PDA

View Full Version : A question for people that are familiar with Dodger stadium and pricing

Jason California
03-04-2010, 04:54 PM
The last baseball game I went to was a Rockies game in the 90s so I am a bit out of this stuff.

The Yankees are coming to LA on June 25-27. My Grandpa has been a bid Dodger fan all of his life and hates the Yankees. I want to take him to go see one of the games. This will most likely be the last game of his life.

I was wondering if anyone could give me a good idea for seating and pricing. I don't want to spend a fortune but I also want this to be a great experience for him.

Thanks for any advice on this.

Buk Was Right
03-04-2010, 05:03 PM
Let me contribute this: Dodgers suck.

Also, when the Yankees come to town all of the displaced NYers come out of the woodwork, make getting tickets a pain in the ass, and run up the prices like mad (I'm speaking mostly from experience at A's games here where there are more Yanks fans than A's fans and they're all assholes... probably).

Jason California
03-04-2010, 05:07 PM
Thanks for the info. Tickets are not yet on sale but I am watching. Will make sure I pick them up as soon as I see them available.

CapnChaos
03-04-2010, 05:17 PM
Let me contribute this: Dodgers suck.

Also, when the Yankees come to town all of the displaced NYers come out of the woodwork, make getting tickets a pain in the ass, and run up the prices like mad (I'm speaking mostly from experience at A's games here where there are more Yanks fans than A's fans and they're all assholes... probably).

Had a sort of similar experience at a Royals game a few years back when they played the Red Sox during one of their better years. One of the bandwagon Sox fans actually commented that there were more Royals fans than he thought there'd be. Thankfully we beat their asses and took down Curt Schilling bad enough that we got to do the Krispy Kreme free dozen donuts promotion.

Tim Simmons
03-04-2010, 05:23 PM
Thanks for the info. Tickets are not yet on sale but I am watching. Will make sure I pick them up as soon as I see them available.

Do that-- he is not incorrect.
Keep an eye out on Dodgers dot com...if you do happen to miss it, check Stubhub for tickets--

Where you'll really get raped is beer and food. But that's nothing uncommon to stadiums.

Taxman
03-04-2010, 05:53 PM
Last year, field level was $60 minimum (if you can get those from the team), $99 for Mannywood all the way up to $250. The pricing structure is much more complicated than when you last went. The second level was $30 - $90. They still have seats for under $20. The top deck, has a good view of the field compared to the other cheap seat out in the outfield.

mike black
03-04-2010, 05:59 PM
It's times like this I'm happy I live in Tampa.

$60 a ticket to sit behind the 3rd base dugout at the Trop to see the Mets!

Taxman
03-04-2010, 06:10 PM
It's times like this I'm happy I live in Tampa.

$60 a ticket to sit behind the 3rd base dugout at the Trop to see the Mets!Plus, an entire section for your party of six.

Jason California
03-04-2010, 06:27 PM
Do that-- he is not incorrect.
Keep an eye out on Dodgers dot com...if you do happen to miss it, check Stubhub for tickets--

Where you'll really get raped is beer and food. But that's nothing uncommon to stadiums.

Last year, field level was $60 minimum (if you can get those from the team), $99 for Mannywood all the way up to $250. The pricing structure is much more complicated than when you last went. The second level was $30 - $90. They still have seats for under $20. The top deck, has a good view of the field compared to the other cheap seat out in the outfield.

Thanks. So I am probably looking at a $250 day.

Jacques Toochay
03-04-2010, 06:31 PM
When you're at the stadium and somebody tries to sell you a rusty trombone, DON'T BUY IT.

Trust me.

batmanbooyah
03-04-2010, 06:33 PM
my sister took me to a game, 50 bucks a ticket and you get some decent seats. we were, one level above 3rd base or something. good seats for watching the game. 50 bucks should get you something decent.

ImLactoseIntolerantUJerk
03-04-2010, 06:34 PM
I went to see the dodgers-yankees last time they played at dodgers stadium with my dad (big yankees fan, i'm a dodgers fan), like buk said, tickets were pretty hard to get and sold out for those games pretty fast, so keep an eye out. you can get decent 10 dollar seats if you want, but let me suggest...

the all you can eat right field pavillion. basically you pay like 30 or 40 bucks for the seats and you get all you can eat food and soda (you have to pay for liquor).

RickLM
03-04-2010, 06:38 PM
Something I heard on ESPN radio last week:

In order to get tickets for the Yankees games vs. the Dodgers, you have to buy a package that includes tickets for 13 other games. It's the ultimate gouge.

Jason California
03-04-2010, 06:40 PM
I sure as hell hope not as that would kill the deal.

Jason California
03-04-2010, 06:44 PM
No tickets for Opening Day 2010 on Tuesday, April 13th, or the Yankees series in June, are available at this time.

The only way to secure your seat to watch the Dodgers on Opening Day or see the Boys in Blue
take on the defending World Series Champion Yankees is with a 2010 Season Ticket or Mini Plan.

Is this one of those things that changes later on after they have given the committed all a chance to get theirs first?

Taxman
03-04-2010, 07:12 PM
Is this one of those things that changes later on after they have given the committed all a chance to get theirs first?I suspect they will sell out their mini plans.

You could probably make most of your money back sacrificing one Yankee game and selling those and the other tickets of Subb Hub. Or, just buy the tickets second hand, might be cheaper.

Len Snark
03-04-2010, 08:20 PM
Don't sit in the Dodgers cheap seats. Their fans are savages, dude. Seriously.

Buk Was Right
03-04-2010, 09:06 PM
I just want to reiterate what I said earlier: The Dodgers suck.

Also, I'm pretty sure they have an all you can eat section. Or at least they used to.

Jason California
03-04-2010, 09:08 PM
I just want to reiterate what I said earlier: The Dodgers suck.

Also, I'm pretty sure they have an all you can eat section. Or at least they used to.

YOU have been a valued contributor buk your passion is obviously genuine.

Buk Was Right
03-04-2010, 09:12 PM
YOU have been a valued contributor buk your passion is obviously genuine.

Seriously, they're terrible. I hate those guys.

But I hope you have a good time at the game.

Jason California
03-04-2010, 09:17 PM

But I hope you have a good time at the game.

Thanks.

Len Snark
03-04-2010, 09:26 PM
I genuinely believe that Dodger fans have something "off" about them and can never be truly trusted. Kind of like my attitudes towards gingers, actually.

Jason California
03-04-2010, 09:38 PM
You are a funny guy Len.

batmanbooyah
03-04-2010, 09:48 PM
I genuinely believe that Dodger fans have something "off" about them and can never be truly trusted. Kind of like my attitudes towards gingers, actually.

just come out and say it: you hate mexicans!

batmanbooyah
03-04-2010, 09:49 PM
i bleed doyer blue!

Beep Beep!
03-04-2010, 10:33 PM
Honestly, I would use Stub Hub and I would try for the top deck. The view is really cool; I like it because you can see the whole field. This pic was taken last year in June at a Phillies game:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v410/glima/DodgerStadiumJune093.jpg

Right now there are tickets for less than $100 pp in the top deck:

http://www.stubhub.com/los-angeles-dodgers-tickets/dodgers-vs-yankees-6-25-2010-899128/

Don't forget to budget $15 for parking - cash only . . . at least that's what is was last year for the two games we went to. A Dodger Dog is like $5 and a bottle of water is maybe $4. The snack bars take credit cards. If you're into merchandise, there's a shop on the top deck level called Top of the Park.

Taxman
03-05-2010, 11:52 PM
Went out to a bar tonight. I overheard the bartender saying that he was going to these games and getting free tickets from a Dodger employee who is a family member of a close friend. :lol:

Brewtown Andy
03-06-2010, 04:39 AM
And based on how I was accosted by a Giants fan when I was in SF because of my blue Cubs hat, you're not the only Giants fan to feel that way.

Len Snark
03-06-2010, 09:37 PM
just come out and say it: you hate mexicans!

I don't hate Mexicans, but I have heard they are leakers (if you know what I mean and I think you do).