PDA

View Full Version : Deep Fried Twinkies.

Donal DeLay
03-07-2010, 05:57 PM
meh.

Not as awesome as I was led to believe.

TIP
03-07-2010, 06:04 PM
:shifty:

Kedd
03-07-2010, 06:04 PM
How's your heart feel?

RyanP
03-07-2010, 06:05 PM
meh.

I agree. I only had them once and I'm not sure if the place knew what they were doing. I'd try them again, but it's nothing I try to find when we go out to eat.

Donal DeLay
03-07-2010, 06:12 PM
How's your heart feel? Good. How's yours?

I agree. I only had them once and I'm not sure if the place knew what they were doing. I'd try them again, but it's nothing I try to find when we go out to eat.

It was okay. It was like a funnel cake wrapped twinkie.

I got it at the Florida Strawberry Festival. They also had deep fried candy bars (snickers, Milky Way, Reeses) Deep fried BUTTER. Yeah, butter. And I over heard one guy say that every booth that sold it was sold out.

And deep fried PEPSI. It was a ball of dough injected with pepsi, and deep fried. I should have tried that, but I was sold on "not worth it" after the twinkie.

Kurt Russell Crowe
03-07-2010, 06:17 PM
The only uncommon deep fried thin I've had is Oreos. Pretty good.

RyanP
03-07-2010, 06:38 PM
Good. How's yours?

It was okay. It was like a funnel cake wrapped twinkie.

I got it at the Florida Strawberry Festival. They also had deep fried candy bars (snickers, Milky Way, Reeses) Deep fried BUTTER. Yeah, butter. And I over heard one guy say that every booth that sold it was sold out.

And deep fried PEPSI. It was a ball of dough injected with pepsi, and deep fried. I should have tried that, but I was sold on "not worth it" after the twinkie.

How the hell do you deep fry butter? Deep fried pepsi just sounds terrible, good call on passing it up.

tonym
03-07-2010, 06:46 PM
aw, you've ruined my hopes and dreams :(

Ultimate Lurker
03-07-2010, 07:30 PM
Milky Way is pretty good.

gaspar
03-07-2010, 07:55 PM
There used to be a restaurant here that had deep fried Twinkies on their regular dessert menu. I agree, they were ok. Nothing special. The Twinkie itself sort of melts away/gets mushy...I think because the creamy center melts and absorbs into the Twinkie dough. It's worth trying if you haven't had it, but it'll most likely be a slight letdown.

bradical
03-07-2010, 08:38 PM
someone's been to the strawberry festival.

deep fried butter. not that i've tried it.

Natty P
03-07-2010, 11:25 PM
I agree. All of that stuff (Oreos, snickers etc) granted it's good, but not as transcendentally awesome as you hear or hope.

MabusRex
03-08-2010, 04:58 AM
Deep.
Fried.
Snickers.

*drool*

Mookie Blaylock
03-08-2010, 05:55 AM
Ha, I was there too this weekend. My wife had a chocolate covered slice of cheesecake on a stick.

Donal DeLay
03-08-2010, 12:55 PM
I also went on that DROP ZONE ride (where it raises you about 50-100ft slowly, pauses, then just plummets to the ground for a stop) and it also was not what Ihoped.

Fun minute and a half, but the sudden zero-G drop and slamming into my seat was like a taint punch because of landing on that hard plastic seat nub that goes between your legs.

I got taint punched by a carnival ride.

Marcdachamp
03-08-2010, 01:03 PM

The oreos are fantastic.

Ryan Elliott
03-08-2010, 01:07 PM
The oreos are fantastic.

I've had them too.

It was...interesting.

Mikie
03-08-2010, 01:08 PM

Those are easy to do at home as well.

Mikie
03-08-2010, 01:10 PM
I also went on that DROP ZONE ride (where it raises you about 50-100ft slowly, pauses, then just plummets to the ground for a stop) and it also was not what Ihoped.

Fun minute and a half, but the sudden zero-G drop and slamming into my seat was like a taint punch because of landing on that hard plastic seat nub that goes between your legs.

I got taint punched by a carnival ride.

You need to put that on a tee shirt

Matthew Brown
03-08-2010, 01:13 PM
Deep.
Fried.
Snickers.

*drool*

Yeah, damn I want one of those.

Adam Beranek
03-08-2010, 01:21 PM
The Infield has a Fried Twinkie hot dog....so good. It is a fried twinkie upside down and used as the bun for a Dodger dog topped with spray cheese and powder sugar with an extra fried twinkie on the side. It was so good.

gaspar
03-08-2010, 01:27 PM
The Infield has a Fried Twinkie hot dog....so good. It is a fried twinkie upside down and used as the bun for a Dodger dog topped with spray cheese and powder sugar with an extra fried twinkie on the side. It was so good.

What. The. Fuck.?!

That sounds so horrible and so delicious. I need one ASAP!

gaspar
03-08-2010, 01:35 PM
If anyone lives near Fremont, CA...check this out:
The Deep Fried Twinky & Pastrami Shop (http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-deep-fried-twinky-and-pastrami-shop-fremont)
Looks like they'll batter and fry up just about anything!

Adam Beranek
03-08-2010, 01:37 PM
What. The. Fuck.?!

That sounds so horrible and so delicious. I need one ASAP!

Corner of Beverly Glen and Ventura Blvd in the Valley.

I will trade you one for some Rudy's brisket and a loaf of bread.

gaspar
03-08-2010, 01:44 PM

If I could ship it to you I would. I have a Rudy's literally 3 blocks from my apt...I LOVE that place, so I understand your situation.

Next time you're in town hit me up.

Jen Grunwald
03-08-2010, 01:57 PM
meh.

The ones at the Chip Shop in Brooklyn are awesome. The cut it in half put it on a plate of raspberry sauce and sprinkle powdered sugar on top. Makes it more classy. ;-) And delicious!!

I didn't really get into the deep fried chocolate stuff they had though, too sweet.

:rogue:

Superior Kiai
03-08-2010, 01:58 PM
Two, please.

Adam Beranek
03-08-2010, 02:05 PM
If I could ship it to you I would. I have a Rudy's literally 3 blocks from my apt...I LOVE that place, so I understand your situation.

Next time you're in town hit me up.

Kick ass!

ClintP
03-08-2010, 03:46 PM
Just had a regular one. Why mess with sucess?

CapnChaos
03-08-2010, 04:18 PM

Soooo... a fried version of the Twinkie Weiner Sandwich from UHF. Do you dunk yours in milk?

I found out there's a wings place near where I work that has fried Snickers. Very curious about trying one out.

ClintP
03-08-2010, 04:27 PM

I work directly across the street from a rudy's.

Mikie
03-10-2010, 06:15 PM

Just reading that made my colon shudder.

GelfXIII
03-10-2010, 06:21 PM
This one time, I had DEEP FRIED CHICKEN! It was really good. Also DEEP FRIED FISH. Damn, I remember that taste like it was yesterday. *sigh*. I've heard tell that in some places you can actually get DEEP FRIED POTATOES! Do you believe it? Me neither, but someday, if I actually see it I am TOTALLY going to try it!