PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben in trouble again

afroloq
03-05-2010, 09:11 PM
(CNN) -- NFL quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is accused of sexually assaulting a woman at a rural Georgia nightspot early Friday, police said.
Police talked to Roethlisberger, 28, and the 20-year-old woman at the scene immediately after the incident was reported at about 2:30 a.m. Friday morning at Capital City in Milledgeville, Georgia, said Deputy Police Chief Richard Malone.
However, Malone said investigators still need to do a follow-up interview with Roethlisberger and witnesses. He added that nobody has been charged in the alleged incident and stopped short of calling the football player a suspect.
The woman "alleged that he is the perpetrator," Malone told reporters.
He said the woman was part of a group mingling with Roethlisberger's friends at the restaurant and that the groups had gone to other bars and restaurants over the course of the evening.
He said the woman was treated and released from a local hospital Friday morning.
Roethlisberger's agent, Ryan Tollner, said his client would cooperate in the investigation. Roethlisberger has been the starting quarterback for the Pittsburgh Steelers for six seasons, guiding the team to two Super Bowl championships.
"Last night, Ben and his friends met a group of women and everyone mingled together throughout the evening," Tollner said in a written statement Friday. "We have spoken to law enforcement. Based on information currently available, an allegation was made against Ben, which appeared to be dismissed after a preliminary investigation last night.

link (http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/03/05/roethlisberger.accusation/index.html?hpt=T2)

RickLM
03-05-2010, 09:17 PM
He's kind of a knucklehead.

Taxman
03-05-2010, 09:22 PM
Let the ESPN blackout commence.

jamestolliver
03-05-2010, 09:43 PM
He should have been wearing a helmet!

afroloq
03-05-2010, 09:46 PM
He shoulda called Pac Man for advice

Kurt Russell Crowe
03-05-2010, 10:16 PM
he's gonna need some more reconstructive surgery...on his rep!

Ben
03-25-2010, 12:55 PM
Oh, I thought this was about the clock. Haha!

Taxman
03-25-2010, 01:15 PM
This guy has to be the dumbest class of human being ever to play professional sports.

Fygar
03-25-2010, 02:11 PM
This guy has to be the dumbest class of human being ever to play professional sports.

Really? More so than Mike Tyson, all the steroids abusers in baseball, Michael Vick etc?

edwardmblake
03-25-2010, 02:14 PM
http://forbiddenplanet.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/Dez%20Skinn%20animated%20Big%20Ben.jpg

LINK (http://forbiddenplanet.co.uk/blog/2007/big-ben-the-man-with-no-time-for-crime/)

Here’s an interesting companion to the earlier discussion of Comics International – what has former head honcho Dez Skinn being doing since he departed CI? Well it turns out Dez is currently developing Big Ben – “the man with no time for crime” – the John Steed-like superhero Dez and Alan Moore created and who appeared in Marvelman and also in his own strip in the fondly-remembered Warrior. Dez is currently “developing him for the market he was born for… kid’s animated TV (‘Cos he’s more than a powerpuff!)“. More on that as and when we hear it.

Too bad nothing became of it.

Natty P, Scientific Adventurer
03-25-2010, 02:55 PM
Really? More so than Mike Tyson, all the steroids abusers in baseball, Michael Vick etc?

Tyson? A victim of society as cliched as that may sound.

Steroid abusers in baseball? You wouldn't do the same thing? If there was a magic pill that would make you make more money and be better at your job, and there was a thin chance you'd get caught you wouldn't take it?
Michael Vick, peripherally involved in an act, while abhorrent, goes on all the time, somehow the poor guy is turned into Satan. Meanwhile, Dontae Stallworth kills a HUMAN BEING.

All these people are less stupid than an NFL Quarterback who gets pinched twice for date rape style stuff?

World's largest eyeroll emoticon.

Taxman
03-25-2010, 03:09 PM
Really? More so than Mike Tyson, all the steroids abusers in baseball, Michael Vick etc?Yep, he is an out and out knuckledragger. I am amazed he is able to walk, much less run an NFL offense.

Bedlam66
03-25-2010, 03:10 PM
Damnit I thought this was about the Clock. Don't worry me like that.

Fygar
03-25-2010, 06:31 PM
Tyson? A victim of society as cliched as that may sound.

Oh come the fuck on! I actually love Tyson as an athlete, but the man is an ANIMAL. Rape...check. Abuse...check. Bit a man's ear in the ring, tries to break arms in the ring, does the one two combo but the two happens to be an elbow the face. Has attacked people outside of the ring numerous times. Has been caught drunk driving, with drugs, has been bankrupt...sorry he's dumber than Big Ben.

Steroid abusers in baseball? You wouldn't do the same thing? If there was a magic pill that would make you make more money and be better at your job, and there was a thin chance you'd get caught you wouldn't take it?

No I wouldn't, because I have these weird things called...values. Sorry man, money has never really mattered to me. I feel about the same when I have 30 cents in my bank account as I do when I'm doing all right for myself. Cheaters suck, that's pretty easy to understand right?

Yep, he is an out and out knuckledragger. I am amazed he is able to walk, much less run an NFL offense.

I totally agree that Ben is a freaking moron. I am a Steeler fan, so I've seen pretty much every game the man has played and a lot of his pre/post game interviews. He's not very bright, and more than likely guilty of at least one if not both of these charges. But the dumbest athlete...sorry not buying it.

afroloq
03-25-2010, 07:50 PM
Video at the club erased (http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/03/25/roethlisberger.bar.video/index.html)

Bervda
03-25-2010, 07:56 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2194/2209943646_6a2d89a964.jpg?v=0

?

_

Bedlam66
03-25-2010, 08:10 PM
http://forbiddenplanet.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/Dez%20Skinn%20animated%20Big%20Ben.jpg

LINK (http://forbiddenplanet.co.uk/blog/2007/big-ben-the-man-with-no-time-for-crime/)

Too bad nothing became of it.
Wow that looks like it could have been good.

Taxman
03-25-2010, 08:12 PM
I totally agree that Ben is a freaking moron. I am a Steeler fan, so I've seen pretty much every game the man has played and a lot of his pre/post game interviews. He's not very bright, and more than likely guilty of at least one if not both of these charges. But the dumbest athlete...sorry not buying it.The way I see it, if you are a seven or eight figure athlete and get on a motorcycle at all, you're an idiot. This guy did it without a helmet. If you play that accident out in 100 alternate realities, he may well be dead in more than half of them.

The number of guys that dumb, ain't that high.

You have guys like Wilt Chamberlain and Magic claiming to have had 500 sex partners a year for an extended period of time, and no claims of misconduct ever hit the media. So Kobe is super freakin' stupid for managing to put himself in a position to have someone accuse him of rape.

With Rothilsomething, we're not even talking about a guy getting accused twice. We are talking about a guy putting himself in a situation to allow for such an allegation while he is still defending himself in court from the same sort of allegation.

The number of guys who would but themself in this position ain't that high either.

Now you have a lot of guys doing a lot of dumb things. But when we put this all together, I don't see anyone whom I can be more critical of. I don't expect to convince you or anyone else of this. But, I am not coming off of it.