PDA

View Full Version : Disney's Ant-Man

Greygor
03-04-2010, 02:21 AM
We already know that director Edgar Wright (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz) has written the first draft of Marvel's "Ant-Man" movie and is planning to get to work on the second draft.

Plus, Stan Lee recently confirmed that "Ant-Man" is in the works, stating: "I had lunch with the cool, young director Edgar Wright and, as you'd imagine, we had fun discussing the tiny hero. Marvel is prepping a movie starring– Ant Man!"

And now, Disney has taken the next step by purchasing the Ant-Man-TheMovie.com domain name. Does this confirm that "Ant-Man" will finally happen? I have no idea, but the studio is clearly pushing forward.

Ant-Man is a superhero with the ability to shrink at will and communicate with insects. He was also was one of the founding members of The Avengers, which means that the character might be introduced in "The Avengers" movie before getting his own film.

Worst Previews (http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=16945)

But I can't find record of this of than the domain being no longer available, and why a Disney not Marvel productions? And does this mean no Hank Pym in Avengers

Gregory
03-04-2010, 05:39 AM
I thought this was the Lang Ant-Man.

Pym can still be Yellow Jacket.

Greygor
03-04-2010, 05:52 AM

Not sure, either way I'd like to see a Pym tie in. I assume if Disney and Marvel are joined a film character exchange between production companies is not out of the realms of possibility.

Plus if you can get the production off the ground prior to The Avengers you have a neet little way of bringing Hank into the picture.

Marcdachamp
03-04-2010, 05:56 AM
It should totally be Erc O'Grady.

The Dean
03-04-2010, 05:56 AM
If anything that the previous comic book movies have taught us: comic book movies sometimes aren't based on what happens in the comic book.

I wouldn't be surprised to see an Avengers movie with or without Pym.

Hell, the Cap movie is titled, "The First Avenger" and we already know that's not what happened in the comics.

Marcdachamp
03-04-2010, 06:00 AM
By the way, one of you needs to change your avatar, it's confusing as fuck.

Gregory
03-04-2010, 06:06 AM

If this board had any more Houses, it'd be a suburb.

Jason California
03-04-2010, 06:08 AM
don't change.

Marcdachamp
03-04-2010, 06:09 AM
If this board had any more Houses, it'd be a suburb.

:lol: Well played.

Greygor
03-04-2010, 06:22 AM

He Changes it every month at least.

I remain the same.

And as always Confusion is our friend.

I am suprised you chose only to pick on the Avatar and left the name alone :)

Gregory
03-04-2010, 06:29 AM

I remain the same.

It's true. I'll upload a St. Patrick's House next week.

Marcdachamp
03-04-2010, 06:44 AM

I remain the same.

And as always Confusion is our friend.

I am suprised you chose only to pick on the Avatar and left the name alone :)

I actually was gonna mention the name too, but I figured the avatar would be enough. :lol:

I actually love the changing House. Gregory's pretty clever about it.

Greygor
03-04-2010, 07:05 AM
I actually was gonna mention the name too, but I figured the avatar would be enough. :lol:

I actually love the changing House. Gregory's pretty clever about it.

And surprisingly we had no idea about each other, just like on Blackadder

Blackadder: You are clearly a woman of principle and compassion, Mistress….?

Mrs. Ploppy: Ploppy, sir!

Blackadder: Aah! So, you are married to…?

Mrs. Ploppy: No! Many people think that, but it’s pure coincidence! We did laugh when first we found out. “Good morning Mistress Ploppy”, he’d say. And I’d say…

Mr. & Mrs. Ploppy: [in unison] Good morning Mister Ploppy! [both laugh]

Blackadder: Those long winter evenings must just fly by.

TheTravis!
03-04-2010, 07:08 AM
Rick Moranis is Hank Pym!

http://www.lovefilm.com/lovefilm/images/products/0/8970-large.jpg

Spidey616
03-04-2010, 07:54 AM
Wonder if he's in Avengers or not

Stupendous Man
03-04-2010, 08:11 AM
I just really like the idea of Edgar Wright doing a superhero movie.

BWC Boston
03-04-2010, 09:25 AM

I remember an article forever ago where Wright said he wanted it to take place on two timelines, with Pym as the Ant-Man of the past and Lang as the Ant-Man of the present. That sounded awesome and strange, but lord knows if it's still the plan or just something he was considering at the time.

It should totally be Erc O'Grady.
God, yes.

OzMan
03-05-2010, 07:12 AM
Does this mean that Ant-Man will have a light-hearted tone, it seems to me they are aiming for something a little more comedic.

Akira
03-05-2010, 08:03 AM
Hmmm, Disney did have some CLASSIFIED books in previews this month. I wonder if they're doing something with the character in their comics too.

bartleby
06-29-2010, 05:13 PM
I've heard conflicting reports: that you're making Ant-Man naturalistic and that you're making it a comedy...

I haven't actually started the second draft yet--I'm not going to be able to until this film [Scott Pilgrim] is out--but what we wrote for the first draft, and what Marvel really liked, is that it's funny, but it's a genre film. It's about the level of comedy that Iron Man has. The idea is to make a high-concept genre film where it's within another genre. His suit and its power is the big gadget and it takes place in the real world. I just wanted to do something that was slightly different than the superhero origin film. I felt that between that and the various mad scientist, crazy doctor films that we've all seen, this would be a way into an origin that was slightly different. I'm not really a multi-tasker--I haven't done anything since Marvel liked our first draft.

http://www.boxoffice.com/articles/2010-06-edgar-wright-talks-scott-pilgrim-and-ant-man

southsidejohnny
06-29-2010, 06:40 PM
maybe its a PIXAR thing. itll be animated instead of live-action. could be cool.

Spidey616
04-10-2011, 06:47 PM
Looks like second draft is in, another step forward!

Ant Man Second Draft Delivered Two Days Ago By Edgar Wright And Joe Cornish (http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/04/09/ant-man-second-draft-delivered-two-days-ago-by-edgar-wright-and-joe-cornish-cornish-has-ideas-for-attack-the-block-2/)