PDA

View Full Version : So I picked up Scott Pilgrim for the first time

Good & Evil
03-05-2010, 04:52 PM
on Wednesday and went back on Thursday to pick up the rest of the series. How can I have gone this long without enjoying the awesomeness of these books?

Finished book five and the wife is halfway through book 2. I may have been late to the game but it's always nice to discover something you've been missing while waiting for other things to come out.

MabusRex
03-05-2010, 04:54 PM
on Wednesday and went back on Thursday to pick up the rest of the series. How can I have gone this long without enjoying the awesomeness of these books?

Finished book five and the wife is halfway through book 2. I may have been late to the game but it's always nice to discover something you've been missing while waiting for other things to come out.

Did exactly this a couple months ago. Fun series. Can't wait to see how they adapt it for the movie.

ZombieSpeedball
03-05-2010, 04:55 PM
I loved when I first read Scott Pilgrim. I was psyched because the fourth book was coming out at the time, meaning I was jumping on at a fairly good time.

Mookie Blaylock
03-05-2010, 05:01 PM
I plan on doing this within the next week or so. My older brother just started and he's stoked on the series.

DAVE
03-05-2010, 05:14 PM
It's been a little over a year. I think the series is due a re-read.

Good & Evil
03-05-2010, 06:47 PM
Did exactly this a couple months ago. Fun series. Can't wait to see how they adapt it for the movie.

They're going with books 1-3 and will finish differently than the books. Make sense considering they started the screenplay before book 4 came out.

More info to be had here (also check out related posts at the end of the article):

http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/05/22/scott-pilgrim-vs-the-world-will-end-differently-than-the-graphic-novels/

Supreme Convoy
03-06-2010, 01:52 AM
Enjoy the ride! Great read.

Mr. E!
03-06-2010, 05:17 AM

I resisted it for a long time. the Free Comic Book Day giveaway a few years back did nothing for me. But then my future sister-in-law kept bugging me to pick it up, and I'm really glad she did.