PDA

View Full Version : DEADPOOL: Dark Reign Collection

dEnny!
03-04-2010, 05:37 AM
Okay, I was willing to overlook that it collects #6-7 and #10-12 until at the end of issue seven it says TO BE CONTINUED IN DEADPOOL/THUNDERBOLTS: DARK REIGN!

Then it has a recap page of what happened in that collection. ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!?!?

I picked up the PHC (because I stupidly picked up the first PHC) and got 5 ISSUES FOR $20!

That's $15 worth of comics, why not include those four issues and charge me $25...oh wait, that'd be forfeiting receiving an additional $5 and cutting me a deal of $2...we can't have that. :roll:

I can live with To Be Continued at the end of a trade, just lets the reader know the story is continuing...okay, I can do that, but within the middle of a collection is embarrassing in my opinion.

MARVEL COMICS...you don't have to buy them! Words to live by.

Evan the Shaggy
03-04-2010, 05:40 AM
Yeah, the trade prices are getting ridiculous. Secret Invasion: Thor for example is three issues for $15.

I've always been of the thought that trade prices should be equal to or lesser than single issues.

dEnny!
03-04-2010, 05:42 AM
Yeah, the trade prices are getting ridiculous. Secret Invasion: Thor for example is three issues for $15.

I've always been of the thought that trade prices should be equal to or lesser than single issues.

Especially since as Warren Ellis states that comics act as loss leaders paying for the cost of production.

Marcdachamp
03-04-2010, 05:44 AM
You're better off. The Thunderbolts arc was the weakest arc for both titles. Deadpool has, otherwise, been fantastic.

bachman
03-04-2010, 05:45 AM
Yeah, unfortunately it seems like 4 issues has now become the acceptable amount for a $20 PHC.

Greygor
03-04-2010, 05:55 AM
This sort of thing is actually the reason I'm put off trade waiting

wait a minute ... could that be their plan to keep monthly sales up :mistrust:

Lord Jermaine Retail
03-04-2010, 06:04 AM
This sort of thing is actually the reason I'm put off trade waiting

wait a minute ... could that be their plan to keep monthly sales up :mistrust:

I was just talking with someone about that very idea...

Doug
03-04-2010, 06:08 AM
That is PHC pricing, what will the trade cost be?

That's why when I say I'm trade waiting, I actually wait on the trade.

And then usually too much time has passed and I've lost all interest in the book (Moon Knight by Houston and Finch I'm looking at you). So in the long run I end up saving even more money.

BenH
03-04-2010, 06:08 AM
I stopped collecting singles a few years ago with the intention of trade waiting, but the unreasonable prices, mix of hardcover vs. paperback availability (Secret Invasion spin-offs and storylines in paperbook while the mini is still only in hardcover), and confusing release schedules put me off altogether. Too bad.

THWIP!
03-04-2010, 06:10 AM
Thunderbolts crossover was weak.

Brother Power the Gong
03-04-2010, 06:12 AM
I stopped collecting singles a few years ago with the intention of trade waiting, but the unreasonable prices, mix of hardcover vs. paperback availability (Secret Invasion spin-offs and storylines in paperbook while the mini is still only in hardcover), and confusing release schedules put me off altogether. Too bad.

I may be misreading this, but the SI mini is only in paperback.

dEnny!
03-04-2010, 06:21 AM

The Deadpool: Suicide Kings mini-series is in OHC though. :roll: Irritating. I like conformity/uniformity...I'm working on my OCD. :D

dEnny!
03-04-2010, 06:22 AM
That is PHC pricing, what will the trade cost be?

That's why when I say I'm trade waiting, I actually wait on the trade.

And then usually too much time has passed and I've lost all interest in the book (Moon Knight by Houston and Finch I'm looking at you). So in the long run I end up saving even more money.

The trade was priced appropriately at $14.99.

I wish I had TRADE waited (like with Cable) instead of going with the PHC with Deadpool.

Brother Power the Gong
03-04-2010, 06:26 AM
The Deadpool: Suicide Kings mini-series is in OHC though. :roll: Irritating. I like conformity/uniformity...I'm working on my OCD. :D

I gotcha, and I'm the same way.

BenH
03-04-2010, 06:29 AM

I thought it was in Hardcover for a while. I guess I'm mis-remembering, but there was definitely a major mini-series that I wanted to get that was only available in hardcover for about 3-6 months, while the crossover issues of various regular series were being released in paperback.

Matt Jay
03-04-2010, 06:46 AM
I waited for the trade and got 30% off. Totally worth it for the Bullseye issues alone.

I had no interest in the T-bolts crossover anyway. From the previews I read months ago, it looked really bad.

Marcdachamp
03-04-2010, 06:52 AM
I waited for the trade and got 30% off. Totally worth it for the Bullseye issues alone.

I had no interest in the T-bolts crossover anyway. From the previews I read months ago, it looked really bad.

It wasn't awful, but it paled in comparison to the rest of the series which has been just fantastic.

Corey A.
03-04-2010, 07:15 AM
I picked up the PHC (because I stupidly picked up the first PHC) and got 5 ISSUES FOR $20!

Not as stupid as you think......

http://www.amazon.com/Deadpool-Secret-Invasion-Premiere-HC/dp/0785139540/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1267719290&sr=8-1

Big Poot!
03-04-2010, 08:18 AM
"Marvel Digital Comics Unlimited" is your friend. 300+ trade paperbacks, 365 days, $59.99. That's like $0.01 per issue. For the price of 1.5 comics a month!

Deadpool #1-12 is in there already, complete set. I read 'em.

Plus alot of the older classic Deadpool, and lots of the "Cable & Deadpool" run.

RoShambo
03-04-2010, 08:25 AM

http://www.amazon.com/Deadpool-Secret-Invasion-Premiere-HC/dp/0785139540/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1267719290&sr=8-1

What's up with that??

Corey A.
03-04-2010, 08:38 AM
What's up with that??

Recently went out of print in hardcover format so it now goes for crazy amounts of $ online. Ebay's not quite as bad but it's still around the $50+ range.

RoShambo
03-04-2010, 08:43 AM
Recently went out of print in hardcover format so it now goes for crazy amounts of $ online. Ebay's not quite as bad but it's still around the $50+ range.

Sheesh.
I got it about a year ago, for $12, with the Secret invasion TPB (for free). :crazy: :lol:

Evan the Shaggy
03-04-2010, 09:00 AM
I'm gonna start looking through book stores near me for that Deadpool hardcover. I'm almost positive I've seen one or two around.

tom daylight
03-04-2010, 09:30 AM
I never understand why anyone buys the PHCs. Total ripoff; it's an inferior format to the OHCs, costs more than TPBs and when combined with their partners cost more than OHCs too. And it's not even the primary format this material appears in.

leviathan
03-04-2010, 09:37 AM
I never understand why anyone buys the PHCs. Total ripoff; it's an inferior format to the OHCs, costs more than TPBs and when combined with their partners cost more than OHCs too. And it's not even the primary format this material appears in.

I think most people just get tired of waiting. The PHC comes out within a month of two of the finished arc and the trade comes out another 3-4 months after that. Some people just don't want to wait, I guess.

There's also the whole thing about people just liking HCs, PHC or otherwise, for display purposes.

Jef UK
03-04-2010, 10:33 AM

Not very many books get the OHC treatment anymore, and they are out for several months before the trade, and they're nice and durable.

tom daylight
03-04-2010, 11:08 AM
Not very many books get the OHC treatment anymore

Actually, it's picked up again lately (nearly all of Marvel's top tier material barring Spider-Man has had an OHC in the past twelve months, and it seems to be the default format for Uncanny X-Men at the moment). But I'd rather they did more OHCs instead of PHCs.

dEnny!
03-04-2010, 11:08 AM

I don't pay full price for my comics so 30% off $20 and 30% off $15 for 5 issues still means I'm paying more.

(I normally pay 37-40% off retail for my comics; I got the first Deadpool PHC for 50% off.)

tom daylight
03-04-2010, 11:09 AM
I think most people just get tired of waiting. The PHC comes out within a month of two of the finished arc and the trade comes out another 3-4 months after that. Some people just don't want to wait, I guess.

Sure, I almost get that, except... if they don't want to wait, then why didn't they just get the issues as they were coming out?!!

dEnny!
03-04-2010, 11:09 AM

That's if I can get that price, which I doubt.

dEnny!
03-04-2010, 11:13 AM

Or $18.50.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Deadpool-Vol-1-Secret-Invasion-HC-New-Rare-Premiere-Ed_W0QQitemZ290406402101QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Fict ion_Books?hash=item439d920835

:D

dEnny!
03-04-2010, 11:17 AM
Sure, I almost get that, except... if they don't want to wait, then why didn't they just get the issues as they were coming out?!!

There's a little difference between waiting 5-6 months and waiting 12-13 months, not that I advocate the PHC format, but sometimes I'm willing depending on the story.