PDA

View Full Version : Nice, uniform Grendel trades - why not?

BenC (formerly Ape-X)
03-04-2010, 06:56 AM
The Nemesis thread got me thinking about this...Grendel. I love this series. I would love to have it in trade or hardcover.

I know they released a bunch of hardcovers over the past few years but why can't Dark Horse coordinate a line of nice, uniform Grendel trades / hardcovers (ala the Sandman or Transmetropolitan trades) reprinting (at the very least) the ENTIRE 50 issue Matt Wagner written epic?

Sure, I would love to see some of the ancillary tales, spin-offs and crossovers...even a few Grendel Tales (James Robinson and Darko Macan's tales come to mind).

Why isn't this happening? Dark Horse - why don't you want my money?!

panco
03-04-2010, 07:00 AM
Someone from Dark Horse called, they hate you and don't want to have anything to do with you.

Marcdachamp
03-04-2010, 07:02 AM
Someone from Dark Horse called, they hate you and don't want to have anything to do with you.

Also, you smell awful. Their words, not mine.

BenC (formerly Ape-X)
03-04-2010, 07:05 AM
I knew it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aasutton
03-04-2010, 11:29 AM
The Nemesis thread got me thinking about this...Grendel. I love this series. I would love to have it in trade or hardcover.

I know they released a bunch of hardcovers over the past few years but why can't Dark Horse coordinate a line of nice, uniform Grendel trades / hardcovers (ala the Sandman or Transmetropolitan trades) reprinting (at the very least) the ENTIRE 50 issue Matt Wagner written epic?

Sure, I would love to see some of the ancillary tales, spin-offs and crossovers...even a few Grendel Tales (James Robinson and Darko Macan's tales come to mind).

Why isn't this happening? Dark Horse - why don't you want my money?!

All of the core Grendel series is collected by Dark Horse except for issues 20-22. Apparently the art for these issues has deteriorated to the point that it can't be reprinted with any kind of quality. See The Grendel Wikipedia Entry (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grendel_%28comics%29).

Personally, I'd love to see some continued adventures of Grendel Prime in the post-apocalyptic world he inhabits.