-02-2010, 09:03 PM
Well, maybe they were forced to outsource this time around. Bad economy and all.

There was an animation of the device on the news and really, it makes no sense at all. Two gas cans, a bowl with fire crackers in it, a toy clock, propane tanks in the trunk and bags of fertilizer not know for its explosive properties. A very retarded bomber by the looks of it.

NATE!
05-02-2010, 09:11 PM
There was an animation of the device on the news and really, it makes no sense at all. Two gas cans, a bowl with fire crackers in it, a toy clock, propane tanks in the trunk and bags of fertilizer not know for its explosive properties. A very retarded bomber by the looks of it.

Wasn't the Oklahoma City bombing done in part with fertilizer?

EDIT: Ah, the fertilizer used was not ITSELF known for it's explosive properties. I get it.

Jacques Toochay
05-02-2010, 09:12 PM
A very retarded bomber by the looks of it.

http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv213/JacquesToochay/31-original-Child_with_drill.jpg?

NATE!
05-02-2010, 09:13 PM
http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv213/JacquesToochay/31-original-Child_with_drill.jpg?

You posted DRILL KID???

mike black
05-02-2010, 09:14 PM
Wasn't the Oklahoma City bombing done in part with fertilizer?

EDIT: Ah, the fertilizer used was not ITSELF known for it's explosive properties. I get it.

Yes, also buying large quantities of fertilizer requires federal documentation and a visit from G-Men.

However, the big issue is Potassium Nitrate.

NATE!
05-02-2010, 09:16 PM
Yes, also buying large quantities of fertilizer requires federal documentation and a visit from G-Men.

However, the big issue is Potassium Nitrate.

$17.85 new off Amazon.com.

Pia Guerra
05-02-2010, 09:38 PM
Yeah, fertilizer was used in Oklahoma and is the reason now why you have to register with the government to buy it, but it seems like this guy heard 'fertilizer' and bought a few bags from Home Depot without knowing you need to buy the stuff with the potassium nitrate in it. Also, propane tanks are damn difficult to set alight, I've seen them react to fire and whoever did this clearly didn't realize that NYFD would have put out a car fire long before that casing was affected by the heat. There was no detonator, no wiring, just firecrackers to set the car on fire that would then set the gas on fire and then set the tanks and fertilizer on fire. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Ryan Elliott
05-02-2010, 09:53 PM
You posted DRILL KID???

That's more like just a kid with a drill.

NATE!
05-02-2010, 10:05 PM
That's more like just a kid with a drill.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk269/zorrodeltaco/thats_the_joke.jpg

NATE!
05-02-2010, 11:28 PM
Now they're saying the Times Square bomb was a diversion.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/05/02/local_nyc_channel_reports_failed_bomb_at_times_squ are_was_a_diversion_for_massive_explosion.html

Jacques Toochay
05-02-2010, 11:42 PM
I think it's safe to say that nobody really knows just what the fuck is going on with this thing judging by all the crazy reports flooding in.

Ben Weldon
05-02-2010, 11:42 PM

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/05/02/local_nyc_channel_reports_failed_bomb_at_times_squ are_was_a_diversion_for_massive_explosion.html

"They" are one dude who called 911. If it was a diversion surely the thing our attention was meant to be diverted from would have happened by now?

Jacques Toochay
05-02-2010, 11:46 PM
If it was a diversion surely the thing our attention was meant to be diverted from would have happened by now?

Holy shit!

It was a diversion for this:

http://money.cnn.com/2010/05/02/news/companies/United_Continental_merger/index.htm?hpt=T2

NATE!
05-02-2010, 11:49 PM
Holy shit!

It was a diversion for this:

http://money.cnn.com/2010/05/02/news/companies/United_Continental_merger/index.htm?hpt=T2

Well, admittedly, that's pretty disastrous, I guess.

Ben
05-03-2010, 02:18 AM

Someone watches too much 24!

Taxman
05-03-2010, 06:40 PM

In both cases, the devices comprised cylinders of propane gas and cans full of petrol intended to be ignited by electronic detonators. :rofl:

Beep Beep!
05-03-2010, 10:03 PM
So there's been an arrest.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/04/nyregion/04bomb.html?hp

Federal agents and police detectives arrested a Connecticut man, a naturalized United States citizen from Pakistan, early Tuesday in connection with the failed Times Square car bombing, according to people briefed on the investigation.

The man, Faisal Shahzad, was believed to have recently bought the 1993 Nissan Pathfinder that was found loaded with gasoline, propane, fireworks and fertilizer in the heart of Times Square, one of the people briefed on the development said.

Mr. Shahzad was taken into custody at Kennedy Airport, apparently trying to flee, one of the people said. Charges against Mr. Shahzad, who had returned recently from a trip to Pakistan, were not announced.

Heroic Age Moe
05-04-2010, 06:24 AM
I'm sure glad they caught Mr Shahzad before he flew back to the Middle East. Now maybe we can find out what parts of the Healthcare Bill he doesn't like.

Ray G.
05-04-2010, 09:28 AM
I'm sure glad they caught Mr Shahzad before he flew back to the Middle East. Now maybe we can find out what parts of the Healthcare Bill he doesn't like.

Bloomberg has really lost it. :(

Heroic Age Moe
05-04-2010, 09:59 AM
Bloomberg has really lost it. :(

Yeah, well on the bright side this will be another chance for everyone in the media to say Muslims are just peachy, religion of peace etc etc etc.

I love the "he's a moron" meme they are trying to spread.

Ray G.
05-04-2010, 10:07 AM
Yeah, well on the bright side this will be another chance for everyone in the media to say Muslims are just peachy, religion of peace etc etc etc.

I love the "he's a moron" meme they are trying to spread.

He does seem like he kind of flunked out of Al Qaeda Tech, much like the Undies Bomber.

These guys are probably freelance terrorists, not Al Qaeda agents, but the danger is that sooner or later, one of them is going to use a technology they don't manage to screw up.

Heroic Age Moe
05-04-2010, 10:20 AM
He does seem like he kind of flunked out of Al Qaeda Tech, much like the Undies Bomber.

These guys are probably freelance terrorists, not Al Qaeda agents, but the danger is that sooner or later, one of them is going to use a technology they don't manage to screw up.

His house is in foreclosure. Here we go...