PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me some web publishing software.

CapnChaos
03-08-2010, 08:36 AM
I am trying to get my website rebuilt. I have the thing designed in photoshop, so I know how I want it to look. I have nearly all my graphics drawn and colored. But while I know the very rudiments of html, I can't understand any of the instructions for something like wordpress/comicpress. They're obviously written for someone farther along than I.

Is there a web design program that allows you to drop and drag things or that works much like quark or photoshop that someone can recommend me? Or is there such a thing?

panco
03-08-2010, 09:00 AM
People usually use Adode Dreamweaver, but that's not that friendly since some knowledge of HTML will be needed from time to times.

You should put a sneak peak of your design here to see if can be done ith an existing Wordpress theme that you would modify.

Dreaded Anomaly
03-08-2010, 09:09 AM
People usually use Adode Dreamweaver, but that's not that friendly since some knowledge of HTML will be needed from time to times.

You should put a sneak peak of your design here to see if can be done ith an existing Wordpress theme that you would modify.

I can tell you that Dreamweaver requires no knowledge of HTML whatsoever (although it certainly helps). I can tell you this because my aunt, who is barely capable of finding the power button on her computer, uses it to maintain her swim team website. It can be used entirely as a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get - an oft-used acronym for drag-and-drop-type programs).

Or, you could look at this as an opportunity for growth, and learn HTML! http://www.w3schools.com :)

CapnChaos
03-08-2010, 09:19 AM

That might work. I'll finish putting together the last few things at the office tomorrow and put it up for folks.

I can tell you that Dreamweaver requires no knowledge of HTML whatsoever (although it certainly helps). I can tell you this because my aunt, who is barely capable of finding the power button on her computer, uses it to maintain her swim team website. It can be used entirely as a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get - an oft-used acronym for drag-and-drop-type programs).

Or, you could look at this as an opportunity for growth, and learn HTML! http://www.w3schools.com :)

I took an html class at a local college last semester, but it didn't teach me much. I'm going back for more instruction soon. I'll definitely check out that website.

I was trying to use Dreamweaver and couldn't get it to do what I wanted. Maybe a newer version would work better.