PDA

View Full Version : I had septoplasty & tonsilectomy surgery on Friday

ScottWilliams
03-23-2010, 04:03 PM
For those of you who are not in "the know", this means I had my deviated septum corrected and my tonsils removed.

It's not the best feeling in the world and for anyone who may ever undergo the opertion(s), if you get liquid percoset - there is no tylenol in it.

My wife made the mistake of not letting me have tylenol because she thought percoset had tylenol in it already and if I had too much tylenol it would thin my blood and cause me to start bleeding badly from the surgical incision sites.

In her defense, percoset in pill form does contain tylenol, however as I mentioned above, there is none present in liquid percoset. I spent the better portion of the weekend with a constant severe headache until she stumbled upon the truth.

Another great piece of advice for anyone going through this...

GET A HUMIDIFIER AND SLEEP RIGHT NEXT TO IT.

When you have a deviated septum corrected they leave these little braces in your nose for the first week which make it pretty difficult to breath through your nose as you sleep. This leads to a constant breathing through your mouth, which dries out your throat and tongue terribly.

Even with a humidifier your tongue and throat will still dry out a bit but it's nearly unbearable without it.

I get these "braces" or whatever they call them removed on Friday and I can't wait. They are very annoying and have made my nose very tender to the touch.:sad:

I am now done complaining. For now.

Jason California
03-23-2010, 04:10 PM
Hopefully you are better soon. Be strong Steve.

ScottWilliams
03-23-2010, 04:43 PM
I feel okay right now which is good. But if I were starring in TRIBAL Studios like Kid Intense I think it would be better for sure.

Jason California
03-23-2010, 04:45 PM
I feel okay right now which is good. But if I were starring in TRIBAL Studios like Kid Intense I think it would be better for sure.

Maybe you and kidintense can collaborate on something.