PDA

View Full Version : When did you start raising the bar, agewise, for women you'd like to pull?

WinterRose
03-07-2010, 12:09 AM
So... I'm looking through the membership of a group going to Frolicon to see if there's people I'd like to get to know so I don't do my classic "I went to the con and kept to myself cos I don't know anyone there." routine. Paying attention to localities, gender and age so if we hit it off and wanna play later, they're not too far away to visit every now an again.

And I find myself... LOOKING at women in their younger 20's initially. But after looking, cos hey, looking's free and I'm a male that does like the sight of a pretty woman... I find myself giving their pages a nod and a smile and moving on.

My current GF will be turning 30 this year. Which is JUST this side of tolerable for me, interaction-wise. Late 20's is almost too young for me now. I talk to my GF about how I saw TRON twice in the theater back in the day, and she can't relate. I was 9. She was 1. She loves the movie, but when I was having nightmares about nuclear war in the 6th grade, she was in diapers.

Happily, she's a mature 30. And I'm a young 38. (Frequently mistaken for being in my late 20's usually.) So it evens out with us. So while I'm looking for people to meet, associate or possibly play with, I find myself gravitating more toward people in their 30's. People who aren't filled with young crazy. People I don't have to explain things/movies/music/anything to.

People who aren't going to go "Dude... you're old." when I talk about watching the old Robotech and Captain Harlock cartoons I'd set my VCR to record when I got home from school. I don't mind so much getting old, but I don't much want to associate with people who are gonna tease me about it. People who have well and truly left that high school and college mindset behind and got on with the business of being adults. Who know how to play and have fun like adults without my having to worry about their maturity.

It's one of those things that happens, and you didn't realize it had happened til you catch yourself behaving that way. My tastes in women have progressed more into my age group. I still relate well with people 26 and up. But any younger than that, and I start feeling like a tutor or a babysitter.

If this has happened to you, when did you begin to notice?

SteveFlack
03-07-2010, 12:15 AM
This is all an act, right?

Jason California
03-07-2010, 12:41 AM
I had better things to dream about than nuclear war when I was a kid. I had to debate the value of nukes in the 4th grade though. That is when I learned about mutally assured destruction.

Treacle
03-07-2010, 12:41 AM
Ummm...okay?

Jason California
03-07-2010, 12:45 AM
Something to keep in mind. Most 38 year olds are not dating people younger than 26

Jason California
03-07-2010, 12:51 AM
Wait a second. You go to a con for people that want to be sexually uninhibited, and then don't get to the sexually liberated part because you don't meet people? Does it become voyeuristic for you?

sbeasley
03-07-2010, 02:59 AM
Sometimes, you just need to watch while a butch lady truck driver takes a tranny in the ass with a strapon.

panco
03-07-2010, 03:05 AM
Sometimes, you just need to watch while a butch lady truck driver takes a tranny in the ass with a strapon.

"Amen. That's how I finally cracked the meaning of life".

;-)

BWC Boston
03-07-2010, 05:38 AM
Probably around the same time I realized biodegradable women need love, too. Even if their code IS buggy, haha, ROFL, am I right?

TIP
03-07-2010, 08:29 AM
Pull like drawn and quartered?

panco
03-07-2010, 08:31 AM
Pull like drawn and quartered?

No he just want his bar to be pulled by older women.

TIP
03-07-2010, 08:32 AM
No he just want his bar to be pulled by older women.

Ah...so Not like that scene from The Hitcher?

DAVE
03-07-2010, 08:34 AM
When you say you talked to your girlfriend about seeing Tron, you mean that your girlfriend is Tron, don't you?

Gordon Chumway
03-07-2010, 08:47 AM
This reminds me of the time I saw Helen Keller pitch for Boston against the Yankees.

Caley Tibbittz
03-07-2010, 08:50 AM
Once I hit 26 (I'm 28 now), I pretty quickly realized there was almost no one in the world younger than me that I wanted to talk to, let alone date. Which I think helps explain why my girlfriend is 43.

I really have no interest in "pulling" her, though...:mistrust:

panco
03-07-2010, 08:52 AM
Ah...so Not like that scene from The Hitcher?

Haven't seen The Hitcher ;-). But more like every fucking scene in the Graduate ;-).

NathanDetroit
03-07-2010, 09:08 AM
if you're trying to go for older women, wouldn't that be lowering the bar?

btw, if you're worried about sounding old, you may not want to use the term "pull" when it comes to meeting women. makes you sound like a dirty old perv. well, maybe not a perv so much, but definitely old. really, really old.

RickLM
03-07-2010, 09:10 AM
I married a 22-year-old, so I win. (I was 23.)

Rod Nunley
03-07-2010, 09:19 AM
if you're trying to go for older women, wouldn't that be lowering the bar?

btw, if you're worried about sounding old, you may not want to use the term "pull" when it comes to meeting women. makes you sound like a dirty old perv. well, maybe not a perv so much, but definitely old. really, really old.

He's trying very hard to sound British by using that term I think.

It isn't working though.

Also ... I wonder if he ever settled the whole electric bill issue thing with this girlfriend and the other housemates. It would seem weird to go to a convention designed to meet other women when you're still bickering with your woman about the light bill.

Kedd
03-07-2010, 09:51 AM
During my middle 20's I went thru a period of being hit on by much younger women a lot more than I was comfortable. Part of it had to do with the fact that I guess I looked much younger than I was at the time. I'm now old and haggard so it doesn't happen as much. The point is: It's an incredibly disquieting feeling to be a 25 year old man having 17 and 18 year old girls flirting with you at Wal-mart.

DAVE
03-07-2010, 09:58 AM
Pardon me, me ol muckah, I reckon I'm about to pull this bird I saw and give 'er a jolly good rodgering coz she's a right fit ol' tonk brair. I'm gonna put on me trainers and light this torch that I bought for a fiver. Bollocks, this British slang seems a bit dodgy coming from someone in North Carolina.

mike black
03-07-2010, 10:01 AM
¿Podría alguien traducir esto para mí? No me gustaría de invierno aumentó en un inconveniente hablar en un idioma que está familiarizado.

R0cketFr0g
03-07-2010, 10:05 AM
¿Podría alguien traducir esto para mí? No me gustaría de invierno aumentó en un inconveniente hablar en un idioma que está familiarizado.

Well played sir.

Treacle
03-07-2010, 10:27 AM
I just read this again, and I'm starting to wonder how you're defining "mature."

To me, a mature 38 year old owns his own house (or at least lives in his own apartment...alone), has a full time job, is able to pay his bills, doesn't pick fights over $5, and is able to prioritize needs over wants.

Speaking as a 25 year old who is (thankfully) ineligible for your pull, I don't care if the guy I'm dating grew up watching the same movies as I did or had the same nightmares as me.

I do like for him to be on the same page as me professionally and career-wise though, and even though you were a teenager when I was born...you're definitely not.

Just my .02.

Jason California
03-07-2010, 10:31 AM
I would pay at least a nickel for that.

mike black
03-07-2010, 10:33 AM
I just read this again, and I'm starting to wonder how you're defining "mature."

To me, a mature 38 year old owns his own house (or at least lives in his own apartment...alone), has a full time job, is able to pay his bills, doesn't pick fights over $5, and is able to prioritize needs over wants.

Speaking as a 25 year old who is (thankfully) ineligible for your pull, I don't care if the guy I'm dating grew up watching the same movies as I did or had the same nightmares as me.

I do like for him to be on the same page as me professionally and career-wise though, and even though you were a teenager when I was born...you're definitely not.

Just my .02.

Personally, I'm 25 and I like to bang college girls who don't know that I'm a useless piece of shit.

But to each their own. ;)

R0cketFr0g
03-07-2010, 10:37 AM

Just my .02.

I pretty much second this. I'm one of the most Peter-Pan syndrome, emotionally stunted fucks I know, but at 39, I have been married a few years, own a home, and know better than to have a blowout over $5.

That being said, please don't ever change WR!

R0cketFr0g
03-07-2010, 10:40 AM
Personally, I'm 25 and I like to bang college girls who don't know that I'm a useless piece of shit.

But to each their own. ;)

If things ever went south and I got divorced, I could see myself trending back in that direction for a while. Not that most college chicks would be looking for an old dude, but I could spend a few pathetic months giving it a go.

That's what daddy issues are for.

:)

Treacle
03-07-2010, 10:41 AM
I pretty much second this. I'm one of the most Peter-Pan syndrome, emotionally stunted fucks I know, but at 39, I have been married a few years, own a home, and know better than to have a blowout over $5.

What's a WR?

Edit: Never mind. :Oops:

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
03-07-2010, 10:42 AM
If things ever went south and I got divorced, I could see myself trending back in that direction for a while. Not that most college chicks would be looking for an old dude, but I could spend a few pathetic months giving it a go.

mike black
03-07-2010, 10:51 AM

Daddy issues and the fact that I dress like a biker - Getting me laid since 1997.

WinterRose
03-07-2010, 10:54 AM

Just my .02.

Geez, lady. I didn't know I'd pissed in your cornflakes. I was just musing. Nevermind. I wasn't... gosh, I don't even know what I wasn't doing that has you upset with me. But there was no need to get that kinda personal.

Jason California
03-07-2010, 10:56 AM
Geez, lady. I didn't know I'd pissed in your cornflakes. I was just musing. Nevermind. I wasn't... gosh, I don't even know what I wasn't doing that has you upset with me. But there was no need to get that kinda personal.

Why the hell do you post this stuff if you don't expect or want commentary made of it?

mike black
03-07-2010, 10:57 AM
Why the hell do you post this stuff if you don't expect or want commentary made of it?

http://300gp.ovh.net/~cattia/Photos/news/02_05_07/Attention.gif

Jason California
03-07-2010, 10:59 AM
http://300gp.ovh.net/%7Ecattia/Photos/news/02_05_07/Attention.gif

That's what he got.

mike black
03-07-2010, 11:00 AM
That's what he got.

I don't think he was expecting everyone to jump his shit.

WinterRose
03-07-2010, 11:02 AM

Really, there wasn't any kind of hidden agenda. I was just wondering if other people had noticed they were less attracted to people outside of their age group as I had. I didn't expect people to bring up an argument with my girlfriend I had 2 weeks ago, or some kind of bitter rant I spouted off on in an entirely different thread, or my professional situation. I figure that was kind of off-topic, personal and uncalled for.

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
03-07-2010, 11:04 AM
Really, there wasn't any kind of hidden agenda. I was just wondering if other people had noticed they were less attracted to people outside of their age group as I had. I didn't expect people to bring up an argument with my girlfriend I had 2 weeks ago, or some kind of bitter rant I spouted off on in an entirely different thread, or my professional situation. I figure that was kind of off-topic, personal and uncalled for.

So you really go out looking for a "pull"? :lol:

R0cketFr0g
03-07-2010, 11:08 AM

Cuz that never happens here.

R0cketFr0g
03-07-2010, 11:09 AM

Wink Wink, nudge nudge?

BriRedfern
03-07-2010, 11:11 AM
Daddy issues and the fact that I dress like a biker - Getting me laid since 1997.

What, like speedos and a yellow bracelet?

Jason California
03-07-2010, 11:12 AM

I really don't see why not. Plus, if you are going to put it out there like that you have to be aware that some are going to give it back. It does not help that he talks with an air of superiority.

R0cketFr0g
03-07-2010, 11:12 AM

They ask to touch his Peloton.

Queen of the Ban Age
03-07-2010, 11:15 AM

Namor?

Jason California
03-07-2010, 11:16 AM

You post personal information about yourself and your life on the board. In doing so you create a context for board members to use when reading you various rants and monolouges. You really should not be surprised when people connect the dots from previous ramblings to your current post and tell you how they perceive it. She said nothing wrong, and you are pretty weak if you can not handle it.

Treacle
03-07-2010, 11:23 AM

Dude. I'm not even close to upset with you.

You made a post about the maturity level of people under 26.

I responded by wondering about what kind of "maturity" you're referring to.

As other folks have said, don't post about your personal life if you don't want commentary on it.

mike black
03-07-2010, 11:23 AM

Chicks LOVE Livestrong.

Treacle
03-07-2010, 11:25 AM
I really don't see why not. Plus, if you are going to put it out there like that you have to be aware that some are going to give it back. It does not help that he talks with an air of superiority.

Basically.

I mean, it happens to me all the dadgum time. :)

BriRedfern
03-07-2010, 11:28 AM
Chicks LOVE Livestrong.

They totally do.

And speedos.

mike black
03-07-2010, 11:30 AM
They totally do.

And speedos.

I have a crotchless pair. It does wonders for my ass.

R0cketFr0g
03-07-2010, 12:13 PM
I have a crotchless pair. It does wonders for my ass.

They go well with your assless chaps, don't they?

mike black
03-07-2010, 12:25 PM
They go well with your assless chaps, don't they?

I like to call 'em my "strike zone".

WinterRose
03-07-2010, 12:36 PM

As far as that 5 dollar thing goes? We've talked it through and apologized to one another. We were both feeling stressed about all kinds of things that day, and the fight was about everything BUT that 5 dollar thing really. We've since communicated, got it sorted and moved on to happier things. Even the money situation has changed for the better. So that's a cool thing.

R0cketFr0g
03-07-2010, 12:41 PM
As far as that 5 dollar thing goes? We've talked it through and apologized to one another. We were both feeling stressed about all kinds of things that day, and the fight was about everything BUT that 5 dollar thing really. We've since communicated, got it sorted and moved on to happier things. Even the money situation has changed for the better. So that's a cool thing.

Good to hear. That was a pretty foolish thing to have a row over.

Lord Jermaine Retail
03-07-2010, 12:50 PM

Just my .02.

I was trying not to do this, since its my problem, but yours is like the second most distracting sig going today. I mean, what's going on there? I assume that the cobra is defanged, but I have no way of knowing that. It just messes with me!

The Hodag
03-07-2010, 12:54 PM
I was trying not to do this, since its my problem, but yours is like the second most distracting sig going today. I mean, what's going on there? I assume that the cobra is defanged, but I have no way of knowing that. It just messes with me!

Yeah, it always freaks me out, too. I sorta figured Treacle would be the last person to have, uh, a baby being menaced by a cobra in her sig.

Jason California
03-07-2010, 01:00 PM
Don't be racist people. That is a perfectly acceptable way to raise your kid in India or some such.

WinterRose
03-07-2010, 01:02 PM

Really? No. I don't feel that I 'need' people. I do like companionship, but am fine without. Every now and again, I like looking for people to play with. I spent a good stretch after a 17 year relationship by myself, and I fear it's made me strange in a way I don't like. So I'm trying to be a more sociable person nowadays so I don't turn into some cantankerous old fart.

But I've never been one for a bar or a club 'scene'. I've always felt that in situations like that, you're not so much seeing a person as much as an advertisement for what that person wants you to perceive them as. I'd always rather get to really know a person. Actually talk with them instead of a social facade.

R0cketFr0g
03-07-2010, 01:04 PM
I've always felt that in situations like that, you're not so much seeing a person as much as an advertisement for what that person wants you to perceive them as. I'd always rather get to really know a person. Actually talk with them instead of a social facade.

Interesting...

Jason California
03-07-2010, 01:18 PM
But I've never been one for a bar or a club 'scene'. I've always felt that in situations like that, you're not so much seeing a person as much as an advertisement for what that person wants you to perceive them as. I'd always rather get to really know a person. Actually talk with them instead of a social facade.

Lets say you go to a bar (I am not a club person. Not big on packed noisy locations) and you see a girl that catches your fancy. Now lets say you go talk to her and the 2 of you get on well and a conversation ensues. What differentiates the talk from something else? How do you know the social facade is not on?

Lord Jermaine Retail
03-07-2010, 01:29 PM

I don't know about any of that, but what I do know is that you didn't say a word to me at Howlett and Red's thing. And unless it was a joke I didn't understand, you tried to leave without paying your bill. Which meant that we at the table would have had to pay your bill. Apparently you were in your car with the seat belt buckled when you were retrieved, but maybe that was just dedication to the prank. Or social facade. ;)

But that face-to-face and what I read here from you is all I have to go on.

WhindamPryce
03-07-2010, 01:37 PM
Don't be racist people. That is a perfectly acceptable way to raise your kid in India or some such.

I can vouch for this.

http://umpbump.com/press/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/nbc_the_more_you_know.jpg

mike black
03-07-2010, 01:38 PM
I don't know about any of that, but what I do know is that you didn't say a word to me at Howlett and Red's thing. And unless it was a joke I didn't understand, you tried to leave without paying your bill. Which meant that we at the table would have had to pay your bill. Apparently you were in your car with the seat belt buckled when you were retrieved, but maybe that was just dedication to the prank. Or social facade. ;)

http://www.woahmyspace.com/Images/Owned/images/owned_0952.jpg

R0cketFr0g
03-07-2010, 01:41 PM

Did the waiter's kid bring the check over?

WinterRose
03-07-2010, 01:44 PM
You post personal information about yourself and your life on the board. In doing so you create a context for board members to use when reading you various rants and monolouges. You really should not be surprised when people connect the dots from previous ramblings to your current post and tell you how they perceive it. She said nothing wrong, and you are pretty weak if you can not handle it.

True enough. But that was pretty cold bringing up petty stuff from posts a week or so ago. You can see why someone would take that personally, right?

And Treacle. It was more a matter of stating my preferences for an off-the-cuff meeting. One of the most intelligent and mature people I ever met was a mere 19 when I lived up in Seattle. Age really isn't a clear indicator of maturity. It's really an intangible concept relative to the person trying to perceive it.

I suppose I was more referring to how an age gap can reduce compatibility in a relationship. Then kinda lumped in the somewhat volatile subject of relative maturity into that paragraph. It was meant as no personal across the board comment about the maturity of 26 year olds as a whole. Hell, as I understand it, 26 is the age where the brain is finally fully developed into adulthood in the biological sense.

Jason California
03-07-2010, 01:51 PM
True enough. But that was pretty cold bringing up petty stuff from posts a week or so ago. You can see why someone would take that personally, right?

And Treacle. It was more a matter of stating my preferences for an off-the-cuff meeting. One of the most intelligent and mature people I ever met was a mere 19 when I lived up in Seattle. Age really isn't a clear indicator of maturity. It's really an intangible concept relative to the person trying to perceive it.

I suppose I was more referring to how an age gap can reduce compatibility in a relationship. Then kinda lumped in the somewhat volatile subject of relative maturity into that paragraph. It was meant as no personal across the board comment about the maturity of 26 year olds as a whole. Hell, as I understand it, 26 is the age where the brain is finally fully developed into adulthood in the biological sense.

I can see why it would bother you. It does not make you look good. I totally get that.

She was reading your post and asked you a question based on the wording you used. It was not made to be a personal jab at you. It was made to get clarification because the words you used did not fit in line with what she had perceived from you in the past.

And you are crazy if you don't think ideas from one thread can bleed into another, especially when the topic at hand is the same poster. These things do not happen in a vacuum Winter.

MIKE D
03-07-2010, 01:51 PM

I guess this is a bad time to mention this, but I plan on bringing up the five dollar thing constantly.

BriRedfern
03-07-2010, 01:52 PM

http://www.woahmyspace.com/Images/Owned/images/owned_0952.jpg

Man, I love this place.

Boris the Blade
03-07-2010, 01:52 PM
After I turned 18 I limited it to sixteen and over.

Lest I get arrested.

I think that the legal age in Ontario, it used to be 14.

mike black
03-07-2010, 01:53 PM
Man, I love this place.

The board gods have truly blessed us this day.

WinterRose
03-07-2010, 01:58 PM
Lets say you go to a bar (I am not a club person. Not big on packed noisy locations) and you see a girl that catches your fancy. Now lets say you go talk to her and the 2 of you get on well and a conversation ensues. What differentiates the talk from something else? How do you know the social facade is not on?

Well, I suppose I don't really. The degree to which her facade is successful I suppose depends on how much it convinces me I'm actually speaking to HER. Or makes me think she's someone I'd like to know better. Not how she'd like to be perceived in a social envrionment like a bar or a club.

BriRedfern
03-07-2010, 02:01 PM
The board gods have truly blessed us this day.

Between this and all the interrelated threads and the Omnibus sale, its like baby jesus's dirty diaper is posting from its home in Dubrovnik. Yeah, its actually there.

Its the shit.

mike black
03-07-2010, 02:02 PM
Well, I suppose I don't really. The degree to which her facade is successful I suppose depends on how much it convinces me I'm actually speaking to HER. Or makes me think she's someone I'd like to know better. Not how she'd like to be perceived in a social envrionment like a bar or a club.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/172/480079440_5b0df17847.jpg?v=0

mike black
03-07-2010, 02:03 PM
Between this and all the interrelated threads and the Omnibus sale, its like baby jesus's dirty diaper is posting from its home in Dubrovnik. Yeah, its actually there.

Its the shit.

I feel like the board's been giving me humor head for the past few hours.

My blue balls are enormous.

R0cketFr0g
03-07-2010, 02:05 PM
I guess this is a bad time to mention this, but I plan on bringing up the five dollar thing constantly.

:rofl:ita

WinterRose
03-07-2010, 02:08 PM

I'm sorry I didn't speak to you guys at Howlett's thing. In person I am somewhat shy. I did speak with the people near enough to me to speak with. I seem to remember someone with a hat like yours pretty far down the table from me. I'd have probably had to shout, which I'd have found embarassing.

As for the bill thing... I got about 1/4th of a mile away in my car before realizing I'd not PAID for my bill. I immediately pulled an illegal u-turn and came back to pay for my bill. That's probably the most embarassing thing I've done in the last year. I don't remember the last time I was such a ditz. I'd had such a good time and had such a good meal that it entirely slipped my mind.

BriRedfern
03-07-2010, 02:08 PM
:rofl:ita

Sorry to interupt a perfectly servicable threaqd, but what does this mean? I see it a lot.

Raphael J
03-07-2010, 02:10 PM

I would also like to state that Mike speaks for all of us.

R0cketFr0g
03-07-2010, 02:12 PM
Sorry to interupt a perfectly servicable threaqd, but what does this mean? I see it a lot.

Just sort of a jokey meme from earlier in the last TIP thread. There was some internal strife going around with people being called/feeling old and some talk about Nabokov and Humbert Humbert. That was when I came upon the fact that the lol smiley could be followed by ita.

I know that doesn't sound like much, but it's been my longest lasting/farthest reaching bit, so it is what it is.

TIP
03-07-2010, 02:13 PM

Humbert Humbert wept!

R0cketFr0g
03-07-2010, 02:14 PM
Humbert Humbert wept!

It suffered HORRIBLY when I actually tried to 'splain it.

WinterRose
03-07-2010, 02:16 PM
And you are crazy if you don't think ideas from one thread can bleed into another, especially when the topic at hand is the same poster. These things do not happen in a vacuum Winter.

Now that's probably a problem on my part. I tend to compartmentalize to a large degree. A person I have a bad problem with in one thread is a person I'll speak entirely civilly to in another. So from thread to thread, using the golden rule, I tend to treat people as I'd like to be treated. So I don't bring up stuff from other threads or stuff from weeks ago.

To me, that's more effort than I really want to put into making any given point anyway. That's getting into research. Then I start thinking about the whole XKCD "I CAN'T COME TO BED! SOMEONE IS WRONG ON THE INTERNET!" strip and feel silly. That and there's so many people here on the Bendis Board with fluctuating names and avatars, I tend not to remember who's who at any given time.

So unless people tend to be mean in a way that the mods were involved, I tend not to remember specific individuals. So it surprises me when someone actually bothers to keep track of my posts from one thread to the next.

TIP
03-07-2010, 02:16 PM
It suffered HORRIBLY when I actually tried to 'splain it.

RocketFrog: The Loss of Bonk

WinterRose
03-07-2010, 02:17 PM
Annnd now the work filter prevents me from seeing pages 8 and 9. Whoopee...

mike black
03-07-2010, 02:19 PM
If we continue to curse in, Winter Rose won't be able to read that we're talking about him!

R0cketFr0g
03-07-2010, 02:19 PM
He should just get that work filter installed at home. The world would be a safer place.

TIP
03-07-2010, 02:20 PM
Hey, Rocky...watch me pull a rabbit out of my FUCKER, FUCKER, FUCKER!

TIP
03-07-2010, 02:20 PM
He should just get that work filter installed at home.

Wedded bliss.

Jason California
03-07-2010, 02:21 PM
Now that's probably a problem on my part. I tend to compartmentalize to a large degree. A person I have a bad problem with in one thread is a person I'll speak entirely civilly to in another. So from thread to thread, using the golden rule, I tend to treat people as I'd like to be treated. So I don't bring up stuff from other threads or stuff from weeks ago.

To me, that's more effort than I really want to put into making any given point anyway. That's getting into research. Then I start thinking about the whole XKCD "I CAN'T COME TO BED! SOMEONE IS WRONG ON THE INTERNET!" strip and feel silly. That and there's so many people here on the Bendis Board with fluctuating names and avatars, I tend not to remember who's who at any given time.

So unless people tend to be mean in a way that the mods were involved, I tend not to remember specific individuals. So it surprises me when someone actually bothers to keep track of my posts from one thread to the next.

Please. You are completely missing the point and attempting to make yourself a victim at the same time. She did nothing wrong. She was not attacking you at all. She asked you to clarify what maturity meant to you because you had shown yourself to be immature.

mike black
03-07-2010, 02:22 PM
hey, rocky...watch me pull a rabbit out of my fucker, fucker, fucker!

Crisis on Infinite Threads!

R0cketFr0g
03-07-2010, 02:23 PM
Crisis on Infinite Threads!

Watch me pull Blandy off the board.

:cry::cry:

mike black
03-07-2010, 02:24 PM
Watch me pull Blandy off the board.

Fun Fact! Kirk Cameron bares false witness.

TIP
03-07-2010, 02:25 PM
Watch me pull Blandy off the Bart.

:o

R0cketFr0g
03-07-2010, 02:26 PM
Fun Fact! Kirk Cameron bares false witness.

Jesus rode a dinosaur.

TIP
03-07-2010, 02:27 PM
Jesus rode a dinosaur.

Jesus Chrylser Drives a Dodge (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtZ8NMFhsG0)

mike black
03-07-2010, 02:28 PM
Jesus rode a dinosaur.

A stegadon bore his chariot.

Fuck. That would be aweosme.SOMEONE BRING ME A PICTURE OF A STEGADON PULLING A CHARIOT CARRYING JESUS NOW.

Jef UK
03-07-2010, 03:37 PM

Just my .02.

Be still my beating :heart: !

Magnum V.I.
03-07-2010, 03:59 PM
Just sort of a jokey meme from earlier in the last TIP thread. There was some internal strife going around with people being called/feeling old and some talk about Nabokov and Humbert Humbert. That was when I came upon the fact that the lol smiley could be followed by ita.

I know that doesn't sound like much, but it's been my longest lasting/farthest reaching bit, so it is what it is.
FYI, I did not figure it out until I started reading the thread and thought it was brilliant.

Then that guy had to ruin the joke!!! :mad:

Never change Missile Lizard. Never Change.

R0cketFr0g
03-07-2010, 04:09 PM
FYI, I did not figure it out until I started reading the thread and thought it was brilliant.

Then that guy had to ruin the joke!!! :mad:

Never change Missile Lizard. Never Change.

The TIPsters hugged it out 13.5 times and all was good in the world.
But there are some out there who feel that "considering the people involved" we can't Report in as mature adults. That really pushes my buttons and makes it tough to Moderate my feelings.

Magnum V.I.
03-07-2010, 04:14 PM
But there are some out there who feel that "considering the people involved" we can't Report in as mature adults. That really pushes my buttons and makes it tough to Moderate my feelings.

You shouldn't moderate your feelings ever. Let them grow wild and run free like your mane of pubic hair when it connects with your long beard.

I call that the German Hammock.

Jason California
03-07-2010, 04:18 PM

You do not have to moderate your feelings in order to say things that wont get you banned.

R0cketFr0g
03-07-2010, 04:21 PM
You do not have to moderate your feelings in order to say things that wont get you banned.

Should my words be Bland y?

Jason California
03-07-2010, 04:33 PM
Should my words be Bland y?

Ha! You overflow with wit sir!

I don't think I am bland on the board and dont hide my feelings.

Alex(sadly)Maleev
03-07-2010, 04:34 PM

Just my .02.

I didn't think we've met.

R0cketFr0g
03-07-2010, 04:36 PM
Ha! You overflow with wit sir!

I don't think I am bland on the board and dont hide my feelings.

But

Are you

Really

Telling the truth?

Jason California
03-07-2010, 04:39 PM
But

Are you

Really

Telling the truth?

At this moment, yes.

Treacle
03-07-2010, 04:43 PM

Yeah, it always freaks me out, too. I sorta figured Treacle would be the last person to have, uh, a baby being menaced by a cobra in her sig.

I wouldn't have a child being hurt by a cobra in my sig, of course, but if it's offensive, I'll remove it.

I just thought it was interesting and made me go "Whoa! WTF!" and so I put it up. :)

Briomega
03-07-2010, 04:46 PM
I'm 37 and wasn't having nightmares about nuclear war back then. You sure you aren't 58? :lol:

R0cketFr0g
03-07-2010, 04:51 PM
I'm 37 and wasn't having nightmares about nuclear war back then. You sure you aren't 58? :lol:

Dude, don't you remember The Day After?

I had a dream after that of walking through a gurgling stream. The stream was cold at first but then it got warmer.

My mom got me rubber sheets after that.

Briomega
03-07-2010, 04:53 PM
Dude, don't you remember The Day After?

I had a dream after that of walking through a gurgling stream. The stream was cold at first but then it got warmer.

My mom got me rubber sheets after that.

That movie fucking rocked. :)

Keith P.
03-07-2010, 05:13 PM
http://www.kraproom.com/pacman/aod/gallery/d/5456-1/creepy+thread.jpg

WinterRose
03-07-2010, 09:23 PM
Wait a second. You go to a con for people that want to be sexually uninhibited, and then don't get to the sexually liberated part because you don't meet people? Does it become voyeuristic for you?

*now that I'm home, I can read the whole thread.*

Not so much, no. I have fun. I met my current girlfriend there last year as a matter of fact. I just seem to be doing the more geeky side of the pansexual Sci Fi convention than the kinky side. I don't have much in common with the leather wearing whip and flogger wielding handcuff using crowd.

I'm taking steps to make more friends this year is all. Maybe playing with some people on their terms. It's a bit of a clique-ish affair at times. Insular. And I am something like two states away. I mean to melt the ice where I can and be less shy around folk.

It's silly, but kinky as I can be, I'm remarkably reserved around strangers. I had to learn to be an outgoing type. Once upon a time, I apologized for everything. To everyone. I was PAINfully shy. Nowadays, not so much. But my upbringing by reserved folk makes itself evident among hyper-uninhibited people. Something I'm trying to overcome.

WinterRose
03-07-2010, 09:30 PM
When you say you talked to your girlfriend about seeing Tron, you mean that your girlfriend is Tron, don't you?

Nooo I mean she and I watched it a few nights ago. SHE put it in the player, not me. To give you an idea, she came to the bathroom while I was showering with her little laptop to show me the new lightcycle design. "Yeah! I've seen that. Did I not show you the trailer for that? I thought I did!" "There's a trailer?" So after my shower I pull it up on quicktime for her. We had a lovely mutual geeksquee over it.

And if I had a program girlfriend, she'd look like Yori did. Not Tron. I'm het.

WinterRose
03-07-2010, 09:34 PM
He's trying very hard to sound British by using that term I think.

It isn't working though.

Also ... I wonder if he ever settled the whole electric bill issue thing with this girlfriend and the other housemates. It would seem weird to go to a convention designed to meet other women when you're still bickering with your woman about the light bill.

That's settled pretty well. And as far as using the word pull... really I was having a moment of vocabulary failure and couldn't think of another word. Then I thought of a song by The Streets...

"I'm not trying to pull you...
even though I would like to.
I know that you're really fit.
You're fit.
But my God, don't you just know it."

That's how it crept into my vocabulary. I've been watching BBC since the age of 10. It's done weird things to my speech patterns.

The Hodag
03-07-2010, 09:36 PM
I wouldn't have a child being hurt by a cobra in my sig, of course, but if it's offensive, I'll remove it.

I just thought it was interesting and made me go "Whoa! WTF!" and so I put it up. :)

Well I know I'm not offended - it just freaks me out a bit is all. I'm freaked out anytime I see near-accident stuff where it's not absolutely clear what happened, like that one sig Cth had for a while where this massive concrete roof thingie appears to totally crush a car under it. I'd have sworn the passengers had to've died, but I think the deal was that everyone survived.

Which seems to be the case with young Cobra Commander there. :)

NATE!
03-07-2010, 09:38 PM
Do I have to read this thread to post in it?

P.S: Poopie.

Jason California
03-07-2010, 09:40 PM
Do I have to read this thread to post in it?

P.S: Poopie.

Of course you don't have to, but I think you might miss out on some entertainment value

WinterRose
03-07-2010, 09:49 PM
Please. You are completely missing the point and attempting to make yourself a victim at the same time. She did nothing wrong. She was not attacking you at all. She asked you to clarify what maturity meant to you because you had shown yourself to be immature.

I'm afraid not. I'm owning the fact that I misunderstood her intent. That and I didn't see that someone had brought up what will now be referred to as the '5 dollar thing' on page 2 since the work filter kept that one from me too. I make formal apology to Treacle for having overreacted. I was feeling indignant and insulted, and a bit like I'd been roshambeaued from an unexpected quarter. And at the time, reacted accordingly.

Treacle
03-07-2010, 09:52 PM
I'm afraid not. I'm owning the fact that I misunderstood her intent. That and I didn't see that someone had brought up what will now be referred to as the '5 dollar thing' on page 2 since the work filter kept that one from me too. I make formal apology to Treacle for having overreacted. I was feeling indignant and insulted, and a bit like I'd been roshambeaued from an unexpected quarter. And at the time, reacted accordingly.

What's a roshambeau?

batmanbooyah
03-07-2010, 09:54 PM
What's a roshambeau?

isn't that when both people kick each other in the nuts till one person gives up?

Jason California
03-07-2010, 09:58 PM
What's a roshambeau?

A common trick to settle things. During an arguement, such as who gets the last pizza slice, one will say "Look, let's settle this. I'll Rochambeau you for it." When the other asks how one plays Roshambeau, the first says "Easy, I'll go first." The first player then kicks the other in the testicles as hard as possible while yelling "ROSHAMBEAU!" Then the guy who's balls aren't hurt runs off with the pizza and avoids the second guy while he's hurt.http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=roshambeau

It is also rock paper scissors

Treacle
03-07-2010, 09:59 PM
J.C. beat me to it.

batmanbooyah
03-07-2010, 10:00 PM
J.C. beat me to it.

do you have nuts to kick? if not, i'd take him up on the offer. you'd probably win.

Treacle
do you have nuts to kick? if not, i'd take him up on the offer. you'd probably win.

Nope.

That means I win by default, right?

Jason California
http://www.videojug.com/expertanswer/the-history-of-rock-paper-scissors/why-was-it-also-called-roshambeau

NATE!
03-07-2010, 10:01 PM
Nope.

You still got a crotch to kick.

Jason California
03-07-2010, 10:01 PM

rock paper scisors.

batmanbooyah
03-07-2010, 10:17 PM
Nope.

it depends on what winterrose has done to his balls over the years. it could be a stalemate or a clear victory. vegas wouldn't take this bet.

WinterRose
03-07-2010, 11:43 PM
Nope.

Pretty much. As for what I've done to my nuts over the years... Well, gosh... nothing but keepin' em healthy. I take care o' my boys.

dEnny!
03-08-2010, 04:57 AM
Ummm...okay?

Are you as creeped out as I am?

thatguyfromsyracuse
03-08-2010, 05:07 AM
So while I'm looking for people to meet, associate or possibly play with...

Weird, wild stuff. And by weird and wild, I mean "that sounds creepy."

Big McLargeHuge
03-08-2010, 05:10 AM
Gross thread makes me feel gross.

Ryudo
03-08-2010, 05:53 AM
At least he's not splooging on his girlfriend's feet.

TheTravis!
03-08-2010, 06:11 AM

Just my .02.

Treacle, I fucking love you. Seriously. I just fell in love with you.

Yeah. Me too, I'm afraid.

In fact, I feel like someone owes me $5 just for reading this thread.

Try telling her you're the Secret President of the World. That should cut through the facades.

Hey, Rocky...watch me pull a rabbit out of my FUCKER, FUCKER, FUCKER!

I also love you, TIP.

*now that I'm home, I can read the whole thread.*

Not so much, no. I have fun. I met my current girlfriend there last year as a matter of fact. I just seem to be doing the more geeky side of the pansexual Sci Fi convention than the kinky side. I don't have much in common with the leather wearing whip and flogger wielding handcuff using crowd.

I'm taking steps to make more friends this year is all. Maybe playing with some people on their terms. It's a bit of a clique-ish affair at times. Insular. And I am something like two states away. I mean to melt the ice where I can and be less shy around folk.

It's silly, but kinky as I can be, I'm remarkably reserved around strangers. I had to learn to be an outgoing type. Once upon a time, I apologized for everything. To everyone. I was PAINfully shy. Nowadays, not so much. But my upbringing by reserved folk makes itself evident among hyper-uninhibited people. Something I'm trying to overcome.

This reminds me of what Margaret Cho said, "There's a creepy connection between Star Trek, the Renaissance Faire, and leather-sex."

Gross thread makes me feel gross.

I saw the thread title last night and said to myself, "Tomorrow you are going to spend a half hour reading that. And it's going to be awesome."

And it was.

Evan the Shaggy
03-08-2010, 06:14 AM
Every now and again, I like looking for people to play with.

The fact that you call it that tells me you're not ready.

TheTravis!
03-08-2010, 06:15 AM

thatguyfromsyracuse
03-08-2010, 06:17 AM

:eek:

Also, that's just another really creepy thing in this thread.

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
03-08-2010, 06:19 AM
This thread has gotten way better. :lol:

MIKE D
03-08-2010, 06:20 AM
So are you guys going to congratulate me for getting a development deal with CBS for SHIT WINTER ROSE SAYS?

panco
03-08-2010, 06:20 AM
Ok let's all agree that at least this woman is pulling the bar :

http://www.stockphotopro.com/photo-thumbs-2/AMKH1P.jpg

Cause let's be serious and honest now ! We want to see bars and we want to see them pulled by elderly women of 35. Like now !

Evan the Shaggy
03-08-2010, 06:21 AM
Ok so if a robot was built 24 years ago but was made with the specifications of a 32 year old woman in mind, still fair game guys?

TheTravis!
03-08-2010, 06:22 AM
So are you guys going to congratulate me for getting a development deal with CBS for SHIT WINTER ROSE SAYS?

"I'm not a babysitter! You owe me money! I like to get freaky in the bedroom! Robots! Dr. Who!"

TheTravis!
03-08-2010, 06:23 AM
Ok so if a robot was built 24 years ago but was made with the specifications of a 32 year old woman in mind, still fair game guys?

http://www.tequilas-secrets.com/images/Promo/cherry_2000.jpg

panco
03-08-2010, 06:24 AM

FINALLY some pulling by middle aged women. Thank you TheTravis.

WinterRose
03-08-2010, 08:12 AM
At least he's not splooging on his girlfriend's feet.

No... THAT'S gross. *squicks*

WinterRose
03-08-2010, 08:15 AM

Dude... only if they cast me as myself. I need a breakout role.

WinterRose
03-08-2010, 08:16 AM

Melanie Griffith was not a robot... But that hairstyle looked good on her. Gosh... I don't even think I've seen that movie all the way through. I just have vague memories about the guy with all the toaster ovens, and when the bot malfunctions badly during the opening credits. The rest is just cars and desert.

Jason California
03-08-2010, 08:25 AM

Just so we are clear you would owe her an apology without the context of the additional pages. If she were the first response to your thread there would still be no problems right?

WinterRose
03-08-2010, 09:54 AM
Just so we are clear you would owe her an apology without the context of the additional pages. If she were the first response to your thread there would still be no problems right?

Bored with this. Moving on.

Big McLargeHuge
03-08-2010, 09:56 AM

I know we all like Treacle, but her post was definitely a dig against WR's maturity. Her questioning what he meant by maturity was rhetorical at best, there's no way WR could've answered adequately.

Michael Blacklist
03-08-2010, 09:59 AM

I hope you get 1/4 mile down the board before making an illegal u-turn once you realize Jason has a point.

Jason California
03-08-2010, 10:00 AM

right-o, jolly good sir.

Big McLargeHuge
03-08-2010, 10:01 AM
I hope you get 1/4 mile down the board before making an illegal u-turn once you realize Jason has a point.

Be sure to tip!

TheTravis!
03-08-2010, 10:14 AM
I know we all like Treacle, but her post was definitely a dig against WR's maturity.

She also has the benefit of being 150% correct.

Big McLargeHuge
03-08-2010, 10:16 AM

For sure, that's why I've enjoyed this thread so much.

Jason California
03-08-2010, 10:16 AM
I know we all like Treacle, but her post was definitely a dig against WR's maturity. Her questioning what he meant by maturity was rhetorical at best, there's no way WR could've answered adequately.

He brought the topic up.

Big McLargeHuge
03-08-2010, 10:19 AM
He brought the topic up.

Is that all you got tough guy?

Greg S
03-08-2010, 12:04 PM

I think you misplaces the decimal there. 150,000%

Jason California
03-08-2010, 12:10 PM
Is that all you got tough guy?

Do I need more? And I am sorry if I came off menacing to you. You can relax I won't hurt you.

Big McLargeHuge
03-08-2010, 12:11 PM
Do I need more? And I am sorry if I came off menacing to you. You can relax I won't hurt you.

You're such a teddy. I was just having a bit of the old joshing.

Jason California
03-08-2010, 12:13 PM
You're such a teddy. I was just having a bit of the old joshing.

;)

It's all good sir.

Generic Poster
03-08-2010, 01:09 PM

You mean the fiver?

HoneyDippinDan
03-08-2010, 01:50 PM
I'd like to contribute to this thread, but I am far too busy trolling for hot snizz. Now if you'll excuse me, I have beavs to pound.

Queen of the Ban Age
03-08-2010, 02:25 PM
elderly women of 35

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v195/dontdemon/christ-middle-finger.jpg

RebootedCorpse
03-08-2010, 03:26 PM
A thread that will live in pwnfamy.

Jason California
03-08-2010, 03:32 PM
A thread that will live in pwnfamy.

I think the bar has been set for next years best owned moment. unless it is dropped.

Masculine Todd
03-08-2010, 04:18 PM
During my middle 20's I went thru a period of being hit on by much younger women a lot more than I was comfortable. Part of it had to do with the fact that I guess I looked much younger than I was at the time. I'm now old and haggard so it doesn't happen as much. The point is: It's an incredibly disquieting feeling to be a 25 year old man having 17 and 18 year old girls flirting with you at Wal-mart.

Does it make you uncomfortable about when I flirt with you at 22?

BriRedfern
03-08-2010, 04:23 PM
I think the bar has been set for next years best owned moment. unless it is dropped.

Raised, dropped, or pulled? It will get there one way or the other.

I don't know if it was the first time that story was related, but it was spectacular in every sense of the word. Perfect timing, perfect execution, and coming from a TOTALLY unexpected and reliable source. Spectacular.

mike black
03-08-2010, 04:24 PM
This thread is still going? The funny is washed up! Finished! Kaput!

Jason California
03-08-2010, 04:25 PM
OK guys, Mike says the thread is over. You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here.

mike black
03-08-2010, 04:35 PM
OK guys, Mike says the thread is over. You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here.

http://www.temiskamingshores.ca/images2/psa-stay.gif

Buk Was Right
03-08-2010, 05:16 PM
Wait wait I have one:

I just caught up and I have to say that "...and a bit like I'd been roshambeaued from an unexpected quarter" is the most naked attempt at highfalutin' fancy speak that I've ever seen on this board. And we have Todd posting here... TODD!

Akira
03-08-2010, 06:02 PM

Just my .02.

Amazing. You are simply amazing ma'am.

Jason California
03-08-2010, 06:11 PM
Wait wait I have one:

I just caught up and I have to say that "...and a bit like I'd been roshambeaued from an unexpected quarter" is the most naked attempt at highfalutin' fancy speak that I've ever seen on this board. And we have Todd posting here... TODD!

He is bored of the topic and has moved on so don't be expecting a response.

JamesV
03-08-2010, 06:25 PM
Wait wait I have one:

:lol:

That's awesome.

R0cketFr0g
03-08-2010, 06:29 PM
He is bored with you lazy ass foreigners and is off fucking a vacuum cleaner he calls My-Pee-Pee-Oh so don't be expecting a fiver.

Fixed

Rod Nunley
03-08-2010, 06:32 PM
Did you guys see what he did with the word further? It was quite clever.

HoneyDippinDan
03-09-2010, 12:58 AM
Did you guys see what he did with the word further? It was quite clever.

FU..................................N? He wants us to have fun?!?!?!?!?!

:boogie:

Buk Was Right
03-09-2010, 08:56 AM
:lol:

That's awesome.

Canadian Todd knows that I love him in a totally straight, but mildly confusing sweater vest-y way.