PDA

View Full Version : DJ Hero

Lord Jermaine Retail
03-06-2010, 08:02 AM
Anyone else have this game? I found it to be pretty interesting and I love some of the mixes. Or I guess they're mash ups or whatever.

This one is pretty awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWtymbbbVV4

But I think this one is the best though. Beautiful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7S0D_guTMU

I can't do a lot beyond the easy level because this game asks a lot of you at time on higher levels. I don't play it all the time but I like it and am glad I bought it. Everyone else I knew had Rock Band or Guitar Hero so I wanted something different.

Buk Was Right
03-06-2010, 08:06 AM
I just got it last week. Really REALLY fun.

It's my first foray into "music games" and I'm really digging it. So far I can stumble through the easier songs on like medium difficlulty... anything beyond that and I get pretty lost.

Ultimate Lurker
03-06-2010, 08:15 AM
I played through it all on Medium, and play some on Hard. I don't get to play often, so I'm not very good. I'm lucky to get 2 stars on most Hard songs, heh.

I highly recommend the David Guetta DLC. Some awesome songs.

Lord Jermaine Retail
03-06-2010, 08:16 AM
I just got it last week. Really REALLY fun.

It's my first foray into "music games" and I'm really digging it. So far I can stumble through the easier songs on like medium difficlulty... anything beyond that and I get pretty lost.

I get lost whenever the slide bar comes into play. And I can "hear" the songs I really like well enough that I can kind of tell what to do and when. On easy at least. I think there's only one song I felt to be terrible and just hard to hear, but I don't remember what it was.

Anyone know if there's any new downloadable features or updates?

Lord Jermaine Retail
03-06-2010, 08:19 AM
I played through it all on Medium, and play some on Hard. I don't get to play often, so I'm not very good. I'm lucky to get 2 stars on most Hard songs, heh.

I highly recommend the David Guetta DLC. Some awesome songs.

I appreciate the fact that you can't fail all the way out and can recover.

Marcdachamp
03-06-2010, 10:14 AM
It's one of the best games of last year. The music is incredible (there are a few misses, but very few) and it's just plain fun.

I really want to see a Guitar Hero: Linkin Park that uses the turn tables. That would be an insanely fun party game.

TheKraken
03-06-2010, 10:33 AM
DJ Shadow's work for the game in particular is pretty awesome. DJ AM's "Intergalactic vs. Poison" is hilarious.

Ultimate Lurker
03-06-2010, 10:38 AM
I like the Big Beat mixed with the beatboxing. And pretty much all the Daft Punk stuff.

Garth
03-06-2010, 11:01 AM
I am curious about it. But not curious enough to spend the $99 or whatever it is for a game and fake turntable

Bandit Chimera
03-06-2010, 07:16 PM
Bought this at gamestop with an employee discount in December used and love the shit out of it. It's innovative and fun and really worth every penny. I just wish I could have gotten the deluxe edition with the case and the CDs

Lord Jermaine Retail
03-06-2010, 08:32 PM
Bought this at gamestop with an employee discount in December used and love the shit out of it. It's innovative and fun and really worth every penny. I just wish I could have gotten the deluxe edition with the case and the CDs

Deluxe edition?

Gail Simone
03-06-2010, 10:03 PM
I have the deluxe edition, too. They had mispriced it at 99 dollars, and when I said I wanted it, they insisted on giving it to me for that price even though it was half of what it should have been.

I like the game a lot--it's very innovative!

Hyperstorm
03-06-2010, 10:22 PM
I'm on the verge of buying it actually

Marcdachamp
03-06-2010, 10:59 PM
I'm on the verge of buying it actually

Go over the verge. It's incredible.

Hyperstorm
03-06-2010, 11:12 PM
Go over the verge. It's incredible.

Having heard some of the mixes that it has and the fact that is going way cheap here (roughly the equivalent of $80) I'm thinking I would be a fool not to.

Bandit Chimera
03-07-2010, 04:33 AM
Deluxe edition?

Came with an all black glossy turntable, a case for the turntable that turns into a stand, a eminem cd, a jay z cd, and the game itself. It cost 200 though which is why I never bought it

Buk Was Right
03-12-2010, 10:33 AM
I five-starred a song on HARD last night and felt like I'd just conquered the world.

Also, there's one song while you have to keep a scratch going while working the crossfader... fuck that shit.

Marcdachamp
03-12-2010, 10:44 AM
Having heard some of the mixes that it has and the fact that is going way cheap here (roughly the equivalent of $80) I'm thinking I would be a fool not to.

The fact that the soundtrack isn't available for purchase is a DAMN shame. :surrend:

Ultimate Lurker
03-12-2010, 11:49 AM
I five-starred a song on HARD last night and felt like I'd just conquered the world.

Also, there's one song while you have to keep a scratch going while working the crossfader... fuck that shit.

Oh yeah, some of the stuff on Hard is just nuts. Double button presses followed by scratches and cross fades with red buttons in between. :surrend:

TheKraken
03-12-2010, 12:18 PM
The fact that the soundtrack isn't available for purchase is a DAMN shame. :surrend:

It is, however... available... :shifty:

Lord Jermaine Retail
03-12-2010, 12:56 PM
It is, however... available... :shifty:

I was totally going to say "Hey, Kraken. Anyone release you yet?" But I didn't, I showed restraint.