PDA

View Full Version : Info About CRICKET Phones And Service (And BOOST), Please?

Caley Tibbittz
03-26-2010, 11:21 AM
I'm trying to help my girlfriend pick a new cell phone (right now she only has a shared landline). We talk a lot in the mornings, so any company whose unlimited minutes are only in the evening is pretty useless for her. This pretty much narrows it to Cricket and Boost Mobile.

Cricket is $10 less per month for unlimited, with a wider selection of phones. So, I'm looking at the Cricket $40/month Unlimited plan for her. Anyone here have that? Are you happy with your service? I'm especially looking for any Portland boarders who have this service, since she lives just outside Portland in the Fairview/Gresham area.

Also, how do you like your phone? I'm looking at the LG HELiX, because she wants a clamshell-style speaker phone. Also, it comes it pink.

...or should she go with Boost instead?

Jason California
03-26-2010, 11:24 AM
Boost runs on Sprints network. I have never used them though.

Caley Tibbittz
03-26-2010, 03:13 PM
Should I take this to mean there's not a lot of Cricket and/or Boost users 'round these parts?

Dylan
03-26-2010, 03:31 PM
As the sole vote for "other" I guess I should share.

Cricket's service is awful. Outside of Portland, I couldn't get any reception/signal. Not poor service, no service. One time, I was on a greyhound bus (around the Salem area), along with a freshly-released from a 7-year prison stint passenger who was threatening another handicapped passenger and I couldn't get my phone to work (1 1/2 hours out of Portland).

One of their customer support reps once responded to a question of mine regarding internet service with "Inoknow."

Going into a Cricket store is always a zoo-like experience. I don't think I've ever been in one where three or more customers weren't yelling at them for something. The people who work at those places do not give a shit (I don't really blame them, it seems as though they are just thrown to the wolves).

T-Mobile has been the best service I have ever had. Especially if you get a plan that has a flex account option. I can't recommend them enough.

Jason California
03-26-2010, 03:37 PM
I love T-Mobile and have never had enough reason to leave for the higher priced fancier outfits.

Caley Tibbittz
03-26-2010, 06:54 PM
Thanks guys. I am now looking at the T-Mobile plans.