PDA

View Full Version : Smallville X

CapnChaos
03-04-2010, 02:04 PM
Smallville has gotten a renewal for season 10.

Ryudo, you're going to have to keep griping about it for another year. ;)

http://www.hitfix.com/articles/2010-3-4-smallville-takes-flight-to-season-10-on-the-cw

InBendiswetrust
03-04-2010, 02:05 PM
Why? That's all I'm gonna ask. Why?!

CapnChaos
03-04-2010, 02:14 PM
Why? That's all I'm gonna ask. Why?!

I would guess because it's actually getting decent ratings for a Friday.

I think the last two seasons have been better than the previous few.

The Hodag
03-04-2010, 02:16 PM
Is he STILL not in costume?

Someone had to say it. :surrend:

FrnkCastle
03-04-2010, 02:18 PM
This show is like a crazy ex GF, I can leave for a short time but it keeps dragging me back!

PhoenixFactor
03-04-2010, 02:19 PM
The last two season have been much better than the middle few. It was real bad those first two years out of HS but now 8 & 9 have been strong. glad to see it back again.

MAK15
03-04-2010, 02:19 PM
does the 'X' stand for 'X-TREME'?

CapnChaos
03-04-2010, 02:35 PM

That would explain some of the costumes.

Superior Kiai
03-04-2010, 02:37 PM
"I'm 19 years old and my parents are still not dead!!!!"

CapnChaos
03-04-2010, 02:43 PM
"I'm 19 years old and my parents are still not dead!!!!"

23/24 and one is.

Joe Kalicki
03-04-2010, 02:45 PM
I don't watch it regularly, but I enjoy it when I do watch it, particularly with all the guest stars.

CapnChaos
03-04-2010, 02:50 PM
I don't watch it regularly, but I enjoy it when I do watch it, particularly with all the guest stars.

I'm a fan in general, but I figure the best thing about this is the chance of getting another awesome Geoff Johns episode.

Superior Kiai
03-04-2010, 02:59 PM
23/24 and one is.

Oh no, I wasn't talking Smallville.

I just remembered this really funny webcomic about the Graysons TV show the CW wanted to make, and that was a line Dick Grayson says in it.

Kinda came to mind when I saw they picked Smallville for yet another season.

Kurt Russell Crowe
03-04-2010, 03:13 PM
haven't watches since seasons three, but I just saw the chick that plays his mom from the 80's flick 48 hours and she was smokin' then, dayumn.

Thudpucker
03-04-2010, 03:53 PM
Is Lex still bald?

Bedlam66
03-04-2010, 04:11 PM
He hasn't been on the show in years.

Princesa
03-04-2010, 04:19 PM
Just stop calling him "the Blur".

Superior Kiai
03-04-2010, 04:29 PM
Just stop calling him "the Blur".

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/7666/947327-81422_143902_the_blur_super.jpg

??

Kedd
03-04-2010, 05:03 PM
Clark Kent doesn't put the suit on until he's 47.

leafinsectman
03-04-2010, 05:28 PM
Are they still in Smallville? I thought they were in Metropolis in that JSA episode.

artimoff
03-04-2010, 06:12 PM
Are they still in Smallville? I thought they were in Metropolis in that JSA episode.

Clark still visits the farm now & again. Lois calls Clark "Smallville".

leafinsectman
03-04-2010, 06:17 PM

Oh okay, it still works on some level then.

Kedd
03-04-2010, 06:36 PM
Clark Kent's first superhero identity: "Smallville, Kansas"

Howlett
03-05-2010, 12:19 AM
Sweet. I thought season 8 was pretty damn good, and I enjoyed the show since the start, though those first 7 seasons I enjoyed generally because of Rosenbaum and Glover. I didn't really give a flying fuck about the good guy portion of the cast. Season 8 I was expecting to really dislike without those two around, and I ended up loving it.

Haven't caught up on the last episode or 2 of that season or any of season 9 but if the quality kept up, I'm happy as hell for a season 10. Can't wait to get to Micheal Shanks as Hawkman :D

Ryudo
03-05-2010, 04:27 AM
As long as Laura Vanderwhatever never sets foot on that soundstage again, I guess I am okay with this.

Although honestly,
If Clark's magic blood can give Zod powers and Zod can fly right away, why the crap can't Clark fly yet?

SpecialK
03-05-2010, 04:37 AM
As long as Laura Vanderwhatever never sets foot on that soundstage again, I guess I am okay with this.

Although honestly,
If Clark's magic blood can give Zod powers and Zod can fly right away, why the crap can't Clark fly yet?

Fear of heights?

maverick-99
03-05-2010, 05:55 AM
This is great news. I'm a big Smallville fan. Have been for 9.5 years now!

Is he STILL not in costume?

Someone had to say it. :surrend:

Well, he is in a costume...

Um, ten.

Clark actually still lives on the farm.

cPol
03-05-2010, 06:20 AM
Clark actually still lives on the farm.

You know, the creators stated in the Season One special features that Smallville is 3 hours away from Metropolis. Who believes Clark is making that commute every day?

Thudpucker
03-05-2010, 07:42 AM
He hasn't been on the show in years.

Lex left the show without ever getting his hair back?

That's sad.

Martin J
03-05-2010, 08:14 AM
I am hating myself for being excited that there will be a X'th season.

The first few freak of the week seasons were bad.
The middle few lana/Lex, just out of high school seasons were awful and unwatchable.
The emergence of Green Arrow and Lois in the Daily Planet and a morally ambiguous Chloe pretty decent and light years ahead of that heroes crap.

I also stand by the whole having Clark in the Blue and red tights just will not work on tv as soon as that happens the series is dead and would be a good way to end Season 10. Would be good to get some flight in beginning from now and having that power sorted out before maning up to Superman.

maverick-99
03-05-2010, 08:20 AM
You know, the creators stated in the Season One special features that Smallville is 3 hours away from Metropolis. Who believes Clark is making that commute every day?

Have you seen the show? This is what you are having trouble believing? :)

I commute 1 hour to work every day (and back home). Not completely unheard of. Plus, well, he's Superman, so it takes him like two seconds to get form the farm to the Daily Planet.

cPol
03-05-2010, 08:26 AM
Have you seen the show? This is what you are having trouble believing? :)

I commute 1 hour to work every day (and back home). Not completely unheard of. Plus, well, he's Superman, so it takes him like two seconds to get form the farm to the Daily Planet.

Three hours is mighty different than one (which is my commute, too). But your last sentence is where my comment comes in. Of course we know that that's how he gets to work. But Lois is a reporter. She's been to the farm. Repeatedly. She knows it takes 3 hours to get there. Yet she believes that Clark, who doesn't apparently own a car, is somehow commuting 6 hours a day.

Not that it matters. They play pretty fast and loose with the details like that. I told my wife this morning that we'd be losing another 20 hours of our lives next season, and she told me we didn't have to watch it. To which I responded that I had to watch, since I've been in for every episode, and that, "I watched Lana get possessed by a witch, gain magical kung-fu powers and eventually become a genetically altered superheroine. I’ll be damned if Clark 9/11ing Zod’s tower and probably taking the janitorial staff with it while Zod is holding a press conference on a sidewalk at night is gonna put me off."

maverick-99
03-05-2010, 09:17 AM
Three hours is mighty different than one (which is my commute, too). But your last sentence is where my comment comes in. Of course we know that that's how he gets to work. But Lois is a reporter. She's been to the farm. Repeatedly. She knows it takes 3 hours to get there. Yet she believes that Clark, who doesn't apparently own a car, is somehow commuting 6 hours a day.

I feel like it's ambiguous whether or not Lois knows what/who Clark really is...

Also, doesn't Chloe still live above the Talon? And Watchtower is in Metropolis, right? She has the same commute, without the superspeed.

Not that it matters. They play pretty fast and loose with the details like that. I told my wife this morning that we'd be losing another 20 hours of our lives next season, and she told me we didn't have to watch it. To which I responded that I had to watch, since I've been in for every episode, and that, "I watched Lana get possessed by a witch, gain magical kung-fu powers and eventually become a genetically altered superheroine. I’ll be damned if Clark 9/11ing Zod’s tower and probably taking the janitorial staff with it while Zod is holding a press conference on a sidewalk at night is gonna put me off."

lol, yup, that pretty much sums it up. :)

CapnChaos
03-05-2010, 10:49 AM
Yeah, I think they've moved Smallville a lot closer in the geography of the series. Hell, at the end of one of the episodes, they can see it from a windmill and it definitely isn't that far off. I think they just said, "Screw it, it's convenient."

valentine
03-05-2010, 11:12 AM
:???: (http://www.talkingwav.com/homer/homer_04.wav)