PDA

View Full Version : Is Solid Snake gay?

The Hodag
02-16-2010, 04:51 PM
I've been ruminating on this for the past five minutes and I need some answers, pronto. I remember him hitting on chicks in the games, but it always seemed like an act. Trying too hard, y'know? And then you had Naked Snake in the third game, the dude Solid Snake was cloned from, and he was suuuuuper uncomfortable around chicks. They were throwing themselves at him throughout the game and he was all like, "Uh, I gotta go."

Lastly: his name is Solid Snake.

The evidence seems compelling.

Superior Kiai
02-16-2010, 04:52 PM
Really??

I don't see it...

Kurt Russell Crowe
02-16-2010, 04:52 PM
he bangs Ottacon under that box.

juampi
02-16-2010, 04:54 PM
He's a loner...And Big Boss (Naked Snake) was a little socially impaired, that's all.

Criden
02-16-2010, 04:56 PM
And then you had Naked Snake in the third game, the dude Solid Snake was cloned from, and he was suuuuuper uncomfortable around chicks.

Is the clone of a gay person definitely going to be gay?

Jason California
02-16-2010, 04:57 PM
I hope he is. Gay people need a tough as nails role model. They don't have enough of them

The Hodag
02-16-2010, 04:58 PM
Is the clone of a gay person definitely going to be gay?

Well, Vampire Willow was gay and so was Willow, so I'm gonna go ahead and say "yes, always."

Whip
02-16-2010, 04:59 PM
Him and Otacon are so together.

I mean, c'mon. You cannot spell SUBTEXT without BUTTSEX!

Superior Kiai
02-16-2010, 05:01 PM
Him and Otacon are so together.

I mean, c'mon. You cannot spell SUBTEXT without BUTTSEX!

:rofl:

TheKraken
02-16-2010, 05:01 PM
Snake... do you believe love can bloom on the battlefield?

Foolish Mortal
02-16-2010, 05:02 PM
He's a loner...And Big Boss (Naked Snake) was a little socially impaired, that's all.
Yes, that's always the way his character was. He's this super soldier with no real social skills because being a super soldier is all he knows.

The Hodag
02-16-2010, 05:04 PM
I was also thinking there were at least two times in MGS3 ("Snake Eater") that some dude grabs Snake's crotch and the controller vibrates to simulate it. On one level - hey, it's Japan and they're a weird people, especially Hideo Kojima, the Metal Gear designer. On the other hand, it's about 100% more dudes-crotch-grabbing-dudes than in any other game.

Fygar
02-16-2010, 05:11 PM
There are some things in life I am not sure about. I do know one thing though, Solid Snake loves the pussy. He just does.

The Hodag
02-16-2010, 05:12 PM
Yes, that's always the way his character was. He's this super soldier with no real social skills because being a super soldier is all he knows.

On a more serious level, I always wondered if this was some kind of allegory of dating difficulties in Japan. Otacon's an obvious "dorky guy stuck in a fantasy world", but really it's the same deal for Snake - he's just more badass in his loneliness than an anime dork. I remember reading that Japan's got a surprisingly high percentage of virgins, too caught up in business/nerd stuff/etc for sex.

Kojima's always been a "meta" kind of game designer. Wonder if that was ever on his mind.

dEnny!
02-16-2010, 05:12 PM
Who?

The name is pretty lame.

leafinsectman
02-16-2010, 05:14 PM
It says on the MGS1 guide that I have that Big Boss' battle injuries have rendered him impotent so if he's gay, he's on the receiving end.

Also, this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9m3NPVNqbg

The Hodag
02-16-2010, 05:16 PM
There are some things in life I am not sure about. I do know one thing though, Solid Snake loves the pussy. He just does.

The mere fact that he's based on Kurt Russell lends some credence to this, but by my count he's been in about a half dozen games with hot chicks throwing themselves at him and still never overtly scored.

Or wait, did he sorta score via his clone-daddy, Naked Snake, in MGS3? That whole game was Bond-themed and I sorta remember Naked Snake rolling around with a chick in a cabin at the end while they ignored a phone call from the President or something.

I mean, the game still faded to black before he inevitably told her he can only get it up for dudes, but it's something.

Foolish Mortal
02-16-2010, 05:17 PM
Who?

The name is pretty lame.

http://i47.tinypic.com/x5xbew.jpg

And Solid Snake is anything but lame.

Akira
02-16-2010, 05:19 PM
Well, he (or rather Big Boss) definitely banged EVA in MGS3. As for Solid Snake himself, I agree that he's too preoccupied with war to care much about relationships.

Hate_Prime
02-16-2010, 05:28 PM
All will be revealed in Metal Gear Stroke The One-Eyed Snake Then Swallow It's Milk

Superior Kiai
02-16-2010, 05:40 PM
All will be revealed in Metal Gear Stroke The One-Eyed Snake Then Swallow It's Milk

The title is a little ominous...

The Hodag
02-16-2010, 05:42 PM
Who?

The name is pretty lame.

Okay, now let's not get crazy. :mad:

With MGS you gotta embrace the Japanese strangeness, and if you do it becomes sublime. How can you not love foes with code names like Revolver Ocelot and Screaming Mantis?

afroloq
02-16-2010, 05:51 PM
3 pages and no one mentioned Raiden and his effeminate looks?

Superior Kiai
02-16-2010, 05:52 PM
3 pages and no one mentioned Raiden and his effeminate looks?

Raiden may look as gay as he does, but we do have tangible evidence (a.k.a. the baby) that the man digs the pussy.

Snake, I'm afraid to say, is a tad shakier on the matter... :-?

The Hodag
02-16-2010, 06:00 PM
Raiden may look as gay as he does, but we do have tangible evidence (a.k.a. the baby) that the man digs the pussy.

I dunno, it wouldn't be the first time a gay guy fathered a kid. :lol:

Say, does anyone know about Hideo Kojima's personal life? Married? Have a family? Or is he one of these lonely Japanese anime guys? I don't think I've ever seen a game series that feels so personal - this in spite of all the movie references and homages - and it wouldn't surprise me to find he's still kind of a socially awkward guy.

And whatever the case, I still need to play MGS4.

afroloq
02-16-2010, 06:14 PM

Snake, I'm afraid to say, is a tad shakier on the matter... :-?

Raiden may like playing both sides....

The Hodag
02-16-2010, 06:20 PM
Raiden may like playing both sides....

The series is obsessed with double agents.

Hate_Prime
02-16-2010, 06:21 PM
Can anyone say for sure that the baby didn't come from of Raiden's vagina?

The Hodag
02-16-2010, 06:23 PM
http://www.starstore.com/acatalog/MGS2-raiden-ud.jpg

afroloq
02-16-2010, 06:24 PM
Can anyone say for sure that the baby didn't come from of Raiden's vagina?

All witnesses were killed dead.

The Hodag
02-16-2010, 06:26 PM
Snake plays it rough with his lovers:

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6444/snake070921clnr0.jpg

Foolish Mortal
02-16-2010, 06:26 PM
Anyone who has watched a decent amount of Anime knows Snake's awkwardness around women is pretty typical of Anime male protagonists.

Ultimate Lurker
02-16-2010, 06:34 PM

Say, does anyone know about Hideo Kojima's personal life? Married? Have a family? Or is he one of these lonely Japanese anime guys? I don't think I've ever seen a game series that feels so personal - this in spite of all the movie references and homages - and it wouldn't surprise me to find he's still kind of a socially awkward guy.

What's a lonely Japanese anime guy, exactly?

R0cketFr0g
02-16-2010, 06:34 PM
Anyone who has watched a decent amount of Anime knows Snake's awkwardness around women is pretty typical of Anime male protagonists.

So all anime males prefer to smoke the dill?

dasNdanger
02-16-2010, 06:36 PM

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2009/04/26/hideo_kojima_dream_classroom/

Also, from imdb trivia:

"Some of the exchanges of dialogue between Jack and Rose are based on those between Hideo Kojima and his wife. For example, before they got married, she would always ask him what day it was. Once, when they had a date, he completely forgot about it. This is what Rose's continuous asking Jack "what day tomorrow is" is taken from."

Google. It's your friend.

das

The Hodag
02-16-2010, 06:36 PM

http://www.weirdasianews.com/2009/08/30/japanese-men-give-meaning-pillow-talk/

Foolish Mortal
02-16-2010, 06:38 PM
So all anime males prefer to smoke the dill?
No, they're generally sexless, period. It isn't until late in the Anime series where their sexuality begins to emerge and the hero and heroine finally hook up.

The Hodag
02-16-2010, 06:38 PM
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2009/04/26/hideo_kojima_dream_classroom/Google. It's your friend.

Wrong!

Courteous Benbo people like you are my friend!

Anyway...Kojima got himself a beard, eh?

The Hodag
02-16-2010, 06:43 PM

Ah, I found the actual article I was thinking of about virgins in Japan and the country's declining birthrate:

http://www.popularasians.com/content/view/40/66/

dasNdanger
02-16-2010, 06:46 PM
Wrong!

Courteous Benbo people like you are my friend!

Anyway...Kojima got himself a beard, eh?

I have a friend who calls me 'poo' (long story). Back when I used to crew on our state's tall ship, she used to ask me all about sailing terms and maneuvers. Almost everyday it was, 'Poo, how many sails does a ship have?', or 'Poo, how long does it take to raise anchor?' - all sorts of stuff. Finally I said to her, 'Why don't you just google it?', and she replied, 'Why google, when I can POOgle!' :bored: Seven years later, she still calls me poogle whenever she wants to know something.

das

The Hodag
02-16-2010, 07:25 PM
I have a friend who calls me 'poo' (long story). Back when I used to crew on our state's tall ship, she used to ask me all about sailing terms and maneuvers. Almost everyday it was, 'Poo, how many sails does a ship have?', or 'Poo, how long does it take to raise anchor?' - all sorts of stuff. Finally I said to her, 'Why don't you just google it?', and she replied, 'Why google, when I can POOgle!' :bored: Seven years later, she still calls me poogle whenever she wants to know something.

das

You can rest assured that the Bendis Board shall not indulge in such childishness.

Superior Kiai
02-16-2010, 07:26 PM
You can rest assured that the Bendis Board shall not indulge in such childishness Poogle.

Fixed.

The Hodag
02-16-2010, 07:29 PM
Fixed.

http://www.davidbowieisverydisappointedinyou.com/images/bowie.gif

Superior Kiai
02-16-2010, 07:31 PM
http://www.davidbowieisverydisappointedinyou.com/images/bowie.gif

I couldn't help myself Mr. Bowie. :surrend:

Please don't release the diamond dogs on me.

jamestolliver
02-16-2010, 07:34 PM
I hope he is. Gay people need a tough as nails role model. They don't have enough of them

Did you watch the Wire?

Patrick King
02-16-2010, 08:28 PM
Well, he (or rather Big Boss) definitely banged EVA in MGS3. As for Solid Snake himself, I agree that he's too preoccupied with war to care much about relationships.

This. Also it's implied that Solid Snake and Meryl had a thing at some point between MGS1 and MGS4.

Jason California
02-16-2010, 08:32 PM
Did you watch the Wire?

First season.