PDA

View Full Version : 24 to change networks?

afroloq
03-06-2010, 08:45 AM
Will Fox risk losing one of its biggest shows? (http://tv.ign.com/articles/107/1074747p1.html)

Foolish Mortal
03-06-2010, 08:50 AM
Sounds like maybe the price for retaining the show may be more than Fox wants to pay.

As for NBC, Heroes is coming to an end, and they need something that can get decent ratings. So they might pick up 24 if Fox isn't going to renew it.

Taxman
03-06-2010, 08:55 AM
Sounds like maybe the price for retaining the show may be more than Fox wants to pay.

As for NBC, Heroes is coming to an end, and they need something that can get decent ratings. So they might pick up 24 if Fox isn't going to renew it.24's ratings would dwindle at NBC, and it might not take long. As for Chuck, I thought that I had read about its demise more than once.

Dan-C
03-06-2010, 09:43 AM
Isn't 24 a Fox TV Studios production? I don't see that happening if it is.

dougmac
03-06-2010, 10:08 AM
I thought they were ending the show to do a movie.

Taxman
03-06-2010, 10:14 AM
I thought they were ending the show to do a movie.Would the movie be called 2? And then the sequel, 2 II?

RebootedCorpse
03-06-2010, 12:53 PM
Fox has been doing the hard work of trying to normalize torture. Time for someone else to pitch in.

SteveFlack
03-06-2010, 01:26 PM
I just hope by the time the show finally goes off the air, Jack Bauer will finally say "Looks like it's going to be another one of those days..."

dougmac
03-06-2010, 01:39 PM
Would the movie be called 2? And then the sequel, 2 II?

you forgot part 3 2 Too

I just remember that being a rumor for a while

Bedlam66
03-06-2010, 02:06 PM

As for NBC, Heroes is coming to an end, and they need something that can get decent ratings. So they might pick up 24 if Fox isn't going to renew it.
Heroes got renewed it's not ending.

bartleby
03-06-2010, 02:12 PM
Heroes got renewed it's not ending.

Don't believe HEROES has been renewed yet, although it seems likely that it'll be back for at least a shortened fall season.

Bedlam66
03-06-2010, 02:21 PM
Don't believe HEROES has been renewed yet, although it seems likely that it'll be back for at least a shortened fall season.
well you know what they say you can only trust so much stuff on the interwebz. I thought I'd read somewhere about it getting the green light for a final season but it may have just been a rumor.

dougmac
03-06-2010, 02:42 PM
well you know what they say you can only trust so much stuff on the interwebz. I thought I'd read somewhere about it getting the green light for a final season but it may have just been a rumor.

When they announced community, 30 rock and the Office were all officially coming back the NBC people said they had a meeting with Kring and discussed ideas but nothing was officially decided yet.

Rosdower 3.0
03-06-2010, 02:55 PM
Fox has been doing the hard work of trying to normalize torture. Time for someone else to pitch in.

:lol:

Rosdower 3.0
03-06-2010, 02:57 PM
I just hope by the time the show finally goes off the air, Jack Bauer will finally say "Looks like it's going to be another one of those days..."

I always wanted an episode that focused on supporting characters while we see that Jack is off somewhere taking a nap.

Really, does anyone take this show serious anymore?

CapnChaos
03-06-2010, 03:07 PM
Chuck should be back. It's doing well by NBC standards against very tough competition. Their number 1 show of the night, anyway. I think it'll have a much easier time being renewed this year than last. Heck, they renewed Parks and Rec even though it's not doing well by any kind of ratings standard. Unfortunately, I can believe they'd bring Heroes back for yet another season like this last year. I could see them running Heroes in the fall and 24 in the spring if they were able to pick it up. A couple of series past their prime as a one-two punch.

bartleby
03-06-2010, 03:12 PM
NBC has already said that there's pretty much no chance of them picking up 24 because it costs too much.

SteveFlack
03-06-2010, 11:42 PM
Expect a lot of NBC shows to get picked up. They went into pilot season thinking that 5 hours of prime time programming was going to Jay Leno, so they didn't commission as many pilots as they usually do. With Jay's cancellation, they have to find out how they are filling that time, and canceling shows would just add more schedule time to fill.

CapnChaos
03-07-2010, 07:51 AM
NBC has already said that there's pretty much no chance of them picking up 24 because it costs too much.

Considering they spent what it would cost them for a season of it just to get out of the Leno debacle, I was going to be surprised if they did. I could just see them airing it if they could afford it.

Expect a lot of NBC shows to get picked up. They went into pilot season thinking that 5 hours of prime time programming was going to Jay Leno, so they didn't commission as many pilots as they usually do. With Jay's cancellation, they have to find out how they are filling that time, and canceling shows would just add more schedule time to fill.

Yeah, that's the best thing bout the successful campaign to get Chuck renewed last year is that Leno's primetime failure pretty much assured it another season. Anyone on NBC this year that isn't getting abysmal ratings is getting a pass. (Hopefully that doesn't mean The Marriage Ref will get renewed, but sometimes you have to take the good with the bad.) The question will be, can they find something to start filling in the 9pm spot again that can be successful? I know I'm pissed at NBC for their actions over the past year, but the fact is a lot of their shows are actually good and just can't get ratings. Their Thursday night block, Chuck, Friday Night Lights... all critical darlings. If they had just one anchor show that was quality AND a ratings hit, they could probably turn their fortunes around. Maybe that's what the new JJ Abrams show will be. (Though it sounds a lot like Chuck territory, so there could be a Studio 60/30 Rock situation.)

KSChris
03-07-2010, 08:07 AM
Where is this rumor coming from?

I've heard this is likely the final season of the show..

Foolish Mortal
03-07-2010, 08:14 AM
Where is this rumor coming from?

I've heard this is likely the final season of the show..
The rumor started because Kiefer Sutherland's contract is up after this season. And it's expected that he's likely going to ask for more money to continue the show. Maybe more than Fox is willing to pay.

It's speculation, but logical sounding speculation.

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
03-07-2010, 08:23 AM
The rumor started because Kiefer Sutherland's contract is up after this season. And it's expected that he's likely going to ask for more money to continue the show. Maybe more than Fox is willing to pay.

It's speculation, but logical sounding speculation.

That is why they are going to do the movie.

bartleby
03-07-2010, 09:00 AM
Anyone on NBC this year that isn't getting abysmal ratings is getting a pass. (Hopefully that doesn't mean The Marriage Ref will get renewed, but sometimes you have to take the good with the bad.)

Ratings for the THE MARRIAGE REFS have been pretty good so far. It won its time slot in the adult demos on Thursday night going up against PRIVATE PRACTICE and THE MENTALIST. Unless it drops off big in the coming weeks, I can't imagine it won't be back.

SteveFlack
03-07-2010, 09:39 AM
Ratings for the THE MARRIAGE REFS have been pretty good so far. It won its time slot in the adult demos on Thursday night going up against PRIVATE PRACTICE and THE MENTALIST. Unless it drops off big in the coming weeks, I can't imagine it won't be back.

They don't want to alienate Jerry Seinfeld by canceling his baby. Plus, he has a lot of pull for the guest stars. And it's probably cheap to produce. I doubt it's going anywhere.