PDA

View Full Version : Mark Millar doing a "Huge" Spider-Man project

Doug
03-05-2010, 05:26 AM
According to Rich Johnston:

But during the talk, he also mentions that, as well as his three creator-owned comic books he’s creating this year (Nemesis, Leinel Yu’s unnamed book and Dave Gibbons’ unnamed book I think), he’s also doing “a big Spider-Man story for Marvel.”

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2010/03/05/mark-millar-announces-new-spider-man-project-talks-about-his-new-movie-and-reads-the-daily-mail/

Plus Mark talks about a movie he's going to direct.

Ryudo
03-05-2010, 05:30 AM
http://www.fhainfocenter.com/assets/images/traffic_light_yellow-766495.png

AndrewG
03-05-2010, 05:30 AM
Pass

Gregory
03-05-2010, 05:32 AM
Bigger than Trouble?
Bigger than Spidey fighting the Avengers because someone kidnapped, um, whoever they kidnapped?
Bigger than OMD?

Ben
03-05-2010, 05:32 AM
Didn't Loeb and Campbell say the same thing?

Evan the Shaggy
03-05-2010, 05:34 AM
Didn't Loeb and Campbell say the same thing?

Yeah, whatever happened with that?

I'm down for this. I really dug Millar's Marvel Knights Spidey series.

Ben
03-05-2010, 05:38 AM

I'm down for this. I really dug Millar's Marvel Knights Spidey series.I'm also looking forward to it as I liked his MK Spidey stuff, too!

Marcdachamp
03-05-2010, 05:44 AM
Unless it's a run on Amazing, how big can it be?

THWIP!
03-05-2010, 05:45 AM

Yeah, it's been a while since I read it but I remember liking it.

Jim T.
03-05-2010, 05:46 AM
Wow. Rich Johnston reporting gushingly on Millar hyping himself. I haven't seen that since, well, the last time Millar hyped something.

afroloq
03-05-2010, 05:47 AM
Will it all be done in less than a year?

maverick-99
03-05-2010, 05:48 AM

Campbell can't draw more than two sequential pages a year.

slowest. artist. ever.

Mister Mets
03-05-2010, 06:06 AM
Loved his twelve issues of Marvel Knights.

Really looking forward to this.

Rafiennes
03-05-2010, 06:08 AM
I'm doing a 'huge' Spider-Man project...in my pants

SidekicksRevenge
03-05-2010, 06:08 AM
I loved most of his Marvel Knights run (and probably would have enjoyed more of it if Osborn hadn't be the guy at the end of the road at the same time as he was also revealed to be the father of Gwen's babies...it was just too much "It was Osborn all along!" at once for me.

All of this to say, I'm on board.

Doug
03-05-2010, 06:10 AM
One thing about Millar I like is, he works with some of the best artists in the industry.

Gregory
03-05-2010, 06:11 AM
One thing about Millar I like is, he works with some of the best artists in the industry.

Sadly, literally everyone I'd nominate is doing an Avengers comic.

HeroBoy
03-05-2010, 06:15 AM
Millar is a guy who lies. WHat I'm saying is he's a lying liar who lies sometimes when he opens his mouth hole to tell lies.

I'll believe this series when I see the overpriced Hardcover version of it at Barnes and Nobles of Earth 3.

Doug
03-05-2010, 06:16 AM
Sadly, literally everyone I'd nominate is doing an Avengers comic.

I'd love to see this drawn by Art Adams, but he's busy with Leob on Ultimate X.

Andrew
03-05-2010, 06:17 AM
Pass

:)

Andrew
03-05-2010, 06:17 AM
Campbell can't draw more than two sequential pages a year.

slowest. artist. ever.

:lol:

And that's probably for the best, since a Loeb Spider-Man project would be an unholy terror unleashed upon the earth. Let's hope it never happens.

Gregory
03-05-2010, 06:18 AM
I'd love to see this drawn by Art Adams, but he's busy with Leob on Ultimate X.

If I had to choose someone, let's see Mike Allred draw Spidey and his villains.

Doug
03-05-2010, 06:29 AM

That is a great choice.

joeAR
03-05-2010, 06:42 AM

I actually want to see Allred draw everything. Ya that's right, everything

Criden
03-05-2010, 06:47 AM
Spider-Man: Two More Days.

DaveCummings
03-05-2010, 07:20 AM
Millar is a guy who lies. WHat I'm saying is he's a lying liar who lies sometimes when he opens his mouth hole to tell lies.

I'll believe this series when I see the overpriced Hardcover version of it at Barnes and Nobles of Earth 3.

Jeez, who's passing out the Haterade in this thread?

Adrian B AWESOME
03-05-2010, 07:21 AM
Didn't he try to do this with his MK Spider-Man story, which started off strong and became just another "Norman did it" story?

mario
03-05-2010, 07:23 AM
It's Millar, what'd you expect?

HeroBoy
03-05-2010, 07:29 AM
Jeez, who's passing out the Haterade in this thread?

No Haterade, just been burned by Millar "announcements" like there before. Should have just posted a picture of a grain of salt, but went a different route.

Big Poot!
03-05-2010, 07:36 AM
And that's probably for the best, since a Loeb Spider-Man project would be an unholy terror unleashed upon the earth. Let's hope it never happens.

Spider-Man Blue was bad.

Didn't he try to do this with his MK Spider-Man story, which started off strong and became just another "Norman did it" story?

Yes cause there were so many of those "Norman did it" stories, especially considering that he was dead for 30 years. :mistrust:

allanpat
03-05-2010, 07:44 AM
Loved his twelve issues of Marvel Knights.

Really looking forward to this.

MK Spidey had a lot of good ideas, but ultimately I don't think the tone of Millar's writing 'felt' right on the book.

Also, when he doesn't stick around to deal with the fallout on new series, a lot of the 'big' things that he sets up just get forgotten. I'd like to see Millar commit to a long-form book again.

Big Poot!
03-05-2010, 07:48 AM
Marvel Knights Spider-Man was a masterwork. This will likely be one as well I predict. :D

Roger
03-05-2010, 08:13 AM
now this spidey i will read!
i do love the mark millar!!!

Jonny Z
03-05-2010, 08:14 AM
No Haterade, just been burned by Millar "announcements" like there before. Should have just posted a picture of a grain of salt, but went a different route.

Millar is the funniest liar I know. The first time we ever had a NY Drink Up (years ago), Millar tried to convince us all that X-Men and Uncanny X-Men comics were going to be written by Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez. I'm trying to remember what else he tried to peddle us

Mister Mets
03-05-2010, 08:33 AM
Millar is the funniest liar I know. The first time we ever had a NY Drink Up (years ago), Millar tried to convince us all that X-Men and Uncanny X-Men comics were going to be written by Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez. I'm trying to remember what else he tried to peddle us

Then there are the projects that he legitimately intended to do that just never happened.

A Punisher one-shot with Bryan Hitch.
The Run mini series with Ashley Wood.
And the time he was supposed to write an years worth of content for the three X-titles.

This seems to be a weird venue to lie about something, though. And while his return to Spider-Man would be welcome, it's not exactly a massive announcement. If he wanted massive interest, he could have said that he was doing it with Todd Mcfarlane, or something.

Dan-C
03-05-2010, 08:38 AM

It was pretty fun. The only problem I had with it was: Aunt May was gone for how long? At least a couple of months, right? And no one noticed?

Andrew
03-05-2010, 08:42 AM
It was pretty fun. The only problem I had with it was: Aunt May was gone for how long? At least a couple of months, right? And no one noticed?

Well, considering that people had previously thought she was dead (and then she returned somehow), I guess by that point they figured it was normal behavior for her.

Adrian B AWESOME
03-05-2010, 09:38 AM
Spider-Man Blue was bad.

Yes cause there were so many of those "Norman did it" stories, especially considering that he was dead for 30 years. :mistrust:

No Green Goblin?! Critics shocked by Spider-Man Reboot announcement!

DaveCummings
03-05-2010, 10:18 AM
Then there are the projects that he legitimately intended to do that just never happened.

A Punisher one-shot with Bryan Hitch.
The Run mini series with Ashley Wood.
And the time he was supposed to write an years worth of content for the three X-titles.

This seems to be a weird venue to lie about something, though. And while his return to Spider-Man would be welcome, it's not exactly a massive announcement. If he wanted massive interest, he could have said that he was doing it with Todd Mcfarlane, or something.

That is more like a person who just gets excited about plans and wants to tell everyone, even if they end up falling through. Alot of creators tend to not talk about ideas because they're afraid it will jinx it and it'll fall through. I think that Mark tends to get too excited to keep it quiet.

Marcdachamp
03-05-2010, 10:24 AM

Yeah, that's my beef with it. It should have taken place over a shorter period of time.

Evan the Shaggy
03-05-2010, 10:31 AM

I actually thought it was more like a month tops.

kylethoreau
03-05-2010, 10:37 AM
I hope he does a story where all the villains team up and finally beat the heroes! We've never had that story told before right?:roll:

I'll take a look when it hits Borders,but not all that interested.

TheKraken
03-05-2010, 10:57 AM
MK Spidey was... not good. Peter unmasking was a bad idea. Millar + Spider-Man = no thanks.

Big Poot!
03-05-2010, 10:57 AM
Aunt May was gone for how long? At least a couple of months, right? And no one noticed?

The comic lasted 12 months, but the story took place in a few days.

Ah, the beauty of fiction.

Brandon191
03-05-2010, 11:16 AM
MK Spidey was... not good. Peter unmasking was a bad idea. Millar + Spider-Man = no thanks.

I agree that it wasn't good, but I'll still give this series a shot.

marco19
03-05-2010, 12:33 PM
this is probably for the new astonishing line, either millar and hitch or millar and mcniven a nice 5 or 5 issue bi monthly series once jason aaron and kubert finish thier series

PeterSparker
03-05-2010, 01:31 PM

Actually I think we heard that at his second party, the one upstairs at the Irish Rogue (the party where Xander and I were drunkenly telling Garth Ennis how awesome MAX Punisher was...) and I think at the time Tarantino and Rodriquez had been talking to Marvel about doing something so I don't know that it was completely made up. Or, it was total BS and he was just waiting for one of us to post about it on-line later that night...

I do remember him telling me all excited about the opening of Lindelof's Hulk/Wolverine mini that was then coming up... he just didn't mention that I would have to wait years and years to read it all. :(

I don't have as fond of memories of that story as others seem to either. The art was great, but the story not so much. I would give Millar another shot myself probably though.

cmoney
03-05-2010, 02:32 PM

Yup, MK Spidey was a lot of fun. Definitely willing to give the benefit of the doubt here.

WinterRose
03-05-2010, 02:47 PM
If it's the reversal of the OMD plot, or the death of May Parker, I'm fine with it.

Greygor
03-05-2010, 02:55 PM
Fuck Millar Haters

Fuck Rich Haters

If the story's good, I'm happy. If bad, I won't buy it. What I won't do is prejudge.

As to Rich, I like reading his stuff, it's not always right, but it's fun to read.

niceguyeddie
03-05-2010, 02:59 PM

I wasn't a big fan.

and I gotta say. i like the guy as a writer BUT I'm not going to buy anything about him developing a new movie property or nothing. the dude is either too quick to jump the gun and make an announcement or he's just unreliable with his announcements of this sort.
that's just me though.

I AM a fan of his writing though.

Dan-C
03-05-2010, 03:07 PM
The comic lasted 12 months, but the story took place in a few days.

Ah, the beauty of fiction.

No way. The story had to have taken place over a longer period of time than a few days. I think they even make reference to how much time has passed somewhere about half way through.

Arion
03-05-2010, 04:03 PM
Bigger than Trouble?
Bigger than Spidey fighting the Avengers because someone kidnapped, um, whoever they kidnapped?
Bigger than OMD?

A bit sarcastic, isn't it?

Andrew
03-05-2010, 04:12 PM
A bit sarcastic, isn't it?

Except it's true.

RichJohnston
03-06-2010, 09:16 AM
Wow. Rich Johnston reporting gushingly on Millar hyping himself. I haven't seen that since, well, the last time Millar hyped something.

Oh look, you didn't read the article. Well done.

RebootedCorpse
03-06-2010, 12:49 PM
Spider-Man's new identity revealed!
http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Games/two-bit-news/images/Ron-Jeremy.jpg

NickT
03-06-2010, 12:54 PM
No way. The story had to have taken place over a longer period of time than a few days. I think they even make reference to how much time has passed somewhere about half way through.
I could imagine each of the arcs took place over a couple of days, but the whole thing would have to be at least a week I think.

Ray G.
03-06-2010, 12:56 PM
Millar has just lost me in every way. If it's not Kick-Ass, I have no further interest in anything he does. And even then, the last issue of Kick-Ass hit some wrong notes for me.

Howlett
03-06-2010, 01:39 PM
I'll read anything he writes if it affects a book/books that I'm currently reading, like Civil War did. But I'm done with Millar otherwise. I probably won't even bother picking up the next Kick-Ass volume when it comes out.

I wish him the best of luck on his future film pitche... I mean, comic projects.