PDA

View Full Version : [HELP!] K.O.T.O.R. TPB question...

Stark Raving
03-06-2010, 05:40 PM
I've been looking at the trades for the Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic series, but I can't seem to find Volume 5 listed anywhere, not even on Dark Horse's website. Anybody know what the deal is?

:dazed: & :confused:

JasonWGBB007
03-06-2010, 06:52 PM
The Issues that would be in Vol 5 are compiled in a tpb called Vector collecting KOTOR #25-28 as well as Dark times #11 and 12

The Hodag
03-06-2010, 07:26 PM
Yep, I've had to help something like half a dozen of my customers with this question. Dark Horse made a bad call on how they collected and labelled the Vector stuff. It's like the Vector trade is Vol. 5 of KOTOR and Vol. 3 of Dark Times.

And, of course, Vol. 1 of Vector.

:crazy:

Stark Raving
03-07-2010, 05:31 PM
Wow, that is weird. Wonder why they collected them like that?

Anyway, thanks for the info, guys.

The Hodag
03-07-2010, 05:52 PM
Wow, that is weird. Wonder why they collected them like that?

Anyway, thanks for the info, guys.

No sweat.

I know the whole idea of Vector was to try to get people who read one Star Wars comic to read the others too and hopefully stick around. Well, that and tell a good story yadda yadda yadda.

Presumably you're supposed to buy Vector Vol. 1 (oh, and here's the Dark Horse page for it, just in case there was any lingering confusion: http://www.darkhorse.com/Books/15-828/Star-Wars-Vector-Volume-1-of-2), see that it was also Dark Times Vol. 3, and the completist in you would then go, "I must buy Dark Times Vol. 1 and 2 immediately!"

In practice it's only confused readers and led them to assume various volumes are unavailable when they're just folded into Vector.

S'too bad. Dark Horse does pretty good with their Star Wars stuff most of the time. I even heard Vector was alright.