PDA

View Full Version : Art for new Black Widow series

Bedlam66
03-05-2010, 08:20 PM
Now I as a general rule Dislike er HATE Danial Acuna's art. I've never liked it and think it's some of the most Ugly art I've ever laid eyes on.

HOWEVER, in today's Cup o' Joe over at CBR (http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=25113) there are a couple of preview pages from the new book. I have to say that I like it ALOT. the style is pretty different from the stuff he's done so far and it's a HUGE improvement IMHO

WhindamPryce
03-05-2010, 08:30 PM
About to read the column now.

It's funny, it's so rare that they put up a new one these days I forgot it even existed.

I did glance at the artwork though. The Clay Mann pages from X-men Legacy look eerily similar to Coipel's style. It made me think of Dark Wolverine's Stephen Segovia who looks eerily similar to Lienel Yu, although a bit looser.
I'm not calling them copycats; their styles are just very close to each other and I was wondering if others had noticed that too.

Acuna OTOH has a pretty unique style that I haven't seen anything else close to it at the Big 2.

Superior Kiai
03-05-2010, 08:37 PM
They look pretty good.

Reminds me to his stuff from Uncle Sam & The Freedom Fighters.

Ashwin Pande
03-05-2010, 09:06 PM
I always liked Acuna. His art does look different in those pages. Looks good.

dmh3000
03-05-2010, 10:51 PM
Hmm, that does look pretty good. Will be looking into it.

Howlett
03-06-2010, 01:58 AM
I thought the exact same thing. I was actually considering skipping the book because of Acuna being on art, but those look pretty damn good.

panco
03-06-2010, 03:22 AM
I'm pretty fond of Acuna's art

rogerio
03-06-2010, 06:54 AM
Totally looking forward to picking it up.:D

DAVE
03-06-2010, 08:02 AM
"A lot" is two words, and Daniel Acuna is an extremely talented artist, who makes beautiful, innovative comic art.

Drkemerld73
03-06-2010, 09:14 AM
I'm perfectly happy with that artwork. :)

I've been on board with the series since it was announced and hope it has a good solid run.

hellblazer72
03-06-2010, 09:22 AM
About to read the column now.

It's funny, it's so rare that they put up a new one these days I forgot it even existed.

I did glance at the artwork though. The Clay Mann pages from X-men Legacy look eerily similar to Coipel's style. It made me think of Dark Wolverine's Stephen Segovia who looks eerily similar to Lienel Yu, although a bit looser.
I'm not calling them copycats; their styles are just very close to each other and I was wondering if others had noticed that too.

Acuna OTOH has a pretty unique style that I haven't seen anything else close to it at the Big 2.

segovia's art is very much yu's style. take a look at segovia's robocop covers.

Andreas
03-06-2010, 11:27 AM
This is a big improvement to Daniel Acuña's art on Uncle Sam & the Freedom Fighters.

Andreas

hellblazer72
03-06-2010, 02:03 PM
This is a big improvement to Daniel Acuña's art on Uncle Sam & the Freedom Fighters.

Andreas

i picked up the first 2 issues of that book and never picked up another book by him after that.

Bedlam66
03-06-2010, 02:15 PM
"A lot" is two words, and Daniel Acuna is an extremely talented artist, who makes beautiful, innovative comic art.
Why Thank you Spelling Nazi, but art is subjective and if it's good or not is determined by the people who view it on a INDIVIDUAL Basis.

Thanks for playing though.

DAVE
03-06-2010, 02:32 PM
Why Thank you Spelling Nazi, but art is subjective and if it's good or not is determined by the people who view it on a INDIVIDUAL Basis.

Thanks for playing though.

If I really was a Nazi I bet I'd execute you.