PDA

View Full Version : Worst realtor ever

LordKinbote
03-06-2010, 09:46 PM
I'm watching HGTV's "House Hunters", where a couple are looking at buying a house on a Hawaiian island with active volcanoes.

This might be the funniest exchange I've ever heard on this channel:

"Now, I have to let you know that you're in a Level 2 lava flow area, so your insurance is going to be affected. A normal house will have $1000 dollars, and yours would be more like $2000."

"Oh, well, that's good to know."

"But don't worry, you're not really in danger of being in a lava flow...because your house would catch on fire and your fire insurance would kick in first."

"...oh."

batmanbooyah
03-06-2010, 09:51 PM
http://files.posterous.com/thermoptic/5vTUnPZuBdC1mLRRyjxvaNAf2omwLT3m9zWiSlD1hgrMcZuD4w ImyEpBccAl/bscap400.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=1C9REJR1EMRZ83Q7QRG2&Expires=1267944976&Signature=KKPcuxm3TjOVlM99ihqg8NINTow%3D

that's bad. BUT IT COMES WITH A FREE FROGURT!

Whip
03-06-2010, 09:52 PM
I'm watching HGTV's "House Hunters", where a couple are looking at buying a house on a Hawaiian island with active volcanoes.

This might be the funniest exchange I've ever heard on this channel:

"Now, I have to let you know that you're in a Level 2 lava flow area, so your insurance is going to be affected. A normal house will have $1000 dollars, and yours would be more like $2000."

"Oh, well, that's good to know."

"But don't worry, you're not really in danger of being in a lava flow...because your house would catch on fire and your fire insurance would kick in first."

"...oh."

:rofl:

Taxman
03-06-2010, 10:12 PM
It never works that way with hurricanes. The insurers try to weasel out of everything by passing it off as "flood damage".

Your roof blew off and landed on a highway two miles away and there is no water damage to your remaining walls. Clearly, that is all flood damage.

Jason California
03-06-2010, 10:16 PM
I would have sworn that the home insurance would see the causative nature of the fire as the lava flow.

Supreme Convoy
03-06-2010, 10:21 PM
At least he's honest!