PDA

View Full Version : Wolverine Sequel Script is Ready; Filming to Begin in Japan in January

Andrew
03-03-2010, 06:00 PM
Wolverine Sequel Script is Ready; Filming to Begin Soon
Like it or not, the sequel to X-Men Origins: Wolverine is a go film. Get ready to see Jackman tackle Logan's Japan saga.

Regardless of mixed reviews, the financial success of last year's X-Men Origins: Wolverine guaranteed a sequel. The project, which star Hugh Jackman has slowly been hyping, has entered the next stage of production.

ShowBiz411 has just reported that scribe Christopher McQuarrie (X-Men, Valkyrie) has completed a first draft of the script. The site's source revealed a few details pertaining to the film's direction:

"The script is a little different than originally thought. [It's] based on a story cycle by Frank Miller and Chris Claremont. Wolverine’s adventures in martial arts will be a love story featuring a Japanese actress, I am told.

'It’s a beautiful story,' says a source, 'and will be very different than the first film.'"

They went on to say that the production is slated to begin filming in January, 2011. Though Hugh Jackman is the only actor presently attached to the film, Liev Schreiber, who portrayed Logan's brother and nemesis Victor/Sabertooth in the first X-Men spin-off, has recently expressed interest in returning. Whether his character is written into the script has yet to be revealed.

No director is currently attached to the project.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Poniverse/news/?a=15481

WOLVERINE Sequel Filming In January?

According to The Hollywood Reporter’s Showbiz 411 blog, the sequel to Hugh Jackman’s 2009 hit X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE may start filming in January of next year for a possible 2012 release.

Writer Christopher McQuarrie of “Valkyrie” has apparently finished the script which sees Wolverine living and struggling to survive in Japan. Chaos ensues when the adamantium-clawed mutant forms a close relationship with the daughter of a dangerous Japanese crime lord.

“It’s a beautiful story.” says a source to Showbiz 411. “[It] will be very different than the first film.”

Producers are hoping to make the film as authentic as possible and film on location in Japan.

WOLVERINE: JAPAN (just what we’re calling it) is among other developing films in the X-MEN franchise, including director Bryan Singer’s X-MEN: FIRST CLASS, and the Ryan Reynolds’ starring DEADPOOL.

http://xmenfilms.net/blog1/?p=3486

leafinsectman
03-03-2010, 06:04 PM
Please make it good this time :(

The Hodag
03-03-2010, 06:17 PM
Oh, they're basing it on the original Wolverine mini? With Shingen and Yukio and Wolverine getting his ass beat by a wooden sword? Great stuff there. The more faithful they are, the better.

I never did see the first movie, though. I know it's gotten some pretty harsh criticism. What was the big weakness?

CapnChaos
03-03-2010, 06:23 PM
The sound of my indifference is deafening!

The Hodag
03-03-2010, 06:25 PM
The sound of my indifference is deafening!

If you're so indifferent you wouldn't have posted.

Face it...

YOU CARE.

SeanC
03-03-2010, 06:26 PM
Wolverine can fight Zod in this one since he met The Kents in the first movie.

THWIP!
Oh, they're basing it on the original Wolverine mini? With Shingen and Yukio and Wolverine getting his ass beat by a wooden sword? Great stuff there. The more faithful they are, the better.

I never did see the first movie, though. I know it's gotten some pretty harsh criticism. What was the big weakness?

Where to begin?

The shoehorning of characters, the stupid way to make him lose his memory, Deadpool, the special effects, the story, forcing continuity with the X-Men films, and dumb jokes. I'm sure there's more.

Ryan Elliott
I'm there.

THWIP!
03-03-2010, 06:27 PM
I hope this movie surprises me and is actually good. They need to think long and hard about who they want to bring into directing the movie.

The Hodag
Where to begin?

The shoehorning of characters, the stupid way to make him lose his memory, Deadpool, the special effects, the story, forcing continuity with the X-Men films, and dumb jokes. I'm sure there's more.

I must see it!

Wow, bad f/x even? They looked okay on the previews...

Blue Flash
At least the story this time is better. At least, on paper. So to speak.

costello
Woah. Is thIs the story where Wolverine gets his ass handed to him, a lot?

THWIP!
03-03-2010, 06:29 PM
I must see it!

Wow, bad f/x even? They looked okay on the previews...

My biggest pissed off effect was that in the three X-Men movies Wolverine's claws looked real and amazing, you could never tell if they were there or computer generated, there's a scene in the bathroom where the claws clearly look computer generated. Terrible.

The Hodag
03-03-2010, 06:31 PM
Woah. Is thIs the story where Wolverine gets his ass handed to him, a lot?

At least once, in a big way.

http://comicsmedia.ign.com/comics/image/article/971/971805/wolverines-greatest-fights-20090424032332801.jpg

But I seem to recall he gets pretty psychologically fucked up too.

costello
03-03-2010, 06:31 PM
I hope this movie surprises me and is actually good. They need to think long and hard about who they want to bring into directing the movie.

I don't know. For every 300 and Sin City there's a Robocop 3 and The Spirit.

The Hodag
03-03-2010, 06:32 PM
My biggest pissed off effect was that in the three X-Men movies Wolverine's claws looked real and amazing, you could never tell if they were there or computer generated, there's a scene in the bathroom where the claws clearly look computer generated. Terrible.

Yeah, given how good CGI can look when done well, it's a bit of a shock to the system when you see a throwback to...

http://www.videoville.org/wiki/images/thumb/c/c6/Nothing2.jpg/550px-Nothing2.jpg

costello
03-03-2010, 06:35 PM

I need to reread it. I think The Hand actually beat him pretty bad.

Wow. Think of it. The Hand actually winning a fight against a superhero.

THWIP!
03-03-2010, 06:37 PM
I don't know. For every 300 and Sin City there's a Robocop 3 and The Spirit.

I'm hoping it's good but the trailer has to be mind blowing.

The Hodag
03-03-2010, 06:43 PM
I need to reread it. I think The Hand actually beat him pretty bad.

Wow. Think of it. The Hand actually winning a fight against a superhero.

I think that was the mini where he got pincushioned by arrows.

RickLM
03-03-2010, 06:52 PM

http://comicsmedia.ign.com/comics/image/article/971/971805/wolverines-greatest-fights-20090424032332801.jpg

I read this mini-series for the first time a few months ago. It should make for a nice movie.

As for Wolverine, I thought it was comparable to X3 -- a somewhat disjointed story that lacked tension, but enough super-hero stuff to keep a comic fan interested.

THWIP!
03-03-2010, 06:55 PM
I think that was the mini where he got pincushioned by arrows.

I read the miller/claremont mini series a few months ago and the interesting thing to me was that Wolverine's healing power wasn't as huge as it is now. Meaning, he used it back then, obviously, but he also new how to fight and didn't rely on it as a crutch, and when he was injured it took him a while to get better, unlike now, he jumps in, gets blasted and is up and running in seconds.

DaveCummings
03-03-2010, 07:02 PM
I have faith that it will be good. I did like the first movie. I thought that it's big weakness was shoving way too many characters in there. I mean, using the Wild Pack in the beginning was pretty good, but it started to fall off the rails when they put Gambit (though I liked Gambit in the movie), Scott and Emma and others.

Personally, I think they could of dropped off Scott and alot of the kids, Gambit and Blob and kept Wraith, Deadpool, Sabretooth, and Maverick in the Wildpack. Maybe they could of replaced Blob with Gambit in the Wildpack team.

The Hodag
03-03-2010, 07:42 PM
I read the miller/claremont mini series a few months ago and the interesting thing to me was that Wolverine's healing power wasn't as huge as it is now. Meaning, he used it back then, obviously, but he also new how to fight and didn't rely on it as a crutch, and when he was injured it took him a while to get better, unlike now, he jumps in, gets blasted and is up and running in seconds.

Yep. I mean, that was my era, so I've been progressively more weirded out by his healing in the last few...

Uhh...

Decades.

Ryan Elliott
03-03-2010, 07:45 PM

Which I think is a lot more badass.

He doesn't have to worry about getting hurt and being out for too long. It's straight up balls to the wall gory violence with no limitations on Wolverine.

He can take whatever you can throw and come back for more and more and dish out even worse.

BWC Boston
03-03-2010, 07:55 PM
Which I think is a lot more badass.

He doesn't have to worry about getting hurt and being out for too long. It's straight up balls to the wall gory violence with no limitations on Wolverine.

He can take whatever you can throw and come back for more and more and dish out even worse.

Now he just needs some cool tattoos and an electric guitar!!! Yeah!!!! Radical!!!!!!

Ryan Elliott
03-03-2010, 07:56 PM
Now he just needs some cool tattoos and an electric guitar!!! Yeah!!!! Radical!!!!!!

Oh boy that was SOOOOO funny!!!

Michael John Wheeler
03-03-2010, 08:01 PM
This makes me happy since we'll probably get a second Wolverine Omnibus out of it :)

The Hodag
03-03-2010, 08:02 PM
Just generally speaking, I wish a lot of superheroes were less powerful. I want to see 'em doing more cool, creative shit with their powers, but I don't need them to be supreme badasses. Even Wolverine.

Andrew
03-03-2010, 08:04 PM
Just generally speaking, I wish a lot of superheroes were less powerful. I want to see 'em doing more cool, creative shit with their powers, but I don't need them to be supreme badasses. Even Wolverine.

So I take it you're not much of a Superman fan.

The Hodag
03-03-2010, 08:05 PM
Ryan, even you gotta admit the shit where he gets blasted to a skeleton and still regenerates is pretty retarded, right?

The Hodag
03-03-2010, 08:06 PM
So I take it you're not much of a Superman fan.

I don't usually like him when he's infinitely powerful, but Morrison made it work. Mostly I like the approach John Byrne had.

But Superman's kind of an exception to the rule, anyway. He's fuckin' Superman!

But I don't need Wolverine to be Superman.

Hyperstorm
03-03-2010, 08:09 PM
The director they choose for this could make or break this branch of the franchise.

Please please please not Gavin Hood again. PLEASE!!!!

BWC Boston
03-03-2010, 08:11 PM

I agree with this. There's a place for the truly super-powered (Superman, Hulk, Thor, etc), but there's a lot to be said for the clever use of mid-range powers. I mean, I'm not a super big fan of his, but look at all the cool shit Garth Ennis had people like Jesse Custer and Tommy Monaghan do with their extremely specific, even limited, skills.

Wolverine's not really a scrapper or a fighter anymore; he's a tank.

Andrew
03-03-2010, 08:30 PM
I don't usually like him when he's infinitely powerful, but Morrison made it work. Mostly I like the approach John Byrne had.

But Superman's kind of an exception to the rule, anyway. He's fuckin' Superman!

But I don't need Wolverine to be Superman.

Well, even an all-powerful Wolverine could never be Superman, since, you know, Wolverine actually has a personality.

Hyperstorm
03-03-2010, 08:31 PM
Well, even an all-powerful Wolverine could never be Superman, since, you know, Wolverine actually has a personality.

And can't fly.

Oh yeah, and red is so not his colour (even if it would hide those nasty blood stains).

The Hodag
03-03-2010, 08:35 PM

Oh, one of those guys, eh?

THWIP!
03-03-2010, 08:38 PM

Yeah, agreed.

juampi
03-03-2010, 08:46 PM
Is Amora The Enchantress going to be in it?

Ryan Elliott
03-03-2010, 08:49 PM
Is Amora The Enchantress going to be in it?

No, but I hear Jubilee will be in it.

Bendis auditioned for the role and almost got it, but the glare from his head...

Ah fuck it.

One_Sick_Triceratops
03-04-2010, 02:42 AM

Yeah I think his healing factor has gotten too powerful. My favourite Wolverine story is Uncanny X-Men 205, which would be impossible with his current instant healing powers.

Kurt Russell Crowe
03-04-2010, 02:53 AM
Glad they get another chance after the cinematic poo that was the last one. Do it right this time, fuckers.

Andrew
03-04-2010, 06:20 AM
The director they choose for this could make or break this branch of the franchise.

Please please please not Gavin Hood again. PLEASE!!!!

I seriously doubt that Gavin Hood will be back.

Rafiennes
03-04-2010, 06:30 AM
McQuarrie's writing the script?
I'm interested.

PatrickA
03-04-2010, 06:34 AM
I enjoyed the first one well enough, but I waited to watch it until it was on pay per view and the reviews had lowered my expectations to an amazing degree.

They should scale back the first one a lot, but they won't because they (understandably) wanna make money and a lower key, less explosion oriented movie probably won't sell as well.

DAVE
03-04-2010, 06:38 AM
Looks like David's gonna have to take another trip to Vegas!

Marcdachamp
03-04-2010, 06:39 AM
I want the Silver Samurai as the big bad.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing Gambit back, although it probably wouldn't make much sense. He was great in the first one.

TheTravis!
03-04-2010, 07:00 AM
I will cop to actually enjoying the first Wolverine movie. But a plot of that is because I saw it for free. If I had paid to see it, I probably would have been pissed.

It's certainly better than X-3, at any rate.

Andrew
03-04-2010, 07:03 AM
I want the Silver Samurai as the big bad.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing Gambit back, although it probably wouldn't make much sense. He was great in the first one.

I'd like to see Gambit as well, and although it probably wouldn't make much sense, as you say, Gambit is the first person that Wolverine spoke to after losing his memory. So the door is open for them to meet again without it contradicting any of the continuity.

Sam Little
03-04-2010, 07:55 AM
That source material is exactly what I want to see on screen. I'd be really pleased if they managed to refrain from jamming in a bunch of other super-powered people that have nothing to do with the original storyline. Maybe Silver Samurai if they absolutely HAVE to. But, god, no Deadpool or (shudder) Gambit.

Andrew
03-04-2010, 08:12 AM
That source material is exactly what I want to see on screen. I'd be really pleased if they managed to refrain from jamming in a bunch of other super-powered people that have nothing to do with the original storyline. Maybe Silver Samurai if they absolutely HAVE to. But, god, no Deadpool or (shudder) Gambit.

Deadpool is a definite no since he'll be getting his own movie around the same time.

Andrew
03-04-2010, 08:14 AM
In the first article it mentions Liev Schreiber wanting to return in some capacity. For those who have read the original Japanese story, is Sabretooth actually in it at all?

TheTravis!
03-04-2010, 08:15 AM
In the first article it mentions Liev Schreiber wanting to return in some capacity. For those who have read the original Japanese story, is Sabretooth actually in it at all?

Nope. It would be a few more years until Sabretooth was even tied to the Wolverine mythos.

maverick-99
03-04-2010, 09:23 AM
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Poniverse/news/?a=15481
http://xmenfilms.net/blog1/?p=3486

They are really going through with this, huh?

Looks like they are sticking closer to the source material this time though, which is promising.

Marcdachamp
03-04-2010, 09:26 AM
I'd like to see Gambit as well, and although it probably wouldn't make much sense, as you say, Gambit is the first person that Wolverine spoke to after losing his memory. So the door is open for them to meet again without it contradicting any of the continuity.

I'd be happy with Gambit, Silver Samurai and Sabretooth. Liev Shreiber was awesome as Creed.

Evan the Shaggy
03-04-2010, 09:27 AM
Let's have Roughhouse and Bloodscream in this one.

Andrew
03-04-2010, 11:08 AM
McQuarrie's writing the script?
I'm interested.

Yeah. This is why I have higher hopes for this one.

Ahmed
03-04-2010, 12:01 PM
I'd be happy with Gambit, Silver Samurai and Sabretooth. Liev Shreiber was awesome as Creed.

He really was. I thought the relationship between Wolverine and Sabretooth was really well done.

Ryan Elliott
03-04-2010, 12:08 PM

Fuck yes he was. Sadistic, smart, completely evil. Perfect Sabertooth.

Maestro
03-04-2010, 12:12 PM
I didn't think the first movie was horrible. It was just dull and not exciting in the least.

Andrew
03-04-2010, 12:57 PM
I didn't think the first movie was horrible. It was just dull and not exciting in the least.

Yeah.

Andrew
03-04-2010, 12:58 PM
Fuck yes he was. Sadistic, smart, completely evil. Perfect Sabertooth.

His performance was indeed really great. Best part of the movie (along with Jackman, obviously).

That and the war scenes at the beginning.

A.Huerta
03-04-2010, 01:01 PM

Schreiber needs to go away. He was a poor mans Sabretooth.

Ryan Elliott
03-04-2010, 01:03 PM

No. No he was not.

http://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0297/xmen5.jpg

He was.

A.Huerta
03-04-2010, 01:05 PM
They both sucked.

Andrew
03-04-2010, 01:05 PM
No. No he was not.

http://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0297/xmen5.jpg

He was.

:lol:

Truth.

Unfortunately, based on interviews it's clear that Schreiber assumes that his character will eventually morph into Tyler Mane, rather than going with the fanboy theory that they'll keep Victor and X1 Sabretooth as separate characters.

Makes me sad.

A.Huerta
03-04-2010, 01:11 PM
Schreiber couldve been a good Doom or some other smart ass villain but giving him sideburns and long nails does not equal a psycho, sadistic Sabretooth. Thats just me, tho...

I dont think Ive ever drawn Victor. Weird.

Natty P
03-04-2010, 01:41 PM
I enjoyed the first one well enough

Andrew
03-04-2010, 03:12 PM
Schreiber couldve been a good Doom or some other smart ass villain but giving him sideburns and long nails does not equal a psycho, sadistic Sabretooth. Thats just me, tho...

I dont think Ive ever drawn Victor. Weird.

Side-note: though he was nothing like the comics, I really enjoyed the character they were trying to pass off as Doom in the FF movies. Julian McMahon is pretty cool.

Andrew
03-04-2010, 07:15 PM

But you don't like Jackman as Wolverine anyway, so these movies will never make you happy.

Dreg
03-05-2010, 10:01 AM
The Wolverine character didn't get good until they established the paradox of the berzerker samurai. Movie Wolverine isn't yet a paradox. He gets mad, but he still acts noble all the time. If this movie is going to get it right, we need to see the animal. The scumbag. The womanizer. The pivotal word in this story should be "duality."

Oh yeah, and let's see the mask at least once, huh?

Roman Noodles
03-05-2010, 10:02 AM
Yeah! This is the Wolvy film I've been waiting for! :rock:

Marcdachamp
03-05-2010, 10:03 AM
The Wolverine character didn't get good until they established the paradox of the berzerker samurai. Movie Wolverine isn't yet a paradox. He gets mad, but he still acts noble all the time. If this movie is going to get it right, we need to see the animal. The scumbag. The womanizer. The pivotal word in this story should be "duality."

Oh yeah, and let's see the mask at least once, huh?

I keep waiting to see them break out the mask. You know it'll happen eventually. Just one flick, that's all I ask.

Andrew
03-05-2010, 11:28 AM
I keep waiting to see them break out the mask. You know it'll happen eventually. Just one flick, that's all I ask.

I'd be curious to see if they could make the costume look cool in live-action, yeah.

However, I personally don't think we'll ever see movie Wolverine in costume. We can always hope though.

A.Huerta
03-05-2010, 11:31 AM
But you don't like Jackman as Wolverine anyway, so these movies will never make you happy.

True, but they couldve won me over with a good sabretooth. That didnt happen. :sad:

niceguyeddie
03-05-2010, 03:09 PM
ugh... i won't rag on the flick because I imagine there's been enough ragging on the wolverine movie but i am just not excited for this sequel.
even with chris mcquarrie's script.
the last one was scripted by david benioff (25th hour). of course it went through changes and different writers but that also adds to my point that while they might at THIS moment have a damn great fucking script... it's just gotten to the point where I just can't get excited over what in my opinion (and it IS just my opinion) shouldn't be too hard of a story to tell when they have a bunch of reference material to reference and adapt into what should be a great frigging story and film.

Andrew
04-07-2010, 08:31 AM
Hugh Jackman Talks Wolverine 2 Script and Shooting Location

The actor who brought the iconic hero to life in four films is happy with the script to the X-Men Origins sequel; says filming on location is a 'definite.'

At the premiere of the new movie Date Night, MTV News caught up with X-Men star Hugh Jackman. The Aussie actor had nothing but praise for script of the latest installment of the X-franchise:

"It's the best one we've had," said Jackman in reference to the screenplay be Christopher McQuarrie.

The sequel to X-Men Origins: Wolverine will follow the clawed berserker to Japan and is said to be inspired by Chris Claremont and Frank Miller's run on the comic character. Fans will see Wolverine face off against a notorious Japanese crime lord, while also falling in love with his daughter, Mariko. Regarding the tentative filming location for the project, Jackman said,

"At least part of it [will be filmed in Japan]. You know how these things work. We may not be able to do all of it in Japan, but definitely a lot of it."

When asked whether there are any plans of giving the film the 3-D treatment, which many fans are sure to be against, he answered, "Don't know — but that's a good question."

The yet to be titled film will begin production early next year, for a planned release date sometime in 2011.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Poniverse/news/?a=16759

Brad N.
04-07-2010, 09:27 AM
Deadpool is a definite no since he'll be getting his own movie around the same time.

:no:

Reynolds is filming Green Lantern right now. I am 100% certain there will not be a Deadpool movie at any point in the near future.

RoShambo
04-07-2010, 09:31 AM

Reynolds is filming Green Lantern right now. I am 100% certain there will not be a Deadpool movie at any point in the near future.

:sad:

A.Huerta
04-07-2010, 09:34 AM

This is true.

I'm glad too, so now Marvel can relax on all the Deadpool crap.

Brad N.
04-07-2010, 09:40 AM
This is true.

I'm glad too, so now Marvel can relax on all the Deadpool crap.

Agreed. I LOVE me some Deadpool, but whoever at Marvel decided giving him 12 books a month and making every cover a "Deadpool Variant" should be fired. There is such a thing as overkill and then there is this. This goes beyond overkill, it's the kind of thing radio stations do with a new hit song that ends up making people hate the artist.

RoShambo
04-07-2010, 09:45 AM
Agreed. I LOVE me some Deadpool, but whoever at Marvel decided giving him 12 books a month and making every cover a "Deadpool Variant" should be fired. There is such a thing as overkill and then there is this. This goes beyond overkill, it's the kind of thing radio stations do with a new hit song that ends up making people hate the artist.

Agreed, but I think there's also a segment of the audience that, when they find something that they like, will buy any and everything that they can get their hands on related to it.

I think part of what's going on is Marvel catering to them (and trying to make more $$).

A.Huerta
04-07-2010, 09:47 AM
Agreed, but I think there's also a segment of the audience that, when they find something that they like, will buy any and everything that they can get their hands on related to it.

I think part of what's going on is Marvel catering to them (and trying to make more $$).

those type of people are a very small minority. Especially with this economy.

Donal DeLay
04-07-2010, 09:52 AM
I generally like McQuarrie's scripts. I'll give him the benefit of doubt. But if one single review says they speak English in Japan I'm not seeing it. Ever.

I have faith that it will be good. I did like the first movie. I thought that it's big weakness was shoving way too many characters in there. I mean, using the Wild Pack in the beginning was pretty good, but it started to fall off the rails when they put Gambit (though I liked Gambit in the movie), Scott and Emma and others.

Personally, I think they could of dropped off Scott and alot of the kids, Gambit and Blob and kept Wraith, Deadpool, Sabretooth, and Maverick in the Wildpack. Maybe they could of replaced Blob with Gambit in the Wildpack team.

Too many characters was 10% of the problem, IMO. The complete lack of logic and common sense in any scene or in the plot was a big problem for me.

Donal DeLay
04-07-2010, 09:54 AM

They should give it to Dane Cook.

*runs*

:surrend:

Brad N.
04-07-2010, 09:58 AM
They should give it to Dane Cook.

*runs*

:surrend:

:eek:

Oh, God.

I'd rather they give it to Larry the Cable Guy.

PatrickA
04-07-2010, 10:07 AM
I generally like McQuarrie's scripts. I'll give him the benefit of doubt. But if one single review says they speak English in Japan I'm not seeing it. Ever.

Why?

If everyone in the scene speaks Japanese then what difference does it really make? It's just understood that they are speaking Japanese but, to avoid using subtitles, we are hearing it in English.

Most likely, that will happen, because having a 90 minute action movie with 50 minutes of subtitles...I don't see it happening just from a marketing standpoint, assuming that it isn't a WOlverine-Jesus team up. Which would be awesome.

A.Huerta
04-07-2010, 10:19 AM
Why?

If everyone in the scene speaks Japanese then what difference does it really make? It's just understood that they are speaking Japanese but, to avoid using subtitles, we are hearing it in English.

Most likely, that will happen, because having a 90 minute action movie with 50 minutes of subtitles...I don't see it happening just from a marketing standpoint, assuming that it isn't a WOlverine-Jesus team up. Which would be awesome.

If the action is anything like the first one, I wouldnt mind reading subtitles.

Andrew
04-07-2010, 10:28 AM

Filming of Green Lantern started a month ago, and will probably be finished sometime this summer. The Deadpool script is currently being written. It's already been said that Deadpool is happening after Green Lantern. How exactly is there a conflict here?

Donal DeLay
04-07-2010, 10:51 AM
Why?

Because the transition from foreign-language into English is always poorly, POORLY done and the only purpose it serves is so American audiences don't have to read.

The only time I've seen it work was in INGLORIOUS BASTERDS, because we're under the impression that the Jew Hunter knew the people under the floor boards didn't speak english based on his interviews with neighbors. And it still bugged me.

It was a neat transition idea in VALKYRIE, but still didn't work because, in English, the characters still had various accents AND they spoke random German words so what was the point? Use the English equivelant for fuck sake.

There's nothing saying that the entire movie will take place in Japan, or that everyone Logan talks to will be Japanese. But, if he's in Japan, and the characters are speaking English JUST because the execs don't want people to read then right there it's not worth my time because it's patronizing me. (which, IMDB has Singer listed as director. And if that's true I won't see it anyways. He lost my money because of that nonsense in Valkyrie.)

If foreign characters are going to speak English, make sure it has a point to the story, or don't do it.

It's a major pet peeve of mine, and one of two things that will make me walk out of a movie.

HomerGator
04-07-2010, 11:58 AM
I just hope every X movie bombs like a bastard so FOX will let the rights revert back to Marvel, then we can get some X-Men movies that are actually good for a change.

Andrew
04-07-2010, 12:08 PM
I just hope every X movie bombs like a bastard so FOX will let the rights revert back to Marvel, then we can get some X-Men movies that are actually good for a change.

That would still take many years to happen. If they can still improve on the current series, I'm all for it.

RegularJoe
04-07-2010, 12:20 PM
Because the transition from foreign-language into English is always poorly, POORLY done and the only purpose it serves is so American audiences don't have to read.

The only time I've seen it work was in INGLORIOUS BASTERDS, because we're under the impression that the Jew Hunter knew the people under the floor boards didn't speak english based on his interviews with neighbors. And it still bugged me.

It was a neat transition idea in VALKYRIE, but still didn't work because, in English, the characters still had various accents AND they spoke random German words so what was the point? Use the English equivelant for fuck sake.

There's nothing saying that the entire movie will take place in Japan, or that everyone Logan talks to will be Japanese. But, if he's in Japan, and the characters are speaking English JUST because the execs don't want people to read then right there it's not worth my time because it's patronizing me. (which, IMDB has Singer listed as director. And if that's true I won't see it anyways. He lost my money because of that nonsense in Valkyrie.)

If foreign characters are going to speak English, make sure it has a point to the story, or don't do it.

It's a major pet peeve of mine, and one of two things that will make me walk out of a movie.

you're a very particular man.

Donal DeLay
04-07-2010, 12:31 PM
you're a very particular man.

I make no excuses for wanting quality.

silverboy
04-07-2010, 12:36 PM
Introduce alpha flight. It's only a matter of time.

A.Huerta
04-07-2010, 01:13 PM

Also Romulus, X-Force and Draken for good fight scenes and lots of special FX moments.

Mark Mavro (kryptic6)
04-07-2010, 01:58 PM
Considering the amazing Christopher McQuarrie wrote it, I bet he paid no attention to the first film and focused on just writing a good script. I bet it'll be 100 times better than the first. The only other film I've seen in the last few years that's as bad as WOLVERINE ORIGINS is what I saw last night: CLASH OF THE FUCKING TITANS. :sick:

RegularJoe
04-07-2010, 06:59 PM
I make no excuses for wanting quality.

not judging. just observing. we all have those things that we cannot abide.

dougmac
04-07-2010, 09:02 PM

I liked the first two alot. The probelm with the first Wolverine movie was that even after it leaked online it still made a shitload of money and encouraged them to make a second one that will probably be similair in the end.

Donal DeLay
04-07-2010, 09:24 PM
I liked the first two alot. The probelm with the first Wolverine movie was that even after it leaked online it still made a shitload of money and encouraged them to make a second one that will probably be similair in the end.

And you're basing the bold part on the fact that the movies McQuarrie's written so far have all been pretty good or at least better (WAY OF THE GUN) than WOLVERINE?

dougmac
04-07-2010, 09:30 PM
And you're basing the bold part on the fact that the movies McQuarrie's written so far have all been pretty good or at least better (WAY OF THE GUN) than WOLVERINE?

I think Way of the Gun is very overrated, but even given that McQuarries pretty good doesn't mean that the studio and others won't get their hands into the mix and fuck this up. It is the same people that thought Ratner could replace Singer after all.

Donal DeLay
04-07-2010, 09:43 PM
I think Way of the Gun is very overrated It's still better than WOLVERINE.
but even given that McQuarries pretty good doesn't mean that the studio and others won't get their hands into the mix and fuck this up. It is the same people that thought Ratner could replace Singer after all. The studio could also stay away from it.

You admit he's pretty good, but choose to be pessimistic instead and condemn it before it even has a title?

To each their own, but that's just silly. :crazy:

dougmac
04-07-2010, 10:00 PM
It's still better than WOLVERINE. The studio could also stay away from it.

You admit he's pretty good, but choose to be pessimistic instead and condemn it before it even has a title?

To each their own, but that's just silly. :crazy:

I didn't admit he's pretty good, I have no opinion on him really, I was saying that even if I gave you your claim that he's pretty good there ares till a lot of obsatcles to overcome. I didn't condemn it, I expressed some doubt based on past performance. You putting words in my mouth is just silly :crazy:

Donal DeLay
04-07-2010, 10:13 PM
By that logic Christopher Nolan's Superman reboot is probably going to be horrible because of previous Superman movies.

But hey, whatever's whatever, man. I'm just gonna hope it's good based on McQuarrie's past performances.

Ben
04-08-2010, 02:54 AM
Having subtitles in a Wolverine movie would be retarded. Just have them speak English.

Greygor
04-08-2010, 05:18 AM
Considering the amazing Christopher McQuarrie wrote it, I bet he paid no attention to the first film and focused on just writing a good script. I bet it'll be 100 times better than the first. The only other film I've seen in the last few years that's as bad as WOLVERINE ORIGINS is what I saw last night: CLASH OF THE FUCKING TITANS. :sick:

There's your porn version title right there

Marcdachamp
04-08-2010, 05:22 AM
Having subtitles in a Wolverine movie would be retarded. Just have them speak English.

Also a quick way to make a lot of people lose interest. I agree, Ben.

Evan the Shaggy
04-08-2010, 05:51 AM

Hmmm. Does Sony own the movie rights to Alpha Flight? Do they fall under the X banner?

Andrew
04-09-2010, 11:42 AM
Hmmm. Does Sony own the movie rights to Alpha Flight? Do they fall under the X banner?

Fox. And I'm not sure, but that's a good question. If I had to guess, I'd say probably.

Marcdachamp
04-09-2010, 12:22 PM
Fox. And I'm not sure, but that's a good question. If I had to guess, I'd say probably.

I bet Sasquatch would look pretty awesome on the big screen.

A.Huerta
04-09-2010, 12:26 PM

They would fuck that up too.

BWC Boston
04-09-2010, 02:04 PM
By that logic Christopher Nolan's Superman reboot is probably going to be horrible because of previous Superman movies.

But hey, whatever's whatever, man. I'm just gonna hope it's good based on McQuarrie's past performances.

He's "silly" for not being enthused about a sequel to movie he didn't enjoy, from a studio with a poor track record in the same franchise, written by a screenwriter he's not in love with? How is that "pessimistic?"

Next thing, maybe he'll get up in arms about the movie maybe/maybe not using a story device he doesn't like, or is insanely picky about! You think Doug's nuts for gauging his own interest in a movie before it's even titled, but you're already worried about SUBtitles! You so crazy!

UltimateFactor
04-09-2010, 02:13 PM
I liked the first one, so this will be win, win going in for me.

Natty P
04-09-2010, 02:39 PM
I liked the first one, so this will be win, win going in for me.

me too. It only had one moment that made me groan with douche chills. I don't even remember what it was, but it definitely happened.

Andrew
04-10-2010, 03:06 AM

He could, yeah.

Ben
04-10-2010, 03:29 AM
Also a quick way to make a lot of people lose interest. I agree, Ben.:heart:

Donal DeLay
04-10-2010, 06:12 AM
He's "silly" for not being enthused about a sequel to movie he didn't enjoy, from a studio with a poor track record in the same franchise, written by a screenwriter he's not in love with? How is that "pessimistic?"

Next thing, maybe he'll get up in arms about the movie maybe/maybe not using a story device he doesn't like, or is insanely picky about! You think Doug's nuts for gauging his own interest in a movie before it's even titled, but you're already worried about SUBtitles! You so crazy!

I know. I was just fucking with him. I like dougmac. He's decent people.

:D

Andrew
04-10-2010, 02:27 PM

That would make sense given that Wolverine is from North America, and would be suffering from amnesia anyway (even though he seemed to speak/understand Japanese in the alternate after-credits scene from the first film).

Andrew
07-23-2010, 03:45 PM
Tony Scott & Matt Reeves Final Contendors To Direct Wolverine Origin Sequel?

Has FOX found potential directors for the sequel to X-Men Origins: Wolverine in Tony Scott and Matt Reeves? According the The Playlist they have.

Coming from "very" reliable source of The Playlist, apparently FOX has quietly been searching for a director for their followup to X-Men Origins: Wolverine. And while Matthew Vaugh's X-Men: First Class is in the casting stage, several directors who were considered to direct that, have talked to the studio about the gig.

The Playlist says..."Kathryn Bigelow, Timur Bekmambetov, and Daniel Espinosa have talked to FOX about directing WOLVERINE 2, but apparently Fox has narrowed it down to two choices: Matt Reeves and Tony Scott.

Matt Reeves directed Cloverfield 2008 & the upcoming Let Me In, so hes familiar with action and visual effects, which will obviously come to play in a "Wolverine" film. Plus Reeves would probably be the less expensive choice.

And as for Tony Scott, hes had his share of action films, directing "Deja Vu" & "Man On Fire". And while Scott would probably be a bit pricier to bring aboard, The Playlist points out that there is no doubt he would bring his energetic style & make explosions look good.

Regarding the story to the sequel, it was said that the script is very different "based on a story cycle by Frank Miller and Chris Claremont. And Wolverine’s adventures in martial arts will be a love story featuring a Japanese actress."

The sequel was tentatively scheduled earlier this year for a January 2011 start, but rumors have been knocking around that the production start will be pushed back.

Anyhow, if true, who would you rather have; Matt Reeves or Tony Scott presumably directing Hugh Jackman's return as Wolverine?

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=20478

Kurt Russell Crowe
07-23-2010, 03:49 PM
wow, I would love to see what Scott would do with it.

HOOKS
07-23-2010, 03:54 PM
Tony Scott Wolverine? Oh yes. I like that a lot.

(And now I am getting images of Denzel Washington as Wolverine)

Kurt Russell Crowe
07-23-2010, 04:03 PM
Sabertooth! ain't got nothin! on me!

siguy
07-23-2010, 04:05 PM
Ugh..

When will they stop raping Wolverine?

Ryan Elliott
07-23-2010, 04:31 PM
Ugh..

When will they stop raping Wolverine?

You are hilarious.

Sam Little
07-24-2010, 02:46 AM
Oh man, would I love to see Tony Scott as director on this.

mikeandzod87
07-24-2010, 05:08 AM
Is Chirs Mcquarie still writing it? And either of those director are great choices but I think Matt Reeves would be the better choice.

that bastard
07-24-2010, 05:11 AM
You know how TV shows have the whole "Previously, on LOST.." or whatever? X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE was a big, long, "Previously on..."

"Previously on X-MEN: Wolverine finds his claws when he's a kid and then goes on the run with his half-brother, Victor. Then they're in the Army during the Civil War and WWI and WWII and then they're in a special forces group with Green Lantern and the guy from the Black Eyed Peas and then Wolverine wants OUT so they try to kill him and make it seem like he's lost everything so they give him Adamantium bones and then Gambit is there and he knows how to fly a helicopter and they free a bunch of mutants and Professor X shows up and then they fight a guy that they SAY is Deadpool but it CLEARLY isn't and someone shoots Wolverine in the head with an Adamantium bullet but he's okay he just doesn't remember anything so he wanders the Earth like Kane on Kung Fu"

It's not a movie. It's a series of clips from previous better movies that didn't actually exist. It's SO disjointed and SO scattershot. It's a waste of time, really. They could very well have presented the same information in a MUCH more coherent and clear way. It was simply a matter, I think, of them rushing things to meet a studio-mandated release date which is a TERRIBLE idea. If it ain't ready, don't film it. You can't release Beta versions of movies.

Give the sequel a clean, precise, and well-paced plot and it could work. The CHARACTER can work. Jackman does a great job. Give him something to work with.

If they can give the

rwsmith
07-24-2010, 06:18 AM
wow, I would love to see what Scott would do with it.

Yes! He would be a great fit I think.

I want this movie to be good soooo badly...

HeroBoy
07-24-2010, 08:29 AM
I would kill to see a Tony Scott Wolverine. Even if it's a Domino level failure, it will at least be visually amazing.

A P.S. I can't be the only one who thinks Tony is more dependable than Ridley at this point, can I?

Andrew
07-24-2010, 01:00 PM
Is Chirs Mcquarie still writing it?

Yeah. The script is finished.

russw
07-24-2010, 01:15 PM
Oh man, would I love to see Tony Scott as director on this.

yuck. True Romance should have ended as Tarantino wrote it and Crimson Tide should have ended with the word LAUNCH!

dEnny!
07-24-2010, 06:11 PM
I'm willing to give a Wolverine sequel a shot. The story didn't anger me as much as it did others though it did have way too many flaws, irritating/absurd story decisions, and terrible CGI, but hopefully they learn from their mistakes because I do think Hugh Jackman makes a great Wolverine.

Mark Mavro (kryptic6)
07-24-2010, 07:49 PM

Bad script. It all started with Benioff.

Dreg
07-24-2010, 11:01 PM
Just do Wolverine as Yojimbo with mutants or Ninja Scroll with mutants, and it'll please me to no end.

Andrew
08-17-2010, 09:25 AM
Hugh Jackman Quits ‘Avon Man′ To Work on ‘Wolverine 2′

Hugh Jackman has reportedly dropped out of the lead role in Avon Man to concentrate on beefing up for Wolverine 2. Superhero fans rejoice!

A little over a year ago we heard the news that Hugh Jackman would be producing and starring in a film called Avon Man, a comedy that tells the story of a laid-off car salesman who reluctantly becomes an Avon (cosmetic product) salesman. I know what you’re thinking, but Jackman has a lot of charisma and I imagine the film is a lot funnier than it sounds.

However, the only real interest I had in Avon Man was Jackman starring in it, because it seems like a role he could carry with his charm and presence. Well, sadly that’s no longer than case as Deadline is reporting that Jackman has dropped out of Avon Man and will instead concentrate on getting into shape for Wolverine 2 later this year.

Although no official announcement has been made by either Jackman or his reps stating that he’s dropped Avon Man for Wolverine 2, Deadline‘s report notes that Jackman will spend late Fall getting into the best shape he can to reprise his iconic role as Wolverine in the sequel to the 2009 origin story. The sequel – as hinted at in one of the multiple Wolverine end-credits scenes – will see Wolverine in Japan, getting mixed up with samurais (as you do). Christopher McQuarrie (The Usual Suspects) was hired a few months ago to write the script and last we heard Matt Reeves and Tony Scott were on the shortlist to direct.

If you’re one of those people who was looking forward to Jackman’s portrayal as a cosmetic salesman, rather than seeing more of his angry gruff-growling mutant (there’s got to be some of you out there ), then you can take some consolation in the fact that he’ll still be producing Avon Man. The Allen Loeb-scripted comedy now sits without a leading man but I’m sure since Jackman was in the role at one point they’ll find someone similarly charismatic to replace him (hopefully, anyway).

Since Jackman is getting himself ready to play Wolverine again, it suggests that Fox wants to get things going on Wolverine 2 soon. Expect an announcement in the coming months.

http://screenrant.com/hugh-jackman-avon-man-wolverine-2-ross-73953/

Marcdachamp
08-17-2010, 09:40 AM
http://screenrant.com/hugh-jackman-avon-man-wolverine-2-ross-73953/

Nice. I was starting to wonder why news had been so slow.

Andrew
08-17-2010, 02:45 PM
Nice. I was starting to wonder why news had been so slow.

Yeah, I want them to get started on this one.

stephenp01
08-17-2010, 03:52 PM
I'm willing to give a Wolverine sequel a shot. The story didn't anger me as much as it did others though it did have way too many flaws, irritating/absurd story decisions, and terrible CGI, but hopefully they learn from their mistakes because I do think Hugh Jackman makes a great Wolverine.

Exactly. It can't be any worse. Right?

The Human Target
08-17-2010, 04:15 PM
I will cop to actually enjoying the first Wolverine movie. But a plot of that is because I saw it for free. If I had paid to see it, I probably would have been pissed.

It's certainly better than X-3, at any rate.

You continue to disappoint me, even in the past. :no:

Andrew
08-20-2010, 06:50 PM
David Slade Front Runner To Direct Wolverine 2, Robert Schwentke Also In Contention

Apparently its come down to 2. Either Twilight: Eclipse Director david Slade, or Red's Robert Schwentke will helm the X-Men Origins: Wolverine sequel.

According to Vulture, Wolverine's time in Japan will be over seen by one of 2 men..

Insiders tell Vulture that it's come down to two directors vying to call the shots on Fox's sequel to Wolverine: Twilight: Eclipse director David Slade, and Robert Schwentke (Flightplan, The Time Traveler's Wife). Both men have been approved by the studio's brass, and though Jackman will ultimately be the one to make the call after meeting with each next week, a well-placed source inside the production insists, "It's going to be Slade."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=21721

ThisSpaceForRent
08-20-2010, 09:16 PM

I actually just read this earlier today - he's drunk a lot too. Recent stories make a point of showing his resistance to alcohol.

He gets knocked out for a while and stays unconscious while being moved to a different location.

Definitely a lot slower healing back then.

Andrew
08-30-2010, 01:55 PM
Darren Aronofsky Added To Wolverine 2 Shortlist

The Black Swan Director is apparently one of the contenders to direct the sequel to X-Men Origins: Wolverine. There is also an update on the progress of the Deadpool movie.

Lats week we reported that 2 potential directors were lined up to replace Gavin Hood on the Wolverine sequel. David Slade and Robert Schwentke. Now it looks like Schwentke is out of the running, and its between Slade and a pretty unlikely candidate in the form of Darren Aronofsky!..

Deadline reports:

On the X-Men: Wolverine 2 front, 20th Century Fox is between David Slade and Darren Aronofsky, I'm told. Slade, who just directed the summer hit The Twilight Saga: Eclipse, met over the weekend with Jackman on location where he is shooting Real Steel for DreamWorks. Aronofsky has also been talking with Jackman, and they have a good relationship that dates back to The Fountain, when Jackman stepped in after Brad Pitt dropped out.

Aronofsky is probably best known for The Wrestler with Mickey Rourke, but he has made some damn fine movies aside from that (The Fountain, Requiem For A Dream). In fact I would say he is one of my favorite directors working today. His next film, Black Swan with Natalie Portman and Vincent Cassel looks to be no exception either. I really hope he takes this on board. But, its unlikely. Although Jackman does have a lot of say in this film, I think Fox will want to go with a director they would feel is more suited to the genre, and thats Slade.

Deadline also have a small update on the Deadpool movie. It seems as if Robert Rodriguez really does want to direct the film, which would see Ryan Reynolds reprise his role from X-Men Origns: Wolverine, but may not be able to due to scheduling conflicts..

Just spoke with Rodriguez. He has read and likes the Deadpool script, but his own schedule--promoting Machete and then directing Spy Kids 4--has made his participation tenuous. "We haven't really gotten into the discussion, but they are trying to make a certain small window that's going to be tough because of Spy Kids," Rodriguez told me. "If they push it back, it would be a lot better for me."

So what do you guys think of Aronofsky for a Wolverine sequel? Or have you no faith at all that it can be good after the last one regardless of who is in the directors chair?

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=22070

dougmac
08-30-2010, 04:15 PM
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=22070

I was just going to post this. I'd love to see this, but I doubt it happens (Aronsky I mean)

Andrew
08-31-2010, 01:05 PM
I was just going to post this. I'd love to see this, but I doubt it happens (Aronsky I mean)

It'd definitely be interesting. I'm impressed by the talent that Fox is getting (or trying to get) for the upcoming X-Men films. It's pleasantly surprising.

Andrew
09-27-2010, 02:55 PM
Matt Reeves Takes Himself Out Of The Running For Wolverine 2

Along with David Slade and Darren Aronofsky etc, Fox were looking at the Let Me In director to potentially helm the sequel to X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Indeed at one point it was believed that it had come down to him and Tony Scott. Well, we know it won't be Scott, and we now know it won't be Reeves..

Reeves is one of the directors on the DC/WB short list to direct their upcoming Superman reboot, but that's not the only CBM the in demand director of Cloverfield and Let Me In is/was attached to.

According to Worstpreviews..

When we sat down with him to talk about "Let Me In," we asked about "Wolverine 2" to which he replied that he has had talks about the sequel but that he will definitely not direct it. Reeves didn't clarify whether the studio chose someone else or if he decided against taking the job.

Is Wolverine's loss Superman's gain? Last we heard from Reeves on the Man Of Steel front he said he was "surprised" and: "I really have no idea if any of that is true. It's certainly an amazing project."

As far as Wolverine 2 goes, we know that Hugh Jackman has met with both Aronofsky and Slade, but neither director has been very forthcoming with further information. All we do know is that the story will focus on Logan's time in Japan.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=23122

Andrew
09-27-2010, 03:30 PM
David Slade On Wolverine 2

21 September 2010
David Slade will soon have to make a decision about the upcoming film WOLVERINE 2. Slade recently told The Vancouver Sun that reports of him meeting with Hugh Jackman about WOLVERINE 2 are true. "I can say that I’ve met with [Jackman] and he is a very nice fellow, but you never know with these things. There are several projects I’m interested in now, and that’s one of them."

Darren Aronofsky Unsure About WOLVERINE 2

24 September 2010
Word came last month that "The Fountain" director Darren Aronofsky was in the running to helm WOLVERINE 2, after meeting with star Hugh Jackman to discuss the project. Aronofsky recently spoke with MTV News and didn't seem very sure about taking on the film. Or was he just playing coy? The director was seen speaking with 20th Century Fox chairman Tom Rothman, so you never know. We'll just have to wait and see. The film is expected to get off ground next year for a hopeful 2012 release.

"I don't know what you're talking about," said Aronofsky. "There are a lot of projects out there and I haven't really focused on anything yet. I never really was a comic book kid growing up. I didn't really know who Wolverine was until I met Hugh Jackman and got to know it. It would be fun to do one, [but] it’s just finding the right situation, the right project."

http://xmenfilms.net/blog1/?p=8609

dougmac
10-05-2010, 08:27 PM
Looking more like Aronofsky

http://www.deadline.com/2010/10/fox-aronofsky-getting-close-on-wolverine-2/

Natty P
10-05-2010, 08:51 PM
I didn't hate the first Wolvie film.

Spidey616
10-05-2010, 10:47 PM
Jackman and Aronofsky working together again eh?

My excitement for the sequel will be rejuvenated if it happens

A.Huerta
10-05-2010, 11:16 PM
I hated the first movie but if he is directing the 2nd one it might be interesting...

(akaRyanHoffman)
10-06-2010, 12:59 AM
You know how TV shows have the whole "Previously, on LOST.." or whatever? X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE was a big, long, "Previously on..."

"Previously on X-MEN: Wolverine finds his claws when he's a kid and then goes on the run with his half-brother, Victor. Then they're in the Army during the Civil War and WWI and WWII and then they're in a special forces group with Green Lantern and the guy from the Black Eyed Peas and then Wolverine wants OUT so they try to kill him and make it seem like he's lost everything so they give him Adamantium bones and then Gambit is there and he knows how to fly a helicopter and they free a bunch of mutants and Professor X shows up and then they fight a guy that they SAY is Deadpool but it CLEARLY isn't and someone shoots Wolverine in the head with an Adamantium bullet but he's okay he just doesn't remember anything so he wanders the Earth like Kane on Kung Fu"

It's not a movie. It's a series of clips from previous better movies that didn't actually exist. It's SO disjointed and SO scattershot. It's a waste of time, really. They could very well have presented the same information in a MUCH more coherent and clear way. It was simply a matter, I think, of them rushing things to meet a studio-mandated release date which is a TERRIBLE idea. If it ain't ready, don't film it. You can't release Beta versions of movies.

Give the sequel a clean, precise, and well-paced plot and it could work. The CHARACTER can work. Jackman does a great job. Give him something to work with.

If they can give the

That's how Spider-Man 3 felt to me. A two-hour-plus recap. Then the movie ended...

Andrew
10-06-2010, 05:30 AM
I hated the first movie but if he is directing the 2nd one it might be interesting...

This is the key:

"Aronofsky and Hugh Jackman already have a close relationship after they made The Fountain, and Aronofsky recently met with Fox chief Tom Rothman seeking the kind of creative control he's accustomed to."

That's really all we'll need for them to make a good movie. Let the director do what he wants, period.

OzMan
10-06-2010, 05:37 AM
This is the key:

"Aronofsky and Hugh Jackman already have a close relationship after they made The Fountain, and Aronofsky recently met with Fox chief Tom Rothman seeking the kind of creative control he's accustomed to."

That's really all we'll need for them to make a good movie. Let the director do what he wants, period.

Hopefully it won't be exactly like the The Fountain...that's a little artsy for an Xmen film.

Marcdachamp
10-06-2010, 05:42 AM
This is the key:

Well, with First Class on the way next summer, I have to believe that Fox has no need to rush out their next x-flick.

Andrew
10-06-2010, 06:00 AM
Well, with First Class on the way next summer, I have to believe that Fox has no need to rush out their next x-flick.

Right. All accounts have pointed to Wolverine 2 being released in 2012, and Hugh Jacman recently stated that they're beginning to film early in the new year. Things are happening at the right pace this time.

Andrew
10-06-2010, 06:10 AM
Hopefully it won't be exactly like the The Fountain...that's a little artsy for an Xmen film.

I haven't seen The Fountain yet, but alright.

Keep in mind that this film is going to be the Japanese story, however, and that isn't exactly your typical X-Men story (or even your typical Wolverine story). Might this paring work better with that in mind?

A.Huerta
10-06-2010, 07:35 AM
I haven't seen The Fountain yet, but alright.

Keep in mind that this film is going to be the Japanese story, however, and that isn't exactly your typical X-Men story (or even your typical Wolverine story). Might this paring work better with that in mind?

Watch it. The visuals and cinematography are amazing. Its a bit emo, but I thought it was made very well compared to Wolverines SYFY looking tv movie feel.

THWIP!
10-06-2010, 07:51 AM
I would really like to see some blood dripping form Wolverine's claws.

Andrew
10-06-2010, 08:15 AM
I would really like to see some blood dripping form Wolverine's claws.

Yes.

Andrew
10-12-2010, 02:15 PM
Darren Aronofsky Close To Committing To Wolverine 2

There will be no Gangster Squad in Aronofsky's future, so Deadline report that the director may be close to signing on to direct Hugh Jackman in the X-Men Origins: Wolverine sequel.

When rumors surfaced linking Darren Aronofsky to Wolverine 2, I don't think anyone really took much notice. Then when it was confirmed that he had indeed been meeting with his Fountain star Hugh Jackman, it was assumed that the movie was something he would never actually sign on for. Word came that he was in talks to direct Gangster Squad for WB, and many assumed that would be his next project.

Now Deadline report..

Scratch the Warner Bros period crime drama Gangster Squad from Darren Aronofsky's Things To Do List. That Will Beall-scripted picture momentarily seemed to be the only thing in the way of the Black Swan helmer reuniting with his Fountain star Hugh Jackman in the Christopher McQuarrie-scripted X-Men Origins: Wolverine 2 at 20th Century Fox...

..Word is that Aronofsky--who worked for next to nothing upfront to get Black Swan made is in the throes of landing a healthy payday in the vicinity of $5 million against 5% of gross.

Apparently Fox hasn't closed a deal with Aronofsky's CAA reps yet, but it looks like its gonna happen. If this does come to pass, I have to applaud Fox for attempting to do go in a bit of a different direction, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what a director the caliber of Aronofsky does with Wolverine.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=23845

Andrew
10-17-2010, 04:25 PM
Wolverine 2 Moves Forward, March Shoot Date On The Cards

It looks like the deal is done and Aronofsky and Hugh Jackman will be heading to Japan for the (hopefully) new and improved Wolverine 2.

We already had word that Aronofsky would most likely be the one to direct the X-Men Origins: Wolverine sequel. Now Deadline are reporting that he has been (all but) confirmed to helm the new flick. I say "all but" because we still haven't head anything "official" from Fox or indeed the director himself. But Deadline are rarely off base and they reckon the wheels are in motion and they will be aiming for a March shoot date.

Darren Aronofsky's deal to direct 20th Century Fox's X-Men Origins: Wolverine 2 is close enough that discussion has turned to shooting the sound stage portions of the film in New York so the filmmaker and Hugh Jackman don't have to inconvenience their families. A March start date is being eyed so that Aronofsky has time to open Black Swan and be available for the inevitable awards season obligations. When the New York scenes are completed, they'll head to Japan to shoot the bulk of the Christopher McQuarrie-scripted movie.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=24096

Spidey616
10-17-2010, 04:33 PM
:rock:

Hope we get casting news soon

WhindamPryce
10-17-2010, 05:42 PM
HOLY SHIT I hope it's true. Aronofsky on a comic flick? :drool:

Andrew
10-17-2010, 08:50 PM
:rock:

Hope we get casting news soon

If he is indeed directing, I'd imagine that we will get some casting news soon.

Bill!
10-18-2010, 01:57 PM
I jsut have an impossible time believing they really roped Aronofsky into directing this. What the hell is he doing? Does he need money?

HoldFastNow
10-18-2010, 02:52 PM
I jsut have an impossible time believing they really roped Aronofsky into directing this. What the hell is he doing? Does he need money?

He was also in the running to direct Superman, and was attached to Watchmen and Batman at different times (not to mention him almost directing Robocop after The Wrestler). He seems to really want to do one of these types of movies so that'll be pretty cool if he finally gets one.

Andrew
10-18-2010, 09:55 PM

:lol:

The script is supposed to be really good. It might just be that he finds the material interesting, though the primary reason probably has to do with his working relationship with Hugh Jackman.

A.Huerta
10-18-2010, 11:08 PM

People will do a lot for a big chunk of change.

Kurt Russell Crowe
10-18-2010, 11:37 PM
It is strange to wrap your head around. I won't believe it til I've seen what he turns out for Wolvie.

Andrew
10-19-2010, 06:10 PM
Hugh Jackman On Darren Aronofsky Directing Wolverine 2

I guess this really confirm confirms it! While speaking to Vulture, the Aussie actor said that the X-Men Origins: Wolverine sequel would be very different with Aronofsky at the helm.

Vulture caught up with Jackman at the Elton John Enduring Vision gala last night and the actor confirmed that Darren Aronofsly would indeed be directing the Wolverine follow up. He also said this time around we would get a more thought provoking film.

"This is, hopefully for me, going to be out of the box. It’s going to be the best one, I hope. Well, I would say that, but I really do feel that, and I feel this is going to be very different."

When asked if Darren Aronofsky's penchant for dark drama might be at odds with this type of big budget action movie..

"This is Wolverine. This is not Popeye. He’s kind of dark, but, you know, this is a change of pace. Chris McQuarrie, who wrote The Usual Suspects, has written the script, so that’ll give you a good clue. [Aronofsky’s] going to make it fantastic. There’s going to be some meat on the bones. There will be something to think about as you leave the theater, for sure."

Jackman also added, while waiting for his meal to arrive, that a strict training/diet regime has begun to get into Wolverine shape.

“Expect to see four chicken breasts and a whole pile of steamed broccoli on my plate. I'm starting; I’m having my six meals a day."

Jackman has worked with Aronofsky before on The Fountain, in which the actor gave, in many people's eyes, the performance of his career as a man refusing to accept his wife's death. We expect great things, gentlemen!

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=24166

PatrickA
10-20-2010, 04:31 AM
It is strange to wrap your head around. I won't believe it til I've seen what he turns out for Wolvie.

I don't think it is. Aronofsky was originally supposed to reboot Batman, he obviously has an interest in comics.

Marcdachamp
10-20-2010, 04:44 AM
So... 3 potentially awesome X-Men flicks. Nice.

Andrew
10-20-2010, 11:40 AM
So... 3 potentially awesome X-Men flicks. Nice.

Yeah, here's hoping they all kick ass.

Andrew
10-26-2010, 05:40 AM
Wolverine 2 heading to Japan and the Big Screen in late 2011

New Wolverine Movie heading to Japan and Planned for 2011 release

Hugh Jackman has confirmed that he’s started work on a second Wolverine film.

Hugh Jackman says:

"Japan is where we're heading, (and) we're starting to work on it now. We're in ... the first steps of developing that story."

A sequel to Jackman’s first X Men Origins movie was announced back in May but until now fans could only speculate about where the story would take place.

The flick will be based around X Men comics from the 1980s co-written by Sin City creator Frank Miller where Wolverine battles ninjas and samurais.

Hugh said: “I think the fans love that saga. It's my favorite saga of the Wolverine stories. That's a movie I've longed to make from the beginning, so that's where we're heading.”
Hugh Jackman has spoken about the next Wolverine film saying it will be “very different” to the first film dedicated to the X Men character.

This month director Darren Aronofsky has been confirmed for the project, which will start shooting next year.

He’s famed for dark movies like Requiem For A Dream and The Wrestler, so seems an unusual choice for a comic-book adaptation. But Hugh said he’s expecting great things.

X Men Origins: Wolverine 2 is currently scheduled for release in late 2011.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/x-men_movies/wolverine_2/news/?a=24325

Late 2011? Really?

And this site is claiming that Wolverine 2 has a release date of December 31st, 2011:

http://www.superheromovies.net/X-Men+Origins+-+Wolverine+2.html

That's odd. I can't imagine that it'd be out in 2011. I'd like to see where they're getting this information from. And even if it were to be released in December, putting aside the fast production that would be required, surely they wouldn't release it on New Year's Eve.

Marcdachamp
10-26-2010, 05:48 AM
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/x-men_movies/wolverine_2/news/?a=24325

Late 2011? Really?

And this site is claiming that Wolverine 2 has a release date of December 31st, 2011:

http://www.superheromovies.net/X-Men+Origins+-+Wolverine+2.html

That's odd. I can't imagine that it'd be out in 2011. I'd like to see where they're getting this information from. And even if it were to be released in December, putting aside the fast production that would be required, surely they wouldn't release it on New Year's Eve.

Yeah, I don't think that's correct.

majorjoe23
10-26-2010, 05:48 AM
Yeah, if they were releasing it then they would at least release it on Christmas day. New Year's Eve would be box office suicide.

That's gotta be wrong.

Andrew
10-26-2010, 05:55 AM
Yeah, I don't think that's correct.

Yeah, if they were releasing it then they would at least release it on Christmas day. New Year's Eve would be box office suicide.

That's gotta be wrong.

On one hand, if they make a good movie all the same (even in the shorter timeframe), I'd love to see a movie like this released in the winter for a change. Having to wait until the summer for all of these gets to be a little tedious, and 2011 and 2012 also have the possible overexposure factor to consider as each respective summer has several major superhero movies coming out.

So having Wolverine 2 in late 2011, in theory, is something I'd be pleasantly surprised about. It just isn't very likely, and I want it to kick ass and not be a rush job.

Marcdachamp
10-26-2010, 05:57 AM
On one hand, if they make a good movie all the same (even in the shorter timeframe), I'd love to see a movie like this released in the winter for a change. Having to wait until the summer for all of these gets to be a little tedious, and 2011 and 2012 also have the possible overexposure factor to consider as each respective summer has several major superhero movies coming out.

So having Wolverine 2 in late 2011, in theory, is something I'd be pleasantly surprised about. It just isn't very likely, and I want it to kick ass and not be a rush job.

Yeah, I agree completely.

rwsmith
10-26-2010, 05:57 AM
You know, I was a huge supporter of the leather jumpsuits in the first three X-men movies as I just don't think the spandex X-men costumes would translate well to the big screen (especially Wolverine's yellow outfit). Having said that, though, I find myself really hoping that we see a version of the brown and tan costume in this film.

They could have a scene where Mariko shows Logan a suit of samurai armor with those colors and a funky mask that kind of looks like Wolverine's mask in the comics. She explains that this armor is the ceremonial armor of the Clan Yashida and that brown and tan are its familial colors or whatever. Thus when Logan starts dismantling Lord Shingen's criminal enterprise he dons a sleeker costume that looks somewhat similar in appearance to the armor. Could be an easy way to work the costume into the flick, and I'm sure that someone could make it look badass in the same way they've updated Batman's costume in the Christopher Nolan Batman films.

I just don't think I can take another film with Hugh Jackman running around the entire time in a skin tight wifebeater!? Might as well be a spandex costume as tight as his clothes are.

EDIT---I found this online (it's not ideal, but with a few tweaks such as losing the underpants on the outside of the pants it could work in the next movie):

http://www.comiconchallenge.com/2009/images/interviews/2009__int_donWolvie_03.jpg

Marcdachamp
10-26-2010, 06:01 AM
You know, I was a huge supporter of the leather jumpsuits in the first three X-men movies as I just don't think the spandex X-men costumes would translate well to the big screen (especially Wolverine's yellow outfit). Having said that, though, I find myself really hoping that we see a version of the brown and tan costume in this film.

They could have a scene where Mariko shows Logan a suit of samurai armor with those colors and a funky mask that kind of looks like Wolverine's mask in the comics. She explains that this armor is the ceremonial armor of the Clan Yashida and that brown and tan are its familial colors or whatever. Thus when Logan starts dismantling Lord Shingen's criminal enterprise he dons a sleeker costume that looks somewhat similar in appearance to the armor. Could be an easy way to work the costume into the flick, and I'm sure that someone could make it look badass in the same way they've updated Batman's costume in the Christopher Nolan Batman films.

I just don't think I can take another film with Hugh Jackman running around the entire time in a skin tight wifebeater!? Might as well be a spandex costume as tight as his clothes are.

I'm not sure this is the movie for it, but I'd definitely like to see his costume worked in at some point.

rwsmith
10-26-2010, 06:04 AM
Oh, I think it is. It's the Japan saga, and the brown costume is so tied to that story in the comics. Plus he's fighting ninjas and whatnot and trying to dismantle Shingen's operation all the while he's courting his daughter, so him wanting to hide his identity would make sense. Naturally in the final showdown with Shingen he ditches the mask, just like in the comics. But when he's sneaking around taking folks out and fighting ninjas, I think it would be cool. Just like Batman in Batman Begins when he was popping in from the shadows and taking guys down (except Logan would be shanking them, and he also has a much more animalistic fighting style than Batman, whose style was a lot more disciplined).

Marcdachamp
10-26-2010, 06:06 AM
Oh, I think it is. It's the Japan saga, and the brown costume is so tied to that story in the comics. Plus he's fighting ninjas and whatnot and trying to dismantle Shingen's operation all the while he's courting his daughter, so him wanting to hide his identity would make sense. Naturally in the final showdown with Shingen he ditches the mask, just like in the comics. But when he's sneaking around taking folks out and fighting ninjas, I think it would be cool. Just like Batman in Batman Begins when he was popping in from the shadows and taking guys down.

I know he doesn't show up until the "sequel" story, but I'd love it if the Silver Samurai was in this flick. His intro arc is solid gold.

Andrew
10-26-2010, 06:20 AM
Oh, I think it is. It's the Japan saga, and the brown costume is so tied to that story in the comics. Plus he's fighting ninjas and whatnot and trying to dismantle Shingen's operation all the while he's courting his daughter, so him wanting to hide his identity would make sense. Naturally in the final showdown with Shingen he ditches the mask, just like in the comics. But when he's sneaking around taking folks out and fighting ninjas, I think it would be cool. Just like Batman in Batman Begins when he was popping in from the shadows and taking guys down (except Logan would be shanking them, and he also has a much more animalistic fighting style than Batman, whose style was a lot more disciplined).

I know he doesn't show up until the "sequel" story, but I'd love it if the Silver Samurai was in this flick. His intro arc is solid gold.

Here's an idea:

One of the things that irked me about X-Men Origins: Wolverine is how, despire being some sort of period piece, it failed to acknowledge it to any great extent. After the opening war montage was over, the rest of the film felt far too contemporary, despite supposedly taking place decades ago.

Now, Hugh Jackman has stated that Wolverine 2 will be a follow-up to the first film, rather than continuing on from X-Men: The Last Stand (which is probably for the best; let Singer tackle X-Men 4 in a few years if he still wants to do so). The first Wolverine film seems to have ended with the Three Mile Island incident in 1979, so let's say that Wolverine 2 takes place a few years later, during the 1980s, or maybe stretch it into the early 1990s if you want to have it fit in more with the established timeline of original X-Men films.

X-Men: First Class is clearly going to be a period piece set in the 1960s, and they'll finally be using costumes in it. It seems to verify the commonly-held notion that colorful costumes aren't "realistic" enough to be accepted by modern audiences, but have something set in the 1960s, and it's a different story, because it's "retro."

So if Wolverine 2 is set in the 1980s or 1990s - which an excellent screenplay writer like Christopher McQuarrie and an artsy director like Darren Arronofsky would be more likely to acknowledge to a greater capacity in the film itself this time - perhaps the costume could fit in that way. Costumes are seen as a "retro" thing, so maybe if they are willing to do so, they can take advantage of Wolverine 2's past setting and finally have Logan put one on in a film.

You know, maybe.

rwsmith
10-26-2010, 06:24 AM

Yeah, I bet they could work him into this as a henchman of Shingen's or something like that, but the epic showdown at the end has to be Logan and Shingen himself. Still, we could get some cool fights earlier in the film with Silver Samurai (especially due to his own mutant powers; got to have another mutant bad guy in the film).

Here's an idea:

One of the things that irked me about X-Men Origins: Wolverine is how, despire being some sort of period piece, it failed to acknowledge it to any great extent. After the opening war montage was over, the rest of the film felt far too contemporary, despite supposedly taking place decades ago.

Now, Hugh Jackman has stated that Wolverine 2 will be a follow-up to the first film, rather than continuing on from X-Men: The Last Stand (which is probably for the best; let Singer tackle X-Men 4 in a few years if he still wants to do so). The first Wolverine film seems to have ended with the Three Mile Island incident in 1979, so let's say that Wolverine 2 takes place a few years later, during the 1980s, or maybe stretch it into the early 1990s if you want to have it fit in more with the established timeline of original X-Men films.

X-Men: First Class is clearly going to be a period piece set in the 1960s, and they'll finally be using costumes in it. It seems to verify the commonly-held notion that colorful costumes aren't "realistic" enough to be accepted by modern audiences, but have something set in the 1960s, and it's a different story, because it's "retro."

So if Wolverine 2 is set in the 1980s or 1990s - which an excellent screenplay writer like Christopher McQuarrie and an artsy director like Darren Arronofsky would be more likely to acknowledge to a greater capacity in the film itself this time - perhaps the costume could fit in that way. Costumes are seen as a "retro" thing, so maybe if they are willing to do so, they can take advantage of Wolverine 2's past setting and finally have Logan put one on in a film.

You know, maybe.

I agree, and hopefully if it works they'll dust it off (perhaps with a few tweaks) and use it in a modern day X-men 4 along with sleeker costumes (i.e., not leather motorcycle suits) for the rest of the X-men. They could all have a common theme and even use black or blue as the primary color with different secondary colors / piping worked in to differentiate them.

Marcdachamp
10-26-2010, 06:32 AM
Yeah, I bet they could work him into this as a henchman of Shingen's or something like that, but the epic showdown at the end has to be Logan and Shingen himself. Still, we could get some cool fights earlier in the film with Silver Samurai (especially due to his own mutant powers; got to have another mutant bad guy in the film).

I agree, and hopefully if it works they'll dust it off (perhaps with a few tweaks) and use it in a modern day X-men 4 along with sleeker costumes (i.e., not leather motorcycle suits) for the rest of the X-men. They could all have a common theme and even use black or blue as the primary color with different secondary colors / piping worked in to differentiate them.

Now, confession time, I've never read the original story (I know, I know). Would it have a very adverse impact if they replaced Shingen with the Samurai?

rwsmith
10-26-2010, 06:51 AM
Yeah, it's pretty much got to be Shingen as the main bad. Read the story and you'll see. I still think they could work the Samurai into the film, but finale has to come down to Logan and Shingen. More powerful that way. Plus it's a classic, and you don't mess with the classics. See the first Wolverine film for an example of how they essentially butchered (or more appropriately glossed over) the classic Barry Windsor-Smith 'Weapon X' tale. The escape from Weapon X in the film was super-weak, instead making room for the crappy story that Fox wanted to tell involving Stryker, 3-Mile Island and Deadpool (if you can call him that).

Andrew
10-26-2010, 09:15 PM

Yeah, that would be interesting.

Sam Little
10-27-2010, 02:08 AM
I'm really excited about this with Aronofsky on board. I've loved all his films. Like McQuarrie too. I really think this could be something special. Especially since they're adapting the hands down best Wolverine story ever. Silver Samurai could work as a henchman since the studio probably wants a super-powered baddie. Big bad has gotta be Shingen though. I don't really care either way about costumes or lack thereof.

Andrew
10-27-2010, 03:55 AM
I'm really excited about this with Aronofsky on board. I've loved all his films. Like McQuarrie too. I really think this could be something special. Especially since they're adapting the hands down best Wolverine story ever. Silver Samurai could work as a henchman since the studio probably wants a super-powered baddie. Big bad has gotta be Shingen though. I don't really care either way about costumes or lack thereof.

I haven't read the original story yet (I'll be getting to it fairly soon), but I understand that Sabretooth isn't in it, as he hadn't yet been tied to Wolverine's mythos back in 1982.

That said, Liev Schreiber wants to return, and his performance was definitely one of the best parts about the first film. Would his inclusion in the story (even in some sort of background cameo role) be out of place, or could it work somehow? I realize they'd logically need to keep him and Logan seperate because of the memory wipe thing (Wolverine didn't recognize him in X-Men 1), but it'd be cool to see him as a sort of "in the shadows" character.

Sam Little
10-27-2010, 09:49 PM
I haven't read the original story yet (I'll be getting to it fairly soon), but I understand that Sabretooth isn't in it, as he hadn't yet been tied to Wolverine's mythos back in 1982.

That said, Liev Schreiber wants to return, and his performance was definitely one of the best parts about the first film. Would his inclusion in the story (even in some sort of background cameo role) be out of place, or could it work somehow? I realize they'd logically need to keep him and Logan seperate because of the memory wipe thing (Wolverine didn't recognize him in X-Men 1), but it'd be cool to see him as a sort of "in the shadows" character.

Well, Sabretooth would be kinda out of place in the original story - but so would Silver Samurai really. Wolverine is the only superpowered character in the whole thing (and back then his whole healing factor thing was really played down - he could get seriously injured by a wooden sword).

A sabretooth insertion into the story wouldn't necessarily HAVE to ruin it if done well - there's a sequence where Wolverine goes through some very dark times and it wouldn't be ridiculous if Sabretooth popped up at some point while Logan's wallowing in depression. I think it would be a mistake to tie him up with Shingen at all. But who knows? Maybe the filmmakers will surprise me.

Although, I reeeeaaaally disliked Wolverine origins, I did think Liev Schrieber was one of the best things about it. He's a great actor and could do great things with the part if the writing's good.

I dunno though, my instinct would be too keep Sabretooth in the shadows - no more than a cameo - and then bring him back full force for Wolverine 3. Let Tony Scott direct that one. :)

rwsmith
10-28-2010, 10:46 AM
Well, Sabretooth would be kinda out of place in the original story - but so would Silver Samurai really. Wolverine is the only superpowered character in the whole thing (and back then his whole healing factor thing was really played down - he could get seriously injured by a wooden sword).

A sabretooth insertion into the story wouldn't necessarily HAVE to ruin it if done well - there's a sequence where Wolverine goes through some very dark times and it wouldn't be ridiculous if Sabretooth popped up at some point while Logan's wallowing in depression. I think it would be a mistake to tie him up with Shingen at all. But who knows? Maybe the filmmakers will surprise me.

Although, I reeeeaaaally disliked Wolverine origins, I did think Liev Schrieber was one of the best things about it. He's a great actor and could do great things with the part if the writing's good.

I dunno though, my instinct would be too keep Sabretooth in the shadows - no more than a cameo - and then bring him back full force for Wolverine 3. Let Tony Scott direct that one. :)

I think you could work Sabretooth into this in a small capacity and explain what happened to his mind at the same time (i.e., why didn't he know Wolverine either in X1 and why did he look so much more feral). There was a small part in the Jeph Loeb 'Evolution' story arc (I know, terrible story which introduced Romulus and the whole 'lupine sapiens' concept) where it showed Wolverine confronting Sabretooth in Japan because he was going around murdering women on the streets.

So let's say Wolverine, who now has no memory, encounters Victor early on in the film after stumbling out of a bar drunk. Victor's hair is longer and a little lighter (starting to look more like he did in X1) and he's got some woman pinned up against the wall choking her and says something like, "I was hoping I'd run into you sooner or later. I've been leaving you calling cards all over town." He proceeds to snap the woman's neck and approach Logan, who says, "I don't know who you are, bub, but you caught me at a bad time." Vic smiles and punches Logan, who drunkenly swings at him and misses, leaving him open for an elbow to be dropped on him which knocks him to the ground. Creed grabs Logan by his shirt and hauls him to his feet, at which point Logan surprises him by firing off an upercut. At the moment he does this you hear the familiar "snikt" sound and then you see that Logan's fist is still connected to Victor's jaw after he connects. He withdraws his fist and you notice that he extended his middle claw when he threw the upercut and pierced Sabretooth's brain from underneath (he did this in the comics one time when he had bone claws just before AoA, so would be a nice nod to that).

At any rate, Logan drunkenly walks away leaving this guy dead in the middle of the alley. Or so he thinks. Victor shakily gets to his feet afterwards, looking dumbfounded and confused. Also, you notice that his eyes are all black like they were in X1 before they cut away from that scene.

A short bit involving Schreiber, but it would serve to bridge the continuity gap between these Wolverine prequels and the first X-men movie. Not sure how important that is to most of the movie-going audience, but it would be a way to work Sabretooth into this one briefly and a nice touch for those of us who do kind of care about such things (i.e., comic geeks like myself). And making Liev's part in this relatively small will be important if they also try to get the Hand and Shingen into the film (and possibly Silver Samurai as well, though I'm not sure that he wouldn't be too much honestly; as Sam mentions above, Wolverine was the only super-powered character involved in the original Claremont/Miller mini-series and you don't want to mess with a classic like that too much IMO).

Just a thought...

Sam Little
10-28-2010, 11:18 AM
I think you could work Sabretooth into this in a small capacity and explain what happened to his mind at the same time (i.e., why didn't he know Wolverine either in X1 and why did he look so much more feral). There was a small part in the Jeph Loeb 'Evolution' story arc (I know, terrible story which introduced Romulus and the whole 'lupine sapiens' concept) where it showed Wolverine confronting Sabretooth in Japan because he was going around murdering women on the streets.

So let's say Wolverine, who now has no memory, encounters Victor early on in the film after stumbling out of a bar drunk. Victor's hair is longer and a little lighter (starting to look more like he did in X1) and he's got some woman pinned up against the wall choking her and says something like, "I was hoping I'd run into you sooner or later. I've been leaving you calling cards all over town." He proceeds to snap the woman's neck and approach Logan, who says, "I don't know who you are, bub, but you caught me at a bad time." Vic smiles and punches Logan, who drunkenly swings at him and misses, leaving him open for an elbow to be dropped on him which knocks him to the ground. Creed grabs Logan by his shirt and hauls him to his feet, at which point Logan surprises him by firing off an upercut. At the moment he does this you hear the familiar "snikt" sound and then you see that Logan's fist is still connected to Victor's jaw after he connects. He withdraws his fist and you notice that he extended his middle claw when he threw the upercut and pierced Sabretooth's brain from underneath (he did this in the comics one time when he had bone claws just before AoA, so would be a nice nod to that).

At any rate, Logan drunkenly walks away leaving this guy dead in the middle of the alley. Or so he thinks. Victor shakily gets to his feet afterwards, looking dumbfounded and confused. Also, you notice that his eyes are all black like they were in X1 before they cut away from that scene.

A short bit involving Schreiber, but it would serve to bridge the continuity gap between these Wolverine prequels and the first X-men movie. Not sure how important that is to most of the movie-going audience, but it would be a way to work Sabretooth into this one briefly and a nice touch for those of us who do kind of care about such things (i.e., comic geeks like myself). And making Liev's part in this relatively small will be important if they also try to get the Hand and Shingen into the film (and possibly Silver Samurai as well, though I'm not sure that he wouldn't be too much honestly; as Sam mentions above, Wolverine was the only super-powered character involved in the original Claremont/Miller mini-series and you don't want to mess with a classic like that too much IMO).

Just a thought...

I think that actually sounds pretty damn cool.
Get Hugh Jackman on the horn!

Andrew
10-28-2010, 12:30 PM

Just a thought...

That's a cool idea, and would probably work pretty well.

The only thing is, Victor would be incredibly pissed off that Logan doesn't remember him. That would need to be factored in there, somewhere.

Andrew
10-28-2010, 04:05 PM
Wolverine 2 Plot Info and Character Descriptions Revealed

Some of the minor plot details as well as the main character descriptions have been revealed for the upcoming Wolverine 2 movie!

The folks over at Pajiba have posted a bit of info leaked about the upcoming Darren Aronofsky directed (all but confirmed) Wolverine Sequel. The script, which was written by The Usual Suspects scribe, Christopher McQuarrie, has been touted by star Hugh Jackmaan as being the best in the X-Men series.

As many have suspected, the film will be based on the Chris Claremont and Frank Miller series from the 1980's, which really got the Wolverine character into the main stream.

So, take a look below. Keep in mind that there may be some minor spoilers below.

Logan: After getting into trouble in his native Canada, Zen, Japanese man, arranges for Logan’s release and offers to answer questions about his origin if he’ll accompany him to Tokyo.

Shingen: His late father was the Master of the Hand, but rather than allow Shingen to take on the role, he killed himself and left the Hand masterless, hoping that they would choose Logan as their new Master.

Zen: He finds Logan in jail in Canada and makes him an offer he can’t refuse - to come to Japan and learn about his origin.

Kenuichio/Samurai: He’s the illegitimate son of Shingen, but Shingen refuses to acknowledge him as an heir. He’s also an expert Samurai, and he attacks Logan several times as a “Silver Samurai” with electrified armor.

Mariko: Shingen’s daughter. Shingen has arranged her marriage to the corrupt Noburo, but when Logan saves her life, they fall for one another.

Yukio: Logan’s bodyguard. They have an immediate physical attraction. She’s also still partially loyal to Shingen and reports back to him, but she’s more loyal to Logan, who she considers her master.

Noburo Moro: Minister of Justice. He’s corrupt - in the back pocket of the Yakuza - and Shingen’s arranged for him to marry Mariko.

Viper: Noburo’s secretary. She’s in league with both Shingen and Kenuichio, her lover, but she’s ultimately more loyal to Shingen.

Frank Sinatra: Japan’s answer to Frank Sinatra. A Yakuza higher-up who provides Logan with information.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/geekboymovienews/news/?a=24552

Pat Shatner
10-28-2010, 06:41 PM
So they did work Silver Samurai in. Nice.

Sam Little
10-28-2010, 10:33 PM
Sounds promising.

rwsmith
10-29-2010, 05:30 PM
Yeah, very promising.

Andrew
10-29-2010, 06:35 PM
Something worth noting is that several news sites have been asked to take down that plot information by Fox, which means it's legit.

rwsmith
10-30-2010, 07:11 AM
On the costume front, I think an updated version of the brown and tan costume could work. Something like his X-Force uniform, but in those colors:

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f18/Jackraow21/Wolverine_brown_XForce_variant.png

In fact, that's what he ought to wear when he's running with the X-men and the Avengers in the comics IMO, and just switch to the black and grey version (minus the 'X' on the chest) when he's on X-Force missions (because they like to color coordinate). ;)

Something like the above could work in this movie I think (again, with no 'X' on the chest). Just my $.02.

Andrew
10-30-2010, 10:20 PM
I wonder how far they'll go with Wolverine's healing factor in this film. I understand that in the original Japanese story, this being early in the character's history, his healing factor was not nearly as effective as it is now, and I'd imagine that Christopher McQuarrie would reflect that in his screenplay. At the same time, Logan's powers have been shown to be almost as effective and instantaneous in the movies as it is in the modern day comics, so to show him get his ass beaten severely by samurais may run counter to his portrayal in the other movies.

Who knows though; at any rate it'd be nice to get an accurate comic-to-film Wolverine story this time around.

Andrew
11-13-2010, 10:45 AM
On the costume front, I think an updated version of the brown and tan costume could work. Something like his X-Force uniform, but in those colors:

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f18/Jackraow21/Wolverine_brown_XForce_variant.png

In fact, that's what he ought to wear when he's running with the X-men and the Avengers in the comics IMO, and just switch to the black and grey version (minus the 'X' on the chest) when he's on X-Force missions (because they like to color coordinate). ;)

Something like the above could work in this movie I think (again, with no 'X' on the chest). Just my $.02.

I don't expect the costume to ever show up in a movie, but if it did, it'd almost certainly be the brown and tan one.

Andrew
11-13-2010, 10:45 AM
Cinematographer Matthew Libatique To Film Wolverine 2 With Darren Aronofsky!

The cinematographer of movies like Cowboys and Aliens, Iron Man and long time Darren Aronofsky collaborator has confirmed that he'll work on the upcoming Fox sequel...

Libatique has been Aronofsky's cinematographer of choice for a long time (dating back right to Pi and up to the directors latest release Black Swan) and while it may not be too exciting a scoop to learn that they'll be teaming up once again, it's worth noting that he has also worked on the first two Iron Man movies with Jon Favreau as well as Cowboys and Aliens meaning he has plenty of experience with the superhero genre.

Here are a couple of excerpts from the report over at Collider:

"We also talked about the gorgeous Western fantasy work he's done for "Cowboys and Aliens," and the pleasures of shooting a face as great as Harrison Ford's. I love that he can shoot big commercial fare like "Iron Man" and "Cowboys And Aliens" and really give the films a rich, vibrant sheen that makes movie stars look legitimately superhuman, but he can also shoot films like "Black Swan" or "Requiem For A Dream," pure emulsion emotion."

"As he turned to another friend in line, he confirmed that he'll be joining Darren Aronofsky for "Wolverine 2," so there's one more reason for me to look forward to that movie."

With Hugh Jackman back as Wolverine, shooting is expected to start on the Japan set sequel early next year for a possble 2012 release.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=25193

DaveCummings
11-13-2010, 10:51 AM
I don't expect the costume to ever show up in a movie, but if it did, it'd almost certainly be the brown and tan one.
Though if anything, his Black and gray X-Force costume would be more of a possibility.

Andrew
11-14-2010, 01:00 AM
Darren Aronofsky Reveals the Official Title of the Wolverine Sequel!

The Black Swan director whom FOX chose to helm the X-Men Origins: Wolverine sequel confirms the official title of the film, with no number "2" attached.

Chatting with Drew McWeeny from HitFix, Darren Aronofsky, who's been tapped to direct FOX's follow-up to X-Men Origins: Wolverine, reveals that a number won't be attached to the official title of the sequel, dismissing the idea of the film being a sequel at all. Here's what McWeeny said verbatim:

"The film that he's directing is officially called "The Wolverine," and there won't be a number attached to it. In our interview, he referred to the movie as a "one-off," and he emphasized that the film isn't a sequel in any conventional sense."

While the title is simple, "The Wolverine" alone showcases its distinction from Gavin Hood's origins, as well as the 'X-Men' franchise overall. Though Matthew Vaughn's upcoming origin of the 'X-Men' in X-Men: First Class will in fact stick to that continuity, we can look forward to Logan's return ruling out his four previous appearances.

Darren Aronofsky's "one-off" is sending Logan to Japan, as various artists did in comic issues over the years. If those characters descriptions that leaked plot details last month are accurate—most likely they are since the studio demanded their removal from this site—Logan will be lured to Japan to learn who he is and where he came from.

And Hugh Jackman is surely attached to reprise his role, declining to return as host of this year's Oscars in order to begin prepping. With no official release date, FOX will begin shooting in late February or early March with Matthew Libatique behind the lens.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=25208

silverboy
11-14-2010, 04:51 AM
Sounds good to me.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine 2: The Wolverine

rwsmith
11-14-2010, 06:34 AM
Nice. I like the title. I hope that all that talk about it standing alone doesn't mean that it will somehow disregard the continuity of the other films, though. I'm fine if they want to ignore it (in fact I'd prefer it) but I don't think they should outright contradict it and make this movie its own self-contained universe outside of the other X-men films. That would just be too darn confusing IMO.

I hope they just start it off with him not knowing who he is and go from there. Don't rehash the stuff from Origins and do it differently, rather just go from where the previous film left off. Kind of like the recent Hulk reboot with Ed Norton did. It didn't outright contradict the Ang Lee film, rather it just picked up where that film left the character and did its own thing (instead of acting like a true sequel and picking up on plot threads from the previous film).

Oh, and work the brown costume into this motherf@€#&r somehow! A modernized version, of course. Not pure "underpants-on-the-outside" spandex.

WilliamRichard1985
11-14-2010, 06:40 AM
Nice. I like the title. I hope that all that talk about it standing alone doesn't mean that it will somehow disregard the continuity of the other films, though. I'm fine if they want to ignore it (in fact I'd prefer it) but I don't think they should outright contradict it and make this movie its own self-contained universe outside of the other X-men films. That would just be too darn confusing IMO.

I hope they just start it off with him not knowing who he is and go from there. Don't rehash the stuff from Origins and do it differently, rather just go from where the previous film left off. Kind of like the recent Hulk reboot with Ed Norton did. It didn't outright contradict the Ang Lee film, rather it just picked up where that film left the character and did its own thing (instead of acting like a true sequel and picking up on plot threads from the previous film).

Oh, and work the brown costume into this motherf@€#&r somehow! A modernized version, of course. Not pure "underpants-on-the-outside" spandex.

Leterrier's Hulk was a hard reboot and totally went against what Ang Lee did.The origin was different,there was no gamma bomb...Banner was unknowingly testing a version of the super soldier serum on himself.

I'm all for this stand alone/fuck everything that came before approach.The past 4 X-Men films have not aged well.

rwsmith
11-14-2010, 10:29 AM
I seem to remember it kind of picking up where the Ang Lee film left off with Banner in the Amazon, and the super soldier serum was not part of what created the Hulk rather it was gamma irradiated and used to create the Abomination. I may need to rewatch it, but I remember thinking at the time that there was nothing that directly contradicted the previous version when I watched it. At least nothing major that jumped out at me.

Regardless, I just don't want to see any rehash of X-men Origins: Wolverine. Just pick up where that film left off with Logan having the adamantium and no memories and go from there. Just my opinion, of course, but I see no reason to throw all of the existing franchise continuity out the window when they can just move forward from where it left off. They don't have to even acknowledge it.

dougmac
11-14-2010, 11:12 AM
I seem to remember it kind of picking up where the Ang Lee film left off with Banner in the Amazon, and the super soldier serum was not part of what created the Hulk rather it was gamma irradiated and used to create the Abomination. I may need to rewatch it, but I remember thinking at the time that there was nothing that directly contradicted the previous version when I watched it. At least nothing major that jumped out at me.

Regardless, I just don't want to see any rehash of X-men Origins: Wolverine. Just pick up where that film left off with Logan having the adamantium and no memories and go from there. Just my opinion, of course, but I see no reason to throw all of the existing franchise continuity out the window when they can just move forward from where it left off. They don't have to even acknowledge it.

you are right, they kept the stuff from the Lee movie, it was the montage at the beginning of the movie. The super soldier stuff was used on Blonsky. I wonder if the Avengers will have a line about the Hulk affecting Banner's appearence like they did with Cheadle as Rhodey when he's first introduced in Iron Man II.
I also think they wont throw out the established Xmen continuity but will just go with the memory being erased.

Andrew
11-14-2010, 01:10 PM

Which is exactly what they're doing. This approach works well for this movie; Logan is essentially starting at point zero (he has no recollection of who he is whatsoever) and it takes place many years before the X-Men films, so there is no reason to reference them at all.

It can (and likely will) take a fresh approach while not necessarily throwing anything else out the window. It is a stand-alone feature in the most logical and accurate sense of the term.

rwsmith
11-14-2010, 01:25 PM
Which is exactly what they're doing. This approach works well for this movie; Logan is essentially starting at point zero (he has no recollection of who he is whatsoever) and it takes place many years before the X-Men films, so there is no reason to reference them at all.

It can (and likely will) take a fresh approach while not necessarily throwing anything else out the window. It is a stand-alone feature in the most logical and accurate sense of the term.

Sounds perfect.:D

NickT
11-14-2010, 01:27 PM
Leterrier's Hulk was a hard reboot and totally went against what Ang Lee did.The origin was different,there was no gamma bomb...Banner was unknowingly testing a version of the super soldier serum on himself.

I'm all for this stand alone/fuck everything that came before approach.The past 4 X-Men films have not aged well.
Doesn't make much sense if you keep the same actor though. Since it's a prequel it's unlikely to be an issue, mind.

Andrew
11-14-2010, 05:45 PM
I also think they wont throw out the established Xmen continuity but will just go with the memory being erased.

Exactly. While it will chronologically take place after X-Men Origins: Wolverine, given that Logan's memory is gone, there is absolutely no reason to reference that movie. All that will be of importance in The Wolverine will be that he doesn't know who he is, he has adamantium claws, and the X-Men stuff won't happen until many years later so there doesn't need to be any connection to it.

If you figure that there are 15-20 years between the events of Origins and the original X-Men film, there are a lot of stand-alone Wolverine stories that can take place during that time. This will just be the first of them.

Spidey616
11-14-2010, 09:51 PM
The Wolverine!

Not the most original title, but could be worse

Marcdachamp
11-15-2010, 06:20 AM

As long as they stick with that, I'll be happy. 8-)

Andrew
11-15-2010, 09:20 AM
As long as they stick with that, I'll be happy. 8-)

Not surprisingly, it sounds like Aronofsky wants his film to be its own thing, unlike any of the previous films in the series, with the sole connection being the presence of Wolverine. Since the Japanese storyline is pretty far removed from the usual X-Men lore, this film is the perfect outlet for that kind of approach. It won't reference anything else but it won't contradict anything else either. It doesn't need to.

Marcdachamp
11-15-2010, 10:15 AM
Not surprisingly, it sounds like Aronofsky wants his film to be its own thing, unlike any of the previous films in the series, with the sole connection being the presence of Wolverine. Since the Japanese storyline is pretty far removed from the usual X-Men lore, this film is the perfect outlet for that kind of approach. It won't reference anything else but it won't contradict anything else either. It doesn't need to.

My anticipation for this flick just keeps growing. Part of me wants to go get the trade now, the other part wants to wait until a few weeks before the film comes out.

Andrew
11-15-2010, 01:15 PM
My anticipation for this flick just keeps growing. Part of me wants to go get the trade now, the other part wants to wait until a few weeks before the film comes out.

With the news that we've gotten regarding The Wolverine as well as X-Men: First Class, along with the talented people they've gotten to work on both films, there is an honest chance that both of them will turn out to be among the best comic book movies to date when they are released. It seems that Fox may have learned from their mistakes.

Let's hope so, anyway.

Andrew
11-18-2010, 12:45 PM
Darren Aronofsky Signs 2-Year Deal With Fox

18 November 2010

LOS ANGELES (November 18, 2010) — Fox Filmed Entertainment has signed Darren Aronofsky and his production company Protozoa Pictures to a new two-year, overall deal, it was announced today. Under the deal, Protozoa will develop and produce films for both Twentieth Century Fox and Fox Searchlight Pictures.

Aronofsky's debut picture under the pact will be THE WOLVERINE, starring Hugh Jackman. Written by Oscar®-winner Christopher McQuarrie, the film is scheduled to begin production in April next year.

The deal solidifies Fox's relationship with Aronofsky, whose recent films – this fall's critically acclaimed psychological thriller, Black Swan, was produced and distributed by Fox Searchlight, which also distributed Aronofsky's 2008 award-winning film The Wrester. Black Swan opened this year's Venice Film Festival, and has since screened at such major festivals as Telluride, Toronto and London to great acclaim. The film arrives in theaters beginning December 3rd.

"Darren's vision has brought audiences some of the most original and memorable stories and characters in recent motion picture history," said Fox Searchlight heads, Steve Gilula and Nancy Utley. "We at Fox witnessed this first hand with his work on The Wrestler, and Black Swan, and now, on THE WOLVERINE, which will be an exciting take on that iconic figure and on the genre itself. We can't wait to see what else Darren has in store for us."

Added Emma Watts, president of production, Twentieth Century Fox: "We're excited Darren is going to bring his unique vision to THE WOLVERINE and we take great satisfaction that Fox, irrespective of the size of his films, continues to provide a home for his extraordinary talent."

http://xmenfilms.net/blog1/?p=10061

More good news. I can't imagine that he would've signed off on this unless he'll get the type of creative control that he wants.

Andrew
11-18-2010, 05:40 PM
The Wolverine Will Start Filming In April!

Director Darren Aronofsky fresh off a two year deal with Fox Studios plans on starting filming on the sequel to X-Men Origins: Wolverine, titled The Wolverine next spring.

Director Darren Aronofsky has recently singed a two year deal in which his production company Protozoa will produce films for Twentieth Century Fox and Fox Searchlight Pictures.

The first film in this deal will be the sequel to the 2009 box office hit and X-Men prequel X-Men Origins: Wolverine. The sequel will be written by Oscar winning scribe Christopher McQuarrie starring Hugh Jackman returning as the title character, Wolverine.

According to the article filming is slated to begin in April of next year. The company is said to be looking for a winter of 2011 release date. The film so far only stars Jackman as we follow Wolverine directly after the events of X-Men Origins: Wolverine. The sequel will take place in Japan. No other cast members singed on as of now, though casting should start soon if they're aiming for a spring start.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/bleedthefreak/news/?a=25394

Again with the suggestion of a winter 2011 release. Interesting.

Andrew
11-19-2010, 02:15 PM

I've bought the individual issues of that original limited series but find myself wondering the same thing. Do I read the story now or closer to when the movie is out?

A.Huerta
11-19-2010, 02:20 PM
I will most likely pay to see this movie.

Andrew
11-19-2010, 03:10 PM
Darren Aronofsky Talks About The Wolverine

In an exclusive chat with Comingsoon, Aronofsky offers up a few tidbits about his upcoming sequel (that's not a sequel) to X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

It took a while, but now that Darren Aronofsky is officially confirmed as the man that will bring us The Wolverine, the director is starting to discuss it. He talks to Comingsoon.net about what we can expect from Chris McQuarrie's script, as well as addressing rumors of a Liev Schreiber appearance as Sabertooth and whether he will have a predominantly Japanese cast.

"There's all the samurai elements that are really exciting, I'm a big fan of Japanese movies, we're going to try to have a good time."

The director then confirmed that he would be casting a lot of Japanese actors but not if they would be speaking in Japanese with subtitles, or in English.

"It's still under discussion, we'll see what happens,"

My guess would be: Aronofsky wants subtitles, Fox don't! And what about this script from Christopher McQuarrie we have heard such good things about.

"Chris McQuarrie wrote a great screenplay. We're trying to get it into a slightly better place but he's working on it, and I think it'll be easy to fix. Chris is an amazing writer and I'm very lucky to have him as a collaborator."

Aronofsky also revealed that with his new film Black Swan gearing up for its December release, he has hardly had any time to really think about developing the project just yet. And when he was asked about a possible appearance as Liev Schreiber as Victor Creed..

"I'm not going to talk about any of that stuff."

Ah well. Its not a no! Maybe this film won't be quite so removed from the last one after all. Schreiber was easily one of the best things about X-Men Origins: Wolverine anyway so even though Sabertooth doesn't feature in the Japan saga, I wouldn't mind him being worked in for a cameo or something.

What do you guys think? I know the first movie was no great shakes and is about as welcome around these parts as a fart in a space suit, but with a director the calibre of Aronofsky on board are you willing to give this a shot?

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=25417

Spidey616
11-19-2010, 03:22 PM
So it's finally official. Awesome!

Supreme Convoy
11-19-2010, 09:53 PM
Hell yeah!

I thought the Wolverine movie was fun. I can't wait to see Wolverine take on The Hand.