PDA

View Full Version : Should the official age of adulthood be 18?

Brad N.
02-20-2010, 06:47 PM
I thought of this question in the polygamy thread and figured I'd pose the question. I mean, yes technically 18 years old makes one an adult in the United States, but there are lots of things you can do before 18 that are very adult-like behaviors and other adult behaviors you cannot do, and some of these things vary state to state.

Personally I think there should be an official age of adulthood across the country. Period. No more 14 year olds in Alabama getting married to some 55 year old dickhole because he had a couple of extra goats to give as dowry. I dunno if 18 is it (personally I'm more inclined to lower the age of adulthood to 17 or even 16, but that's another issue) but for the sake of argument we'll go with it. At 18 you can vote, own a firearm, enter the military, gamble, consume alcohol and tobacco, rent a car, whatever. However, now you have to be 18 to get married, drive a car (say a permit at 16 and 2 years of drivers training?) quit school, etc. Across the board with one age of adulthood that applies to everything...what do you guys think?

Thudpucker
02-20-2010, 06:50 PM
Yes, Either a person is an adult or they are not.

Never understood the reasoning for denying men and women old enough to fight in our military a beer.

Jef UK
02-20-2010, 06:51 PM
Why bother? How are you going to get the states to give up their rights on this?

Jacques Toochay
02-20-2010, 06:52 PM
I agree that there should be one nationwide age for legal adulthood, but I would make it 20 myself. 18 year olds are still ridiculously immature for the most part.

Ray G.
02-20-2010, 06:52 PM

Never understood the reasoning for denying men and women old enough to fight in our military a beer.

God, yes. That pisses me off.

Thanks, Elizabeth Dole!

Jacques Toochay
02-20-2010, 06:53 PM
Why bother? How are you going to get the states to give up their rights on this?

Oh god! Here comes the libertarians!

;-)

michealdark
02-20-2010, 06:54 PM
The official age of adulthood should be 50, because I've known enough people in their 30s that still act like giant kids to know that adulthood isn't an age, it's a state of mind

R0cketFr0g
We have an expert on this on the board. Where is he?

Jason California
there should be no shades of what a legal an adult is, but I have no problem letting each state decide when that happens.

Thudpucker
02-20-2010, 06:55 PM

This way:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_amendments_to_the_United_States_Constituti on

The 26th amendment standardized the voting age to 18.

stevapalooza
02-20-2010, 06:55 PM
I think it should be pushed up to 21. I haven't met many 18-year-olds I'd consider adults in any way other than biologically.

Jef UK
02-20-2010, 06:56 PM

And a relatively arbitrary number has little to do with that. Nor do I think your statement is true. It's pretty easy to think of ways any given person at any given age is both like an adult, and not like an adult. A sixteen year old boy can ejaculate semen like an adult, but we don't call him an adult. So he's not either an adult or not. Hell, that's the entire notion of adolescence!

I'm sure we can come up with any number of ways an 18 year old is not like an adult, in general, not to mention any given individual.

Brad N.
02-20-2010, 06:57 PM

They already do it with other laws. For example, in MN for years the legal blood alcohol level was below a .10 even though almost every other state was at a .08. Finally the Dept. of Transportation said they would be withholding tens of millions of dollars in federal funding every year unless MN adopted the .08 law.

siguy
02-20-2010, 06:58 PM
People are fucking retards when they're 8, 18, and 48. Whatever.

Thudpucker
02-20-2010, 06:58 PM
And a relatively arbitrary number has little to do with that. Nor do I think your statement is true. It's pretty easy to think of ways any given person at any given age is both like an adult, and not like an adult. A sixteen year old boy can ejaculate semen like an adult, but we don't call him an adult. So he's not either an adult or not. Hell, that's the entire notion of adolescence!

I'm sure we can come up with any number of ways an 18 year old is not like an adult, in general, not to mention any given individual.

I can't think of a single good reason to strip an 18 of rights a 21 year old has.

If you can I'm interested.

Jef UK
02-20-2010, 06:59 PM
This way:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_amendments_to_the_United_States_Constituti on

The 26th amendment standardized the voting age to 18.

So, an amendment to the United States Constitution for every divergent age law between states? Right. Good luck with that.

Jason California
02-20-2010, 06:59 PM

What makes you happy? What do you enjoy?:D

Thudpucker
02-20-2010, 07:00 PM
I think it should be pushed up to 21. I haven't met many 18-year-olds I'd consider adults in any way other than biologically.

Push everything up to 21 or lower it all to 18. That makes sense.

Picking and chosing certain things to give to 18 year olds is what I don't really get.

Thudpucker
02-20-2010, 07:01 PM
So, an amendment to the United States Constitution for every divergent age law between states? Right. Good luck with that.

Thank you. With your good wishes I'm sure we'll win! :D

R0cketFr0g
02-20-2010, 07:01 PM
Hurm...

Jef UK
02-20-2010, 07:04 PM
They already do it with other laws. For example, in MN for years the legal blood alcohol level was below a .10 even though almost every other state was at a .08. Finally the Dept. of Transportation said they would be withholding tens of millions of dollars in federal funding every year unless MN adopted the .08 law.

Yes, that's how Congress got the states to raise the minimum drinking age to 21 throughout the states.

You'll have to provide some motive as to why congress would do so for other areas (marriage is the one?), or why they would bother to ratify a certain age as "an adult" into federal law. What's the point again?

Jef UK
02-20-2010, 07:05 PM
Thank you. With your good wishes I'm sure we'll win! :D

Heh. :D

siguy
02-20-2010, 07:07 PM
What makes you happy? What do you enjoy?:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-KyL2gMxV8

First 1:30 or so. Total bonerville.

Let's try something for fun, seeing as how I am the unauthorized moderator here (Comic book author Brian Michael Bendis sent me a secret letter)

In a few short lines, explain the concept to which you believe the word "adulthood" refers.

Then explain, in a few short lines, below that, why you believe there should not only be an age at which everyone should be considered an adult, but what the I'm not gonna do this I already lost interest.

Just listen to Gould, everyone.

Jef UK
02-20-2010, 07:07 PM
I guess that's my main question: why in the world do you want Congress to ratify a certain age as the definition of "adult" into Federal Law? It doesn't make very much sense. I don't understand what the benefit is supposed to be.

Thudpucker
02-20-2010, 07:08 PM
Yes, that's how Congress got the states to raise the minimum drinking age to 21 throughout the states.

You'll have to provide some motive as to why congress would do so for other areas (marriage is the one?), or why they would bother to ratify a certain age as "an adult" into federal law. What's the point again?

What's the point of not doing it?

If the only reason you don't think it should be done is because you personally don't see a need for it that's kind of lame.

Jason California
02-20-2010, 07:08 PM
I like how the federal government takes money from the states and then says that they need to meet fed regulations to get that money back when they can't force them to do it.

Jason California
02-20-2010, 07:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-KyL2gMxV8

First 1:30 or so. Total bonerville.

That was really nice. Thank you.

Jef UK
02-20-2010, 07:11 PM
What's the point of not doing it?

If the only reason you don't think it should be done is because you personally don't see a need for it that's kind of lame.

What?

Why would Congress ratify an official age as the definition of "adult" in to Federal Law?

There would need to be a point, yes.

Jacques Toochay
02-20-2010, 07:12 PM
That was really nice. Thank you.

Not enough autotune.
:mad:

Thudpucker
02-20-2010, 07:14 PM
What?

Why would Congress ratify an official age as the definition of "adult" in to Federal Law?

There would need to be a point, yes.

The point would be to stop individual States from denying some adults rights that other adults have.

Jef UK
02-20-2010, 07:15 PM
By the way, not being able to rent a car until you're 25 has nothing to do with state or federal law.

Jacques Toochay
02-20-2010, 07:19 PM
Wait... I want to change my answer.

I just realized that such a law would lessen my chances* of getting a legal blowjob from a hot 16 year old in Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Georgia, Hawaii, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Vermont, Washington,and/or West Virginia.

*Those chances are currently 1 in a billion. A man can dream, dammit!

RickLM
02-20-2010, 07:22 PM
God, yes. That pisses me off.

Thanks, Elizabeth Dole!

What does Elizabeth Dole have to do with this?

As for the larger question, I like where things are -- 16 for driving, 18 for adult status, 21 for alcohol. Perhaps if young people had a better track record on drinking, I'd say lower it. But judging by the binge drinking that already happens on college campuses, I think lowering the legal age would make that problem 10 times worse. Traffic deaths would increase in a hurry.

As for marriage, some of these states are way too lenient. It should be 18 at the earliest, or maybe 17 if you're done with high school already.

Jef UK
02-20-2010, 07:22 PM
The point would be to stop individual States from denying some adults rights that other adults have.

Examples, please. Voting age is the same. Drinking age is the same. Military service age is the same. Marriage ages skew younger in variant states. Car rental has nothing to do with the law. With the exception of 3 states and 3 counties in New York, the age to buy tobacco is 18 (raised to 19 in those 3 states and 3 counties); meanwhile 4 states have no tobacco regulation, and therefore no minimum buying age.

So what's the point again? You want everybody to be able to buy smokes at the same age throughout the country, except where kids already can? Groansville.

Thudpucker
02-20-2010, 07:24 PM
Examples, please. Voting age is the same. Drinking age is the same. Military service age is the same. Marriage ages skew younger in variant states. Car rental has nothing to do with the law. With the exception of 3 states and 3 counties in New York, the age to buy tobacco is 18 (raised to 19 in those 3 states and 3 counties); meanwhile 4 states have no tobacco regulation, and therefore no minimum buying age.

So what's the point again? You want everybody to be able to buy smokes at the same age throughout the country, except where kids already can? Groansville.

I can drink. An 18 year old can not.

That is a right one adult has that another does not.

Jef UK
02-20-2010, 07:25 PM
Oh yeah, guns: Federal law says you have to be 18 to purchase a gun.

Jef UK
02-20-2010, 07:31 PM
I can drink. An 18 year old can not.

That is a right one adult has that another does not.

That's not exactly true*, and you have to come up with a way to repeal the National Minimum Drinking Age Act of 1984:

The National Minimum Drinking Age Act of 1984 states that revenue will be withheld from states that allow the purchase of alcohol by anyone under the age of 21. Prior to the effective date of that Act, the drinking age varied from state to state. Some states do not allow those under the legal drinking age to be present in liquor stores or in bars (usually, the difference between a bar and a restaurant is whether food is being served). *Contrary to popular belief, since the National Minimum Drinking Age Act of 1984, few states specifically prohibit minors' and young adults' consumption of alcohol in private settings. As of January 1, 2007, 14 states and the District of Columbia ban underage consumption outright, 19 states do not specifically ban underage consumption, and an additional 17 states have family member and/or location exceptions to their underage consumption laws.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drinking_age#Americas

Thudpucker
02-20-2010, 07:33 PM
If an 18, 19 or 20 year old is not deemed fit to drink alcohol they should not serve in our military. They should not vote in our elections.

Some States allow 18 year olds to become Police Officers. Police Officers who are not adults? That's insane.

Jef UK
02-20-2010, 07:48 PM
If an 18, 19 or 20 year old is not deemed fit to drink alcohol they should not serve in our military. They should not vote in our elections.

I don't understand why you are reversing the if/then statement here. Don't you mean, "If an 18-20 year old can vote and serve in our military, then they should be able to drink"? Your reversal of the if/then statement doesn't make sense. If an 18 year old is not deemed fit to drink alcohol it does not follow that they should not serve in our military or not vote in our elections.

Also, I've already shown that most states don't restrict minors from drinking in private, so your premise that the U.S. doesn't deem 18-20 year olds fit to drink is inaccurate.

Some States allow 18 year olds to become Police Officers. Police Officers who are not adults? That's insane.

Huh? 18 is generally considered the age at which an individual legally becomes an adult throughout the U.S. Except they can't purchase alcohol. So I don't understand what you are saying here.

Jef UK
02-20-2010, 08:01 PM
What's funny is that if you want to reverse the legal drinking age back to 18, you show how the National Minimum Drinking Age Act of 1984 is unconstitutional as it infringes on States' rights. That would make for a good argument. Which is to say that I think this whole question was framed incorrectly.

Adrian B AWESOME
02-20-2010, 08:03 PM
Yeah, lower it to 16, cuz that's how my dick sees it, amiright?!

A.Huerta
02-20-2010, 08:04 PM
Adrien is on a roll.

Adrian B AWESOME
02-20-2010, 08:08 PM
Basically, people on this board want marry multiple people under the age of 18.

Come on.

Jef UK
02-20-2010, 08:14 PM

Come on.

It's not even that. 18 is already the age of majority (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_majority) in the U.S. So this question doesn't make sense.

Adrian B AWESOME
02-20-2010, 08:17 PM
It's not even that. 18 is already the age of majority (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_majority) in the U.S. So this question doesn't make sense.

But we need it lower! My dick breaks the law (and in chicks) all the time, youknowwutimsayin?!?!!?!?

Brad N.
02-21-2010, 07:20 AM

But there are things you cannot do at the age of 18, like buy and consume alcohol for example. There are also adult like things you can do before 18 like get married and drive a vehicle. I think most people here are smart enough to understand the question, dude. As usual your over analysis isn't needed.

Adrian B AWESOME
02-21-2010, 07:22 AM
But there are things you cannot do at the age of 18, like buy and consume alcohol for example. There are also adult like things you can do before 18 like get married and drive a vehicle. I think most people here are smart enough to understand the question, dude. As usual your over analysis isn't needed.

I heartily disagree.

Brad N.
02-21-2010, 07:24 AM

Come on.

Yes, that's what anyone has said Adrian. Neither in this thread or the polygamy one has anyone made such a ridiculous statement or even hinted at it.

In fact more than one person in this thread suggested raising the age of adulthood above 18. Do you even bother to read these threads anymore before you offer your patented AWESOME (c) brand of criticism?

Brad N.
02-21-2010, 07:27 AM
I heartily disagree.

That's fantastic. I just felt the question was pretty simple to understand. There are things people can do before 18 and things they can do after 18 and some of them vary from state to state. My question was 5th grade level simple in asking if 18 should be the law across the board in every state for adulthood. Most of the board understood that, I'm not sure why Jef didn't.

Patch
02-21-2010, 07:30 AM

Thank you for making the rest of us appear positively sunny.

Adrian B AWESOME
02-21-2010, 07:30 AM
Hey, Brad, why don't you get pissed about it?

Brad N.
02-21-2010, 07:38 AM
Hey, Brad, why don't you get pissed about it?

I rarely get pissed about anything, certainly not OMD level pissed anyway.

R0cketFr0g
02-21-2010, 07:42 AM
I rarely get pissed about anything, certainly not OMD level pissed anyway.

Orchestral Maneuvers in the Dark suck really hard.

JamesV
02-21-2010, 07:42 AM
One of the reasons we let people do things at different ages is a gradual increase in rights and responsibilities.

You can argue that some the way those match up don't make any sense or are contradictory, but that seems to me to be more conflicting value judgements than anything else.

The idea that setting a national age of adulthood in order to balance what is adult "rights" and what are not, seems like a recipe for disaster. College bing drinking was brought up as an example of irresponsibility, but it partly stems from a floodgate effect of "here you go!"

Similarly, just because you say that the national age of adulthood is 18, doesn't mean that all the rights and responsibilities that are seen as adult (like driving) will suddenly be raised to the age of 18.

TIP
02-21-2010, 07:54 AM
Orchestral Maneuvers in the Dark suck really hard.

:lol:

WinterRose
02-21-2010, 09:46 AM
I like how the federal government takes money from the states and then says that they need to meet fed regulations to get that money back when they can't force them to do it.

That's called 'Price of admission' or 'Paying your dues'. You wanna be a member of the union, you pays your cover charges like everyone else. Or you can be like Texas and threaten to secede every 5 or 10 years.

WinterRose
02-21-2010, 10:27 AM
One age of adulthood for official type things like Licenses, spirited alcohol, and all that jazz? Yeah. I'm good with that. I'm actually good with 20 being the official age of adulthood. A good round emotionally satisfying number.

And I quite agree with Toochay on this. 18 year olds are NOT adults. Not in behaviour or emotional maturity. Think on when you were 18. You thought you were GROWN. Now remember when you were 20 and how INFANTILE 18 year olds seemed to you a mere 2 years later. Looking at people still mired in a high school mentality. You thought to yourself, "Fuck me... Was I ever that immature?" To which the answer is YES. You were. Every last one of you. Don't front.

As for things like guns... The base 5 and 10 system seems to work for a lot of higher government type offices. You have to be 35 to be elected president and so on. But who in their right mind thinks a 20 year old is mature enough to kill someone if necessary? To hold a gun? To enforce the law or prosecute war in the name of their country? I'd make that 25 at least.

Of course not being able to indoctrinate our youth in their physical prime early on won't sit well with the military. And you know what? Hell with them. If they want to dangle college money at our kids to get them to enlist, let em pay up-front and let the kid get educated before you send him out to war. What a great inspiration to NOT flunk out nowadays. "I gotta keep my grades up, or I go to basic training and get sent to Afghanistan."

A soldier with a 4 year degree's going to be a lot more careful with his life cos he's got more invested in it. The military's going to be more mindful of its resources if they've got money already invested in its soldiers' education. Not to mention we'll have a more educated military to field. We'll let you learn a bit more about the value of human life before we put a gun in your hand and start telling you to take away the lives of others in the name of mere ideology.

As for drinking. 20's a fine age to get your whistle wet, as it were. You've got 5 years before we trust you with a gun in your hand to learn to hold your liquor. That's a part of growing up is learning about altered states of mind. But not exactly something we want you doing while you're still in grade school or still physically developing. Hell, technically your brain's not done developing til you're about 26. But no-one's gonna wait that long to start trashing themselves.

Now that said... The age of CONSENT should be a universal 16 which is about the time a lot of teens decide to become sexually active anyway. Which is kind of a magic number for teens anyway. When they start getting entrusted with stuff. Learner's permits.

Which eliminates a lot of the murky, "Were they 18 or not?" kinds of coital weirdness that happens legally. Hell, you've got 18 year olds in high school that can technically be charged with Stat-Rape for sleeping with, or merely having meaningful contact with their significant others. Make the age of consent 16 and that problem pretty much goes away.

But add a rider to that. If you're over the age of 20, you're getting stat-rape charges if you fuck anything under the age of 20. It's legal for minors to fuck one another above the age of consent. But if you're over the age of 20, you're gonna do time in PMITA PRISON for doing a 16 year old.

JamesV
02-21-2010, 10:41 AM
So it's not okay to have 18 year old high school students being charged with Stat-Rape charges for sleeping with or merely having meaningful contact with their Sig Others...

But god forbid you're a college student and you turn 20 before your now 19 year old girlfriend and have sex?

Jef UK
02-21-2010, 11:36 AM
That's fantastic. I just felt the question was pretty simple to understand. There are things people can do before 18 and things they can do after 18 and some of them vary from state to state. My question was 5th grade level simple in asking if 18 should be the law across the board in every state for adulthood. Most of the board understood that, I'm not sure why Jef didn't.

I don't see the point in approaching topics as though one was a 5th grader.

Jef UK
02-21-2010, 11:42 AM

It's a misstated question that doesn't make much sense and ignores the context within those laws exist--great for 5th graders, I suppose. But then, what was anybody supposed to talk about? I provided the simple analysis of someone with the internet at his fingertips.

Right on, duders!

No way, home slice!

Is that what you were looking for?

Criden
02-21-2010, 11:47 AM
So it's not okay to have 18 year old high school students being charged with Stat-Rape charges for sleeping with or merely having meaningful contact with their Sig Others...

But god forbid you're a college student and you turn 20 before your now 19 year old girlfriend and have sex?

Does that really happen?

siguy
02-21-2010, 11:50 AM
How come when Ozymandias killed those scientists in the intrinsic field, he didn't worry about them coming back like Dr. Manhattan? He will have a shitload of trouble if they come back in a month.

artimoff
02-21-2010, 12:00 PM
I don't think that at 18 you're magicaly ready for everything.

Jason California
02-21-2010, 12:05 PM
That's called 'Price of admission' or 'Paying your dues'. You wanna be a member of the union, you pays your cover charges like everyone else. Or you can be like Texas and threaten to secede every 5 or 10 years.

It sounds like extortion to me.

If they want to have the ability to make a federal law they should add an amendment.

siguy
02-21-2010, 12:12 PM

Unless you want to leave the "Union". Then they try to kill you and say you really have no right to leave because then there wouldn't be a union which you voluntarily joined.

R0cketFr0g
02-21-2010, 12:14 PM
Unless you want to leave the "Union". Then they try to kill you and say you really have no right to leave because then there would be a union which you voluntarily joined.

You are so right!

Jason California
02-21-2010, 12:34 PM
You are so right!

I think he is.

siguy
02-21-2010, 12:37 PM
Ignore him, he has a crush on me.

Jason California
02-21-2010, 12:41 PM
I like Rocketfrog and will talk to him whenever I want to, thank you very much.

c. page
02-21-2010, 12:50 PM
Wait... I want to change my answer.

I just realized that such a law would lessen my chances* of getting a legal blowjob from a hot 16 year old in Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Georgia, Hawaii, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Vermont, Washington,and/or West Virginia.

*Those chances are currently 1 in a billion. A man can dream, dammit!

only works in washington if you are two years older than the hot sixteen year old girl. otherwise, no deal.

R0cketFr0g
02-21-2010, 02:25 PM
Ignore him, he has a crush on me.

I like Rocketfrog and will talk to him whenever I want to, thank you very much.

Don't fight boys, these Froglegs spread wide enough for the both of you.

:heybaby:

Jef UK
02-21-2010, 03:31 PM
No way, dude. Just sayin', brah. It's all good.

juampi
02-21-2010, 03:34 PM
It should be 16, for girls at least...:twisted:

R0cketFr0g
02-21-2010, 03:35 PM
It should be 16, for girls at least...:twisted:

The ugly ones as well?

Jef UK
02-21-2010, 03:36 PM
Dude, 18, so way, m'kay?

juampi
02-21-2010, 03:39 PM
The ugly ones as well?

Nope. 8-)

Edit: Just the cute and the easy ones.

Jef UK
02-21-2010, 03:41 PM
Look, all I'm sayin' is 18 is an adult, my brutha, and so all adults should be 18 and driving and buying beer. We cool?

R0cketFr0g
02-21-2010, 03:44 PM
Look, all I'm sayin' is 18 is an adult, my brutha, and so all adults should be 18 and driving and buying beer. We cool?

What about guns? Can they buy guns?

juampi
02-21-2010, 03:45 PM
I'm not sold to 16 year-old girls with guns.

Jef UK
02-21-2010, 03:53 PM
What about guns? Can they buy guns?

Don't over analyze it, Frogman! I'm not here to discuss this discussion, I just want to talk about it, ya know? I mean, if you agree with me that's great, but if you're going to explain yourself when you don't, I mean, well I just don't get why you don't get it. And now you're accusing me of stuff I never said? Come on, Frogman, let's be real here.

R0cketFr0g
02-21-2010, 03:55 PM
Don't over analyze it, Frogman! I'm not here to discuss this discussion, I just want to talk about it, ya know? I mean, if you agree with me that's great, but if you're going to explain yourself when you don't, I mean, well I just don't get why you don't get it. And now you're accusing me of stuff I never said? Come on, Frogman, let's be real here.

:D

How was it not clear to me before?

JamesV
02-21-2010, 04:41 PM
Does that really happen?

There are stories of it happening.

But more to the point, I was just pulling from the WinterRose's example of fixing the problem and just creating the exact similar problem.

Brad N.
02-21-2010, 06:24 PM
I don't see the point in approaching topics as though one was a 5th grader.

No, instead you'll add layers of complexities where they don't need to be. I thought it was a very simple and straightforward question. I wasn't asking for a simple yes or no either, but I certainly wasn't expecting anyone to jump in and insult the very idea of the question itself.

Brad N.
02-21-2010, 06:28 PM
It's a misstated question that doesn't make much sense and ignores the context within those laws exist--great for 5th graders, I suppose. But then, what was anybody supposed to talk about? I provided the simple analysis of someone with the internet at his fingertips.

Right on, duders!

No way, home slice!

Is that what you were looking for?

You're a peach.

Jason California
02-21-2010, 06:29 PM
Some of you guys could use a hug. I am giving out free hug for s limited time.

R0cketFr0g
02-21-2010, 06:32 PM
No, instead you'll add layers of complexities where they don't need to be. I thought it was a very simple and straightforward question. I wasn't asking for a simple yes or no either, but I certainly wasn't expecting anyone to jump in and insult the very idea of the question itself.

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

R0cketFr0g
02-21-2010, 06:33 PM
Some of you guys could use a hug. I am giving out free hug for s limited time.

Until you turn 18?

Jason California
02-21-2010, 06:35 PM
Until you turn 18?

I am well past that point now, but I can be younger if you want.

R0cketFr0g
02-21-2010, 06:37 PM
I am well past that point now, but I can be younger if you want.

Oh you!

You know anything about Millet seed?

Jason California
02-21-2010, 06:39 PM
Oh you!

You know anything about Millet seed?

I know a little about panicum ramosum. It originated in South East Asia. Brown Top is an annual growing 2-5 feet tall. Used for hay production, wildlife applications and as a summer grazing crop. It is also used in Southern locations as a "nurse crop" for erosion control during the establishment phase of slower growing perennial grasses (along highway banks / turf slope areas.) Its abundance of seed production makes it very attractive to dove and quail. When planted with corn or alone and then flooded after it matures in the fall, it is one of the best choices in a food supply for wild ducks available. Less productive than Sudangrass, hybrid millets and cattail, but is firmer stemmed and less rank in growth. Will usually volunteer or reseed itself easily on fields flooded in fall for duck hunting.

R0cketFr0g
02-21-2010, 06:41 PM
I know a little about panicum ramosum. It originated in South East Asia. Brown Top is an annual growing 2-5 feet tall. Used for hay production, wildlife applications and as a summer grazing crop. It is also used in Southern locations as a "nurse crop" for erosion control during the establishment phase of slower growing perennial grasses (along highway banks / turf slope areas.) Its abundance of seed production makes it very attractive to dove and quail. When planted with corn or alone and then flooded after it matures in the fall, it is one of the best choices in a food supply for wild ducks available. Less productive than Sudangrass, hybrid millets and cattail, but is firmer stemmed and less rank in growth. Will usually volunteer or reseed itself easily on fields flooded in fall for duck hunting.

/swoon

I love it when you talk croppy.

R0cketFr0g
02-21-2010, 06:42 PM
Wild ducks...huh.

Jason California
02-21-2010, 06:43 PM
I can do this all night long. but at midnight I have to go to bed.